Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking at a mirror without glass

Salina Aviner

Seeing is believing, but one must see first.
So much had happened to Salina in so little time it was almost too much to take in. Going from the Order of the Black Hand to now being part of the Moross Crusade and being accepted as a pupil to one of the gods Aesir's themselves was incredible. Yet Salina was beginning to feel somewhat out of touch with the life she had before. So much was spent going from place to place, exploring and seeing so much of the galaxy. That barley happened anymore now as she needed to stay for training and the like. She just needed time to process, let everything sink in. Which was why, for at least a week, she felt the need to go to a few nearby planets and do some fortune telling. Perhaps the practice would help calm herself and even help develop on her powers a little.

She found herself on Utapau, a small tent set up in one of the market areas. The tent was dark which helped to add mystery to her presence, as did having a hood over her head. Though never a crystal ball or anything like that, far to cliche. A sign at the front said for one credit per prediction which was always her price no matter what type of job the person had. With her amphistaff Xira at her side she sat and waited, humming a little tune for the next customer to come.

@[member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
-That was when Feena Mason walked in. It wasn't like her to explore the market place. Not alone. She always had an assistant or two with her now. Her condition made her incredibly weak and delicate. But damn it all if she didn't get sick of the attention. Just because she was sick did not mean she was going to fall over and die.

With a pretty gray scarf drapped over her head, shading her face from the sun, she walked along, looking for something to buy her daughters. Celeste was a new born, she was too young to really care for toys and Feena preferred to dress her girls in hand made original fashions. Felicity could stand to be a little more spoiled though. Feena hardly visited home now, not with her new duties.

I should give myself a raise, and double my vacation days, she decided with a little smile, I've earned it, after this catastrophe.

Feena Mason was not cut out for office work. Not anymore. When she was young and eager, she would have jumped at the chance to run half a galaxy from her chair. But now, she would give anything to be out on the field again, running from patient to patient. The thrill of saving lives was indescribable. But no. She was on 'medical' leave. And by 'medical leave', that of course meant she could still fill out all the paper work, pep talk her underlings, but healing? Out of the question.

I hardly managed to get Isley off my back as it is...

The healer stopped suddenly, coughing into her silk handkercheif. The coughing. That never seemed to stop now. Pathetic. The Galaxies best healer? Letting herself get sick? It was unheard of and embarrassing.

During the course of her coughing fit, she noticed the tent. TENT! She glanced around, wondering if she was really loosing it because of the sickness, or if there really was a kriffing tent just sitting in the market place. Unable to control her own curiosity, she stepped inside.

@[member="Salina Aviner"]

Salina Aviner

Hearing someone enter Salina perked up and said "Ah. So yet another comes to see the light of their darkened path." she looked up a little, only her chin and mouth being revealed, as she said "Come in. Come in. No need to be shy. You'll find no harm hear. Only answers. So, you wish to know of your own future? What paths you will walk? What turns you will make? One credit per reading so have as many as you want."

Given the aura this person had it was clear she was a force user. It seemed augmented, as if she'd been through both dark and light teachings and events that altered and re-alerted it. An interesting person this was indeed.

@Feena Mason

The Eternal Queen
Oh. A fortune teller. Feena was about to apologize and leave fast as she could manage in her condition, but then, there was something about the hooded woman. Or maybe it was simply curiosity. She'd never had her fortune told before. Not that she particularly believed one could read the future like a book, but Feena had had her own visions, and seen them come true before. She didn't have any special gift for it, but it did happen. And then, she'd also predicted her own death, and Keter proved her wrong about that. The future was a cloudy place.
Still, she was hardly an expert, but she knew there were those that were. Seers. In all her years learning and exploring the Galaxy, she had never met one.

Well, why not? It's only one credit. Maybe she'll tell me when I'll get over this illness.

It was a long shot. She was probably a fake. Some sort of scam artist. But it was nice and cool in this tent, and it gave Feena an excuse to sit down.

"Alright then," she sighed, reaching into her silk purse to slide a credit chip across the table, "Tell me my future."

Salina Aviner

Salina smiled when she heard the chit in the table, feeling around wit one hand before tucking it into her pocket. "Let me see your hands." she said, holding her own out. She waited until the woman touched her hands with her own before taking a deep breath and closing her eyes, not that she could see. When the visions came to her they were odd, not like many she'd seen before.

"Strange...." Salina began to say. "I see....a mirror in the middle of your path. Cracked into three pieces. One face is a mans. And the others....." she stopped as the vision became more clear. "What?....It's...." What Salina was seeing in the mirror were two women with the same faces, her face. "But that's..."

Suddenly her powers of seeing the past kicked in without a notice. All at once visions began to stream through her mind and eyes like a fast motion picture. Children. New Born babies. Separated at birth. One the woman who was before her now. The other her brother. And yet a third....herself. When it all stopped Salina fell back against her chair, almost collapsing. She took a few moments to breath, regaining herself. Her head was very sore from the experience and yet when it calmed a moment later she looked back at the woman. It could not have been....

Salina finally took her hood of, revealing her face to the woman who was, as the visions had shown....her twin sister.

@Feena Mason

The Eternal Queen
Well, that was... dramatic. Feena stood up, coughed into her handkerchief once and almost left. But leaving an obviously blind woman nearly collapsed would be so rude and no fitting her position at all.
The Archon went behind the table to help her up, holding a hand out.

"Here, you alri-"

Something about that mirror thing she was talking about. Now she saw it. Immediately Feena withdrew her hand, backing away.

"That's not possible," Feena said slowly, as if reassuring herself, "Nobody would be cruel enough to do this to me now. A clone? Seriously? This is a joke."

Her back hit the table behind her.

"Whoever is doing this," she called out to the empty tent, "it's not funny. Cloning a sentient without their expressed permission is illegal and is punishable with 67 standard years in CIS Prison. If you cloned me, you should know who I am, and you also need to know, you're in a hell of a lot of trouble-"

Feena could not finish her threat, as she once again dissolved into a fit of coughing.

Salina Aviner

When she took a moment to cough Salina stood and said "F.....Feena? You're name is @[member="Feena Mason"]." After she reacted Salina walked up and, guiding her own hands, began to fee her face. Everything was the same. The cheeks, the nose, the chin, all of it. Salina gasped a laugh and said "Feena.....it's....I can't believe it." She heard her calling her clone and said "No! No. I'm not a clone. I promise. I'm......I'm your....your sister." She held her arms to keep her still while saying "I know it sounds incredible but it's true. I saw it all. Your parents, OUR parents, they gave me up for my foster parents. They were too buys for you and me and our brother. They adopted me as a baby and took me in. I'm telling the truth Feena. Believe me. Look me in the eyes, please!"

The Eternal Queen
Feena wanted to laugh, but she was coughing too hard. On her handkercheif, a tiny speckle of blood was folded into the cloth.
And then that blind fortune teller was touching her face. This was ludicrous.

"Sister?" she gasped, when she could finally catch her breath, "Sister? Lady, you are crazy. I already had my fill of 'long lost sibling drama' when I found Zaiden. Now you're saying I have a twin sister? Give me a break! I am not that gullible!"

But those eyes. Feena remembered those eyes. She reached up with one hand, running a finger across her corneas, no longer afraid of hurting when she touched her eyes. They were metal now, little cameras really, ocular implants that could do more than see.
She'd replaced her eyes, invented these so she wouldn't go...

"Blind," she said, unsure why she was saying it, "I used to be blind too. It's inconvenient. Made my studies near impossible."

Was she believing it now? Through her minor mental breakdown, was she starting to think, even for a moment, that it could be possible?

"You know...They lied about everything else," she sighed after a moment, "Cedrik and Fiona Greyson, mother and Father, Count and Countess of... whatever they were. Those lands are Zaidens now. Gave them to him. Never trust anyone with too many names.
Couldn't trust them. They gave away Zaiden. If they gave away their son, then why not you too? I wouldn't put it past them."

Salina Aviner

"Yes...yes!" Salina said, a smile cracking. She brought her sister closer and said "But I am not as cruel as them, Feena. I promise. I didn't lead lives like them. I had a family. I had a mother and father and because of mistakes he made they're gone. I wondered....finding the Witches on Dathomir. Then I became this. A fortune teller. I wanted to help people so they wouldn't make the same mistakes like my....my foster father did. Like our real one did with us." She laughed a little as a tear ran down her cheek. "Oh Feena!" she pulled her in and hugged her while trying to stop from crying. "My sister! I have a sister....a real sister."

@[member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
Crying was not Feenas thing. Not when she could help it. Crying was for sad things, or when her eyes needed lubrication. Hugging near strangers was not her thing either. Sure, she could find a person in a ditch somewhere, cut them open and fix their insides, no problem, but that was as personal as her relationship with strangers went.
And now, some random fortune teller was hugging her and calling her sister.

I've had weirder days. Actually... Yes, I have had weirder days.

Feena did crack a little smile though. This was the most ridiculous thing. Honestly, how emotional some people could be! It was most unseemly!

"I didn't see anything about a sister when I looked into my birthing records," she said, "But if theres one thing Mother and Father had, it was money. Working with hospitals now, I can see how easy it would be to make bribes."

Sensible of them, actually. Easier, less time consuming. Twins ran in the family, but that did not mean they had to raise both of them. So, they pick one at random, and give the other away, pay off the foster parents and the hospital and now they have only one girl to worry about.

"I have..." A thought suddenly occurred to her then, cutting her off, "I paid you to read my future. Sister or not, surely, you will not skimp out on me. Let's see how good you are."

Salina Aviner

Salina drew back a bit from how unfeeling that seemed. Was she not happy to see she had another sibling, a much more caring one, in the galaxy? Still she just though she needed time to warm up or something. Salina calmed down a little, wiping her eyes, and said "No. I have seen your future. This illness you have is eating you from the inside. But I can help. I'm a healer as well. I've been healing so many ailments and wounds. Don't you see, that's why we found each other. So I can help you." She brought her hand to Feena's face and said "Let me help you, please. Call it a present for never being their on your birthdays." she laughed a little at the joke she tried to make.

@[member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
Feena couldn't bring herself to smile, not really. But she did offer a smirk.

"You can try," she offered, "But I've had the best healers in the CIS try. Hell, don't you know who I am? They call me the best. I couldn't even do it."

Salina Aviner

"But I'm not them." Salina said. "And neither are you. It may not work but I will do anything and everything I can to save you. Please...let me try." She held out her hand for Feena to take should she accept. While still new to her healing abilities Salina was not about to let her sister slowly die from whatever sickness was inside her.

@[member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
Feena sighed, smiled and gave her twin her hand. Force, this was weird. It was like holding hands with herself. Even the energy from the woman felt... familiar.

"Be my guest," she sighed, "But I never expect miracles."

Salina Aviner

Nodding Salina began to concentrate, trying to use all her healing abilites to help. The thing was most of it involved her abosrbing the illness or wound herself before it would slowley die off inside her due to her own healing factor. That's what she tried to do here, take in all of Feena's sickness so she would be alright while dealing with the pain of it for a breif moment. She focused as she soaked in Feena's essence to try and heal her. Every ounce of the sickness drained from her body in the hopes of curing her.

@[member="Feena Mason"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom