Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Lottery for Peace- GA and SJC affliated

Sergeant Omen

Arc Trooper Sergeant of the 41st Elite Corps
Wearing:https://i.pinimg.com/originals/19/4b/7c/194b7c9213289da552462fb12c40e1df.jpg in all black.
Equipment: Datapad under clothes, Mando butterfly knife and Bes'bev in his arms,a wallet and a ID card.

Omen walked through one of Coruscant's great plazas with his hands balled into fists and his head held low while his thoughts were filled with curses and expletives. What are those spaceport staffers playing at, telling me that there is a backlog of ships waiting for fuel because of the talks going on. There can't be that nerfing many if you're sitting on your rear ends!" Needless to say, the trooper was not in the best of moods today but maybe that was soon to change. As the ARC rounded the corner, he saw a medium booth with a small crowd of people around it. The call of "Come one, come all to the Peace Lottery! See if you can win the first prize of today! All you need is an SJC or a GA ID card to enter!" echoed around the square, coaxing anyone that came near it with its siren call.

The trooper was one of those coaxed into coming to have a closer look at the booth. He could see that many local commercial business icons with ties to both the GA and the SJC were printed on the as sponsoring the lottery and that made sense. No business wanted a war that their trade ships would be in the middle of and no business wanted their facilities burned to the ground by an invading army. As he stepped up to the desk where a male light green-skinned Twilek was vetting the participants to see if they were actually from where they said they were. As the young Alien looked up, he smiled his automatic "This job wasn't worth it" smile at the Arc. "Here for the raffle? ID card please sir." Omen handed it over his ID without a word and as the Twilek looked at it, a chuckled ran out from his tired throat."Its funny, you look like one of those clones from..." He quickly stopped in surprise as the grumpy Omen took his mask off showing his full face. "Oh..." Omen ran his two fingers across his forehead in frustration, he was not in the mood to play the "Look at the 800-year-old clone" game today. "Just give the card back..." The Twilek stuttered from shock as he handed the soldier his card back plus a raffle ticket. "Here sir... the... the number on the ticket is yours. A ball with your number on it will... will be placed inside the ball roller and two balls will be picked for roll. If you get picked, you and another person from the GA both get a chance to win the same prize... All... all in the name of peace between the GA and the Silver Jedi. I... I wish you luck sir..." Omen rolled his eyes as he snatched both the ticket and the card before walking away. "Yeah, thanks..." He didn't mean to be hard on the kid but his patience level just was not there to play the "OMG, YOU'RE A CLONE!" game today.

"Hello folks, the first roll of the day is starting so keep an eye on those tickets. We will be picking the SJC winner first as their host in these current talks. Here we go!" the red Nikko crowed as he started to roll the ball machine. "Let us see if SJC member wins the chance at the Grand Prize of taking part in a dinner for two at the pillar of culinary Coruscant cuisine Goodvalor's Little Bivoli. The Nikto gave the crown a playful wink, "Only to talk Diplomacy of course." As the first ball rolled out of the machine, the Nikto grabbed it up like a greedy monkey before calling out "88, 88 is the first number." Omen took a look down at his ticket. "Probably not even close. What is it... 88? And my ticket says... 88..." The trooper's eyes could only go wide in shock and horror as his mind couldn't help going "I'm nerfed... I'm really nerfed... I'm totally nerfed..." as the Nikto started rolling for the GA participant.

OOC: Just a lottery for a dinner. Anyone who can claim GA or SJC citizenship/ the possibility to have an GA/SJC ID card can jump in.

Last edited:
It could be said that Aren was a member of the Silver Jedi but the woman was not good Jedi material. At least, not yet. She had only recently gotten out of Jail and wanted to travel again to the planet where she had been born. Oddly enough, she didn't have any memories of Coruscant but somehow knew where she was going.

She wasn't one to rely on the Force to guide her anywhere but she did use it now and then. Usually to control droids. Hopping onto one of the droid controlled speeders, she gave it directions and indicated she didn't need to pay any sort of fare for the ride. Once again getting away with a small bit of theft, she climbed off and found herself drawn into some sort of street festival with a raffle about a dinner and various other prizes to be had.

Normally she wasn't one to trust in luck so she didn't. Throwing in a few credits for the fundraising and flashing off her ID card (she had made sure to alter some of the information on it). A ticket was handed to her and she started walking off.

Stopping after just a few steps though, she heard the call that some prizes were about to get drawn. Not holding her breath in any manner, she listened to the first set called, looked at her ticket and started away again. Soon enough, she was stopped again and listened to the next set of numbers.

"32.67."

Glancing down, she realized those were her numbers. Turning around, she held her hand up with the ticket. What had she won?

Walking back to the booth where she had picked up the ticket. Holding it out, she patiently waited for her prize to be handed to her. Instead, a man in the crowd was pointed out to her.

"You've won a dinner with him. Good, sir, join us up here and hand your ticket in, like this nice young lady."

The Nikto was motioning and point to Omen to follow his directions.

Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen

Sergeant Omen

Now, this was embarrassing. As the clone glanced at the young woman, worry-filled his eyes. It wasn't hard to tell he was nervous for this dinner. He had nothing wear to a fancy dinner and what were they even going to talk about. He was weird, clunky, and couldn't do a conversation even if he was reading lines off a teleprompter. He had no business even trying to say hello to this woman.

Calm down, she isn't going to bite your head off... Maybe... Just stop looking awkward, go up there, and get your prize.

The Trooper quickly got into gear and walked up to the booth, handing over his ticket. The Nikto nodded in appreciation before giving both of them vouchers for Little Bivoli's. "Here you go, just flash them at the hostess and they will know where you're from and deal with you appropriately." He quickly winked at both of them. "Have a fun time, now I have to go help with the cleanup." With that, the Nikto disappeared and it was just them.

Well, here we go...

The Clone held out his hand to the female in front as he looked her over like she was a landmine he was trying to defuse."I guess this is hello. I'm Omen, its nice to meet you." As he waited for an answer, he only hoped he had cut the right wire.

Her ticket was taken from and a new one handed to her. This was was for the actual restaurant and its matching one was handed to Omen. They were told to have a good time and then left alone. Grunting slightly at just how abrupt things had been, Aren wondered silently if this was for real and not some sort of scam.

Well, whatever happened, she was set up with the man in front of her. Looking at his extended hand for just a second, she met it with hers.

"Aren D'Shade. Nice to meet you as well, Omen. You got a last name?"

Kicking herself mentally, she had just told him her real name. It was done and there was no taking it back. Hopefully, he wasn't too much into looking at criminal records and her name would mean nothing to him. Knowing her luck, though, he would know what she had done on Commenor and just what she was. A small-time criminal and hacker. Slicer to be more precise but that detail usually didn't matter.

"Any idea where this place is? Do I need to change into something more formal?"

Taking her hand back, she looked at the clone in a friendly manner.

Sergeant Omen

Omen took his hood and mask away from his face, showing the young woman his clone features as well as his brilliant smile. As he pulled his hand away, he focused on her features. His dinner partner looked like she hadn't eaten in weeks by how thin she looked and her hands looked like they were worked hard holding tools every day. Underworld street rat? Maybe but with her hazel eyes and brown hair, she sure was a pretty rat. Besides, who was he to judge how she went about making her living. As long as she didn't hurt him directly, everything would be alright.

When she asked for the last name, he froze a moment before telling her the truth. "I don't have a last name, Omen is just what I mostly go by." He returned her friendly smile, glad this talk wasn't dead in the water yet. "Aren is a nice name for you. I like it at least."

The trooper considered her question before giving her an answer. "I don't know the location. Probably more of a formal casual thing than a grand ball. Not that I would know anything about those..."

The Clone looked over her once more before getting straight to the point."So, what should I know about you Aren?"

It was probably a good thing Aren really didn't have much knowledge of ancient history to be able to recognize the face of an old clone staring at her. Once Omen removed his hood and make, she was able to get a good look at her date for the evening. This was going to be nice, he smiled at her and she couldn't help but return it.

Nodding when he said, he only really went by Omen, it was something she understood. She assumed he either didn't want to give her a name or he honestly didn't have one. Luckily her name hadn't sent him running so Aren also assumed it meant nothing to him and they would be able to enjoy the free dinner and an evening together.

"The location isn't going to be difficult to discover. Give me just a moment."

Not even reaching into her bag, she closed her eyes and mentally touched a small device inside of it.

"Sublevel 67. Lot 84. There we go."

Opening her eyes, she almost looked a little smug at getting the information so quickly. Then he asked what he should know about her. That smug look started to fade and she shrugged slightly.

"I'm an orphan that lived here in a home for a short period of time before I was adopted. My parents took me to Zakuul and that's where I grew up. Have you ever been there? What about you? Anything I should know?"

Having the address to where they were going, she would attempt to place her hand on his arm. Unless he pulled away, it might look like they were actually a couple out for a stroll in the night.

Sergeant Omen

Well, this was a first. A date... He was on an actual date. Well, he never thought this would happen in his lifetime. And yet here he was, talking to a lovely young woman and going to have dinner with her. Omen was even left more speechless when she closed her eyes and immediately knew the restaurant's location.

"A freelance force user who is also drop-dead gorgeous even with oil under her fingernails... This day keeps getting more interesting..."

He winced slightly as the drop-dead part and resisted beating his own head against a wall. He really needed to stop being an open book for anyone to read, especially blocking the flirty truths from coming out into the open. The Clone smiled softly as he listened to her story. It was one of the luckier ones in this galaxy to be sure. When she asked about him, he answered truthfully. It was all he could do for this kind young woman who hadn't run away from his scarred-up face yet.

"Let's see... I joined the GAR as a demo clone in 20 BBY I think... My memories tend to all ball up together... I got frozen in carbonite in 18... Got unfrozen a couple of months ago by a couple of SJC Padawans and I've just been kinda wandering around the galaxy ever since using Kashyyyk as a home base. But yeah, that's everything interesting other than me being able to brew potent drinks and being a little force sensitive."

Wait... Who was touching his arm... Oh, she was... Oh my nerf, Oh my nerf, Oh my nerf... No training could have prepared him for this. The Clone only could do what he had read in Romance novels on his datapad. He gently took her hand into his, intertwining their fingers together. There, now they looked like an actual couple and a darn good one if the ARC would say so himself and he did. He and his mile-long grin so definitely did.

Last edited:
She couldn't help but hear his comment since it came right after she finished speaking. Almost looking under her fingernails, Aren continued to smile at him and her eyes lit up at the compliment. If it had ever happened, she didn't remember it but to be called gorgeous was something new.

"Thank you, Omen."

When she finished her own brief life story, any fine details would have to wait. She listened to what her companion had to say. To say she was surprised at his honesty was an understatement. During her time working on droids, she had certainly encountered a few units dating from his time but he was the first person she had actually met from then. That was to be expected though, they should all be dead by 800 years or more. Yet, somehow, he had survived being carbonated and brought out of that recently.

"I'm sure there is so much you can tell me about that time, I'm sure!"

Chuckling when he said he could brew a potent drink, she held onto his hand as he took hers. As Aren had learned about the Force, she had learned a little on picking up on the emotions of people. The surprise he felt crossed over to her but she was happy he went with the flow.

"We can learn about the Force together too...if you want. Come on, let's get moving."

Walking with him, she wondered something to herself before giving voice to the question. It actually really didn't have anything to do with him.

"What level are we on?"

Sergeant Omen

Omen's dark brown eyes shined back as his pearly whites were shown off to full effect. As long as Aren was happy, so was he and right now he had no regrets going on this "date" with her. "You don't need to thank me for telling the truth. And yes I'll be willing to tell you all about my experiences while we get full bellies. Plus learning about the force together wouldn't hurt."

At the behest of her question, he silently lead her over to an old signboard map and pointed to the faded arrow indicating they were 10 levels below the restaurant. "We aren't that far away actually. Just need to find a way to get there" The Clone turned to her and gestured to a lift tube before walking over to it and pressing a button, summoning a car to their floor. With the spin of his heel, Omen turned around to face Aren with a cheeky smile on his face. "Now all we can do is rise to the occasion and in my view, you already do that spectacularly." A liftcar to dinner with a lovely woman. Yes, there was nowhere else he would rather be.

Aren D'Shade Aren D'Shade

While Aren did continue to smile, it faded just slightly as she realized she didn't know what level they were on. Luckily it seemed Omen was more familiar with Coruscant and lead her to an old map. Though he said she didn't have to thank him for telling the truth, she had felt the need to.

"Life is so full of deception, it is nice to have honesty."

Smiling again, she nodded when he pointed out they weren't really very far from where they needed to be. Following him to the lift tube, they waited together for it to arrive.

"Does that go from top to bottom or is its area limited?"

This was an aspect of life on the city world she hadn't known about. Curiosity showed in her eyes and since he was Force-sensitive himself, he might pick it up from her body since they were still holding hands. She wasn't going to let go until she had to either.

However, he answered, they had a bit of a wait for the car to arrive.

"How many missions did you go on and how did you get frozen?"

That was something usually saved for bounties or criminals. Aren didn't think he fit either description.

Sergeant Omen

Aren's words were very true. Someone with other goals would lie their ass off to get their way with her but he was not them. The only problem was when she asked if the lift went up and down, he thought she meant his heart. "Oh, it's definitely going up and down plus sideways. You are the cause of it and it is a good feeling." It was then Omen's mind stopped twirling about and he actually figured out she meant the elevators. The blush on his face radiated like the lava on Mustafar. "Oh... Ummm... I think it is limited but it should get us where we need to go."

It was a funny feeling, waiting for a lift while holding someone's hand and being connected to them. It was like their two auras were merging together into one powerful force. So this is what it was like being with someone. The Clone wouldn't change their meeting for the world. Then she asked for the number of missions that he had been on back then and how he had gotten frozen. An easy enough question to answer. "Over 100 individual missions doing everything from guerilla ops to rebel training and everything in between. As for my freezing... some Trandosians captured me alive and froze me during my last mission. I lasted more than 850 years before I got thawed out and now I'm here... with you..." It seemed like the Trooper had run out of words just to be saved by the bell at the sound of the arriving lift. As the liftdoors opened, he gestured for her to lead the way."Beautiful greasemonkeys always go first after all."

At first, Aren was confused by the answer given, but when she noticed the blush on his face, she figured out what he meant. Choosing not to tease him about the mistake, she smiled and didn't quite know how to react. Perhaps she had spent too much time working with droids and robots and not enough time with organics. Having the feeling that was going to change soon, she went with the flow of what felt natural, and holding his hand was that.

Nodding when he did finally answer, she listened to what he had to say about himself.

"The number is staggering! And you did so many different kinds of missions too."

Giving him a large smile, she liked hearing his stories already. Now they had an entire evening to talk about them. As these thoughts went through her mind, the car arrived to take them up the ten floors they needed to go. Omen said she should go first and she attempted to pull him along with her.

"I think we can do this together, Omen."

Keeping the smile, her eyes also glittered a little. Maybe they were filled with curiosity and happiness...maybe mischief. Time would tell and they would both soon learn.

Sergeant Omen

Well, at least Aren had chosen to spare him the embarrassment of laughing in his face after his little voice box failure. That was a blessing in itself. He only gave a half-smile as he let her Ooo and Ahh over his mission count as he contained the hurt inside. Yes, it was a large number but what was in those missions... Well, let's just say seeing a brother intact one minute and only limbs of that same brother laying bloody on the Umbarain jungle floor was something that he didn't want to remember at this moment.

Just focus on those twinkling eyes of hers and everything will be alright.

The Clone's eyes went wide as the little woman pushed past him and then dragged him onto the lift cart with the persistent pull of her hand. She defiantly was strong lass, wasn't she? Working with all those heavy parts must be her version of a workout and he could see it was doing her well. But with all his thinking and focusing on the raven-haired woman in front of him, he must have missed the crack between the lift station floor and the lift car itself and managed to trip. The clone flew uncontrollably past his date, just managing to twist himself around and collide with his back against the car's window. The old window finally broke under the pressure, causing the clone to pull the raven mechanic out of the lift car and into the open air, both falling to their deaths a hundred floors below. Omen was finally able to be at peace. A side effect of this little maneuver was that he just managed to pull Aren facefirst against his chest. Boy, if his face wasn't red in embarrassment before, it was now... "S-Sorry..." He would give Aren a chance to untangle herself from his mess of a body but if she didn't... well he wouldn't complain any.

The jelly-legged clone was even able to muster up a weak chuckle and tried to play off the situation as cool as he could. "You should have warned me that guys fall head over heels for you literally." No, Omen wasn't a ladies' man and never would be but he could still throw out jokes with the best of them. He even had what seemed to be the same amount of mischief in his eyes to boot. Maybe this couple would be good for each other after all.

With her back to Omen at the moment he tripped, his sudden movement in the direction of the floor caught her by surprise. What happened what totally unexpected. Thankfully the window behind him held firm but the sound of his head colliding with it echoed through the car.

Just before the trip happened, Aren had started to pick up on some pain from her date. However, she was now practically laying on top of his chest and breathing in his scent. Taking the moment to just breathe and make sure she wasn't hurt, she turned her head to look at Omen.

"Are you okay?"

Even though he joked about the situation, she asked her question with a sense of fully wanting to know if he was or wasn't hurt. Pride not counting in the grand scheme of things. Hoping her heavy tool bag hadn't also hit him, she made sure it was still attached to her body. Letting a sigh of relief, she figured out why her own side was aching so much. It had hit her. Better her than him, in her opinion.

Finally deciding to move, she attempted to regain her feet and held a hand out to offer to help him up as well.

Sergeant Omen

Omen resisted the urge to look up and ask if Aren was his angel before nodding that he was okay and accepting her hand, rising to his feet and dusting himself off. "I'm alright, I have a hard head." He hadn't had any injuries but he could clearly see by the way she was holding herself together that she was not alright. Well, the Clone didn't want her to walk with a limp all the way to the restaurant but did he want to go that far... Well, he could wait till they got out of the lift car to be rash. Till then, all he could do is be worried he had broken his date before it even officially started.

He glanced at the heavy tool bag as the car ran up into the clouds. The Clone had to remember to ask what all was in that bag. Maybe it was one of those items magicians used to make things disappear forever until she needed it again, who know. Soon though, they had reached their floor and the time had come to execute his plan. "Sorry in advance... You can always tell me to let you down." With that, the Trooper took her heavy tool sack off her belt and attached it to his before he gathered the shorter woman off her feet and into his arms. With a cheeky smile as he gazed into his date's eyes, Omen stepped out of the lift car and moved to the restaurant, ready for anything life has to offer with Aren at his side.

Giving him a cheeky smile that probably showed off more teeth than she normally did, Aren helped him to his feet, Giving her sore hip a break, she stood more firmly on her other foot. Omen noticed this and took her bag from her side. Blinking at this move slightly, she honestly hoped his hand didn't accidentally go inside. While she was able to connect to a small device inside and have full access to the holonet, another person would actually have to touch it. If one wasn't expecting this, it would most likely overwhelm them with all the information hitting their mind.

Luckily, that did not appear to be the case. Starting to reach out for her bag, Omen instead picked her up to carry her out of the elevator. Letting out a bit of a surprised sound, when their eyes locked for a moment, the woman calmed down.

"You know this is probably the first time anybody has done this to me."

Her hip was just sore and where the bag had smacked into her would be bruised but she wasn't going to ask to be put down just yet. Thankfully as Omen stepped out of the car, there wasn't additional tripping and it seemed he could carry her easily.

"You're rather strong."

Saying this with that smile on her face, he should be able to pick up that she felt she was giving him a compliment. Hopefully, he would put her down before they reached the restaurant but for now, she would rest in his arms and allow him to carry her.

Sergeant Omen

Luckily, that did not appear to be the case. Starting to reach out for her bag, Omen instead picked her up to carry her out of the elevator. Letting out a bit of a surprising sound, when their eyes locked for a moment, the woman calmed down.

Omen chuckled at the little cute sound the woman made when he picked her up. No matter what this little darling said, she was pretty to him. "Well, I can't have you limping all the way to the Restaurant now can I? Wouldn't be gentlemanly" He really had been reading too many romance novels lately. Hell, this move seemed straight out of an Aldreanian Royal Story between a Prince and a Maid.

When she commented about his strength, he only shrugged. "It is mostly the cybernetics. I had a pretty bad accident and had to get my arms and legs amputated and replaced. It hasn't stopped me from moving though." Indeed the rest of his body seemed to be in shape or at least battle ready and his face wasn't bad to look at despite the missing eye and all of the scars over his face.

He walked her all the way into the restaurant, ignoring all the glances and snickers of others as they walked by. When they reached the building where the eatery was housed, he gently lowered her to the ground and opened the door for her. "After you. I insist." Whatever happened after this dinner, just being with Aren had made him a happier person. In the future, maybe they would be a happy couple but Omen put that in the back of his mind for now. One step at a time Omen, one step at a time.

He commented on the reason he had picked her and Aren really couldn't think of any good rebuff to it. Wrapping one arm around his neck, she let the other rest on her stomach. A time would come when could put her back onto her own feet and allow her to test her hip out to make sure she could walk. Having no doubt that if for whatever reason, she was going to fall he would be there to catch her.

Maybe it was the Force that spoke this to her or something else entirely, but she got the funny feeling Omen was going to be around her for a long time to come. This wasn't love she felt or anything emotional, yet. It just felt right and she decided to allow the feeling to continue.

Perhaps it was because of all the technology that surrounded them or Aren was distracted by something, but she had not actually noticed that his arms and legs were cybernetic. Closing her eyes for just a moment, she reached out with the Force to lightly touch his arms and legs. Sure enough, he was telling the truth.

"I could make them work better if they ever start to malfunction."

That would be something they could talk about over the course of dinner. For now, though, she got out of his arms when he put her down and tested out her hip.

"I'll be fine from here. Thank you, Omen. Shall we?"

Stepping into the restaurant, they were welcomed and taken to a table. So far so good and their evening went very smoothly. Two strangers, talking, eating, and getting to know each other. By the end of the evening, they were comfortable enough with each other and agreed to meet up again soon.

She handed her ID over watching as he inspected it carefully, "haven't seen you before you sure you're with Silvers?"

Cautiously he handed her the ID back laying it flat upon her palm, "
yes I'm just one of the quiet ones, I've been away for sometime. I don't know you either...are you sure you're supposed to be here?" A broad smile add a bit of spark to her eyes.

"Yes...." the long pause was waiting for her to fill in the blank.

"Serena."

"Serena, nice. Your ticket number is 105." He watched her s if expecting her to do something odd, "I promise it's all good." She looked around and wondered about the raffle. It seemed like good fun and she had not seen good fun in sometime. She caught up on all the things Ren had done to her life while she was gone, and hopefully had corrected all the misunderstandings and misconceptions bout who SHE was versus who her sister Ren had been.

All in the past now today was the first day of a new beginning. But she was looking for another dig to go on, she loved her job. but it was also good to remember she was Jedi too. A quiet one, but one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom