Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Losing

The day after the wedding

There was no jedi meditation, no breathing technique that could stop the trembling. Makko had never woken up like this. Sat upright in bed, in a pool of his own sweat, his mind refused to release him from the pain.

Makko tried to tense up so much that it stopped his arms shaking, but that too started to hurt.

He had never known physical pain like this just from his feelings. Even the engagement party - when he had been left in the Utakis rain - was nothing compared to what he felt now. The wedding day and night were over and Cora was no longer his. Claimed by an arrogant Prince who saw her as little more than a trinket.

Eventually, he forced himself to his feet. This was a decision he had made - they had made. Makko could have walked away over a month ago and tried to put her from his mind. He hadn't.

Makko took a shower, dressed himself and headed out for his morning classes.

Several weeks later

Makko had been on the cusp of knighthood. Still not the most capable with telekinesis, but he had slowly discovered his connection with the Force and it's nature.

For weeks he had been going backwards. He suspected more than a few people knew the source of the disconnect between his attention and his training regime.

There was just one person who he was certain understood the situation. After everything she had been through, he had not be quick to try and drop something else on Master Noble's doorstep, but here he was.

Makko knocked.

Valery Noble Valery Noble

vq5z2248-1920.jpg

Noble Apartment
div-orange.png
Outfit: Casual | Wedding Ring
Tag: Makko Vyres Makko Vyres

It was a quiet day at the Noble house. Kahlil was out and about with his Padawans, Vera was following classes at the Temple and the triplets were sleeping. For now. To keep one of them asleep, Valery had Aurra cradled in her arms while she sat on the couch and spent some time relaxing. Reading, occasionally listening to the holo, but also just doing absolutely nothing about half the time. It wasn't something she could enjoy doing very often, so she took these opportunities to make the most out of it.

At least, until she heard a little squeal from Aurra, and realized her plushie had fallen on the ground. "Oh no, did your little tauntaun fall?" Valery chuckled and kissed Aurra's forehead before she grabbed the toy and waggled it in front of her daughter's little grabby hands. She was instantly happy, and laid back down against her mother's chest.

Valery just smiled and turned her gaze back to the holo. She was watching some kind of cooking show, but had missed way too much to actually use the recipe they were showing. It didn't matter though, she was relaxed and-

Knock, knock, knock.

Valery blinked and looked up, her senses only now adjusted to a familiar presence on the other side of the door. Makko? Valery had an idea what it was going to be about, so with Aurra in her arms, she quickly made her way over to the door, straightened out her shirt and opened it up to greet him with a polite smile.

"Hey Makko. How are-" she stopped herself and looked him in the eyes. She could tell he was hurt, and that there was something much better she could ask him instead. "Do you want to come in? I've made some tea," Valery said before stepping aside with her free arm gesturing for the living room.

Makko stood on the threshold. Lips pursed, jaw pushed to one side, he stared at the floor. He should have nodded and stepped inside.

"I need to go somewhere else," he blurted out. "Somewhere not here. But if I go back to Denon I don't think..."

He stopped himself and took a deep breath. Cora had been on Utakis for weeks now. Claimed by the genuinely horrible prince von Cholmondeley.

Makko didn't like these hallways any more. If he left for Denon, he knew he would fall from the path and likely never return.

vq5z2248-1920.jpg

Noble Apartment
div-orange.png

Valery watched him closely and suppressed a frown, to offer him an inviting and comforting smile instead. She pushed open the door a little further, and then stepped closer to bring an arm around him, her hand settling against his back to gently nudge him inside unless he actively resisted. "Well, let's first step inside and just sit down, so we can talk, alright?" she asked, her tone gentle and caring.

She didn't like seeing him this troubled. Especially not after she had seen how he and Cora were together when they came over for lunch. There was a connection that just didn't exist between Cora and Horace, and never would exist.

"Do you want anything to drink or eat?"

Valery closed the door, and stepped around him to lead the way inside with Aurra still in her arms. But having never seen him before, Aurra took great interest in the young man, and extended her grabby hands to him. Valery just smiled at her little girl, and brought her over to the couch.

"Make yourself comfortable."

"Well, let's first step inside and just sit down, so we can talk, alright?" she asked, her tone gentle and caring.

"Erm, yeah."

Makko stepped through the doorway under her guidance. Everything felt difficult. Even taking a few steps forward with Valery's guidance.

"Do you want anything to drink or eat?"

"Erm. No. Ta."

Makko sat down and watched as Valery juggled children. He waved at an infant and sat in somber silence.

A few moments ago he had been on the edge of blurting everything out.

"This place don't feel...good," he tried to start explaining.

vq5z2248-1920.jpg

Noble Apartment
div-orange.png

While Aurra squealed at the wave from Makko, Valery was far too intensely focused on him to notice her little girl's happiness. She placed the infant down in her lap, and looked at the young man with a worried expression. There was a lot of chaotic turmoil within him, and she could tell that he struggled to put it to words.

She couldn't blame him for it at all.

"You can speak your mind, Makko. Don't worry about how it'll sound," Valery tried to assure him, hoping that he'd just let go of whatever he was struggling with internally.

Sometimes, when things were really tough, you just have to let it all out.

"I know how much these things hurt."

Valery Noble Valery Noble

It was a good thing that she wouldn't judge him for how this would sound. Makko had never been the most eloquent at the best of times.

These were not the best of times.

He managed a small, forced grin at the young girl.

"I got...like...used to this place," he said slowly.

He dropped his gaze to the floor. It stayed there.

"But now...not so many people I know and...and she's gone. I lost her."

vq5z2248-1920.jpg

Noble Apartment
div-orange.png

His words felt like a dagger going through her own heart. She knew the pain of losing loved ones all too well, so she had no trouble understanding what was going through him. It also meant that she knew very few words could remotely help him heal this wound, so instead she moved. Gently, Valery placed the little one down on the couch, before she shifted over to place a hand on his shoulder.

She wasn't sure how much physical contact he was familiar with, but she wouldn't shy away from a hug if he needed one.

"I know," she said softly, while she resisted the urge to tell him everything would be alright. That she'd come back — it was a promise she couldn't make, as it'd either feel like a lie, or only hurt him even more in the end. "I know that losing someone you love feels like hitting a wall with no way around it," Valery then added with pain in her voice.

"But you're not alone, Makko. If you need a place to stay where you're not alone, you are more than welcome to use the guest room. We'll try to help you through all of this, and I'm sure others will as well." She tried to smile, but she couldn't help but feel extremely powerless. The pain of loss was just unbearable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom