Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking to the Fleet

Heavy footfalls thundered down the hall, echoing through the halls of the old Senate Building. While there hadn't been a session of the Senate in recent memory, it was still the main focal point of multiple Governmental Offices and functions that ensured the Commenor Systems Alliance continued to function. A heavy sigh escaped her lips as she stopped just outside the office, taking a moment to compose herself. Not that long ago she had been meeting with the High King, talking about a possible contract in terms of providing defenses to Commenor... then the news came of his abdicating.

Bringing her hand up, she lightly rapped upon the door before pushing it open, her golden hues falling upon the Queen of Commenor, a small nod of her head in place of a formal greeting. Closing the doors behind her, she motioned for the two guards with her to remain there as she closed the distance between herself and the Queen. As she stood there, she gave the woman a quick once over, though attempted to do such in a manner that was rather subtle and not her checking the woman out.

"Your Highness. It's been some time."

Amelia spoke as she stepped forward again, setting the folder down. Carefully pushing it forward, she motioning to it before fanning it out with a couple others. They were matters that had to be dealt with, and she didn't want anything lost whilst going up the chain.

"We must speak Ma'am, about Commenor... and your Husband."

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay hadn't slept a lot these nights. She'd be lucky to have a few hours. Worry had taken over her mind, and stress. Her once perfect harmony of life had now crumbled at her feet. The ground upon that which she stood had felt as though it was cracking too. Would she fall too? Would her government? She hoped not.

[member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"] soon stepped into her office. Kay kept her tea cradled in her hands as she remained standing at her desk. "It has been some time, yes. We've all been...preoccupied." Her eyes were drawn to the folders on the table, curious of course as to what was within them. Yet the feeling that seemed to envelop the both of them was that it wasn't good news at all.

And then there it was. Amelia mentioned Veiere. Kay looked up to her and nodded a little. "What do you know?" She wasn't sure what rumours were being spread or in how much detail. Yet she needed to know.

"I know less than some, and more than others."

Amelia spoke bluntly, shifting her attention from the folders upon the desk to the Queen of Commenor. Taking a moment to collect her thoughts, she closed her eyes, bringing her hands together. She could understand, she could respect the position that Kay was in now - owing to her own experiences in the Ishanna System. Those golden hues slipped open once more as her lips parted, the words slipping through.

"We spoke before his Abdication, some time before he left Commenor. He had come to one of my facilities seeking defenses for the Commenor Systems Alliance."

Taking a step forward, she closed the gap between herself and Kay, attempting to show some form of compassion or otherwise support for the woman in the difficult time she surely must be going through. A hand reached up for a moment before coming back down and clasping together in front of her. Looking down, she let out a soft sigh before looking back upon the Queen again.

"I am here though for a more important matter... I am here to see to the defenses of Commenor and the Systems Alliance; though to do just that there is one last thing I must request of you."

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay raised a brow slightly. [member="Veiere Arenais"] had come to [member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"] for more defences for their people? That wasn't out of the ordinary. The two had spoken about it before, given the growing tensions in the Galaxy around them.

Her head tilted to the side a little as Amelia seemed a bit hesitant. What was it that she wanted to say? What was it that she had wanted? Kay nodded her head a little, giving her the go-ahead to say what was on her mind. "Go on..." Normally Kay was quite talkative. But right now her mind was quite preoccupied.

What she was about to request would make her one of the more powerful individuals within the Commenor Government - and the only to hold three positions at one time - though it was what was needed to ensure the defense of the CSA. Taking a moment to collect her thoughts, she took a deep breath, she understood that the Queen's mind was taxed heavily with other problems. Nor did she hold it against the usually talkative woman whom was now rather quiet.

"The request I must make is not one that I make lightly, for it is needed to ensure the defense of Commenor and the Systems Alliance. I must request that you place me within the position to oversee the Fleet of the CSA."

Amelia could not - or rather she didn't feel it appropriate - to beat around the bush when it came to this request. While some would see this as a power grab on her part, she felt it more a consolidation of power. If she were able to bring together the three positions under one individual, it would serve to better coordinate their individual capabilities rather than place them into some form of rivalry between them. Now all she could do was wait and when it came to it, defend her request on the merits that she felt would stand against scrutiny.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay raised a brow. [member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"] wanted to look after all of the fleets as well? Wasn't she taking on too much? Sure she's of a species that lives...well forever, but that doesn't mean that she'd have time for all of those responsibilities.

Maybe there was something that she could do about that to help.

"That's quite the request. And it's one that I would grant, but on one condition. My old Head of Security, [member="Macoda Haberon"] has returned after a personal leave of absence. You were his replacement. I'd like to reinstate him into that position." Whereas Amelia tended to focus on the Senate Hall, Mac always focused on Kay and the Palace security. Mac was her personal bodyguard and he was very good at his job leading the security teams.

A soft sigh escaped her lips as she listened, her eyes closing as she bowed her head and found the words that she needed. As her golden hues opened once more upon Kay, she offered a soft smile, a hint of her fangs revealed as she stepped one step closer, bringing them standing shoulder to shoulder. She looked out over the city, a soft hiss escaping as she brought a hand up to shade her eyes for a moment before they seemed to adjust to the nearly blinding glare off the various buildings.

"I have a compromise if you will."

She leaned forward slightly, her hand coming to rest upon the window before them. Bringing her hand down, she sighed again before looking at Kay, though it was her reflection upon the window. Bringing her hands behind her back and clasping them together, she kept looking forward.

"There is a reason why I have been attempting to bring these three positions under my power. Consolidation under one office, that was my ultimate goal. We can ill afford the Army, Fleet, and Security Forces from developing rivalries against one another that would otherwise compromise a situation. I have been attempting to lay the ground work to establish the Office of the Minister of Defense."

Taking a breath, she then turned to look at Kay, her back to the window as her golden hues locked with the Queen's eyes.

"Establish the Minister of Defense position, and I will gladly ensure that [member="Macoda Haberon"] is positioned as the Head of Security, answerable only to myself and the High Queen. Likewise, the Minister of Defense must only answer to one individual, yourself. It can not be bogged down by having multiple individuals above it; a direct chain of command from the High Queen, to the Office, to the Commanders."

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay raised a brow slightly as [member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"] approached her even further, now taking to standing directly beside her. Why the sudden closeness? She wasn't so sure.

She sipped her tea while she listened to the compromise being offered. So she would reinstate [member="Macoda Haberon"] as the Head of Security, yet hold authority over him? Kay wasn't so sure of how he would handle that. But maybe certain situations would arise where it wouldn't be an issue.

"Mac tends to deal a lot with my personal safety. He might be of the mind to only take orders from me. There are not a lot of people that he trusts." She sipped her tea. "But I understand your position. I just don't want you to take on too much for yourself. I know what it's like to be ran ragged." Yes there was concern for Amelia there. Kay wanted everyone to be of good health and of sound mind. Being overworked hinders that.

"Compartmentalization and Delegation my dear Queen, that is how I ensure I am not run ragged... a few clones also help, though they've their own duties and interests as well."

Amelia let out a soft sigh, still remaining at Kay's side for the moment. Looking out over the city once more, she nodded quietly to herself. Her hands remained clasped behind her back and she continued to speak, her words always chosen carefully. She needed to sell the Queen on this position, on the creation of this new office.

"This is for the best for Commenor your highness. I can do much greater things in its defense with this office than I could holding three separate titles. However, a Head of Security that sees to only your security and not the security of the entirety of Commenor is more of a personal bodyguard than what the title and position require. I needed to ensure the safety of all important places and individuals, not just one your highness."

Bringing her hands back forward, she held them in front of her, closing her eyes as she bowed her head slightly. She was sure there would be those that would decry her position, her attempt at establishing this new office and call it a power grab. It was nothing she was not ready to face.

"There will be those that will likely call this a power grab on my part, and in some matter it is, though it is to ensure that a singular command oversees what is otherwise a chaotic and unorganized military, naval, and security force."

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay raised a brow. [member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"] had clones? So how would she know which one she was talking to at any given time? The only clones that she had ever come across were soldiers. But delegation, she knew of that well enough. It was why Kay wasn't doing everything by herself. She delegated tasks to Ministers and others.

She looked over to Amelia as she explained things in more detail. The woman was older and had seen a lot, been through a lot. Kay was but a child in comparison. There were a few people that had that affect on her.

"Mac...takes the security of the Royal Palace and myself very personally. Allow him to lead the security team there, under your overall command as you suggested, then I will grant you your request." Kay had another sip of her tea and looked out the window once again, hoping that she was making the right choices. Only time would tell.

Amelia took a moment to think, listening carefully and nodding slightly her understanding. If it meant the completion of this new position, it was a compromise that was well worth the deal provided by the Queen. Taking a deep breath, she nodded as she kept her attention out over the city before them, her hand coming up and lightly touching the window, ensuring that she didn't leave any smudges.

"[member="Macoda Haberon"] will be placed as the Head of Security in regards to yourself and the Royal Palace. I will not have any hand in his decisions nor will I challenge them if you believe he has your safety in mind. In return, as you've said, I would retain overall command, though he will have a special autonomous status."

Slowly pulling her hand back, she turned to face Kay, her golden hues upon the Queen. Of course she had her own thoughts about the woman, though they were such that she pushed them from her mind for the moment. Giving a silent nod, she took another moment before speaking again.

"With your permission, I would also like to station a personal guard drawn from the Knights of the Pyre to serve as additional security. You'll be provided with a means to directly contact them, and their unit will be on call at all times if you need them."

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay nodded in regards to [member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"] accepting her compromise. With [member="Macoda Haberon"] justgetting back, she didn't want him to feel as though he was losing out on his position and that he no longer held authority. He was too good of a man to deserve such a thing.

She looked to Amelia as the woman spoke, seeing something in her eyes, yet she couldn't quite make out what that was. Kay listened to her request. The Knights of Pyre were different from her own security forces. There was something about them that had them stand out, and it wasn't just due to the armour that they wore. Still, the request was simple enough. It was always better to have too much security than too little. She didn't want to have anyone worry needlessly.

"You have my permission. And thank you. It's nice to know that we're in good hands." Kay gave her a small smile. She valued having good people around her. It gave her a little less to worry about.

Amelia offered a slight bow of her head, her eyes remaining upon the Queen as the permission was given. With that she had all the important branches under her control, and in short time they would be reformed and reordered as needed. Taking one last look out the window, she turned away for a moment, stopping after a few steps. There was something else she wanted to say, though it was sure to be difficult.

"I will see to the formation of the new office in short order. Likewise..."

She paused for a moment before turning once more, her golden hues locking with the Queen's own eyes. There was more that she wanted to request, and now was the best time to put those requests forward - though she was sure that it would just as easily be accomplished under the soon to exist title. Taking that moment to collect her words, she ensured that they were just what she wanted to say.

"I must ensure that the military arms are better equipped and there is a means in which I can; though as I've noted, some may see it as a power grab on my part. I need the power under this new position to establish the Sorenn-Syrush Fleet Ordnance and Sorenn-Syrush Armor Workshop companies. Their sole focus would be the production of vessels and vehicles specifically for Commenor and would also bring Sorenn-Syrush Industries closer to the Systems Alliance as well."

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay waited as [member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"] seemed to hesitate before leaving. There was something else on her mind. Whether or not it was something that'd make her uncomfortable she wasn't sure. It could be as simple as something that she had forgotten.

And then there it was. Amelia was correct in that it could be seen as a power grab in having her companies be the top provider for the CSA. But why wouldn't they be, really? Afterall they were in CSA space and operated from there. So it made sense. "You may do so. However keep in mind that we have existing contracts already and I wouldn't want to have them torn up. Each provides something different and are there as back ups." Hopefully Amelia saw it in the same way that she did.

Amelia offered a silent bow, slowly rising up as her golden hues settled upon the queen. She understood where Kay was coming from, and a soft smile slipped upon her lips as she nodded quietly. Looking to the window for one last look, she returned her attention forward. She had secured what she had come for and now with that it was time to leave. Taking a step back, she kept her attention forward as she spoke.

"I understand your highness."

She paused for a moment before collecting her thoughts.

"I shall see to the appropriate development and procedures required to implement what we've discussed. Likewise, the new bodyguard unit should be active within the next couple of weeks; the 114th Line Century or the Queen of Commenor's Own will be under your direct command as needed."

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay bowed her head to [member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"] as she seemed to respect her wishes. In some way both of them had gotten what they wanted. "Thank you very much."

Minister of Defence. It was a jinxed position. Usually those that gain it soon leave Commenor altogether. So she had to prepare herself for it. Over time though, Kay had gotten used to people leaving. She was the only constant. And without her, peace could crumble in this sector.

Kay hoped that she'd get along with these hand picked guards. More than likely they were the strong, silent types. Sometimes that made her uncomfortable, but over time she would get used to them. Whether or not she'd get some privacy remained to be seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom