Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking to start off this character's story.....the right way!

It's always hard coming to a new site and jumping right into that groove of multiple posts a day when you don't know anyone, nor have you had a chance to establish the IC and OOC relationships needed for good collaborations. I've found in my time forum Role-Playing that the best way to getting to know people for said collaborations is to simply put an interest check out there. So, here I go!

I'm looking for one or more people to start the first chapter of this character's story. Arlan is, in a nutshell, a man with a chip on his shoulder (potentially running a small militant group once a factory judge checks in on me) seeking both redemption and vengeance. He's an entirely new character for me, not a revamp like I initially thought of doing, so he isn't as fleshed out as I would like him to be. The fun of it all though is I get a clean slate with him, and his experiences on here will be the foundation of what this character looks like in the future.

As for the Role-Play: I'm up for anything and everything. The beginning of a story can start nearly anywhere so my options are quite open at the moment. Perhaps a cordial meeting in a bar between two haggard warriors, or a shootout between Arlan and a group of smuggler/pirates/slavers/whatever.

My one and only bugaboo is posting frequency. I like to post A LOT, and usually keep my phone handy to churn out a paragraph or two if someone posts during the day. If all you can manage is once or twice a day that's fine too, I just don't want to wait a week between posts!

No offense to anyone I swear lol.

[member="Solan Charr"]

Well I'm pretty story centered with my characters and tend to let Role-Play lead them to whatever end lies ahead. That being said for Arlan to actually feel redeemed would take nothing short off an act of God lol. I'm new to this site so I am still getting acclimated to everything, the whole faction system and all, so it's hard to say.

Part of me wants that grandeur of attempting to make a faction and shot for the for the top, but then again I'm not entirely sure about doing so. I like to play realistic characters if at all possible, let's face it not everyone can be the hero, so whatever I end up doing will be something within mortal grasp.

Did you have a suggestion?

[member="Arlan Zy'rosh"]

As for your faction idea, it remains a kind of... catch 22 situation if you would see what i mean. As [member="Spencer Jacobs"] once told me, it is sometimes best to first try your hand a supporting a singular faction than making your own to get experience and perhaps help them grow and maybe shoot for leadership there... granted ive never followed that advice too well so its a common case of slight hypocrisy in passing on the advice. Though with that said i am in no right saying you should not enjoy your own shot at a faction, be it a minor or a major one. I personally enjoy major factions more, especially leading them because its a more... political and game like way to RP though the site. On the flip side, not running a faction allows you soooooo much less of a headache.

So ya, its a hard decision. I personally say go for it if you have the drive to run a faction, its a ton of fun when things go right.

Now as for your whole redemption thing, that sounds awesome to see a realistic character running around. Not sure if realistic means the same to you as it do myself or others but its always good to see those of whom i consider realistic characters and writers running around.

So ya, its really not much i can suggest because it is still your character, but i do hope that this helped.

[member="Fasalin"]
Well Arlan is inherently ruthless, but outright evil? No, just....no. :p

[member="Solan Charr"]
That's kinda the whole fear of it isn't it? Not that I am afraid of trying, better to try and fail than not try at all, but I just do not think that creating a faction without establishing a basis for this character is something I should do. I mean I know the whole self-loathing mercenary thing is played out but I went for it anyway with Arlan because I was inspired. At the moment though would creating a faction of mercenary anti-heroes actually contribute anything to overall site RP? I don't think so at the moment.

Not saying I won't in the future, just that I want to get my footing and develop IC relationships before declaring myself king-of-the-hill. Savvy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom