Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Look Who I Ran Into

New Coronet City was not exactly what Kyle was used to. Most of his life had been spent moving from place to place. After Corellia was broken and his mother died, a lot of his time was spent on a ship wherever his father Ric was stationed. The Corellian pilot had been anything but a good influence, and thankfully the force manifested itself with Kyle enough so the Green Jedi has taken him in. Of course with the restoration efforts on Corellia that still meant a lot of moving, until now.

Kyle had been walking the streets when he caught sight of someone busting out of a local shop. The owner soon followed after shouting thief which sent Kyle chasing after the kid. The hot summer sun did nothing to make that easy, and the green robes of the traditional ware were something that only got hotter as he ran. Kyle thought about using the force, but the market was already too crowded.

“Move!”

His voice called out as he chased after the shoplifter. Kyle kept his eyes trained on the kid, but failed to see the girl that was crossing right in front of him. The crash was spectacular in how it looked to the observer and the pain Kyle felt on his butt after it hit the duracrete walkway. Eyes looked up to see a girl with pinkish hair knocked to the ground as well, and he was embarrassed.

“I am so sorry... I didn’t see you and I... well...”

Kyle paused. His eyes studied the face in front of him.

“Wait... do I know you?”

[member="Elsie Perris"] [member="Andrik Perris"]

Elsabetta Perris, daughter to Tadel Perris and Jamie Perris, the pride of both Alderaani and Corellian heritage, was put flat on her back in a matter of seconds. She was supposed to be meeting with her elder brother Andrik, being directed by her parents to spend some time together and reconnect, get a feel for her Corellian heritage after circumstances had kept her and the triplets far away from their home world. Their Mom had always been adamant about instilling Corellian pride in her children, but it still wasn’t feeling like home to her yet.

Then this.

She coughed and grunted, feeling the air re-enter her lungs as she got her bearings again, shopping bags scattered across the walkway. “HEY!” she coughed again and rolled onto her side, huffing before looking at whoever it was that had so rudely knocked into her, “Why don’t you watch where you’re going, you gigantic --- !” Large icy-blue eyes shot a nasty glare, then went suddenly wide with recognition. Slender arms were abruptly thrown about his neck. “Kyle!” Then leaned back, slugging him hard in the arm. “You ran me over, you nerf brain! Oh, stop looking like a guppy with your mouth open. It's me! Elsie! Remember?”

[member="Kyle Torchwood"], [member="Andrik Perris"]

And who did catch the thief, but a friend and brother coming around the corner at the other end of the block at just the right time, and tripping the lawbreaker as if it were a casual step in his stroll. Yet, before the offender had the chance to be introduced to the duracrete by way of his face, Rik hauled him up by the back of his shirt and sent him reeling in the other direction, onto his rear. The thief, Occo, had wide eyes for a fraction of a second, until focusing and seeing how clean and neatly coiffed his capturer was, then started laughing. Then tweaked around to bolt, again.

"Nope."

The duracrete cracked in just the right spot, Occo tripped a second time, and Rik didn't stop him from skinning himself up a bit. Occo hissed between his teeth, the fresh scrapes quickly stinging, as he rolled to sit himself on his rear. The item he'd nabbed sat a foot away, having fallen out of his hands in the secondary tumble.

"A'right, ya got me." Occo was dejected, his slumped shoulders and lowered head accentuating the fact. The thief was younger than Rik himself. "Actually, they do," the arrival of CorSec officers heading off the reply that had been on the tip of his tongue, "My advice? Let them help you." Occo scowled at that, as he was hauled to his feet by one of the officers, while the other came to talk to Rik. The shop owner hovered nearby, merchandise back in her hands, and relief on her face. She mouthed thanks when Rik's gaze put her into frame, to which the teen gave a half smile and a shrug.

"Your name?" The officer asked, drawing Rik's attention to her. He straightened up, and folded his hands behind the small of his back. "Andrik Perris," came his reply, "Jedi Padawan." Officer Paleka's eyebrows piqued, and she regarded him a moment, then the moment passed and she jotted down his ID. "Did you see what happened?"

He shook his head, "no, officer. I was just rounding the corner to meet up with my sister, read the situation, and acted accordingly."

"Well," she looked bored, "aren't you a good Jedi..." then she smiled thinly, "...that will be all, thank you. We'll comm the temple main if we have any further questions."

At that, Officer Paleka turned heel and headed into the shop where the theft took place, presumably to speak further with the owner, before meeting up with her partner at their squad hover. With his attention no longer co-opted by the situation, Rik took a fresh scan of the street, with both his eyes and his senses. Elsie was in the crowd somewhere... and so was Torch.

"Huh," he wasn't expecting Torch - the guy'd been the nearest thing to a brother for the past five years, but what was he doing here? "Okay... where are ya, Ells?"

[member="Kyle Torchwood"] | [member="Elsie Perris"]

“HEY!”

Kyle would deserve every bit of what was going to come next, or would have if the girl had not recognized him as well. He was still too busy trying to place her face, but it seemed she had recognized him first.

“You ran me over, you nerf brain! Oh, stop looking like a guppy with your mouth open. It's me! Elsie! Remember?”

Her words did not stop him from looking at her with his mouth open, in fact if it were possible his jaw would have been literally on the ground. His eyes went wide as the realization that girl he ran into was Elsie Perris the sister of one of his childhood best friends. They had all be close five years ago and then certain things happened which saw them all separated. Kyle had not seen Elsie at all in those five years, and she was certainly different now.

"The last time I saw you, you were nine. Your hair wasn't purple and you didn't have... well you didn't have those," the Corellian Jedi pointed to her chest as spoke.

Kyle stood up and offered a hand to the spunky looking Perris girl.

"I'm sorry... I was chasing that thief and didn't see you. And now... ugh where did that thief go. Help me find him? We can catch up on the way?"

[member="Andrik Perris"] [member="Elsie Perris"]

Her brows lifted and blue-eyes narrowed when Kyle mentioned the obvious, noticing the twinkle in his eye. Her cheeks flushed, she felt strange, and more than ready to hit him again. The young girl sat more upright, straightening as she looked at Kyle in a classic Elsie standoff-look that her brother would have no doubt recognized. “Well, what about you? You’re taller and look scruffier than a nerf herder, but I still recognized you. When was the last time you had a haircut?”

The teenager grinned, taking his hand as he helped her back to her feet. She brushed off her clothes and stepped forward just slightly, eyes following their natural trajectory. “Is that him? The scrawny kid?” she said, pointing in the direction of where Andrik was, chatting with the shop owner. “Looks like my brother just saved the day. And since your criminal is caught, you’re going to eat lunch with us!” her arm looped into the crook of his and didn’t wait for an answer. With a few quick steps she was off, pulling Kyle down the walkway at a quick trot. “Andi!” she yelled, trying to get his attention. It was regretful to think back on all of the years the three of them had missed out together, and she was determined that they’d be making up for it.

She smiled and released Kyle’s arm, not hesitating to embrace her older brother. “You’re late,” she quipped.

[member="Andrik Perris"] [member="Kyle Torchwood"]

When he finally saw her, part of him was conflicted, but he was all in all quite happy to see her, evidenced by one not-scrawny arm hoisted high, and the grin on his face.

"Ells!" He called, waving; she hardly looked like the nine-year-old he remembered, but for the features of her face, sound of her voice, and the feel of her in the Force. Maybe that was something he had always felt. Her petite form burying into the front of him didn't really feel that different from what he could remember, apart from the obvious that came with being a girl. He reciprocated in kind for a moment, until she called him late - for that she found him squeezing her tighter, like a bear, like dad would do when they were younger, and still sometimes did. Or tried to, if his sons were being particularly teenagerish.

"I missed you too, sis." He grunted in humour, relaxing his arms after another couple moments, and glancing over her head at Kyle, "Hey, Torch," he said in acknowledgement, then he pulled back, hands on Elsie's shoulders, looking her in the face, and whispered, his voice frank, "I hope running into that clumsy doofus didn't hurt."

He glanced up at Kyle, the sheen of mirth in his eyes.

[member="Kyle Torchwood"] | [member="Elsie Perris"]

“Scruffier than a nerfherder... I’ll have you know...” It was a moot argument as it was only going to delay him catching up to the crook which Elsie seemed to slog right away with Andrik. Kyle roller his eyes, of course the other twin had him.

“Yeah that’s him,” he said with nod.

It wasn’t long after that Elsie scooped his arm with hers and pulled him in the direction of the other Perris. Kyle wasn’t about to point out a second time that she had changed a lot more than he had in the last five years. Things were already suddenly awkward as he realized little Elsie was hot. He didn’t say much when they reached her brother at first, because Kyle was afraid that was exactly what he was going to blurt out. Something along the lines of “hey Andi, did you know your sister is hot...” didn’t see like a good idea.

Kyle waved and just rolled his eyes at the slight dig, then Kyle chuckled.

“Doofus... right, look in a mirror lately. Can’t help that your sister stepped out right at the perfect moment to get run over. I could have moved had I wanted to, not even with the force...”

Still Kyle looked at the girl.

“You are okay, yeah?”

[member="Andrik Perris"] | [member="Elsie Perris"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom