Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for an Adventure Book

I'm going on vacation soon, and I am looking for a good book to read. I plan to read the Casual Vacancy, but I am looking for a second book (or primary in case the s/o decides to steal the Casual Vacancy). I am looking for an adventure/exploration type book. Something along the lines of Indiana Jones, Uncharted, or Tomb Raider. Something fun and light-hearted with action and a bit of mystery. It would preferably be set in modern day, or at least recent times. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Has anyone read Uncharted: The Fourth Labyrinth? http://www.amazon.com/Uncharted-Fourth-Labyrinth-Christopher-Golden/dp/0345522176 . That could be exactly what I'm looking for.

[member="Padd"] Michael Chriton really is a great author, can't go wrong with him. I really liked The Andromeda Strain, and Jurassic Park was really good as well. Even if you've seen the movie it's worth reading. I'd also recommend Clive Cussler. I liked his Isaac Bell series a lot, and the first one is called The Chase. Might want to check it out. I've heard the Dresden Files are really good too. If you haven't read The Da Vinci Code, I'd recommend it. The hype is real. And if you have, I'd recommend the original book of the series, Angels & Demons if you haven't read that already. Deception Point and Digital Fortress are two other good novels by him as well you might want to consider. So kinda like a recap of books you might want to consider,

• The Andromeda Strain
  • Jurassic Park
  • The Chase (Isaac Bell)
  • Dresden Files (Series)
  • The Da Vinci Code
  • Angels & Demons
  • Digital Fortress
  • Deception Point
All of them are really good books/series, and feel free to ask questions if you have 'em.

[member="Tmoxin Temi"] [member="Ilmarien Wrax"]

I can't remember if I've read the Andromeda Strain. I know I saw the mini-series on AMC or whatever a few years back (I enjoyed that), so I may just be confusing that with reading the book. I've not read Jurassic Park (I don't think?), but I have read some of Michael Crichton's other books, including the Lost World. Pirate Lattitudes was my favorite. That is an excellent book if you haven't read it.

I've read all the Dan Brown novels. I love his writing style--very fast paced and easy to read. Deception Point was my favorite. Excited to see that Inferno is being made into a movie.

I've heard a lot about the Dresden Files. Looks very interesting; I may give that a go. I just don't know if I can commit myself to 15 novels. The Isaac Bell series also looks very interesting. I had never heard of it.

Thank you both for the recommendations.

There are heaps of Indiana Jones books/novels available. Go for one of those. Or Tombraider/Lara Croft ones if you can find them. Allan Quatermain stuff is good too. Similar to Indy. I personally love Lara Croft, but Indiana Jones is king always. Even Quatermain can't beat Indy. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom