Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lore Submission Tag System

I've noticed there's not really a method of filtering through the Lore section of the Codex after they've been approved, although it is early in its use I wanted to bring this up for this purpose. The factory has a system for placing little tag bars beside approved technology that can be clicked to filter through each section of the factory for items which belong to that tag, and while that system isn't entirely perfect it is certainly helpful. The species codex also has something similar to filter between sentient, non-sentient, and so on. I'd like to propose something similar for the Lore section of the codex to be used as a proxy for making a ton of templates that would still require some way to filter through the submissions to begin with.

The ideas I have thought up for these tags are as follows:

• Planetary (Involving primarily or entirely one planet)
  • System (Involving an entire system, but not necessarily the galaxy at large - though that is not to say that these events may not be touched upon in the previously mentioned submission categories.)
  • Galactic (A galactic event which involves much of if not the entire galaxy at large - though that is not to say that these events may not be touched upon in the previously mentioned submission categories.)
  • Faction (Anything which is primarily between factions and not necessarily planets, systems, and may not constitute as important enough to be considered for the Galactic tag - though that is not to say that these events may not be touched upon in the previously mentioned submission categories.)
  • Species (Something which involves the culture, history, etc, of approved species and may not be restricted to planets or systems - though that is not to say that these events may not be touched upon in the previously mentioned submission categories.)
  • Archival (Something which has to do with a historical figure or object that may be present in important moments and is centered around one person, object, or a group of people that may not represent a faction or planet or species.)
Clearly each event that is submitted as a submission might be touched upon in the category that covers a smaller or larger scope of events. Again this isn't a perfect solution, just an idea to help for sorting out submissions in the instance that someone may need to go back and look for it, disregarding the site search bar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom