Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Lost Horizons: A Homecoming of Dreams and Disarray

Lira Virel

L
Lira Virel piloted her sleek starship, the Luminary, through the atmosphere of Naboo, her mind occupied by thoughts of her recent adventure in the distant reaches of the galaxy. As she descended toward the planet's surface, the familiar sights of her homeworld came into view—the lush greenery, the picturesque architecture of Theed, and the sparkling waters of the surrounding lakes. As the Luminary gently touched down in the bustling hangar of Theed Palace, Lira's droids, R4 and C7, chirped and beeped, their metallic forms gleaming in the soft glow of the hangar lights. Lira, dressed in her practical engineer's overalls, descended the ramp of her ship with a determined stride, her mind still preoccupied with memories of her recent exploits.

However, as her boots touched the durasteel floor of the hangar, Lira's attention was abruptly diverted from her thoughts. The once pristine and organized space she had known from her childhood was in disarray. The hangar, once a hub of technological marvels, was now cluttered with half-repaired starships, scattered parts, and a handful of workers scrambling to tend to the ancient equipment. The sight of the chaos struck a chord of unease within Lira, contrasting sharply with the elegance and order she remembered. R4 whistled with a mix of concern and confusion, prompting Lira to reply with a comforting pat on its dome. "I know, R4. Something seems off." she muttered, her gaze sweeping over the scene. C7, in its usual unassuming manner, rolled closer to Lira's side, its presence a silent source of support.

As Lira took a step forward, the sound of approaching footsteps reached her ears. She turned her attention toward the sound, her eyes meeting those of a royal guard who stood at attention. The guard's crisp uniform, adorned with the emblem of Naboo, hinted at a dedication to duty and tradition. Beside the guard stood a middle-aged man, his silver hair neatly combed, and an air of authority about him. The man, whose name Lira didn't know yet, stepped forward, a warm smile touching his lips. "Ah, Miss Virel, welcome home," he greeted her with a slight bow. "I am Advisor Joran. The Queen has been eagerly awaiting your return. She wishes to see you immediately."

Lira's eyebrows furrowed in curiosity, her mind racing with questions about the state of the hangar and the urgency of the Queen's request. However, she knew better than to keep the Queen waiting, and she trusted that the answers would come in due time.

"Thank you, Advisor Joran," Lira replied, her voice tinged with a mix of anticipation and concern. "Lead the way. And please, inform me of what has transpired here."

Advisor Joran nodded, and together with the royal guard, they began to make their way through the cluttered hangar. As they walked, Lira's gaze flicked from one damaged ship to another, a mixture of sadness and determination swirling within her. She couldn't help but wonder how a place that had once been a pinnacle of engineering excellence had fallen into such disrepair. Amidst the scattered parts and the workers laboring to salvage what they could, Lira caught fragments of conversations—a mention of outdated equipment, limited resources, and a struggle to keep up with the technological advancements of the galaxy. These words only fueled her determination to make a difference, to restore the glory of Theed's engineering corps.

Silently, R4 and C7 rolled alongside Lira, their presence a comforting reminder of her capabilities and the support she had. R4 emitted a series of soft beeps, as if echoing her thoughts, while C7's domed head swiveled, observing the surroundings with its astute sensors. As they reached the exit of the hangar, Lira glanced back at the disheveled space, a fire igniting within her. The challenges ahead seemed daunting, but she knew that with her skills, determination, and the backing of the Queen, she could breathe life back into the Theed Palace Engineering Corps. With a resolute smile, Lira turned her attention back to Advisor Joran, ready to embark on the next chapter of her journey—a meeting with the Queen that would shape the course of her future and the destiny of Naboo itself.

Kalantha Kalantha

Last edited by a moderator:

7q4tVyN1k2wykrXFbG56IrvtdyDMUrtrFH5cvN4yyYSpAfV0BTG0oev_CPdl8sTFa7KdI18RiB3yClInMBfB4cKiiXx-3ViZ0YN9klFkKWG82n5HNkdIsUpC7adn2nsN2J82HTSQ

"Hope is like the sun. If you only believe it when you see it, you'll never make it through the night."
- Leia Organa

fdsaf.png.png
Only time would tell if Naboo's plight would be recognized in full by the Galactic Senate. Inara had done her part, going before the assembly and requesting Alliance protection in exchange for her people's support in the Caldera Crisis. But if history teaches anything, it's that the people of Naboo must always remain vigilant, whether boons came their way or not.

Beneath the veneer of royal makeup and the air of decorum, the young Queen's face lit up at the sight of Lira Virel as she entered the throne room. A great deal was riding on the outcome of this impromptu meeting. She could only hope it would go well, not only for her, but for the people as a whole.
"I'm very pleased that you were able to return to Theed," Inara said genuinely, the heavy Nabooian accent a bit thinner as she expressed her gratitude.

"And I apologize for such unusual urgency. I wish I were recalling you under better circumstances, but I fear that is not the case."

"Naboo is on the precipice of a wonderful new era, but as I'm sure you know... our galaxy now faces yet another war with the Sith. And our people are uncomfortably close to their dominion. Only the Trade League stands between us."

She let out a soft sigh as she considered the situation. Naboo was situated between the Alliance and Trade League, but neither were obliged to help them if a full-scale war broke out with the Sith. It was an unprecedented idea no doubt, but her people would suffer if nothing was done to bolster Naboo's defenses. The Queen looked to Lira with pleading eyes.

"The Engineering Corps could benefit greatly from your expertise, Lady Virel. Our current defensive assets are lacking, utilizing outdated technology inferior to what the Sith would bring should they breach our system."

A heavy swallow, then she continued.

"I'd be in your debt if you would oversee the development of a new line of starships."
Untitled-design-6.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom