Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Request Looking For Chiss

Matt the Radar Tech

ꜰɪxɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʀᴀᴅᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴜꜰꜰ
Quick review: I mainly play Chiss, you probably recognize Thorne to some degree, and I (along with several other important Chiss players) led the Ascendancy to major status for a short period. Since then, had some ooc/real life happen, now I'm back to try to make something of it, again. So, that said...

So I'd like to bring up the topic of the Chiss.

For whatever reason, they're hard to maintain as a faction or group. Many players have them, some play them quite often, but for better or worse - usually worse - the Chiss can't seem to unify and work together in any real form beyond a short one. People get involved, then back out, and it leaves the few who are invested kind of hanging.

So.

I'm trying to change that. With the popularity of the Chiss increasing, through novels and eventually Thrawn's live action presence through the Disney+ series, I want to extend an open invitation to Look For Chiss. Is it possible to group together the Chiss with some concentrated effort, some willingness OOC, and a want to actually see an - arguably, very - interesting and complex species become more than a passing phase in various iterations?

What I/we/the Ascendancy are looking for:

• Members of the community who want to dedicate some effort to the Chiss Ascendancy
  • Members who can stick out the new Chiss honeymoon phase
  • Members who are willing to expand, plot and get involved and stick it out

Basically, the Chiss need people to be Chiss, and to stick with them.

Is anyone interested? I know what it takes to make faction viable for the map game, and can get us there if that's of interest, but I need people to help lay and maintain that foundation after the fact.

Let me know. Reply here? Help me find some Chiss.

Edit: Just to clarify, major status isn't the goal, so much as active Chiss. Major status is an option, if we manage really serious and consistent traction for the Ascendancy. But it's by no means the aim.

Last edited:
tumblr_mj742iS9AJ1qke3reo1_1280.jpg

You can be a Chiss if you want to!

You can leave your friends behind!

'Cause your friends aren't Chiss

And if they aren't Chiss

Well, they're no friends of mine!

Matt the Radar Tech

I see some Chiss faces, that's good; if we could usher into the Ascendancy, that would be even better. Especially new players who want to try them out, too. Consolidation and mutual RPing would be amazing for the Chiss. Very amazing!

Also, for those who aren't sure where to begin with a Chiss, I'll also be looking to make a 'how to' guide, which will break down the complexity of culture, military and government in easy to read portions.

Matt the Radar Tech

Good to see so many responses. And some old - and new - faces.

Things are definitely at an interesting place for the Ascendancy, good time to consider a Chiss!

Lash

Stela'shlit'nuruodo
Lash's relationship with the Chiss is delicate at best. He and his followers have been away from the Ascendancy for a long time. He would love to come home but sees his activity and actions outside the Ascendancy as a crucial element in keeping his family and Race safe. Not sure how Him coming back would work but it would need to be written out in some way.

Matt the Radar Tech

I can’t ever get my blue face pics to look good so I abandon ship

If that's all you need to make a Chiss, DM me.

Lash's relationship with the Chiss is delicate at best. He and his followers have been away from the Ascendancy for a long time. He would love to come home but sees his activity and actions outside the Ascendancy as a crucial element in keeping his family and Race safe. Not sure how Him coming back would work but it would need to be written out in some way.

The CA has changed a fair bit. There's currently upheaval in the ruling houses, so if there was ever a time to come back and earn some favor, it would be now? Not to mention the new canon has established a fairly strong defense force presence in the unknown regions now, so it's entirely possible to have both your narrative cake and eat it, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom