Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Look at this photograph...

Though there was some security, it was hardly enough to do much more than blink as the heavily modified CNV-22 blitzed through the air, burning hot and knifing like a madman drove her yoke. Or, madwoman in this case. A whoop shot out of the young Sedaire as she expertly danced silver-circuit laced hands over controls and the fighter responded as if silk drifting on air over water. Almost as if suddenly the plug was pulled she dove ninety degrees, corkscrewed, and landed on a pad with hardly a lurch. Steam hissed from strained engines and landing gear, but the red-head was smiling from ear to ear.

She had lifted the fighter by legal salvage over a battlefield, and had added her own touches and modifications to it, and loved the thing. The CIS would probably eventually get wind and come after a lifted and restored superiority fighter. But for now she was out of hulks and tramps and behind the stick of something truly capable of her wildest dreams. Wiping grease from her freckles, the pilot swept hair from her eyes and grabbed the photo of her dad and the other man she had came to find. A datapad went into a holster at her thigh where most might carry a gun, and she slung a backpack haphazardly over one shoulder as she disembarked.

The ocean world sung salt and water in her lungs and soul and she breathed deep, taking in a measure of peace before a functionary and his droid came up to her caterwauling about her approach. A wave of her hand and the droid's lights dimed and it went offline. Her eyes narrowed with a fire Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser would well remember if and when they met, and she held the photo of the two much younger Jedi up to the dock authority type, and pointed to Coren.

"Either take me to see him or that droid's control arm will replace yours, if you catch my drift...I broke no sector laws. I just used my craft to it's best abilities."

Sparks danced from her fingertips, but the authority did well to mostly conceal his terror.

"Right this way..."

Following the figure, she adjusted her leather flight jacket with the Green Devil of Corellia emblazoned on the back, a size or two too large for her, but one of the few things of her fathers he had left with her mother. Now she was here, trying to find the man they said was as close to her father as a brother. Some geezer named Coren.

Expanding his role. That was what he was doing. Barsen’thor was a title he thought he had, but it wasn’t quite the same. He was picking up a role he had once upon a time, Watchman for the Galaxy. Jedi Sage. But more than that, he was part of the Order of Selab now. The role one he closely worked with had held, and now something he was doing. Working with other Wayseekers to protect the galaxy, and protect the knowledge of the Light Side. The Jedi Master was glad to have his position here on Kattada.

It gave him a role to watch Witches, Jedi, and the Explorer Corps. It allowed him to see what the galaxy had to offer and what the people around the galaxy had at their fingertips. The knowledge, the history, and the power.

It could be protected, a small bit of it here, a small bit at other Enclaves around the galaxy.

Today he was more securing another holocron, reviewing it for the dark side and what it had for the Light. It was a solid piece and he would have to give the Jedi who found it a commendation. From what he could tell it was pulled from a convoy heading into Sith space. That was going to mean that they went above and beyond to collect it. A salvage boat or something was raided.

Trust in the Force…

But that was when his door was knocked on. Turning, the Jedi Master in gold and navy robes, a near must at this temple, at least for him, and nodded. “Enter.”

Tessa Sedaire Tessa Sedaire

The perfunctory was pushed past. Not rudely, but with a slight smile and look that said she had the situation handled. Eyes the match of her fathers, and a classic Sedaire smirk, she took in the man before her. He was different than the photo, for sure. Not at all what she expected for the closest friend heg father had ever had to be. But then again, you didn't have to be clones of one another to be friends. Adjusting her shoulders, she squared herself to the man and spoke, not quite sure what to say even as the words came tumbling out of her mouth.

"Jedi Starchaser? The Corellian Rebel? Friend to Julius Sedaire and Jorus Merill? Is that really you?"

She paused a moment and considered him further, before biting down on sudden emotion that welled up. The eyes of this Jedi were unmistakable, and the air about him. Fancy robes or not, this was who she sought. Something inside her told her it was the right man finally. She sniffed and scowled, and held up the photograph of the two of them as she tried to smile easily.

"Did you know my dad?"

Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser

Last edited:
He wasn’t really expecting anyone. Romi Jade Romi Jade was out with the Jadelight and working to set up a new Enclave, while Veino Garn Veino Garn was doing his own thing… The Jedi Master wasn’t certain who he was expecting, but he was never going to turn away anyone who came to him, either for help, or just to voice concerns. He was a Wayseeker in technicality, but he wanted to help the ExplorCorps, it was important to him and what wanted to bring to the galaxy, but he wasn’t going to be sitting on a Council again any time soon.

What he didn’t expect was this woman… He turned and looked before he really looked. “Yeah, that’s me…” He quirked up an eyebrow as he looked the redhead over.

And with her next question.

Ohh… that made a lot more sense. And at that, the way she phrased it, Coren nodded. “I do. Care to sit, miss…” He was waiting on a name as he gestured to some of the furniture.

"Tessarosa.. 'Tessa' is better though..."

She walked in further, looking about the room and taking in the man in the blue robes. Age had visited him since the photo that she clutched, and that made her almost sad. Her father would be similarly wearied and older, weighed by the weights her mother told her that he carried from a lifelong career of a Jedi General and warrior. For a moment emotion choked her, and inwardly she cursed the single tear that escaped the corner of her left eye as she scrubbed her face to wipe it away, putting the photo in front of the welcoming Master.

"Do you know where he is? Is he alive?"

Tessa… He knew he had heard the name. He was being dense right now, at least for a moment. The Jedi Master knew that this had to be his friend’s, his brother’s daughter. Or at least a protégé. “Tessa… You’re Tessa Sedaire.” He felt a bit sheepish, but the Wayseeker had many things on his mind, but seeing this woman walk into his office, even out here on Kattada, away from the Rim, away from Corellia, it felt familiar but still a little out of place.

He had his kids, and knew that if anything happened to him, they’d be chasing down leads looking for him, and that included finding Jorus or Julius and asking questions. He had a table with a few holocrons and other trinkets on it, and one such item was a star map, and another a was a Jedi compass, modified slightly, but set up where it could identify and find Jedi beacons.

“I’ve not heard of him falling, I have an idea where he is at. Why are you searching for him now?”

"My mother only told me he was a Jedi. A Corellian. She passed, and in her effects I found letters. Photographs. He never even visited me, and I grew up without knowing him. Mom's gone and... Well... I'm not sure what I think finding him will do, but it's what i'm going to do... Maybe hug him. Maybe punch him in the nards. Maybe both."

The bluntness and honesty were damn near genetic, and Tessa was struggling to keep quiet. Her eyes were on @Coren, ignoring the trinkets mostly. She finally tapped her thigh where the datapad was visible in the holster.

"I have spent months. Burning up every lead I could. But I don't know the circles he traveled in. Jedi. Rebels. Freedom fighters and the underground. I'm just a pilot with a fancy set of hands and a 'borrowed' ship i'm bound to lose someday soon when the Confederacy realizes I liberated it one of their superiority fighters."

She held her hands up, the silvery inlay of her bio-circuits glowing softly with Force light.

"I won't blame you if you say no. But even a message to him... It could help..."

Coren Starchaser had done a lot of different things, but helping out a lost child of a friend? Well, that should have happened a lot more than it did. He had helped the Perl children, including the one that was his, plenty of times, but a Sedaire? He knew they existed, knew the name but was surprised by the fact that she hadn't met him. Julius was close with Corellia, like him, it was an assumption that he was going to be a better family man than Coren himself. His kids were raised by others, and now that he got the chance to help repair that bridge, he was.

"Family is important, especially for people who are capable of the Force. It helps to connect with who we are, where we came from. And with your father… I think it is important. Maybe its important to learn from him, or its important to voice your issues with him."
He was trying to put it diplomatically.

"I know he travels a lot, like me, we both tend to disappear at times, for weeks, months on end. He disappears into the Kathol Rift from time to time… I have starmaps I can update you with."
As she spoke about the Confederacy possibly tracking her ship. "I can also help remove any tracker they have on that ship. Count it as a favor to your father." He tipped his head to the side.

"I can try to get a message out, but when he doesn't want to be found, its hard to… well, find him."
Taking a beat he nodded. "I can see what I can do, however?" And with the daughter of Sedaire, maybe it can help him focus even more.

"Mom always said he was... Unpredictable... Like he knew somehow when he was needed and had to leave, even if it was half a Galaxy away. But he always came back. Until one day... He didn't. She assumed he was dead, and raised me the best she could. I've had family, but never a whole one. I'm not looking for a Life Day feast with everyone smiling. I just want to know him. Learn from him, and about him... Maybe mom was right, and my humor is from him. I'd like to know."

She stopped her ramblings to consider the offers of maps and tracker removal, and nodded.

"That would be great... It's an Accipter. One of the fastest things flying. They had left it for scrap but.. "

She held up hands faintly glowing and humming with silvery implants and traces of the Force.

"I can fix about anything. And I'd be grateful for the message. I'd be happy to stay here too, work in the docks to earn my keep and study... I don't really know much about being a Jedi, but even if I find him or not... I think I had best learn."

No definition of who 'he' was. Just an adamant desire to learn.

His days in the spotlight were behind him, and for that, Master Starchaser was grateful. Keeping the galaxy from tipping into chaos. Now he was ensuring that the knowledge of the light side, of the Jedi, and their allies were protected. He continued to strike at the darkness when it was the familiar enemy, or when he could properly support those leading the charge. To him, his goal now was to protect and advise, and direct.

"Your father, unpredictable? Yeah… that's probably one of the best words for your old man."
Coren smirked at that. "Nah, he's not dead. Just…" He leaned his head side to side. "On a walkabout." Or whatever proper space jargon was for that. "I'll tell you he is one of, if not my closest of friends."

As he spoke, he realized he was promising to help with the ship and quieted up his retort about her father. "Accipter… Always better to grab one of those before it goes to scrap. And if you are anything like the Corellian your father is, we can use you here. Tell you what, I can get someone to work on the tracker and IFF, I'll get a message to your father, and in the mean time, no stress, you can work the docks, we have explorer and more… combat explorers coming here, dropping off cargo for sale, and they always need a hand. I can get you a spot on a crew if you'd like?"

It was all very… much for a Jedi, but this was also a civilian dock.

"I tend to go my own way... But... I wouldn't turn down the dock work. And some time learning things about the Force wouldn't hurt me at all."

A message to her father. A chance to learn how to better use the Force. More and more, this was turning from a likely next dead end, to a true opening of the mission she was on. Furtherance of the quest. And possibly, a new direction that might change everything. Regardless, that same comforting, back-of-the-brain feeling that guided her here told her this was the right next step. Maybe her father was dead, or captive. If she couldn't track him down, honoring his name and legacy was the next best thing she could do really. Becoming a Jedi was a good step along that path.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom