Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Long Time Coming

qC8JFYe.png

Objective: Practice hand to hand
Tag: Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren
div-goldiguess.png

Within the newly build great Jedi temple of Coruscant, a lonely padawan hit away at the punchbag in deep concentration. A few days ago he had been caught in the middle of a fight with Kai, a kid who wanted to settle their differences once and for all. In the end, Master Valery arrived on the scene and broke things up, not before they got a few good hits on each other first. Silas himself still had a bruised face from the whole ordeal, and there wouldn't be any doubt Kai would have the same treatment as he did. Either way, it was over now, after that Silas was certain there was going to be no rough seas ahead between them both.

Silas, who was clad in his training shorts and short sleeved top continued to hit away at the soft opponent who didn't hit back. Lately, he had felt more relaxed than he did a few weeks ago. Ever since telling Valery of his troubles, he was able to sleep better and train with more energy in his body. Who knew how bad it could have got if he didn't, but that was something he didn't to think about right now.

He had to focus on the present, and that was to brush up on his hand to hand in his spare time. The crowd at the fight club was right, it did need some work...​

Last edited:

Bri4_1.png

JediD.png

Brianaprof1.png
Wearing: XoXo
Equipment: N/A
Tag: Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

Briana came informed of the 'incident' that'd occurred a few days prior, regarding some of the newer Padawans that'd been brought under Valery's tutelage. The event reminded her of a similar scuffle that had occurred between her and Kensan, leaving the aforementioned Padawan with a black eye, and Briana being dragged in to see Romi Jade afterwards - which hadn't been as bad as what she originally thought. Quite the opposite. It was a learning experience, with the worst of her 'punishment' including mess hall cleaning duties.

The truth of it was, that these things happened. Finding your place amongst your peers was never easy - and if you couldn't find it? Then you made it. Kai, Silas, and many others were figuring it out still.

On that end, Briana was uncertain how she could help, still easing into and accepting where the Force had put her. But there were other areas were she excelled, areas where she knew she could lend some assistance and help ease Valery and Iris' burden.

As Silas's next punch flew, Briana caught his fist. Her brows furrowed some, giving him a light push to see how much he shifted. "You rely too much on your arms when you throw your punches," she admonished, "You need to tighten your core and relax your shoulders." her head tilted slightly and she dropped his fist, giving a slight bow at the waist.

"I'm Briana Sal-Soren. We share a Master." she explained, giving that easy, Corellian smirk. "If you'd like to hit a moving target instead of stationary one, I wouldn't mind volunteering as tribute. What do you say to a little bit of some friendly, hand-to-hand combat?"

JediD.png

Last edited:
qC8JFYe.png

div-goldiguess.png

Silas pulled back his arm to send another strong punch into the bag, only for it to be caught by a person beside him. The teen snapped his head to the figure and grunted lightly when she pushed him on the chest, making move to the side slightly. In silence, he slowly nodded to the woman's tips on how he should properly throw a punch, returning a respectful bow to her. For whatever reason, she did look familiar, and it didn't take long to finally confirm his suspicions of who she was.

"Oh Brianna? it's finally good to meet you. Master Valery always seems to speak highly of your progression" he said to her with the best smile he could muster. Silas still wasn't in the best of moods, but he was willing to train with a padawan as much as he could, especially when they had the same master "I'd love that, I prefer having a partner to learn" he said as he jokingly nudged the punching bag "Unfortunately this bag does not hit back" he said before giving it a final punch and stepping away onto more open ground.

"What are the rules? nothing dirty? no force powers?" he asked curiously with his arms folded, for now, his eyes quickly sizing her up.​

Last edited:

Bri4_1.png

JediD.png

Brianaprof2_2.png

"Does she now?" Briana asked with an amused tone, inclining her head as one manicured brow lofted at him, soon accompanied by a subdued grin that glimmered briefly across her lips. "I guess that means I'd better not disappoint then."

She watched as he gave the bag a final punch before stepping a few feet in front of her on the open mat. "What are the rules? nothing dirty? no force powers?" he asked curiously, sizing her up.

Briana softly cleared her throat, quickly assessing him with a quick bob of her thick lashes. "No, no force powers. No dirty tricks either, and if you pull anything funny... I won't hesitate to break your nose." While there was a degree of lightheartedness to her words, she spoke them with a steel core, making it clear that any nonsense would be swiftly dealt with in short order. "We'll do this as a point based match, nothing below the waist. Three points for any strikes to the neck or face, two for any to the chest, waist, or side. Whomever has the most points after two minutes, wins." She paused, allowing him to absorb the information before continuing. "I'll let you go first. Let's see how you handle me."

JediD.png

Last edited:
qC8JFYe.png

div-goldiguess.png
"No, no force powers. No dirty tricks either, and if you pull anything funny... I won't hesitate to break your nose."​
Silas seemed to smile slightly from the warning and nodded a few times in agreement "I'd never do that Briana, if I do, you even have my permission to do so" he stated, remembering how he had pulled a few dirty tricks when he had a fight with Arlo Renard Arlo Renard on top of the rooftops. After that, he promised himself he'd never stoop that low again. And considering it was sparring, he had every reason not to in order to protect his opponent. A part of him also didn't want to get on her bad side, she was one of Valery's oldest students.

Taking a few steps back from Briana, he took his time to go into an offensive stance, jumping lightly on his feet "That sounds good to me, and please don't take it easy on me" he smirked just before he rushed towards his opponent when both indicated they were ready.

The teen shots forward to the woman and rotated his body to send a swift kick into her midsection, before throwing a flurry of quick and pricise strikes at her face to try and score some early points.​

Last edited:

Bri4_1.png

JediD.png

Brianaprof2_2.png

Briana had been expecting something like this and was pleased with his gusto as he began throwing punches, almost managing to make contact with her cheekbone. The whoosh of air from his fist, grazed across her dusky skin, making her lips quirk upwards into a brief smile, taking note that he'd already started putting those earlier tips into practice as she allowed herself to fall into a deeper level of concentration - the preface of emptiness that was pure Force acceptance, as she'd been practicing these last several weeks.

When he dove for an opposite angle, Briana twirled with grace and deflected his blow easily, landing in an open space where she could engage him - test his limits and observe where he might be lacking. He moved fairly well, showing that he had the aptitude for perfecting these techniques with a bit more practice.

Not that she would expect any less from another one of her own Master's students.

Kicking off the ground, Briana leapt overhead and landed behind him, bringing her leg up to strike as he turned around to meet her, hoping to catch his jaw and drop him to the floor.

JediD.png

qC8JFYe.png

div-goldiguess.png

Silas swung with good technique towards Brianna, one that seemed to impress the woman as one of his shots grazed her cheek. Shooting forwards he kept up the pressure by coming at her from a different angle, but the fellow padawan seemed to have it well under control. She seemed very calm and collected, something that didn't surprise him considering Valery Noble Valery Noble was also her master. Compared to Silas, the woman shared a lot more qualities with Valery than he did.

Kind yet relentless, that's what made them into who they were.

Blocking one more of his attack, she swiftly jumped into the air and landed behind him to throw a kick into his face when he turned around. However, instead of doing what any other person would do Silas suddenly rotated his body and fell to the floor, swinging his foot at the leg that was keeping her up. At the same time, her kick skimmed the top of his head and met nothing but air. If he was going to get a surprise knockdown or get a good headstart, now would be better than ever.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom