Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Living with a Lost Cause.

"Uh... No. Just sand," Corvetta replied to the blonde's question, attempting to casually move along and avoid an interrogation about where she had procured the baked food. Kohai could have it if she wanted. She had not stepped on the biscuit, but the pilot preferred things more in the area of wheat grains and not sand grains.

Scuffing along through the sand, Corvetta followed Robb's and Davik's lead as they entered Moss Entha, feeling a little suffocated as all sorts of peddlers swarmed around them. It was starting to get hot enough without the extra body radiation. Could people not just leave them alone? This never happened on spaceships.

Slaloming her way through the congregation of low-lives, the astral navigator came alongside the shadiest of her crewmates. "So, Killer..." she started off, her tone obvious in its intent at proposal--probably an uncomfortable one, too. "Do you know your way around this place? 'Cause I was thinking you could use somethin' fun... like karaoke. Ya know?" She grinned and nudged Robb playfully before taking a look back to see if Kohai and Davik were keeping up. "Gotta yank ya outta that socket of yours."

[member="Kohai Drenn"] [member="Davik Tren"] [member="Robb Killian"]

Robb was having a difficult time concentrating as the group made its' way through the market. At first he had denounced the sound as mere background noise, but the closer he came to the source, the more he recognized the sound. No... He craned his neck to get a better view of the source. It can't be... The noise grew louder as he approached. It had been so long, yet this was a sound that you couldn't simply forget. A glorious sound, it reverberated against Robb's eardrums like the sweetest of music, like the rhythm of a lover's heartbeat, it was a sound that had stuck with him throughout his life.

Just then a gap formed in the crowd, offering Robb a brief view of an adjacent alley, an the source of his distraction. ...it is! Behind a group of local toughs, a pair of of Silk-6 Swoop Bikes hovered in park, engines humming their siren song, red paint shining brilliantly in the morning suns. They could have been twins of Robb's old model, lost in a past not so long forgotten.

Then, as suddenly as he had seen them, they were gone. Lost once again in the crowds as his feet took him down the road and the echos of his past drifted further and further away. Robb sighed internally as he began waxing nostalgic, so lost in his own world that he didn't even notice as Corvetta made her way to his side.

Her voice brought him back to reality. "So, Killer..."

I know that tone...

"Do you know your way around this place? 'Cause I was thinking you could use somethin' fun... like karaoke. Ya know?"

Karaoke?! Me?! You must be joking....please be joking...

She nudged his arm lightly, the friendly gesture eased his nerves a little, despite her horrifying notion. "Gotta yank ya outta that socket of yours." He looked sideways at her, caught her grinning at him and, to his personal surprise, he found himself grinning back. There had been a long stretch of Robb's life where he hadn't smiled often, but he was beginning to find that, when among his crew, he smiled more often.

Robb turned his attention back to the path before them as they continued their walk. If i'm not careful I'll start going soft around these guys. Robb wasn't sure whether to be glad or worried at the prospect. If that happens they'll stop calling me 'Killer' and switch to something worse... like 'Fluffy' . Robb shuddered at that thought, if that happened he might have to kill something on principal. One step at a time.

He turned his head slightly so Corvetta could hear him better over the sounds of the market. "I like my 'socket', thanks...and besides, if I sang karaoke the suns would probably implode and we'd never get back to the 'Cause' ." Robb looked back over his shoulder, catching a hint of red, shining against the dust. Robb's gaze returned to Corvetta, his blue eyes sparkled and his grin broadened with mischievous intent. "But...if you're looking for something fun to do...I think I have an idea."

[member="Corvetta Salvo"] [member="Davik Tren"] [member="Kohai Drenn"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom