Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Living Like We're Renegades (Open to All)

KitKat

Chandrila

Supply runs were so boring. It was good experience for young padawans, so the older Jedi always seemed to send them, but Kit wanted action and adventure! Like so many young persons she was eager to make her mark on the galaxy. She was currently standing by the ship, which was parked in a grassy plain outside of one of the cities. Her blaster was in her hand and she was aiming it at small rodents and pretending to shoot them. "Pew Pew. Gotcha." She blew on the blaster for show and spun it in a circle before holstering it at her side. "Fastest guns in the west!"

A few other padawans were standing around with her. Some were meditating, while others were reading their datapads. Kit sighed and leaned against the ship. "This is so boring."

"Being a Jedi isn't always going to be exciting you know." A small Tweilik padawan named Brin chirped up, opening her eyes from meditation for a moment. "You should be meditating."

"Meditating is boring too." She flipped on the radio and sighed. "Why couldn't we go into the city?"

"Because we were told to stay and learn restraint" said Brin wisely. Kit rolled her eyes.

Emergency broadcast... calling all available units... a cave has collapsed, trapping mine workers. All units to the southridge caves... use caution.... mine gasses are flammable...

Kit sat up with excitement. "Hey we are right near those caves! We should go help!"

"No. We should wait for the knights to get back."

"Oh come ON. They wouldn't want us to ignore cries for help would they?"

The other padawans looked uncertain.

"Well I'm going!" She jumped up exciteldly and got into the speeder. The others looked nervously before joining her in the speeder and zoomed off towards the caves.

Jada Raxis

-Take me out, to the Black-
[member="Kitrine Corsair"]

Chandrila, Nearby

How she even ended up on this side of the verse was a mystery to the spacer woman. One week of scouting hyperlanes for pirates, then a landing for a refit. It had all lead to massive night out on the town, which rewarded her with a splitting headache as the night of debauchery and such wore off. She was still finding cans of something with a label that read, "Hyperspace Ram!" all around her ships interior.

How'd I even get back from the bar?

She brushed that question aside as she leaned against the hull of her vessel, datapad in one hand and caf in the other. She took a sip, and then coughed as the data pad vibrated, startling her.

"Mine shaft collapse eh?"

Why now, and today of all days!!!
I gotta wait here, need to sign for that part....
No you dont....
Eh.....

"Feth it."

She dropped the datapad onto a crate nearby and hit the hatch button. Hydraulics whirred as it rolled up, and she slammed the last of her caf, feeling the liquid fire thunder through her veins, awakening her nerve endings.

"Ok let's do it."

A few moments later and she was on a speeder bike in full kit headed towards the distress.

KitKat

The small group made it to the outside of the mine well before any of the authorities because they were so close. Kit brought the speeder to a stop and jumped out, excitement all over her face.

"Maybe we should wait for the local authorities to get here?"

"We can't wait while people are in trouble. Come on!"

Without further ado she marched into the entrance. The collapse was deep inside but the dust and gasses were already rising. She coughed as soon as she got the scent, but valiantly marched on. She could hear in the distance others were starting to join and figured they would all meet up down inside the mine.

Jada Raxis

As soon as she arrived the authorizes were already setting up a barrier line. She approached, helmet in hand.

"Excuse me miss, been an accident. Stay back please."

She nodded, piercing the scruffy security officers eyes with her own deep brown.

"I know. I'm here to help. Captain Jada Raxis, of the Quantum Cutter."

"And exactly what qualifies you Miss Raxis?"

"I do Zero G rescues in space, and salvage for a living. So yeah, that'd be about the same as this, wouldn't ya think?"

He extended his own hand to shake hers, and nodded.

"Well then Cap'n Raxis, most of the folks are already headed down to the lower levels. Gas leak is in there and highly flammable so be careful what you do and how ya do it."

"Any other pertinent facts?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"None so far."

"Excellent."

She rammed on her helmet, and felt the seals click. A familiar hiss filled her ears as the air pressurized and she stepped down into the mines. Moments later she was in the lower atrium, coming up on a gaggle of folks. She felt out of place in her white spacer armor, but it was good enough to keep the gasses from killing her.

KitKat

As they walked down the main shaft they came to an old and rusty set of lifts. Clearly this was how the workers went down inside the mines. Kit opened the supply closet next to the lift and found portable breathing devices, as well as some hard hats with lights on them.

"We probably better put these on. Can anybody feel if there are living beings down there?" She glanced down the shaft. The lift was currently at the bottom. They would have to call it up.

"Hello?" She yelled down the shaft, unaware that her voice would also echo backwards towards the entrance of the cave.

[member="Jada Raxis"]

Jada Raxis

From the bottom of the shaft she heard a voice call. She felt her in the force too, a light signature, but still young in its grasp. She angled her head up, helmet lamps kicking on to flood upwards.

"Hello? Who's that up there?"

KitKat

to her surprise the answer came from behind them. "We are Jedi! Trying to help the people stuck below."

"KIT! You can't just say you are a Jedi! What if it's a Sith?"

"Don't be silly. What would a Sith be doing here?"

[member="Jada Raxis"]

Jada Raxis

Jedi huh? Didn't know they made it that far.

Her helmet lamps still flooding the shaft she called back up.

"Well come on down then! Not sure how long the rest of the shaft will hold."

She glanced around, trying to get a feel for the place. Her HUD read high chem levels, almost off the chart. Whoever was trapped down here was at the mercy of several factors, most important being whether they had a filtration system or not. Her own helmets was old and rickety and needed replacing. She could see the life bar of the system draining rapid.

Only got thirty minutes of reserve air. That'll have to do.

Miners she noted, typically had some sort of UHF distress beacon, or else they'd be karked in this type of event. But she had no way of reading that frequency.

"Alright then, X Power up."

A large frisbee shaped droid whirred to life, coming up off her back-plate where it had been attached and whirring on repulses just a hair above her left shoulder.

"Find me a terminal buddy, and get me freqs. for all activities on the miner net."

The little Xavinas Class Slicer Droid buzzed off down the shaft...

KitKat

"We are at the lift. There are people down below though. We were going to call the lift up and then go down and get them." Kit called back to where she heard the woman's voice.

A few moments latter the woman was in sight as she neared the lift where surprisingly, four young Jedi were standing. Kit herself was only fourteen and the others didn't even look that old.

"We were just about to call the lift up so we could go to the lower levels and look for survivors."

[member="Jada Raxis"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom