Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a Slave... I Mean Mate

Arina Zjarri

A
Would it help if I said I was a Shaper of Kro Var and thus think your religion is silly? :p

This thread is about me... not religion and we claim.. so if you are interested.. in being claimed come on down, and Hello niece, and I wonder if I could justify a female slave lol

Well if you happened to find your way on to Dathomir and wouldn't mind the fact that an initate exerted dominance over you a knight :D we could see,

Oh I had a riot of a good time explaining IC in an rp how crazy the thought was "marriage" and "Dating" vs "claiming"

It went something like this....
"Is he not yours?"It still didn't make sense, and it was obvious by her expression.

"Dating? " She asked again, trying to make sense of it. " Oh. You are settling on a date when to claim him?"
"No, remembered what we talked about before? Like...casual? Dating like..." She tried to think of how to describe it. "Going out to eat, walking along the sands, spending time together." She wondered about her kind of culture, not sure where she even came from. "Don't you get to know someone before you mate there, where you are from? it's like...getting to know someone better by doing nice things."
" Depends. Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't. It is for his protection as much as it is for ensuring prosperity. " she gave another frown, taking a bite to eat and chewing it slowly. After taking a sip of her drink, she lowered it from her lips and continued.

"There is no casual. It just is. You either have them or you don't." she looked up and studied Kassey. " He either belongs to you, or he doesn't. There is no gray. Why would you want someone who you were not sure was not completely yours?"
"Well...you see, what people do around here is...well, date a few men or women, to see if they like them enough to get mated. Because what if you claim him, and you don't like him again in a few months? It's hard to make that commitment, sometimes...It's a big decision to get mated. While some people do it right away, others take their time, getting to know each other before they get engaged."
" How can you truly come to know someone if you do not claim them first? Anyone else can take them if they are not marked as yours. What will happen then? How can you protect him if he is free to be taken by any other female? You can do... whatever this dating is you say -- eat, walk, spend time together. But do you know them? Do you know where he lays his head at night? How do others know he is yours? How can you be sure that he won't just... be taken away?"

She paused then asked curiously, "Engaged? Engaging in what?"
"I can see your point.." She told Zoe. "And sometimes men and women aren't very...faithful. Even when mated. That's how things work, at least, around places like this. It's wrong and sad, but it happens..." She wondered if it happened where Zoe came from.

And that opened another question.

Kass put down her water. "Engaged. You know...a ring, a party..engaged to be married!"
"That is why you make sure everyone knows he belongs to you. It is witnessed, and all know of it." a faint wryful smile grew over her lips, " Not to mention, once bonded, it is hard to hide such wandering thoughts. "

At the mention of a party, Ti'Cira gave another passive stare. " What does a ring have to do with anything?"
"Well, it's accustomed to have the man give the women a ring when he proposes marriage!" Kassey sounded excited. As if she were waiting...no, Kass, you're not ready.

"Anyway, yea, when a man proposes marriage, he usually gives the women a ring to wear on her left hand.." Kassey took out her left hand and pointed to her ring finger. "That one, right there. That way, others know that they are engaged!"
Ti'Cira blinked, as if that was utter nonsense.

"A ring? To show they are engaged.... to be mated?" she shook her head, " A ring can be lost or taken."
Kassey frowned.

"Yes, that's true, It can be lost or stolen. But it's an old, old tradition. Kind of like a showpiece saying 'this will be my wife, no one else can get her.' Kind of deal."
"So then how will everyone else know? How will another woman know he is yours?" she asked her, point blank. " If the ring is lost? Then what? Take away your... party..... your showpiece.... all the fupala... how does everyone know?"
She kept her frown.

"You're right. In retrospect, it doesn't make sense. However, even if the others don't know, he will know. She will know, and then the relationship is based off of trust for one another. That's the basis of something great."
" Then you see my point? Your way is too complicated. You are either mated, or you are not. There are no half measures. " she said, " In my culture, you don't use rings. You mark. It makes it evident who you belong to... "

You know Aunt.. *nudges*

He looks good in war paint... :p

tumblr_lk1tofgmM31qdrcbpo1_500.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom