Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for galactic police force?

As the title implies, I'm curious, is there some kind of galactic police that is supposed to 'protect' the galaxy? Perhaps a faction I am unaware of? If not, would people be interested in that?

I'm thinking something like the lantern corps in DC comics. We could even add some type of force object to enhance the ability of each officer. Or not, I don't care either way. But whatever the case be, I was just wondering. It would be really interesting, and I can imagine the lore going back to the ancients as a sacred group. I'm really just throwing out whatever comes to my head. Please reply if you know anything, or are interested in the idea of a galaxy wide police force.

Thanks all.

Galen Adina

Medic, Professor, and Jedi.
[member="Nymeria Vizsla"]

No, many planets that aren't under factions depend on local police for enforcement of their laws.

This is also why bounty hunting is so alive in Star Wars, because their is no one to chase these criminals across the galaxy.

Hope that helps.

Galen Adina

Medic, Professor, and Jedi.

Roleplay wise it sounds a bit difficult to pull off, as factions would refuse to work with each other and unaligned planets value their independence.

That said if you offered your services to planet governments for a small fee, you could essentially be a permanently employed bounty hunter which would entail similar abilities to what you're looking for. The main difference between them is that, in my opinion, a government wouldn't want their criminals to be held outside of their custody and ruled by laws that they have no control over. In terms like that it would be a form of government superseding a planet's current body, and I don't see how they would accept that without being conquered.

[member="Darth Manah"] I was thinking less like sheriffs and more like an order of elite officers (few and far between). It's not like something anyone can sign up for how I see it. People with special abilities or powers are chosen to work in this force. They can be bad or good, whatever the case as long as they work within their group(?) It would be nice, as most PCs are unique and could fill up the ranks. Not like the old west really. Like I said though I'm open to anything.

Krenis Skirata

K
Well, there are the Sector Rangers. I tried way back to get a faction up and going for them, but they really only existed within the Republic and Galactic Empire. There is also an attempt underway called StarPol that is trying to attempt the same thing you are. For FUs, there are also Wardens of the Sky and [member="Jack Raxis"] created Wardens of the Void.

Sector Rangers were probably as close to what you're imagining as you're going to get in Star Wars. It was a version of Interpol in the old legacy canon, though not surprisingly it's tied to the Galactic Republic but operated on worlds outside of the Republic's influence, such as Tatooine. And it continued under the Galactic Empire.

Edit: [member="Krenis Skirata"] beat me to it.

[member="Galen Adina"]

Welp. you're smart.

I think that if we're looking at a "police force", this is what the Jedi were originally, a police force. I mean, right now they are not but the original concept of Jedi was police force. If you want to do something like this, I don't see why you couldn't, although I doubt people would want to ally with what is basically an intergalactic police force. It'd remove the need for bounty hunters, like Galen said.

[member="Kei Garnik"] [member="Galen Adina"] I see how it could take the need for bounty hunters away, but it's not like a police force can catch every single criminal. And maybe said police force helps employ bounty hunters. I didn't say it had to be 'good'.
[member="Krenis Skirata"] [member="Boo Chiyo"] Thanks to both of you, hadn't an idea they existed.

For this to be an official organisation, and not some illicit vigilante group, respective factions and individual planets would have to agree to this Galactic Police's presence and operations on their planet.

Further, what powers would a faction or planet have to cede to a galactic police force?

Would a galactic police force have the power to arrest, and prosecute, and send to prison?

If so, there are a number of questions about a faction or planet's sovereignty and independence, and there will be many that would refuse to co-operate with a galactic police force.

Who decides what is right and wrong? Which laws would the galactic police follow? The individual planet's laws? Or a set of 'galactic laws'? I would think you would find much resistance to such things being imposed on planets and factions.

On the other hand, this Galactic police force could simply be a vigilante group, that sees itself as a police force while not being officially recognised by governments. This would be much easier to create and RP, though it may not be what you're looking for.

EDIT: Simply an organised group of bounty hunters sounds fine too.

Just wait till the First Order take over and we will bring order and peace.

If more a vigilante group that does not require a planet's permission, it does sound good, though I then wonder what the purpose of the Jedi are, who also roam the galaxy to do similar things.

@Wolf

What if it were not a vigilante group, more like an order of bounty hunters/slicers/etc? Not peace either. More like chaos where we benefit from the good intentions. And the Jedi are the Jedi. Nuff said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom