Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Lost in the city

Your drunk writer

A L E M A  V R E I
7acb151ba9d566ffe16477e6fd2a2328.jpg

Tag: TBD​
Time: 20:17 PM (approx. 5 hours till midnight)​
''Hmph... Months here and still no job. It has been months, right?'' The thoughts reiterated in her mind as she paced towards the nearest alley, taking giant yet light-weight and graceful steps despite her rather timid size. Yet upon performing these actions, it was only a stinging pain that began to become more prominent in her body. Slowly intensifying with every swift step that she made. Alongside the physical consequences of her sprint, her breathing pattern turned irregular and shaky, nearly comparable to the panting of a shivering Voorpak. The Twi'lek would glance one more time towards the market street, she had just come from, before returning her vision to that of the alley. There were a few things that could work in her advantage: crates and at the end there was a fence. Yet, it was best to not take any risks and thus she looked at both sides of the alley. At these sides, there were a handful of crates, some stacked while others were placed before them. Alema heaved a sigh before, without any remorse, ducking towards the ones on the right. A rough landing was all that followed, but it was better than having to pay that 'person' with the last credits she had. Alema hadn't expected the Chagrian to be this quick, yet it was possibly the crowd and her size that worked as an advantage, for once...
A small grin appeared on the pink Twi'lek's face as she began to move the capuchon over her lekku, covering most of her face with a gloomy shadow. Minutes would pass, where she would wait for the chaos in the street to be over, and when it felt right. Alema rose to her feet again, taking a stroll back towards the main street. She took two steps, to enter the lane of people that wandered on the right side of the street. On the left, several merchants could be heard chanting and yelling while on the right, most of them began to close their business because the night arrived. It was a very separated piece of the city, but that was this planet in general. Life on Corellia was... different from what Alema had expected, it was always seen as the 'wealthy metropolis'. But those were the words of her uncle, and like all of his supervisors/commissioners knew: Evyn's words were often way more promising and dramatized to a certain level. And... not to be trusted. The last words of that sentence were the things Alema struggled with, she had expected life to be way better around these parts. Exciting, full of adventure, yet all she has done was live of the little bits of credit that she received from stealing items then selling them. ''Kriff...''
Without even noticing the simple and faint grin had disappeared, overshadowed by her regret and sadness. Yet... there was hope for a better living, she just needed to find the right commissioner and prove that she's the excellent person to hire. That is all there is to do, right?

ChVAW7n.png

Ah, Correlia. It had been some time since Maestus walked the streets here. She gave an absent minded light pull on the hood of her cloak, pulling it down to just obscure her eyes from view. No sense alarming the local populace with her black, soulless eyes just yet.

She traversed slowly, leisurely down the streetway. As she moved, she shifted her gaze here and there. For once, she wasn't on Maw or NSO business. No, this was personal business. Long neglected personal business. An amazing amount of time had passed since she'd been able to indulge in her own business pursuits. She had no regrets, mind you. Life simply was what it was.

As she walked the streets, her eyes scanned for possibilities. She had no desire to upset the delicate balance of life here. It was actually counter to her intentions to do so. She was sure she could find someone. It was a matter of being aware and patient.

That's when she saw her. The pink Twi'Lek who had just come from an alley. Maestus studied her species mate intensely. Looked healthy, but looks can be deceiving. She needed to get closer and learn more. Without drawing attention to herself and running, Maestus quickened her pace just enough. Given a short amount of time, Maestus would catch up to Aveney Aveney .

She subdued her Force signature as she wrapped the Force around herself. No point in drawing unwanted attention at the moment. Not that she would shy away from such a challenge. But she knew when to pick her battles. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Your drunk writer

A L E M A  V R E I

Time: 20:22 PM (approx. 4.5 hours till midnight)​
Alema continued walking, her eyes and head were facing the ground, inspecting the tiles that formed this important market street. Besides that, her hands would move towards her pockets as she tried to catch a glimpse of the few credits that were stored in them. This money was all worthless to her, it was barely enough for the pilot to purchase a poor-quality diner. Yet then there's a specific choice. Every day Alema would be seen facing a certain decision; the verdict whether to steal the items and risk the option of getting caught by the corrupt lawmen or to buy her food in an honest, yet extortionate way... And even if she absolutely despised taking risks when there was an option not to, the Twi'lek was aware that stealing her basic needs was her only choice for the time being. And even during these moments, where sinister and often depressing thoughts or moments took control. It was her hope that kept her alive. (And also the slight bit of luck.) The joy and prosperity that the future may bring, the thought of having her own little family or group of friends, just like Evyn and Talik wanted. And... becoming just as great as her own mother.

Her little thought bubble would be broken down by a swift change in the environment. She had felt this type of stimuli before, often coming from places which she couldn't specifically determine. So all her assumptions gave away was, that it was possibly her ears picking up a high-pitched tune that would originate to one of the many factories and shipyards that created the primary source of income for the ruling faction. Alema would come to a halt before looking around: ''Where does this come from...''

Moments later, she began to glance at the high skyscrapers and the factory exhaust pipes that opposed them. During this brief period, she would be shoved towards one of the shops at the side of the street by the rather violent and impatient crowd. ''Argh...'' She'd exclaim upon feeling the splinters of the wood touch her bare hands. Without showing any remorse, Alema would pull her hands off the annoyingly textured table. Her hood, that covered most of her face, would fall off. Giving all the details of her away, otherwise known as her lekku. Including the tattoos which varied from dots to stripes... ''As if my day couldn't get any worse.''

Matsu Xiangu, for her part, was keeping a very low profile. While for the last several years she’d been mostly keeping to herself in the Unknown Regions, she doubted a period of quiet would make anyone in the Galactic Alliance any more tolerant of her. Several hundreds of war crimes to your name did that. Even still, she’d had the urge to do her own business off-world lately, her affairs on Maena held in check by Six-O and a party of other trusted associates. Corellia, as much as it had seen in the last several decades, still greatly influenced the perception of the Core in people’s minds and so Matsu had ventured out to meet with several textile vendors to bring variety to her fashion lines.

It felt good to see the galaxy again.

But she was ever hungry, and so found herself leaning against the wall of a ramen vendor’s shop, chopsticks in one metal hand as she watched the people walking by. She might have laughed at the mundanity if she weren’t so starving. The child growing inside her - as questionable as its existence remained to her - seemed to make her voracious.

She was a few feet away when the Twi’lek woman found herself acquainted with the table. Matsu came from one of the mostly densely populated cities the galaxy had ever known and was used to the squeeze of human traffic through every walkway, but she remembered well what it felt like to be lost in it.

“Probably better to look from here anyway,” she said, surprising herself. “People are like livestock, they don’t know enough to move around something in front of them.” From underneath her hood, the Twi’lek girl would more than likely not be able to make out the scarring across her eerily pale face, but her eyes might have been visible.

Ellia "El" Arroh walked through the market square that was close to her home. She was in her usual street clothes, nothing stylish to give her away from anyone as walking the city streets. The only thing that would tell her apart from anyone on these bustling streets was the Corsec badge on her waistband. As she entered one of her favorite local minimarts, the owner Papa Pash looked up and gave her a wide grin.

"Ah, if it isn't the superhero officer. How are the streets tonight?"

The CORSEC officer flashed a smile back to the owner who had watched her grow up when she lived here with her family in the apartment upstairs. While her family had moved to alittle bit safer of a neighborhood thankfully, she still came back time after time to buy her favorite cookies from her childhood and talk about neighborhood gossip with the owner.

"They are quiet tonight. No sith has mowed me down yet so I think tonight is going to be fine. Just stopping by for my favorites as always though I can't stay long. Mama's making family dinner and you know how she gets when her rules aren't followed."

The owner could only nod as El passed him the money for the cookies.

"She always had been a firecracker that one. Never knew what you were going to get from her. Is she doing alright?"

El nodded as Papa handed her the change.

"You know the Arroh's, the tougher than a dire-cat. She has been getting tired out at the hospital though, you can see it in the bags under her eyes."

The owner nodded sympethically, having spent many long nights himself behind the counter.

"Well, give her my..."

A long bang could be heard as one of bystanders walking outside wasn't moving fast enough and was pushed into one of the picnic tables Papa had outside the store.

"Oh come on! I just refinished that table!"

El could only chuckle and wave as she got ready to walk out the door.

"Have some compassion Papa, they're probably just from offworld, I'll go check on them. Have a good night!"

The owner waved back as El walked out.

"Stay safe Officer!"

El would walk up to the purple-skinned Twilek with caution, trying not to scare her as the humanoid got back to her feet.

"You alright? You took one doosey of a fall."

Last edited:
Your drunk writer

A L E M A  V R E I

Time: 20:23 PM (approx. 4.5 hours till midnight)​
Still dazed by what had just happened, the Twi'lek looked up to see a figure draped in black. Only a faint ray of light that touched their face, yet the rest of their identity was left unknown. As they began to speak it was only words of philosophy talking about the heavy crowds in a city similar to this one. A faint chuckle was all she led out: ''Well, you're certainly right about that part. Corellians... can be a tad selfish and asocial... Haha,'' The pilot responded without a single thought or remorse on how it may sound. Moments later, she began to straighten her back, to atleast be a bit taller than just the 5'3 that was often represented by her terrible posture.

Alema began to look around, scanning the area for what had caught her attention before. There was a variety of people of all species and cultures that was wandering through this crowded street. And between all of those Aqualish, Humans and even Nautolans, there was a red... Twi'lek? There were several dark pigmented tattoos or markings that ran across their face, must be a warrior of some sort. Despite her curiosity, she shrugged it off and began to return her vision towards the mysterious stranger that stood beside her.

It wasn't even seconds after she discovered the red Twi'lek that she was approached by another stranger, who had a seemingly more forced and rational voice than the other. ''I'm alright, could be better but honestly, I can't complain,'' Alema responded with her heavy Rylothian accent. A faint smile on her face as she glanced at the woman.

She kept her distance from the others. Eyes impassive as the other Twi'Lek, Aveney Aveney , fell into the table. Maestus also took note of those near Alema now, especially the law officer, Ellia "El" Arroh Ellia "El" Arroh . 1 police officer was no problem. THe issue was, there tended to be others just a call away.

Deciding discretion was the better part of valor, Maestus warped the Dark Side, and hid her Force signature. Matsu Xiangu Matsu Xiangu would probably notice the change as Maestus Force presence vanished. Were the other Sith Lord to look in her direction, she would note that the black tattoos covering Maestus face were, indeed, Sith tattoos. The only give away as to her belief system.

She stepped off, moving towards the store and tables Aveney Aveney had made the sudden acquaintance of. She stayed to the fringe for the moment, intent to watch and listen. One could learn more from shutting their mouth and opening their eyes and ears.

El nodded as she looked at the Twilek's arms to see if they had anything more than scraps or bruises that might need bacta spray on them and glancing back into the crowd to see if the pusher was still around. She noticing the blacked hooded figure watching them before focusing back on the purple Twilek's unhooded face. She took note of the Aliens tattoos and reminded herself to run them in the Corsec database once she was home for anything relating to criminal dealings or maybe even humanoid trafficking operation that the Twilek may have escaped from.

I'm guessing you're not from here, aren't you? Sounds like... you're from Ryloth if I'm not mistaken? That's a long way to come to look for work here...

The off-duty cop handed the unknown woman her pack of cookies, hoping to get on her good side before they parted ways. Not many were fond of cops unless the officers went out of their way to help them and she hoped to prevent the Twilek woman from vanishing into the crowd and getting caught, captured, or worse in these slums.

By how skinny you are, you need these a lot more than I do.

El looked at the Twilek with concern, written on her face. This woman... girl fit more like it but she was one of the youngest Corsec officers ever so she couldn't exactly comment... needed help... It looked like she was being shadowed and didn't even know it. And by the looks of it, that black-hooded figure wouldn't stay complacent forever either.

Tell me, where are you sleeping tonight?

Last edited:
In her travels, more of them as of late, she was always searching for talent. The kind of talent didn’t matter - there was work and the promise of success for all kinds on Maena, in her circle of influence. Slicers, mercenaries, pilots, force-users, scientists, doctors - hell, even a good receptionist or assistant was always in demand. It was a profitable enterprise for all involved. Matsu’s power grew, and those who called Maena home or at least homebase grew rich and found influence and adventure as well.

The Twi’lek’s humor in response surprised her, in a good way. She felt a Force-signature go dark somewhere close by and made note, but otherwise made no indication. Best not to give those things away… “It’s that way in every city I’ve visited I suppose. I live on one now - massive, busy, promising. And I would say they’re even less considerate.”

As the officer approached, Matsu reached up and pushed her hood off her face. It was mostly for anonymity’s sake this deep in the Core, and she loathed dramatic flairs. Her face was, of course, startling: the echo of a mature beauty, sharp Atrisian features, riven deep with scars from too many duels to count. Her eyes were white but not blind, simply the product of having to have her corneas replaced with technology created on Maena after Elpsis Kerrigan Elpsis Kerrigan had boiled them during a duel.

She smiled pleasantly at the officer, no hint of malice. Oh she was Sith, but she could be on her best behavior. Violence for its own sake had always struck her as a waste of energy, a lack of emotional maturity.

“Can I have one?” Matsu asked, pointing with one shiny black metal hand to the cookies.

Hey, she was pregnant after all.

Your drunk writer

A L E M A  V R E I

Time: 20:27 PM (approx. 4.5 hours till midnight)​
Upon seeing the woman push off the hood from her head, she would be faced by the scars and white eyes that she had. Certainly shocked or more perplexed by them, Alema still attempted to conceal these feeling to not scare off the lady. Instead, she smiled slightly as if the Twi'lek tried to comfort her despite the scars that may cause a certain insecurity or social anxiety. She had a good feeling about this certain person, possibly a sixth sense.
As the Twi'lek looked closely at how the other stranger was behaving, she would've noticed the similarities between her and a CORSEC officer. ''Kriff...'' The nearly inaudible words left her purple lips as she tried to avoid some direct eye contact with her. Especially not after escaping an angry Chagrian barkeeper. He was way too close and nearly caught her so, making contact with someone that strives for the security and lawfulness in a city that is lost in corruption and the endless poverty was everything but useful. Yet, keeping silent may raise suspicion so Alema just followed the course of the conversation. ''You're correct and no I'm not a slave. Seems like all there is to judge of Twi'leks is that they are either slaves or affiliated with the Hutts in another way. Must be our godforsaken past,'' The pilot hissed upon hearing the comment of the officer. Despite the attitude she showed, she would still reach out for the snacks the stranger offered.
The Rylothian pilot would try to take a deep breath before slowly smiling again. Moments later, upon hearing the somewhat friendly request of the scarred figure, she would grab one of the few cookies before handing it to her. ''There.'' Alema would then look around to search for the fellow Twi'lek she had seen moments ago, yet they had possibly moved along...

El looked at the nice face with a raised eyebrow as the cookies were split between the two females. Of course, she didn't trust the newcomer just like she didn't fully trust the Twilek but unlike the newcomer, the Twilek seemed fully in distress. And the white eyes and scares on the newcomer's face didn't improve the officer's impression of her.

I wonder what her story is... While interesting, I don't think it's a good one. I better not ask about it unless she offers...

Unfortunately, you can't arrest someone for asking you to share your cookies with them and she was feeling generous today. She just hoped that come back to bite her in the end...

''You're correct and no I'm not a slave. Seems like all there is to judge of Twi'leks is that they are either slaves or affiliated with the Hutts in another way. Must be our godforsaken past,''
The officer winced internally, knowing how many slaver dens and human trafficking cartels CORSEC took down on a daily basis.

"I wasn't meaning to affiliate you with any of your species stereotypes... I just know how hard it is to make it on Corellia... My Mom worked two jobs trying to support me and my brother and sister after my Dad died in the line of duty... We were almost forced out onto the streets multiple times, even having to spend a night at the homeless shelter once or twice... So yes, I know how hard life is for anyone on this planet... You didn't answer my question also, where are you sleeping tonight, and by the way, what are your two's names. I'm Officer El of CORSEC."

She offered a hand to both of her new acquaintances and El looked into the Twilek's eyes, she couldn't help thinking of the newscasts of refugees from the Bryn taking whatever help they could get from the SJC's soup kitchens. Hopefully, the officer could maybe give the Purple Twilek some hope in her trying times. She scanned the area around them, looking at the ready hoping this wasn't someone's dumb plan to ambush a cop.

It would not have mattered whether or not the Twi’lek had hidden her reaction. Matsu had spent the entirety of her life cultivating the power to control others minds and though she was strangely reticent about using it without provocation - a matter of manners, in her opinion - it was impossible for her not to exist without the emotions of others pressing against her mind like a sixth sense. She was not trying, she just felt them, and the woman’s shock came first and then her wish not to be cruel. To the unpracticed mind, Aveney Aveney ’s poker face was excellent. Something to note...

Of even more interest though was the streak of apprehension that took over when the CORSEC officer appeared. Not unusual all told - plenty of people had reasons to want to avoid the law. This one seemed idealistic, young. Matsu didn’t want to be cynical.

What might have been smart would be lying. Just provide another name and move on. As previously thought, this CORSEC officer looked young and her organization’s purview wasn’t galactic. It wasn’t as if she’d have interest in Matsu’s many, and varied, war crimes. The fact that her planet supplied much of Corellia’s black market drug trade though? Problematic. But then again, she wasn’t exactly plain-looking. And oh Force had it been a while since she’d had a good fight...

“Matsu Xiangu,” she answered, pushing herself off her position on the wall which did nothing to make her height any less diminutive. “I was just chatting with our Twi’lek friend here regarding my need for someone to look at my ship. She mentioned she’s a mechanic. Isn’t that right?” she said, turning her gaze from the CORSEC officer to the deep purple face of the younger woman. She’d felt that apprehension when the officer showed up, and if the Twi’lek wanted out, now was the time. She could well say no, and Matsu would quietly move on.

Your drunk writer

A L E M A  V R E I

Time: 8:30 PM (approx. 4.5 hours till midnight)​
''Alema Vrei...'' The Twi'lek huffed as she was kindly greeted by the CORSEC Officer, yet despite her skepticism, she remained passive and didn't act in on these timid feelings of wrath. She extended her hands and took El's hand before shaking it swiftly and returning it to her hips. A faint grin on her face, fickle and truly suspicious, which worked alongside the lines of her slight suspicion that this certain law-enforcer was going to offer her fake help, which was everything she didn't want at this very moment. So she took a step back before looking at the stranger called 'Matsu Xiangu'. Her sinister expression had been concealed by the earlier mentioned poker face. It was all about winning trust when you live in this part of Coronet City, yet there was a side in her, that was trying to comfort Xiangu despite the series of events. Yet it all got too much...
''Seeing your concern about the citizens of this kriffing city, seems to be irrelevant. Look around you, the streets are everything but great, it's overcrowded filled with insects and rodents. I don't care about your little attempt to get me shelter for the night. It's not as if that's going to help me long-term.'' Alema yelled at the officer, it may not be the smartest decision, but at least she was honest about her troubles. If she would end up in jail by the end of tonight, it may be a bit of a relief. It guarantees her safety, for a certain point yet maybe truly annoying in the long-term. The Twi'lek would heave a sigh as she looked away from El, it was pointless. Other law enforcers would be able to capture her if they needed to, but from the time she had taken to rest and the little bits of energy that she had gained from the cookie, she might be able to outrun them.

Maestus watched the three females for some time. While she did, thoughts crossed her mind. What was the young Twi'Lek running from? She wished to know the answer to that question, very much.

She stepped closer, moving inward from the fringe. Her Force signature still concealed, she lowered the cloak's hood from her head, brushing it back to her shoulders. She stood close enough to the 3 females now, her presence would be noted more than likely. Her crimson skin, decorated with elaborate black tattoos, and black eyes with a slight ring of red around them...All visible.

She offered all 3 women a gentle and charming smile, meant to put them at ease. She unfolded her arms from within her robes and offered one to Aveney Aveney first, then to Matsu Xiangu Matsu Xiangu and finally to the officer, Ellia "El" Arroh Ellia "El" Arroh . She spoke in a voice that was equally gentle.

Ladies, greetings. I am Via K'mai. I couldn't help but overhear Alema, and I dont mean to intrude. I simply wanted to see if I could offer the young lady some assistance.

Your drunk writer

A L E M A  V R E I

Time: 8:30 PM (approx. 4.5 hours till midnight)​
Taking a deep breath in an attempt to calm down and ease her intrusive thoughts and headspace, she would be pleasantly surprised to see the red Twi'lek stand beside her. This person, who had made themselves known in her moment of frustration, had a friendly and utmost gentle approach to all of the strangers, even the officer who may have been affected by the scolding of the pilot.
''Uhm, right... Nice to meet ya Via, I can say that I had already noticed you and so it turns around.'' Alema joked softly and timidly as she made contact with the sinister eyes of the stranger. They were different from what she had seen before, instead of giving away fear or a certain unknowingness, they represented the opposite, knowledge and might be all that could be understood from this simple glance. The Thief had to be careful not to lose control over this situation, with the little bits she actually had access to...
The purple Twi'lek looked at the CORSEC officer and the mysterious figure, before fixing her attention on her Twi'leki companion. Asmuch as she had already talked to the other ladies, Matsu and El, she still wouldn't call them acquaintances, because no one could be trusted on a planet filled with corruption and the results of this system.

''Seeing your concern about the citizens of this kriffing city, seems to be irrelevant. Look around you, the streets are everything but great, it's overcrowded filled with insects and rodents. I don't care about your little attempt to get me shelter for the night. It's not as if that's going to help me long-term.''
El narrowed her eyes at the Twilek. It wasn't illegal to criticize someone's neighborhood but it sure was rude. "Look we care for our neighborhood all we can with what we have and try to provide anyone who needs help for whoever needs any but it seems like you don't... Goodbye, enjoy the rest of your night." With that, she turned on her heel and started to walk away, angry and frustrated as she wondered what had gotten into the Twileks tight pants that made her think like that. She sure didn't want to find out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom