Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech LLD1-a1 ECM Drone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
ecmdrone.jpg

Image Source: Link
Intent: Develop an advanced ECM Drone for Select Customers of Lucerne Labs.
Development Thread: If Needed
Manufacturer: Lucerne Labs
Model: LLD1-a1
Affiliation: Galactic Republic, Rebel Alliance, Silver Sanctum Coalition
Modularity: Software - Programmable electronic countermeasure suite
Production: Minor
Material: Deep Space Target Practice Unit, Mimic Sensor Decoy, Copycat Pod
Classification: Fifth Degree
Weight: 1 metric ton
Height: 3 meters
Movement: Ionic fusal drive
Armaments: None
Misc. Equipment:
* Deep Space Target Practice Drone Computer and Transmitter controls Electronic countermeasuere operations
* Mimic Sensor Decoy Brain controls movement
* Copycat Pod controls transponder countermeasures
* Deflector Shielding

Description: The LLD1-a1 utilizes technology from older drones working together to create a superior Sensor Decoy. Built on the frame work of a Deep Space Target Practice Unit, the LLD1-a1 utilizes the powerful transmitter of the DSTU (Deep Space Target Unit) and amplifys the electronic countermeasures of the of both the DSTU and the Copycat Pod.

The LLD1-a1 magnifies the range and effects of the DSTU and Copycat pods Electronic countermeasures creating a Ghost Sensor image with a variable Transponder codes appearing to Long Ranged Sensors as a vessel up to 400 meters in length. [member="Raziel"]

While the holographic projector of the Mimic Sensor Decoy has been bypassed the units droid drain remained in control of the movement of the drone. The computer of the Deep Space Targeting Unit controls the decoy and ECM operations. The Copycat Pod, which piggy backs the transmission of the DSTU and transmits false transponder codes giving pursuing enemy's both the electromagnetic and RF sensor image of what ever decoy needed.

Primary Source: Star Wars Wiki, My Photobucket

[member="Reshmar"]

I'm struggling to follow your description sorry. Could you try and do a bit of re-writing to be explicit on the technology involved in this submission and its purpose?

Does this use holograms for instance, or is it merely a transponder transmitter?

What are the weaknesses of this submission?

[member="Reshmar"]

Some of the technologies you're referencing are really different items doing the same thing. I would suggest keeping them referenced, but removing them from the main text.

Break it down into what this submission actually does.

i.e. This drone uses a series of transmitters to effecitvely mimic....This uses a holographic projector to....

You'll need to limit this to being able to mimic a fighter or small freighter. Anything larger would be too noisy to effectively mimic given the power output something this small could manage.

This sub is good, just needs a little more work :)

ADM. Reshmar

Raziel said:
You'll need to limit this to being able to mimic a fighter or small freighter. Anything larger would be too noisy to effectively mimic given the power output something this small could manage.
The Cannon Deep Space targeting unit could create the signature of an Entire fleet. Also I am not using the Holographics.

I will re-write this later but if i'm limited to a fighter scale for the unit it is not worth the time.

[member="Reshmar"]

I'd be content to have something project larger, but not without being relatively easy to spot the ruse with military sensors at a reasonable range.

ADM. Reshmar

It would only fool long ranged sensors. as soon as something got close enough to see what it should be it would be very evident that it was a ruse. it woul dnot fool sensors that detect things like ion signature or gravametric signature at any range. I will write that into my description if you think that is enough and I am open to limiting it to a 400 meter signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom