Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Lost and Found

Elise had been racked with guilt after she had felt the pain through force at Nimdocks death. She should have been there, fighting along side her husband. But, Jacen needed his mother, she couldn’t leave him alone while rushing out to what could have easily been her own demise.

While still a powerful force user the days of peace over the centuries and the fateful meeting with Nimdock had made Elise’s combat skills rusty. The ancient sith gripping the ends of the kitchen table firmly before letting out a sigh, slowly letting herself calm down.

While the pain and guilt still lingered ultimately Nimdock has found peace, his final message conveying the notion of letting go, Elise having turned her attention to their son, eager to give him a life neither of his parents had. But one thing that didn’t seem to lessens was that if her step daughter was okay, Elise grasping the comlink she used to communicate with her stepdaughter, sending out a simple message. “Miri, where are you now”?

Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok

Last edited:
Professor Errik Nimdok had been on Tython when the Brotherhood of the Maw arrived. While the Mawites tried to annihilate the planet, he found himself locked in a strange duel with a mysterious individual in an ancient tomb. His opponent had killed him in a cowardly, underhanded way—bringing a stone pillar crashing down upon him with a single blaster shot. Nimdok had been crushed to death, and his killer had gotten away.

This was what Miri had deduced from investigating the site of her father’s death. But the identity of the person or people who had killed Nimdok remained unknown. Miri refused to rest until she solved the mystery…

While the Jedi, relief workers, and even other refugees offered sympathy for her loss, she didn’t dare speak of her desire for revenge. Admittedly part of her just wanted to go home. But where was home without Dad?...

“Miri, where are you now?"

The call from Elise came via commlink. Miri was on good terms with her stepmother, although they weren’t particularly close.

I’m in the middle of a case,” she replied. It wasn’t a lie, but it wasn’t the full truth either. She was still on Tython, still scouring for clues. “Why do you ask?

It was a relief to hear her well and good, while the two didn’t really have a traditional mother daughter relation she did care for her. A small smile creeping up Elise’s face from those two facts. “I’m assuming it is about your father”. It was a wild stab in the dark but considering how much Miri loved her dad when she was longer it was hard to imagine she was doing anything else at the moment.

“I suppose, I am calling to see how you are… it must have taken a great toll on you”. Elise didn’t know how touchy the subject was, trying to be a little courteous about it, though this wasn’t something the vampire really knew how to do all that well. “Also, I wanted to ask if you were intending to visit sometime soon, I know we are not blood related, but you are still my daughter, and your bother, he has gotten quite big, I’m sure he’d be happy to see you after all this time”.

The small boy being around the same age that Miri was when her father and Elise had met.

Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok

Right on the money.” It wasn’t that hard to figure out, she supposed. Elise was a pretty smart woman. “Dad left behind a lot of unfinished business.

Uh, sure. I could stop by tomorrow, if that’s okay with you.” It would be nice to see Jacen, at least. She hadn’t been around her little brother since the funeral.

Oh, before I forget—when I was going through Dad’s stuff, I found this old holocron he bought years ago at an antique store on Naboo, but for some reason never opened… I figured you might want to take a look at it.

"I'm sure he did, your father ways always a curious person". The whole reason they had gotten together was due to shared interest in old artifacts.

"I think it would be suitable, I don't tend to move around as much these days due to Jacen, so we will be here when ever you are ready". That being said she'd probably have to go shopping to stock up on a few things, her thoughts about what to buy being put one hold as she got more word from Miri.

"A holocron, interesting, it would certainly be something I wouldn't mind having a look at when you visit". Perhaps it would have some clues, or at the very least be another artifact to look into.

All right. Tomorrow it is. I’ll see you soon.

THE NEXT DAY

Miri arrived at Elise’s home on Saleucami just before midday. As she strolled up to the front door, she paused, feeling a nudge from the Force.

Someone was hiding nearby. Miri turned her head slowly, looking around the yard, until her gaze was drawn toward a tree. She walked toward it, and sure enough—

A dinosaur-like creature leaped out from behind the tree, roaring at her. Miri was mildly startled at first, but then began to laugh as she realized who it was. “You little dork. C’mere.

The “dinosaur” hugged her around her waist and began to shrink in size, melting back into the shape of a little boy. Jacen grinned up at her. He had inherited his father’s shapeshifting abilities, and was already quite proficient at mimicking various creatures.

“I got you!” he exclaimed, laughing.

“You got me,” she reluctantly admitted. “How long have you been out here waiting for me to get here?”

Jacen considered her question for a few moments, stroking his chin in a way that reminded her too much of their father. “Many hours,” he said confidently.

No way. It’s too hot out here for that. Didn’t you get hungry waiting for so long?

“No, because I brought snacks.” Reaching into his pocket, he proudly showed her his brightly-colored snack foods.

Can I have some?” she asked.

Jacen shook his head, clutching his food to his chest protectively. “It’s mine, not yours. Go get your own.”

Miri snorted, then said, “Okay. Where are the snacks?

Taking her hand, Jacen tugged her toward the porch, opened the front door and pulled her inside. “Mommy! Miri’s here! And she wants snacks! Don’t let her eat any of mine!”

Elise had spent the morning preparing the guest room for Miri, brushing away some of the dust and odd cobwebs that had littered the room with it's disuse. Something she had been able to do easily enough with Jacen wanting to wait outside for his older sister, Elise giving the young boy some snacks to pass the time. Said time passing quickly as the now single mother finished up her sweeping, putting the boom away as she heard voices echoing from outside. "Just in time, I wonder if Miri is hungry".

That question being 'answered' by the door pushing open by her son, the young boy dragging his older sibling into the old manor styled house. Elise looking down at the pair from the second floor before slowly descending the stairs, her appearance having barley changed since Miri's youth. "What a considerate brother you are Jacen, I suppose I will have to add to the kitchen to get some".

Elise joked somewhat, ruffling the boys hair slightly as she got within reach. "
But before that, I don't suppose I could get a hug"? Her tone somewhat unsure, this is what normal people did with family they hadn't seen for a while right? Then again their family was anything but normal. Still, Elise gave the option, hands stretched out a bit, offering said embrace should Miri take it.

Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok

Miri accepted the hug from Elise. The vampiress hadn’t aged a day—which was no surprise, given her species. Before Miri knew it, she’d be an old woman while Elise remained young and beautiful.

Hi, Elise,” Miri greeted. “How have you been?

Jacen fixed his ruffled hair, then turned the embrace into a group hug by wrapping his arms around both his mother’s and sister’s waists.

Almost eternal youth in the past was something she loved, but over time it had proven to be problematic. Those that she had met and became friends with aged and passed away, leaving her behind. As time progressed trying to stay out of the lime light, wars and politics became harder due to her knowledge of the pass and skills.

The more she thought about it the more it made sense why her kind were secretive from the rest of the galaxy. Not out of fear for what people would think of them but due to the fact their kind just didn't fit in with the other races that simply didn't live as long as them.

She let off a small sigh, embracing the hug for a few more moments, putting such thoughts away. Today was suppose to be a day of family reunion, no point in stressing about that now. "I have been okay, the plants been rather peaceful last few years, though Jacen has been somewhat of a handful but It's nothing I can't handle, what about yourself"?

Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok

I’m sure Jacen can be more fearsome than the Sith and the Bryn’adul combined,” Miri remarked, looking down at her brother with a smirk.

“Hey!” Jacen whined, poking his sister in the arm.

Elise asked Miri how she was doing, and Miri shrugged. “Fine. Things have been… rough lately. I’m still not used to Dad not being around…

"He is quite a fearsome young man, those shape-shifting abilities are certainly nothing to scoff at". She could imagine him turning into rancor and throwing enemies around with ease, though in all honesty, Elise wanted to give the young boy a proper upbringing and childhood, keep him away from all the war until absolutely necessary.

"It's understandable that you miss him, from what I know the two of you relied on each other a lot, I still remember the day he showed up with you in tow, a very caring father". "Though do remember Miri, you have another family now, I know neither me nor my other children could ever hope to replace your father, but they are there to help should you need it".

Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok

I know,” Miri said softly. While other friends and relatives had offered their support, she had been so laser-focused on finding her father’s killer, she hadn’t bothered to take them up on their offers.

But now, Miri just felt… exhausted. She knew she needed a rest, but it was hard to accept that fact.

I may stick around for a few days, if you don’t mind. Just to clear my head a little.

"Stay as long as you like, this is your home after all". Well as far as one could say, from what Elise knew Nimdok didn't have a proper home that the two of them used before coming to her manor. "Your old room is ready, oh, also shall I get you those snacks Jacen talked about"? She teased a little, moving to head over to the kitchen once more.

Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok

Sure,” Miri replied. At the mention of her old room, she glanced up the stairs.

This house was full of memories, though it felt empty without the presence of her father. He was as tied to the place as Elise and Jacen were in Miri’s mind.

Jacen’s hand clasping hers drew her out of her reverie. “Don’t be sad,” the boy said. “I miss Daddy too.”

Miri wrapped her arm around him, holding him close.

Elise returned a minute later with a tray of snacks, similar to the ones Jacen was eating, being gifted to the cute site of them hugging. "Aww, such a good big sister, perhaps when you are a bit freer I should send him to visit you". She somewhat joked, though let the two siblings have their moment, losing a parent was hard, and both needed time to process it.

"On a side note, I'll be in my study looking at the artifact you brought".

Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok

“I wanna visit Coruscant!” Jacen exclaimed excitedly.

Miri smiled at him. “Maybe someday.”

“Oh, I almost forgot.
” She produced a small box and handed it to Elise, exchanging it for the tray of snacks. “The Sith holocron’s in there. The box is lined with nullification resin, just in case.”

"Hmmm Coruscant, can't say it's my taste, too much metal". Elise commented at her son's words, though considering the boy had spent most of his life on a rural planet it's not much of a surprise.

She herself exchanged the snacks for the box in question, giving a small nod to Miri as she explained what it was. "I can put it in the content I used to store my old lightsaber in, it has similar force nullification materials around it". If she wanted to have a look at it best when the children were away.

Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom