Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG Looking For Mandalorian Clan

Milla Kryst

Might Just Change Your Life
Hey there, I have ideas for the future of my character and I'd like to discuss with anyone willing to roleplay out the traditional ways of joining a Mandalorian Clan. Whether that's adoption or marriage, I'd like to be able to prove myself to the clan, whether proving oneself is through trials or a great feat. Unfortunately, this means I'm looking for a Clan Head to make the first introduction, and I would prefer a Clan that isn't of a Major House (Sorry Vizsla). I feel like joining a Major/Great House takes incredibly more effort and skill than my character could confidently produce without extensive roleplay, so I'm not comfortable with it. Custom clans are great. I do have plans to join Death Watch Crusade, and not the Mandalorian Union, if that is (probably likely) a problem, but my character will hold loyalty to the Clan Head until things get complicated, but that's just always more story. In the future I have ideas for making my own Clan but this would be deep into the future, so you can expect me to stick around for awhile.

My idea is a straightforward confrontation, as the actual character (Milla) stole the armor from a Mandalorian (Scar Berenk) who was actually a traitor to the Mandalorian cause (dar'manda). Milla was a slave of his, and killed him out of pathetic desperation. Neither I nor my character consider this a prideful achievement, especially considering how it was done. Milla wishes for a sense of pride by having a family to speak of, protect and support, whether she is in the back line or front line. I find the idea of "answering the call" a very fun aspect of the Mandalorian culture, which is why I'm looking for the traditional ways.

So, no one would immediately realize the person in the armor isn't actually Scar, but the idea is that Scar is a criminal. Scar was part of slave guilds, actively broke laws, guild laws, and faction territory laws. He was put on the bounty list for a reason, not a big price, but a price. He wasn't a super villain, but he was out for greed. He committed murder when it benefited him. SO not only is he a wanted criminal, but he actively tarnished the Mandalorian Creed, and disrespected the meaning of being Mandalorian. Due to Scar being tracked by other Mandalorians, she over heard these discussions and picked up on certain words, which allowed her to have a broken understanding of Mandalorian language.

Any Mandalorian investigating Scar would notice very peculiar things about him today; He let his personal vessel, which he has kept for numerous reasons, to fall into heavy disrepair. It became so bad that he sold it for scrap. For the keen eye, he seemed to have lost weight and lost a foot of height. The easiest assumptions are he hit a bad patch in his life, and/or lost the funds for certain things and started to starve. He no longer visits the criminal dens he once used to frequent, which may suggest he could have even fallen short among his criminal allies. The point of the confrontation is to question Scar, and pressure him to answer questions. Whether this is for information, or for some Mandalorian redemption. During this confrontation Scar is exposed, forced to remove his helmet and revealing Milla, the slave, has been parading around as a false bounty hunter and Mandalorian. But the Mandalorian confronting her offers to her a chance to join their family. Adoption or marriage are fine, marriage with Non-Player Characters and actual characters are fine, though Milla has no concept of "love", just loyalty. She is also Zelosian, but no idea of her actual age. Out Of Character information, she appears mid-30s, and is aged about 125-140.

Anyway, sorry for this obnoxious amount of typing, I figured it was best to get the point across, and hopefully I answered any potential questions. If I didn't, please ask. Realistically, any Clan can offer to help me in this story, but it won't feel right unless the current head of the Clan would be the one approving it. Thanks for reading.

I basically made my own clan based on the background of my father was Mandalorian and my mother married into that clan and I was thus born into it. Wanted something original and not tied to canon (including extended universe) characters.

Milla Kryst

I really like this whole set up and plot you got going. If you need any background characters for it I’d love to assist. (Dezorath is clanless as well atm)

Ah, yeah, I'd love to have you, just never thought of extra characters. Of course whatever clan comes along to confront me you'd be more than welcome to assist them. Are you part of any culvert/enclave/mando den?

Milla Kryst Milla Kryst hey!

First off, I really like the specificity in your planning. I tend to be a pretty terrible reader (the Internet has killed my attention span) but I managed to get through your whole idea and found it to be very thorough and interesting. We see the impersonation of stormtroopers all the time, but the impersonation of a Mandalorian, then becoming a true Mando'ad? Cool stuff.

Vyca isn't a character that I've written a ton of, but I do think she's got an alright concept. After escaping their former enclave on Vonak, Clan Durren has fallen in with the Sons of Mandalore to fight the Sith. With the previous alors dead, leadership of the clan falls to Vyca. Her work used to encompass bounty-hunting and the like (heavily inspired by Din Djarin, haha) so becoming a leader to her people is something new and daunting to her.

I think she'd probably fall back on that job in an attempt to avoid her clan. She also has a pretty intense hatred of Dar'manda, so she's got a solid reason to go after Scar, and she's a careful hunter and would probably notice the discrepancies between his bounty description and Milla. Vyca would probably give her a hand if she was looking for a 'family'. Clan Durren is meant to be less than a hundred people and definitely doesn't have the brand recognition like Fett or Vizla.

Having someone with direct loyalty to Vyca would force her to grapple with her role, but also complicate things when she comes into conflict with her clan over the decisions she makes.

I'm definitely down to thread, but at the moment I'm a bit swamped with invasions (and really need to get some Vyca posts out). You can hit me up on Discord (@Civil#0118) or message me on the board and we can talk, but I probably won't have the time to get posts out to our thread.

LMK what's up and if you're interested, but I'm sure wherever you take your writing you'll tell great stories.

Milla Kryst

Milla Kryst Milla Kryst hey!

First off, I really like the specificity in your planning. I tend to be a pretty terrible reader (the Internet has killed my attention span) but I managed to get through your whole idea and found it to be very thorough and interesting. We see the impersonation of stormtroopers all the time, but the impersonation of a Mandalorian, then becoming a true Mando'ad? Cool stuff.

Vyca isn't a character that I've written a ton of, but I do think she's got an alright concept. After escaping their former enclave on Vonak, Clan Durren has fallen in with the Sons of Mandalore to fight the Sith. With the previous alors dead, leadership of the clan falls to Vyca. Her work used to encompass bounty-hunting and the like (heavily inspired by Din Djarin, haha) so becoming a leader to her people is something new and daunting to her.

I think she'd probably fall back on that job in an attempt to avoid her clan. She also has a pretty intense hatred of Dar'manda, so she's got a solid reason to go after Scar, and she's a careful hunter and would probably notice the discrepancies between his bounty description and Milla. Vyca would probably give her a hand if she was looking for a 'family'. Clan Durren is meant to be less than a hundred people and definitely doesn't have the brand recognition like Fett or Vizla.

Having someone with direct loyalty to Vyca would force her to grapple with her role, but also complicate things when she comes into conflict with her clan over the decisions she makes.

I'm definitely down to thread, but at the moment I'm a bit swamped with invasions (and really need to get some Vyca posts out). You can hit me up on Discord (@Civil#0118) or message me on the board and we can talk, but I probably won't have the time to get posts out to our thread.

LMK what's up and if you're interested, but I'm sure wherever you take your writing you'll tell great stories.

Hi there, I appreciate your response! Is Clan Durren a custom clan or canon one? Do you have a link for me to check it out? If it's custom I'd like to see a lore post, factory approved or just a written summary so I know the history of the clan.

My characters father was mandalorian so i guess that means that character is brought into the fold that way.

Your father could either have been of the clan or even been a foundling and started his own clan and would only include him, his wife, you, and any siblings you might have. Mine started with my grandfather but my father was an only child so it is still only a small clan of no more than three. (I still haven't decided whether or not to have my parents still be alive actually.)

Haven't built a lore page yet, but Clan Durren is my own creation. Basically I took heavy inspiration from The Mandalorian and went the enclave/covert route.

After splitting from the main groups of Mandalorians to forge their own destiny, Clan Durren settled on Vonak, a planet once filled with a warrior race. They took residence in a town, not far from a mountain fortress they used as a secret base of operations. When asked, they sent warriors to support those who claimed the title of Manda'lor.

As the oppression of the Sith Empire grew, especially with the takeover of Mandalore itself, Clan Durren went to ground. Vyca was one of the few who was allowed to leave and used the funds from her work to support her people. Eventually they were discovered, but with the sacrifice of a number of their best warriors, the Clan survived and hid in their fortress. Only recently were they forced to leave. Being attacked again by the Sith, they were then rescued by members of Clan Fett and the Sons of Mandalore.

Hope this small spiel is enough -- not gonna lie, keeping most things vague lets me come up with cooler things when I'm actually in a thread.

Milla Kryst Milla Kryst

Milla Kryst

Haven't built a lore page yet, but Clan Durren is my own creation. Basically I took heavy inspiration from The Mandalorian and went the enclave/covert route.

After splitting from the main groups of Mandalorians to forge their own destiny, Clan Durren settled on Vonak, a planet once filled with a warrior race. They took residence in a town, not far from a mountain fortress they used as a secret base of operations. When asked, they sent warriors to support those who claimed the title of Manda'lor.

As the oppression of the Sith Empire grew, especially with the takeover of Mandalore itself, Clan Durren went to ground. Vyca was one of the few who was allowed to leave and used the funds from her work to support her people. Eventually they were discovered, but with the sacrifice of a number of their best warriors, the Clan survived and hid in their fortress. Only recently were they forced to leave. Being attacked again by the Sith, they were then rescued by members of Clan Fett and the Sons of Mandalore.

Hope this small spiel is enough -- not gonna lie, keeping most things vague lets me come up with cooler things when I'm actually in a thread.

Milla Kryst Milla Kryst

I didn't find it super vague, I enjoyed reading that. If you liked my idea in the first post of this thread, send me a private message. We can hash out the details if you'd like to help Milla become a Mandalorian. Just remember, I'll probably be joining Death Watch, and I would prefer adoption or marriage after proving herself. We can hash out the details of the confrontation in PM if you're interested. Thanks for coming over here and chatting, either way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom