Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
mtRxZ7B.png

fp0AQ6D.jpg

Credit: Destiny, Bungie

Name: Lost
Designation: Sentient
Homeworld: Sernidipal
Language: Binary
Average height of adults: Universally 7' 5"
Skin color: Varied
Hair color: N/A
Breathes: Unable to breathe
Strengths:

• Theoretically Immortal - The Lost are not organic, and thus do not suffer the same as organics. Albeit the laws of the universe dictate, as with all things, they will indeed rust. Careful repairs can extend what could be considered their lifespan, but poor repairs, malfunctions and injury can spell death for any Lost.
  • Endurance - As cold and tireless as machines, the Lost do not suffer from fatigue. At least not in the organic sense. While Lost can find themselves starting to slow down, they are capable of great feats of endurance and strength, but without recharging themselves from solar energy, they can find themselves starting to tire, or even worse, shutting down permanently.
Weaknesses:
  • Shut Down - The Lost are constantly active, and find themselves recharged in the warm radiance of the sun. While they can become inactive, and enter something akin to sleep, they do not entirely deactivate. The Lost lack the inability to shut down and restart. If a Lost runs out of energy and its internal programs shuts down, it is permanent. It is unable to restart. While not 'dead', they will never awaken from what they collectively call The Eternal Sleep.
  • Complex - The inner workings of a Lost is so complex and alien that repairs are near-impossible. Of the species that have encountered the Lost, the only known ones to be able to repair them are their own, the Silentium, and the Yaka, even the highly sophisticated Wol Cabaspoodooe have trouble comprehending the Lost.
Distinctions: The Lost are distinctly machine, and commonly labelled as droids. Though they are capable of sentient thought and consciousness, many are content with being labelled as droids as they hold a desire to mold into societies. Of the few Lost that have been ripped apart, they have been identified as made of durasteel.
Average Lifespan: Theoretically immortal
Races: N/A
Estimated Population: Estimates are unclear, but there are no more than one hundred left in the galaxy.
Diet: Does not eat.
Communication: Radio waves and transmitters.

Culture:
While the Lost have lived in the galaxy for eight hundred years, they are so few and so separated that as a species they have not developed a culture. They adopt the culture of species they come into contact with.

Technology level:
While they're highly advanced and sophisticated machines, they lack a society for which they dwell within. Their technology level is relevant to their location in the galaxy. Albeit this, they are more prone to understanding technology than other species, comparable to the Verpine.

General behavior:
The Lost, as described by their culture, are largely unique in that they adopt the behavior of those they come into contact with, lacking a sense of primal instinct, they watch, study and mimic other races. There have been reports of a sentient machine living with Trandoshans, and is known to be wildly violent, but other rumors tell of a peaceful Lost individual living with the Gran.

History:

24 ABY, a year prior to the Yuuzhan Vong invasion...
Sernidipal was an impoverished world, lacking modern technology. It was one of many that would be targeted by the Yuuzhan Vong. It was the Silentium who had come to the world in quiet, and observing from afar. They made sure they were not seen.
Silentium, having exhausted their resources in a lost war with the Yuuzhan Vong, the machine species had fled their home-galaxy, and now encroached on the Unknown Regions. They infiltrated planets with their array of droids, but many of their society saw no interest in the affairs of the galaxy.
A sole Silentium thought otherwise. A singular machine among a group known only as The Rest. This powerful giant had come into knowledge of the impending Yuuzhan Vong Invasion, and drifting from his society, he plotted to shift the fate of a few.

The subroutine this Silentium designed that seeded the first consciousness of his own creation was lost to history, but it had started a catalyst. He forged the beings known as The Lost, tireless machines with the consciousness of a sentient being. They are not required to eat or sleep, nor do they breathe, but they reason and hold logic, and have intelligent thought.
They defended Sernidipal, utilizing advanced technology by the Silentium, but they were too few too late. The Yuuzhan Vong had gained victory, and destroyed the planet, the Lost were near extinction, and those they were designed to protect were almost eradicated from history.
Only a handful of Lost fled the planet, many of which suffered severe injuries. Missing limbs and integral components, they slowly fell into disrepair, malfunction, or entered the Eternal Sleep.
Eight hundred years since the war, many more have perished to malfunction and lack of repairs, and so few remain that in a galaxy so big, it is doubtful one would see another of their own ever again. They wander the stars, faced with the question; Who are we, and what is our place in this galaxy?

Intent:
These sentient machines have been created to provide more sentient machines to the Star Wars galaxy beyond the two current sentient machines species.

[member="Vigil-01"]
So, I want to start be saying that I think this is a very thoughtful submission! It is apparent that you put some thought into it. That being said, I do have some small notes, more questions for my own benefit that I'll need you to address before we move forward!

Vigil-01 said:
Midi-chloroxians - Found in extremely rare cases with droid lubricants, these have been found commonplace among the few Lost. Providing a pathway to the Force, but much akin to their cousin, the Midi-chlorians, the existence of the Midi-chloroxians in the system does not mean an ability to harness the Force, it requires a high concentration of Midi-chloroxians to utilize the Force, and can be found only in a rare few Lost.
After researching the subject and consulting with the Codex Administrator, unfortunately we are unable to accept any droids who can harness the Force. In all of the Extended Universe only one droid was ever noted to be capable of such a feat and his appearance was purely non-canonical in nature. Therefore, even though midi-chloroxians could theoretically explain the ability of a droid to manipulate the force, we don't have enough canon information on them at this time for this to be a viable application of their existence.

Vigil-01 said:
but other rumors tell of a peaceful Lost individual living with the Mon Calamari.
While I am sure this was probably meant more as a general example, because you have mentioned Mon Calamari, which is an aquatic world, I have to ask the range of adaptability this species has. You mentioned that these creatures do rust, yet one apparently dwells underwater. So, if you could just give some clarification on the range of adaptability. Are they in fact capable of living underwater for long periods of time? If so how do they avoid rusting and how do they get the necessary sunlight needed to sustain themselves?

After these changes, I think this submission should be good to go. If you need any help, please let me know!

[member="Cecily de Demici"]
Edited. I have a busy schedule so I'm not able to respond quickly, sorry.

The Mon Calamari was an error on my part, because obviously ALL things rust (even non-rust metals, and the aging process of organics is a form of rusting), and of course the obvious lack of sunlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom