Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lonely In Your Nightmare

"No."

Connor spoke bluntly.

"Your husband is in this situation because of his own ambition for power. It is you who has enough to deal with. Not him."

He held her gaze a little longer, as if his reaffirming incline of the head was a stark reminder of their situation.

"I will leave you be, for now. I shall take a walk around the outer yards to simply get a feel for things. See the presence of any troopers, officers or citizens. When and if I find more, I will let you know. In return, all I ask if that if you speak my name, you speak it with a quiet confidence. The old Connor Harrison is not who you're dealing with now, your Highness."

Pulling his crimson cowl around his side, Connor walked across the room with a quiet peace about him. The first steps had been taken, and it felt good. As he rested his hand on the door latch, he turned once more to the Queen and offered a genuine small smile.

"At least you didn't slap me."

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay furrowed her brows as [member="Connor Harrison"] seemed adamant that she tell Veiere about his return to their territory, yet she said nothing. It seemed as though they'll just agree to disagree. She'll tell her husband when she deemed it right to do so, not before. The last thing that she needed was for him to worry about her.

She then nodded as he had turned to go, his request being a simple enough thing to do. By all accounts Connor seemed more....at peace with himself. And that left him with a different aura. Kay only hoped that this new path would serve him better. "I will. And thank you."

She retook her seat and as she was doing so, Connor made the little quip about her not slapping him. Kay laughed a little, that one line lightening up her mood some. Good. She could laugh, could still find humour. All was not lost. Just that thought alone gave her a bit more confidence in herself.

Thank the Force.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom