Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Long Overdue, But Still....

Kay took in a deep breath and let it out slowly, staring at the holo-emitter in her hand. She sat cross-legged at the base of the trunk of a large tree. One would almost think that she was preparing to meditate, however she wasn't. Kay didn't even want to touch on the Force. Not at this moment at least. Doing so had consequences that she'd rather not have at this current time. So she had drank one of her special teas that removed the Force, just to be sure.

She wanted to seem.....normal.

At least for this recording.

Kay turned on the holo-emitter, plastering on a small smile, although her eyes told a different tale altogether; one of worry, of fear and a hint of anxiety.

~"Hello Cae. I hope that this message finds you well. This isn't something pre-recorded, nor is it some trick. It's really me...I was in the Nether, but now I'm here. I could use your help...Lori doesn't know about me yet, or about me reaching out to you and I'd like to keep it that way for now.. please. I don't expect you to drop everything to look for me, or even that you would want to try. But I'm asking...you to, when you have the time to do so. Just let me know when and I can give you the co-ordinates to fit that time. Thanks. And if I don't hear from you....it's okay. I won't be mad. I could never be mad at you or your sister. I love you too much."~

Kay ended the recording and sent it off to Caedyn Arenais' private channel. Whether or not he'd see it, she wasn't sure. But at least she tried.

Caedyn Arenais

C
~"Hello Cae. I hope that this message finds you well. This isn't something pre-recorded, nor is it some trick. It's really me...I was in the Nether, but now I'm here. I could use your help...Lori doesn't know about me yet, or about me reaching out to you and I'd like to keep it that way for now.. please. I don't expect you to drop everything to look for me, or even that you would want to try. But I'm asking...you too when you have the time to do so. Just let me know when and I can give you the coordinates to fit that time. Thanks. And if I don't hear from you....it's okay. I won't be mad. I could never be mad at you or your sister. I love you too much."~

ydInX44.png

Naboo, Theed City.
The Confederacy of Independent Systems.

6omTtjj.png

Caedyn Arenais had been leading a lecture within the Knights Obsidian Academy during the writing of the above message, a short static transmission that would be received via his personal datapad following the conclusion of the lesson. So many things had occurred in his life, bringing so much change and diversity to his path that even in the short three decades of his lifetime, he would not have anticipated finding himself to be teaching within the Confederacy, and in much the same fashion that he had been taught as a former member of the Je'daii Order.

Of course, among some of the far more severe changes had been the loss of his mother, the closest of his two parents and someone whom he had always been able to speak openly and trust without a shadow of a doubt. Where his relationship with his father had been turbulent, NPC Treasury NPC Treasury Arenais had been the figure of compassion and stability for him and his Sister. Even when she herself may not have felt as much.

Having lost their mother, neither of the Twins could have expected to receive such a message as the one Caedyn found himself scrolling through, subconsciously having stopped in the corridor of the Academy with students and mentors alike trying to move around him in order to get passed the busied facility.

He needed to sit down. To try to wrap his head around the message, and question the legitimacy of the transmission's origin.

Making his way towards the cafeteria where he knew he could find a place to sit and take some time out for himself, the Jedi Knight moved towards the far end of the room and chose a table where he could be alone with his thoughts. Once again, he opened up the list of recent holonet conversations and received messages, reading over that which claimed to be from his Mom, brows furrowed with uncertainty and confusion as he traced every word with a scrutinous eye.

There was no alternative but to respond.

~"This is Caedyn Arenais,

While you claim to be Kay Arenais, I will need more evidence than what you have conveyed via a Holonet Transmission. You have mentioned my Sister, yet knowledge of my family is not a well-kept secret and so I must take caution, no matter how much I would like to read this and take it for truth. Kay Arenais has been deceased for some amount of time, and though I do not discount the possibility, I have yet to be convinced.

If you are who you claim to be, then please provide some form of proof that only Kay and I could verify"~.

Kay leaned back against the tree and waited. Not so much for a reply from Caedyn Arenais may or may not come, but for the effects of the tea to wear off. She didn't want it to wear off too soon, yet she didn't want to just have more to extend the time of it's effects.

At least not yet.

She needed more information first. Both on the tea but also dependant on if she could get help. It was dangerous to try to involve her son, but he was more than capable. She was sure of it.

He had to be....

The forest near her shop was peaceful and quiet. She loved to hear the birds, the breeze and the creaking of the trees. It was comforting and a stark contrast to where she once was.

Her holo-emitter beeped, bringing up a reply. Kay leaned forward then, watching the message unfold. He needed proof. Good. That caution was a good sign. And it was expected.

~"Cae, your caution is well placed and wonderful. It's good to know that you haven't grown to just jump into everything like Lori tends to do. ...You ask for proof and I have much to give. I sent you and Lori off to the Sanctuary of the Elders to retrieve some items of your Father's. And then later we opened your Father's holocron and saw more than we bargained for. I do hope that it's still safe. Has he....ever come back again? Either to you or Lori? Maybe I shouldn't ask that. And I wasn't Kay Arenais before the explosion. I had divorced beforehand because I was embarrassed about myself and felt as though I was just holding him back and bringing him down....He didn't need me to sully his reputation, nor did I want to be selfish and have him look after me when the Galaxy needed him more. He went Dark when he took time away from the Galaxy to focus on us. I didn't want that to happen again...Is that enough? Or do you need more?"~

Caedyn Arenais

C
~"Cae, your caution is well placed and wonderful. It's good to know that you haven't grown to just jump into everything like Lori tends to do. ...You ask for proof and I have much to give. I sent you and Lori off to the Sanctuary of the Elders to retrieve some items of your Father's. And then later we opened your Father's holocron and saw more than we bargained for. I do hope that it's still safe. Has he....ever come back again? Either to you or Lori? Maybe I shouldn't ask that. And I wasn't Kay Arenais before the explosion. I had divorced beforehand because I was embarrassed about myself and felt as though I was just holding him back and bringing him down....He didn't need me to sully his reputation, nor did I want to be selfish and have him look after me when the Galaxy needed him more. He went Dark when he took time away from the Galaxy to focus on us. I didn't want that to happen again...Is that enough? Or do you need more?"~

The response from NPC Treasury NPC Treasury did not disappoint; It was his Mother, this he was certain.

How she was still alive however was something he did not know, nor did Caedyn understand why she was reaching out to him now after so long. So much had occurred in his life, it was difficult to know just how long it had been since he and his Sister had lost their Mother, but here in this moment, it was easy to question what could have led their own Mom to avoid contact and continue to allow the twins to believe she was deceased.

One thing Caedyn did understand about their Mother however was that trouble easily found her. She didn't go looking for it, but it always managed to find a way into her life and with the message lighting up the screen of his Datapad, he figured it was some sort of trouble that had led her to reach out to him again after so long.

In the quiet of his private table away from the others within the cafeteria, Caedyn tried to find the appropriate words to respond back to Kay with. It wasn't easy of course, as his mind was racing with questions, assumptions and the sheer disbelief of what was happening. Where was she, where had she been all this time? Surely not that same old tea shop she had years ago?

He glanced up briefly at the thought. She had always kept it relatively private and off the grid.

Tapping upon the datapad screen, he began his response.

~"What you've said is plenty enough.

I want to understand, but I have a feeling you will explain things when we meet. You'll have to forgive me for the inevitable questions, but as of right now I am here for whatever you need.

This is all rather difficult to wrap my head around, but after having witnessed the nether, it's not out of the realm of possibility. I will meet you with an open mind.

You've been sorely missed, Mom.

Awaiting your coordinates,

Caedyn Arenais"~.

It didn't take long for his response to come through. Caedyn Arenais was paying attention now and that was good. She couldn't keep Mayhem at bay for too long without his suspicions as to what she was up to starting to take shape.

And so her response was short but sweet:

~Thank you, Cae. I will explain what I can when you are here. However much that you and your sister have missed me, know that that feeling is ten times stronger for me. I hope to see you soon.~

Mere seconds later the co-ordinates for her tea shoppe on Altiria/Anarris was sent to him. Kay shut off her holotransmitter then and pocketed it before getting to her feet. The tea was going to wear off soon....

After dusting herself off she walked around the tree and picked up her herb basket that she had placed there a while earlier. It was filled with a bunch of herbs and tree leaves, even some fruits and berries that she had collected as her cover story if she needed it. At times she had questioned her own sanity, of which had been proven to be unstable a few times in her life. But now she was hopefully going to get some validation and help from her eldest. He was his Father's son and without Veiere to turn to, he was all that she had to help keep her grounded.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Altiria, otherwise known as Anarris.

Caedyn was surprised to discover that his Mother had resumed her life there on the World she'd been known to reside prior to her would-be demise; Although it wasn't as though NPC Treasury NPC Treasury hadn't been cautious about who she allowed discovering her whereabouts, her Son still wondered the number of persons who were close to their family and were aware of the tea shoppe Kay had established there in a previous bid to start anew.

His response this time was even shorter than her own, confirmation that he would be visiting her in the immediate future and that he would notify her further when he had arrived within Altiria's System, giving her adequate warning before arriving upon her doorstep.

Between the time of their communication via the holonet, Caedyn would, unfortunately, find himself waylaid due to the request of a friend of Loreena's. The irony was uncanny, and it made the Galaxy seem that much smaller, yet after meeting with Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen and then making a short visit to Alderaan, Caedyn would then have wrapped up any loose ends before heading for Altiria intent on meeting with his Mother and discerning the potential trouble she was in that had justified her to drop her cover in want of his help.

She would of course have always wanted to reach out beforehand, this Caedyn knew well, yet to do so would be opening herself up to a great deal of risk and this was something he also understood to be especially important to his Mother. She preferred the solitary life these days, keeping her head down it seemed.

"This is Caedyn Arenais of the Repertoire, sending word ahead to Sphaera Tea Shoppe" Caedyn purposefully avoided the use of Kay's name as he sent out the long-range transmission now with Altiria within line of sight of the starships cockpit; "I'm inbound and will be planetside in roughly twenty minutes. See you soon".

In the time inbetween, Kay had done not a whole lot. She kept to her chores, her business and collected her supplies both in the woods and in the market when she needed them. Her day-to-day was always similar and there was at least some comfort in that. It gave her a small sense of normalcy in an otherwise strange existance.

The message that Caedyn Arenais sent was well received. At least for the most part. Her eyes darted around briefly before she began preparing a special brew of her tea that numbs out Force abilities for a time.

~What are you up to, Kay-Kay? You have me intrigued.~

"Nothing really. Just having a chat and I don't want you to interfere. That's all." Kay decided to go with a partial truth instead of outright lying. Not that she was ever good at lying anyways.

~A chat about what? Attempting to block me out will only make me more.....curious.~

"You'll find out later. If there's no good news then there's no point in telling you, right? I just need to be able to focus and you make it difficult." She could feel his breath on her as he kept close while she brewed her tea. The water was ready and the leaves needed only to steep. "You make me look insane when people see me talking to nothing."

Mayhem's manic laughter rang out as he faded from her mind on his own accord. ~We're all insane Kay-Kay....~

She took in a deep breath and let it out slowly before cupping the hot mug in her hands and sipping the tea. It wouldn't take too long for the herbs to do their work and by then her son will have arrived.

Then the countdown would begin.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Altiria was a sight to behold, a familiar one at that after such a long time spent away; Caedyn had never expected to return there after learning of their Mother's demise, her death had rocked both he and his Sister, so much so that the thought of returning to a place such as this was quickly culled from his interests for fear of invoking the grief that had taken so long to rise above...

...-And yet here he was, the Jedi Knight feeling ever so much like a younger inexperienced boy standing before a vision of the past that made him feel so small inside for what it represented, what truth it symbolized. His Mom had been alive all this time and he'd somehow been utterly blind to it, not even a whisper or tremor in the force between them.

Placing his left hand against the wall of the shop's exterior, Caedyn's eyes closed, drawing in upon the force and seeking to feel out everything within the establishment to be certain this wasn't some kind of trick. There was no presence to be felt inside, not a single one. His brows furrowed in confusion, as according to NPC Treasury NPC Treasury , this was the place to meet. She however wasn't new to the force in any sense, having practised her own particular talents long since before he was born, Caedyn couldn't discount the likelihood that she was ensuring her cover maintained.

Stepping closer towards the entrance, he wrapped upon the door a few times with the bottom of his closed fist. Heavy thumps so that she would hear him, yet also revealing his presence in the Force openly in strength that she might at the very least sense his arrival were that still within her power to do so.

Tempted to speak up, Caedyn decided against it. He wouldn't enter without invitation, nor make any further gesture that might endanger and leave himself open to an ambush of some kind. Theirs was a family not well-liked by all and using his mother's identity in order to get to one or more of them was a possibility that had crossed his mind far too often upon the venture there.

Being disconnected from the Force gave her a disadvantage. She couldn't reach out and sense the presence of anyone. However Kay was used to that, having often times shrunken down her Force signature while in the presence of other political figures back when it was important that she do so. Back then Force Users were forbidden to serve in the Senate and she had broken that law.

Times had changed now, or so she suspected at least.

Kay was just staring at the fire as the knocks came, lost in her own little world for a moment in time, so they startled her enough to nearly drop her cup of tea. The liquid sloshed around, spilling some of it on her hand and apron. She got to her feet and sighed to herself, wiping down what she could with her dry hand.

"Come in!"

She didn't know quite what Caedyn Arenais would expect to see; but here she was, a younger version of herself from when the Sith lay siege on Commenor, wiping away at the mess that she had made.

Clumsy, clumsy, clumsy...

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn pushed open the entrance to the Sphaera Tea Shoppe expecting to see his mother as she had last been, but much to his astonishment instead found her to be looking far younger than he had recalled. In fact, she almost looked to be closer to his own age than was naturally possible, causing the man to physically falter in his step, blinking a couple of times as if to get a second look at her and confirm what his eyes were telling him.

"Mom?" He questioned rhetorically. It was certainly her in appearance, though not as she had been. Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim quickly came to mind and the time where she had deceived Caedyn to be someone else, a shifter who had 'run into him' on Commenor some years ago now.

Something had happened, though perhaps not as definite as death but something that had led to the rejuvenation of her physical self if the woman standing before him truly was his mother, NPC Treasury NPC Treasury Arenais. She had given him the right answers to his doubts previously over the comms, but now that he was standing before her, and she not what he had anticipated, it was difficult not to feel that apprehension to believe again.

"You'll forgive me if I don't jump to hug you right away...-This isn't what I expected" Caedyn pointed out, standing in the doorway still, hesitant to enter further for the possibility of an ambush was still entirely plausible.

Caedyn Arenais was older than she had expected. Yet a lot of that age was held within his eyes.

Kay stopped wiping her apron and then proceeded to scratch at an imaginary itch on the back of her neck; an old habit that still remained whenever she was a bit nervous.

"Life is full of the unexpected, and so is what happens after that. But come on in. Shall I fix you some tea? Or caf? I don't know what your habits are these days." She headed over behind the counter and started to get the kettle out to fill it. Right now she didn't need anymore tea as the countdown wasn't over yet. "I'm glad you could make it. I can imagine that you're quite busy. There's always a war or two going on. Thankfully it's never come here." Otherwise she'd have to pack up and move away. She didn't want to fight and had no reason to do so outside of protecting her house.

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Stimcaf for me, please" Caedyn replied apprehensively; "Have you created an age-altering brew of tea?" he asked, still trying to make sense of his Mom's appearance. Given how much time had passed, and now whatever changes had occurred to NPC Treasury NPC Treasury to make her appear as she was, the two looked almost around the same age group.

"Thankfully my time spent fighting in wars has decreased. I seem to be teaching nowadays, more often than not" he spoke following the mention of battles present and past. The Galaxy was a chaotic and violent place, this was true at times, yet Caedyn could thankfully report that his recent years had been more peaceful than those beforehand.

"I tend to do a lot more travelling, and my services are provided to various different social circles now. The Outer Rim Territories, Ossus Praxeum and the Knights Obsidian among others" so much had changed since they last spoke. Caedyn had still been in full-time service within the Order of the Silver Jedi last they shared a cup of tea together.

"And yourself? There's at least one story I can imagine waiting to be told".

Kay started to prepare the stimcaf as Caedyn Arenais had asked. She kind of figured that would be his preferred choice, but people tend to change....

At his comment about her youthful appearance, she let out a light chuckle as she continued with her duties, keeping her back to him as she did so, when really her mind was reeling over a mile a minute, trying to figure out the best way to approach this. Over many days she had gone over it all in her mind as to what to say to her children, but imagination and reality were two vastly different things.

"Teaching? That's interesting." And much like his father. As much as Caedyn hated to admit it, the two of them were a lot alike. At least in her eyes...

"I'm afraid that I haven't heard of them. I'm a bit out of the loop, as you can imagine. And it's so quiet here that the turmoils of the Galaxy never come, so it's quite safe." Her words were spoken as she carried the cup over to him before inviting him to have a seat at one of the tables after handing it over. "It's been quiet, as I said. But yes, there's at least one tale for you...." Kay took her own seat and folded her hands on top of the table as she looked directly into her son's eyes. "My death wasn't fake. It really happened... Ghorua the Shark Ghorua the Shark found me in the Nether and brought me out. It's a little funny with that, given how I appear, yet people and ourselves tend to remember us at a certain age the most. I can't even begin to understand the workings of it, but this is how I looked when I got out. I can imagine that it'll be the same when I go back." She knew that she didn't belong here and that it would be only a matter of time before she went back through the nearest gate.

But of course she had something to do first...

"I just have an issue that needs to be taken care of before I'm forced back and I can't really do it alone...."

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Teaching? That's interesting. I'm afraid that I haven't heard of them. I'm a bit out of the loop, as you can imagine..."

Caedyn imagined his Mother having indeed heard of them, though under a different name as opposed to the details one learned when visiting the Confederacy of Independent Systems. "The School of the Lotus and the Knights Obisidian are part of the Confederacy of Independent Systems" Caedyn informed her. He could recall a time where she and his father had questioned the Confederacy during former times of war and conflict. From what he could recall, they judged the Confederacy harshly and Caedyn himself knew the Confederacy held a very controversial history depending on one's point of view.

"My death wasn't fake. It really happened... Ghorua the Shark Ghorua the Shark found me in the Nether and brought me out. It's a little funny with that, given how I appear, yet people and ourselves tend to remember us at a certain age the most. I can't even begin to understand the workings of it, but this is how I looked when I got out. I can imagine that it'll be the same when I go back.".

"A few years ago I wouldn't have been able to recognize the significance of the change that comes with experiencing the nether realm, yet I myself have been there, and so I do understand the possibility of things unnatural can skyrocket when compared to the physical plane" Caedyn replied, his tone bereft of any frustration or annoyance as one might expect. The news of his Mothers death being legitimate was a sad fact, however, something that he had also managed to, with time and a lot of struggling, come to accept and move past. To see her there before him now, in the present, alive and well was far more of a shock, and a good one at that.

"I can't tell you how glad I am to see you alive and well," Caedyn told NPC Treasury NPC Treasury , looking at her with a heartfelt smile. "Loreena would love to see you too" he added, not thinking of his Mom's desire to remain anonymous but thinking first of his Sister and how ecstatic she would be to learn of their Mothers return.

"I just have an issue that needs to be taken care of before I'm forced back and I can't really do it alone....".

Caedyn stopped talking as soon as he realized what his Mom had said; "Before you're forced back?..." He asked rhetorically. Caedyn knew that he had heard her correctly, and yet he still didn't wish to believe it. "So this isn't permanent?" He soon asked. Suddenly he could understand why it had been so difficult for Kay to contact him, and why she didn't want his Sister to learn of it.

"Oh..." The CIS. However did he fall into their hands? They were backstabbers, hypocrytes and a thousand other things that couldn't be trusted at all. And yet Caedyn Arenais was among them. She stared at her hands and figured that whatever her children did, she had no power or say in any of it. They were adults and she wasn't supposed to exist right now. Her words were useless just as she was.

"You've been to the Netherworld? It's good that you came out unscathed. Yet I suppose that we've gone to different parts. Some are lovely while others are a thing of nightmares." Before her death she had been to the Netherworld twice to bring people out that weren't supposed to be there. Yet it never occured to her that she'd end up being pulled out of there at some point too. But then again she was never good at predicting the future. Otherwise things would have been much much different.

Kay sat back in her chair, sliding her hands along the tabletop until they rested in her lap. It took a moment for Caedyn to figure out why she hadn't reached out to Lori, but he did get there in the end.

"I don't belong here, Cae. I'm not supposed to be. I don't even think of myself as being alive right now. It's just some cruel illusion. I should be back in the Netherworld paying for my crimes for eternity just as I was meant to and had begun to do before I was pulled out." And how long before some police force was made that would collect Netherworlders and send them back home was created? No doubt that process had already begun, and then she'd have to live on the run again. If she had to do any running at all, it should be in the Netherworld.

"An old rival of mine from before I met your Father is waking up from a very deep sleep, and I need to find him and prevent that from happening. He needs to stay asleep." Killing him wasn't an option, for just like her, he could probably return from the Netherworld too.

Caedyn Arenais

C
"You've been to the Netherworld? It's good that you came out unscathed.
Yet I suppose that we've gone to different parts. Some are lovely while others are a thing of nightmares."
"It wasn't an easy experience, but Veiere was there with me" Caedyn replied softly. He wouldn't go into details unless NPC Treasury NPC Treasury had the will to ask, though the fight against OMNI and his cybernetic consumption of souls was anything but pretty; It certainly wasn't the vision of an afterlife that Caedyn wished to wind up in. They had however succeeded in staving off the oppressive being, at least for the time being.

"An old rival of mine from before I met your Father is waking up from a very deep sleep,
and I need to find him and prevent that from happening. He needs to stay asleep."
So there was another battle to be had. The news caused Caedyn's expression to falter; He was growing tired of the constant fight. It didn't seem to matter where one travelled in the Galaxy, for there was always a fight to be waged, and more work to be done, never seeming to be enough to bring lasting peace.

"This is someone from before you two met?" Caedyn asked rhetorically, repeating what she had clearly said yet wanting more details with obvious concern. "You've never really talked to me about life before Commenor" he added. It had never really been something of a discussion he had raised with her either.

"Who is this person?".

"Your father was there? I thought he had vanished forever..." It seemed that way when she had last seen him; done so in such a way that it seemed as though she'd never come across him in any way whatsoever ever again. A lot of things had disappeared on her, and a lot of people. Even before her death everyone had moved on and far away, leaving her in the dust, forgotten and forsaken. So there was no desire to reach out to anyone else. Her requests would have just fallen on deaf ears....

Kay couldn't pretent to know what Caedyn Arenais had experienced in the Netherworld for each area was different. She didn't come across OMNI or anything else that would have threatened her if they wanted. She was as much a ghost in death as she was in life. It was almost ironic given that in her younger years she could hardly get a moment to herself. But ever since Commenor was defeated, she had an abundance of time alone. It was of course her punishments for her crimes and defeat.

She saw and felt the change in him the moment that she had started to explain, and that wasn't good. It drew upon her an instant regret at having pulled him into this. Failure would come at a heavy cost and she couldn't risk it, for it wouldn't be fair to him.

"Lord Mayhem. He's an Atrisian scientist; a mad genius as it were. When I was young he liked to test out my healing abilities and did a lot of experiments that weren't so nice. But you know......maybe this isn't for you. I don't need him to get a sense of who you are. Maybe if you could just teach me to fly my ship, then I'll strike out on my own and then nobody gets hurt." That could be a good cover, once her tea wears off, that is. Then Mayhemcould be none-the-wiser.

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Dad passed on into the force, which the Jedi say as a means of passing on into the afterlife. The Force connects both the spiritual and physical worlds to one another, and so even within the Netherealm, the Force exists and connects people. Master Thurion Heavenshield taught me how to commune with Dad, to reach out and bridge that connection within meditation" Caedyn explained, making it sound far less complex and difficult than it really was in practice.

"But you know......maybe this isn't for you. I don't need him to get a sense of who you are...".
"Don't be silly" Caedyn cut her off quickly, his tone calm but not wanting her to entertain such a thought any further; "Of course I'm going to be there to help you. You're my mother, and you'd do the same for either of us" he was, of course, referring to not only himself but @Loreena Arenais as well.

The fact that Caedyn was feeling discouraged by the state of the Galaxy was not enough to stand in the way of his love for his mother, nor his ability to be there for her when she needed someone the most. His father couldn't be the one to help her, so he would of course be there for their family.

"You made it sound like he hasn't resurfaced yet? That he's coming back, this...-What was his name? Mayhem?" Caedyn frowned a little. It wasn't the silliest name he'd heard but it sounded more like an alias than a real name to go on.

NPC Treasury NPC Treasury

Kay nodded a little. She understood plenty, however when Veiere had said goodbye, there was such a permanence to it that she had never given the concept of trying to reach out a chance. The severing of their Force Bond did more than heartbreak ever could.

Ghorua the Shark Ghorua the Shark and a shell of herself had found her in the Netherworld, guided by feelings and the Force. She couldn't ask for the Herglic's help in this, at least not at this moment. Only if she failed....

Caedyn Arenais voiced his determination to help, although she was still figuring out just how deep he should get involved. Why hadn't she figured out sooner? Well she couldn't even try. It was too dangerous to have that line of thinking.

"I will need to learn to fly my ship, regardless, just in case something happens to you or anyone else. And no, he hasn't woken up yet. But he's close..." Kay tapped one side of her temple. "As time passes, his power grows. Something caused him to stir and I don't know what that is. I don't want too. My only business right now is to keep Lord Mayhem from waking up." The Galaxy would be safer that way.

Hopefully Caedyn wouldn't think she was crazy...

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn frowned. Not only due to what his Mom was telling him, but also the feeling that this had been discussed before. Was it a sense of deja vu or had they bordered upon this conversation in the past? "Mayhem is a...-Person in your head" Caedyn reiterated, to ensure that he did indeed understand that one fact before moving forward.

"You've met this person before, in real life right? Before meeting Dad back in the day?" Caedyn asked further, trying to ascertain what sort of capabilities such a figure or spirit might hold over her and just how possible it would be for him to make a full physical return or to otherwise use his mother's body as a vessel, taking control.

"When did he first show back up?" he questioned, feeling as though right now that was about all he could do. He needed details in order to know how to approach such a situation. That was unless his Mom had an idea already.

NPC Treasury NPC Treasury

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom