Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Lord Mettallum's Second Body

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmyUAwB.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To provide Lord Mettallum with a new robotic body.
  • Image Source: [X], edit by Lord Mettallum himself
  • Canon Links: Full-spectrum transceiver, electrical capacitance shield, Mandalorian Vambrace-esque gadgets, phrik, duranium (Linked Below)
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: MagnaGuard
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL INFORMATION
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Lightsaber resistant
  • Force resistant
  • Blaster resistant
  • Electricity resistant
  • Fourth degree droid capabilities
  • Variety of sensors
  • Advanced servomotors
DETAILED SPECIAL FEATURES
A prototype model, Lord Mettallum's new body has been made with certain preferences in mind. Most of the model has been plated with lightweight phrik armor, providing resistant to lightsabers and blaster alike. A built in electrical capacitance shielding device allows the droid body to negate the effects electrical-based weaponry. Provided with both new and old programming, the droid model is able to engage and perform a wide variety of tasks. Equipped with a full-spectrum transceiver, the droid is able to operate with great awareness of its immediate surroundings. To live up to the old IG-Series, the droid model has been equipped with some of the most advanced servomotors, allowing it to move at incredible speeds when engaged in combat. The high powered magnets within the droids hands, much like Mettallum's original body, allow metallic objects in the droid's immediate vicinity to be pulled to it.

Strengths:
  • MagnaGuard 2.0: Made to combat force-users, the droid body is incredibly advanced, able to perform very much like the MagnaGuards of old. It is able to adapt to a variety of tasks, including but not limited to: ranged combat, melee combat, and starfighter piloting. It is even able to keep functioning after decapitation and bisection, a true warrior until the end. Built with lightweight metals, the model is capable of moving with incredible speed in battle, it's advanced servomotors letting it react to even some of the fastest attacks.

• Defenses: With a duranium frame and phrik plating, the droid possesses considerable defenses despite how light the armor is. Able to tank the average blaster bolt, the droid model will not be stopped by anything less than, also capable of resisting lightsaber blows to a varying degree. With the built in electrical capacitance shield, electricity-based weaponry can be fended off. Last but not least, is the carefully weaved Terentatek leather hide cloak that is draped over the droid. Covering a large portion of its body, it provides the model with a limited resistance to direct applications of the force, such as telekinesis, mechu deru and other similar abilities. This prevents the droid from being automatically manhandled by force-users.
Weaknesses :
  • Aura: The cloak that is made out of Terentatek hide gives off a slight dark side aura. Otherwise unnoticeable by those limited in force training, experienced Jedi, Sith, and anything in between would be able to sense the dark presence. While his height already takes away the element of surprise in most cases, this detectable aura would make stealth even more difficult to perform.

• ECS: While the electrical capacitance shield is capable of absorbing and dispersing a fair amount of electricity, it is not able to handle large amounts of energy over an extended period of time. The shield will overheat and deactivate, leaving the droid body vulnerable to electric-based weaponry.

• Bulk: The droid body is large, and so it cannot operate to it's full potential in certain surroundings. While in small rooms, narrow corridors, and even starships, the model will perform with a disadvantage when compared to others.
DESCRIPTION

Holowan Laboratories had been planning the release of an updated MagnaGuard for some time, needing time to make the necessary adjustments to the models design. In what may be considered a act of generosity, the only completed prototype model has been handed over to the illustrious Lord Mettallum after he visited the company headquarters on Halowan. Eager to prove that they had risen above the Holowan Massacre, the company was more than willing to hand over the model, believing they would be able to prevent any attempted massacres that might have ensued.

The design is fairly unique, appearing to be a cross between a commando droid and the MagnaGuards of old. It's frame is made of duranium, allowing it to remain relatively lightweight while still offering decent protection. The same principle was kept in mind when its phrik plating was applied, providing the model with resistant to glancing lightsaber strikes and blaster weaponry. Equipped with many gadgets and weapons, the model is geared towards combating force-users, several of its abilities meant to mimic those of the Jedi and Sith. It is also designed to be capable of moving at great speeds in combat, in order to match force-users and their mystical enhancements. Even out of combat, the droid model is able to perform acrobatic feats, its height unfortunately limiting its full potential. Lord Mettallum aided Holowan Laboratories in the finishing touches of the model, personally hunting down the Terentatek needed in order to acquire its leather. Fashioned into a cape, the hide of the beast provides resistance to direct applications of the force.

Once all was said and done, Mettallum was sent on his way with the new droid model. If hooked into a mainframe or interfaced with directly, Mettallum is capable of transferring his droid awareness between the bodies, though some data is restricted to the prototype's memory core(MagnaGuard advanced programming and recorded force-user battles for reference in combat are restricted to this body only).

[member="Ballen-Ist"] - “Hello there” - Sorry, I couldn’t resist.

So, before I give this the green light, there are a few clarifications I wanted to go over and ask you about regarding this submission - as well as some concerns I’ve got regarding your Submissions specifics. I will offer alternatives where I see them, suggestions as well, and will do my best to see that your submission meets your desired expectations, as well as mine.

Apologies in advance for the long-winded reply.​

As you’ve made mention of several SW Canon articles, would you kindly edit the Canon Link(s): section to point out the various items listed below. You don’t have to relink them a second time, but referencing them with a simple Linked Below would suffice.

I’ve noticed that your Modularity section makes a note of the submission being able to be modified in an unspecified manner, would you be able to edit that portion to reflect what would be altered?

For your Armaments, are they mounted in the forearm section of the Droid, or are they something that can be removed, as an exterior attachment? The reason why I’m asking is that this part is slightly unclear and partially conflicting with the prior statement of being built in, due to the two weapons you’ve linked right after the Mandalorian Vambraces. Any weapons that aren’t integrated into the droid don’t need to be added to the submission itself as they’re technically considered as Equipable Items - rather than being a part of the Droid itself.

With the Misc Equipment section, I noticed that you have Magnetic Hand Implants to imitate Telekinesis. I’m sorry to say that I don’t think it’d work in the way you want it too, as the Basic Magnetic Hand would only directly affect metallic objects in the immediate vicinity of this character’s armature(s). To achieve the results you’re looking for, the most suitable alternative I can think of off the top of my head might be having Tractor / Pressor Beams built into the Droid’s palms. (Although, if that’s what you’d like to do, please list that in the Strength(s) section.)

Having listed the Electrical Capacitance Shield as a built-in piece of hardware, would you kindly add that to your Strength(s) section as well? I feel as this could be abused during Open RP, as it mentions in your submission that this shield negates the disabling effects of Ion and EMP weapons. Having read the article, it indicates that the shield absorbs and stores the electrical energy, before harmlessly and slowly dissipating it into the surrounding environment.

As it says nothing of being able to negate the overloading effects of Ion and EMP weaponry, I’d like to see the wording changed to reflect the capabilities of this shield. The way I see it working is that the built-in capacitors to your shields would eventually be overloaded at a particular threshold - which in turn would negate the intended protective qualities it was designed to protect from. Though this will be touched on later on, perhaps this could be an unexpected weakness in the design to help balance out the submission? (Especially since it’s the only listed method you’ve written regarding the Droid’s ability to combat the dire threat of its circuits being fried.)

Personally, I’m not too sure a Droid that’s over three meters tall and weighs much lighter than its Canon counterpart that’s just over a meter shorter and considerably heavier, would find itself to be extremely agile. With most Corridors and Doorways being designed for marginally smaller beings, this Droid would find itself having some difficulty in traversing various environments - simply because it wouldn’t be able to fit through them at full height.

If you wish to retain the Size of this enormous droid, then there are going to be some issues regarding its construction, as realistically speaking - something that light (when compared to the Canon Counterpart) would find a serious flaw regarding the thinly forged/pressed plates and hollow frame. So, as it stands, while this Droid would be able to combat character’s trained in the Force to some degree, it would find itself severely outmatched by anyone with some form of kinetic-based weaponry.

Perhaps this too, could be a weakness if you wanted to keep the Size to Weight ratio the same?

Following up on the previous point, with its size being roughly four feet taller than the average Human being, I’m uneasy about agreeing with your claims about being able to match, and subsequently, combat a Character trained in the Force - without some drawback(s) to make things somewhat balanced.

While I realize you’ve mentioned Lanky as a weakness already, I feel as if there’s something else that could be added to make things jive, especially since the Droid’s listed as being resistant to Lightsabers, Blasters, and various Direct applications for the Force.

So, I understand I’ve hit you with a lot of tweaks and suggestions, feel free to take your time. If you have any comments, questions, or concerns about what I’ve written, please don’t be afraid to ask. I’ll do my best to answer any issues you might have.

@mention me when you’re finished. :)

Though I had to forego some desired specifications of Lord Mettallum himself, I believe I've made the appropriate adjustments. Cleared up the capacitance shield function in strengths and special features, specified the magnets function a lot better, and just about everything else. I think.

[member="Otto Shule"]

EDIT: At the request of Lord Mettallum, I've kept the height and adjusted the weight, weaknesses, along with everything above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom