Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My: a Bear Wedding

Kaer Orbital Station, nicknamed Candy Mountain, slowly orbited the gas planet Kaer. Several ships were in states of retrofitting and the crews were climbing over the hulls like angry ants in the war path. Chuckling slightly at the euphemism Muad leaned back in the Nerf sofa and watched out the view port. A liquor cabinet adorned one wall, a massive library of shelves the opposite wall.

Kicking his boots up on the plain coffee table he slowly swirled the tumbler containing several fingers worth of Whyren's Reserve. Two equally plush chairs sat opposite the table. Blue eyes glowed faintly in the semi darkened room as he stared out into space.

A datapad sat on the table, the only thing, other then his boots, that resided there. Sighing he took a draught from the amber liquid before pulling a deathstick from the jacket that lay over the arm of the sofa. On the datapad were two things of import, both of which had to do with the mercenary [member="Sol Damerin"] who had become Muad's friend through a series of interesting and painful events.

A wry grin crossed his face at the memory of the horrid shirt Sol had worn on that first occasion. Sighing once more he thought about the dilemma in front of him. There were two ways to handle it. The first in the typical Muad fashion of destructive mayhem. The other in a more diplomatic fashion. A fashion he believed that his friend would definitely advocate for.

Sighing once more he waited for the other man's arrival.

The summons from Muad reaches Sol as it usually does and like he usually is, Sol is in the ass end of nowhere. One of these days he would have to summon Muad to him, if for no other reason than to kick the man between the legs again. After all, always being the one who need to be called in suggested that Sol didn't have that much going on. To be fair as a mercenary he really didn't have that much going on compared to Muad but that wasn't the point.

Walking into the man's office on Kaer station, Sol would sooner murder Muad than call it Candy Mountain, the mercenary drops into a chair across from the mad Dibb. He gives Muad his habitual flat look as he eyes the other man. Sol could tell something was up which made him raise an eyebrow.

"What is it this time?"

[member="Muad Dib"]

"That's it? No, hey how's it going buddy? No, I like what you've done with the place ... Like not blowing it up? No, kick to the groin? You're slipping old man."

Chuckling he moved to the liquor cabinet and grabbed a whiskey decanter and a glass before moving back to his seat and sliding them both toward the disgruntled looking man. Course, to be fair, [member="Sol Damerin"] always looked disgruntled. Sighing he leaned back and snatched the datapad and his own glass before settling into the opulent cushions.

"Well I have found myself in a conundrum. As you know I've set up shop around Kaer and Derek is doing his talk talk talk, let's have meetings, job as Viceroy on Olanet. Well we have been trying to bring Siskeen into the fold and ..... We've got a small snag."

Grimacing slightly he opened up the documents on the datapad and tossed it, rather forcibly and directly, at the other man's lap. Tossing back the rest of the Corellian liquor he moved once more to the cabinet to top off his glass. Moving back across the room he stood in front of the view port and looked at the stars, specifically toward Siskeen in the distance.

"They have a Union there. Cathar, Togorians, and Balinaka. The Balinaka are the ruling species, but they all work together. I want that planet in the fold, so does the viceroy, and there's two options. The first one is the one I'd prefer ... Take it by force. But Derek is recommending the second option. Bloody imbecile would, cause he's not the one they want."

Turning he looked over to the other man.

"They want an alliance through marriage. See they know my brother is the viceroy. But they come and go. However I have set up shop here. I'm the one known to be ... Less tactful and more direct with my ... Negotiating skills. I'm the one they want."

Moving back to the sofa he plopped down.

"They want me to marry a bloody bear."

"I thought me not kicking you in the groin counted as pleasantries. But if you insist."

Sol begins to stand as though he has every intention of doing exactly what he just implied. However, he relents when he sees the decanter of whisky. As enjoyable as it would be to wallop Muad in the funbag it wasn't quite worth spilling good whisky over. Not yet at least, he'd wait to find out what the other man wanted first then make that judgement call. Absently he wonders if he could haggle to make the kick part of all future work agreements.

This train of thought is derailed when the datapad lands in his lap. Sol looks at his friend and realizes that Muad was actually being serious for a change. That sharpens Sol's concentration and he flicks through the datapad as he listens to Muad explain the situation. He could see how being called to diplomacy would make Muad serious, especially when it was for his brother. However, as he goes through the datapad an ever so slight downward quirking of the lips occurs.

By the time Muad is finished speaking Sol looks up realizing that this is not, in fact, a joke. It was at this point Sol did something he rarely did, he laughed. It wasn't the most pleasant sound in the world, it was a quick raspy bark that sounded a little bit like a rusted gate opening. Appropriate since it so rarely happened. It doesn't last long and the merc doesn't go into hysterics but he does still wear the faintest hint of a grin on his face when he is done.

"Congratulations, looks like you get to kill two birds with one stone. Paying me and securing a diplomatic alliance a real master stroke."

If Muad didn't know better he might have thought Sol was a sith in that instant, since the mercenary was obviously, well for Sol, taking a perverse pleasure in this.

[member="Muad Dib"]

"Have I told you lately that I hate you?"

The sardonic look on his face spoke volumes, but a shake of his head and an exasperated chuckle emerged. Usually it was the other man declaring his hatred for the other. But there was something about their connection that let even the most horrendous of situations seem anything. Even marrying a bear.

"If I find out, in some way, you managed to orchestrate this travesty ... I'll ... I'll ... I'll have some form of vengeance ..."

Shaking his head once more he leaned across the table and snatched the datapad back from the man. Typing a short response he sent the acceptance of the marriage proposal. Taking his glass he tossed the liquor down his throat in a single swallow. Reclining back he looked at the other man.

"What do you want? Yeah, your a Merc. You have your freedom to roam. You train who you want when you want. You can have a dalliance in every port in the Galaxy, if they can get past that face of course. You can be anything, leave your mark on this universe .... But you don't. Why?"

Frowning slightly he looked upon his friend in an actual attempt at conversation and perhaps even looking to understand the other man, if but a bit more. Everyone needed something, were looking for something, even if they denied there very existence of these desires to themselves.

[member="Sol Damerin"]

"You don't have to say it, your actions speak volumes."

Sol notes dryly although the very faintest hint of a smirk can be seen on his face. It should always be remembered that for Sol such a display of emotion was usually rather hard to provoke so it said volumes about the two men's camaraderie that Muad could get a smirk so easily. Then again it might help that Muad had just gotten the first genuine laugh Sol had given in months.

"Considering you marrying this bear is payback for the murder children incident, that seems like a poor idea. Eye for an eye makes the whole world blind as the saying goes."

Leaning back Sol takes a sip of his own whisky. For all Muad's faults at least the man didn't skimp on his liquor. The rare Corellian whisky went down smooth and left a pleasant burn. It was a proper sipping whisky as well, served neat. Sol didn't drink often but he did have an appreciation for good alcohol. Mostly due to some stuff in his past where he'd gone on a fairly epic bender but he would burn down Genosha before he ever shared that with Muad. The mad Dib could never learn of Sol's misspent youth.

"Two reasons."

Sol says, his tone not betraying a flash of surprise that Muad would actually ask a question... like that. Sure they were friends but they were friends in that peculiar way men built friendships without actually sharing details about their lives.

"First, I like being free. I spent my early years thinking I'd spend my entire life in the Jedi order. Following their doctrine, doing their will, obey, serve, and maybe one day I'd be a master and then I could make the decisions. Once I left, I could be whoever I wanted to do whatever I wanted to. I also realized that when you pick a side or make your own when you start claiming things in this galaxy they come to own you just as much as you own them. The power to leave a mark comes with responsibility even if you try and ignore it, it will bite you. Look at you, you have to marry a bear because you have responsibilities."

There is a long pause as he lets this sink in for Muad.

"The other reason is The Force. I go where it tells me to because learning more about it, is what I want."

[member="Muad Dib"]

Listening to Sol, Muad finally lit the deathstick with a snap of his fingers. A blue flame winked into existence and a deep drag filled his lungs. A slow plume of azure smoke drifted toward the ceiling. He understood what Sol was taking about. On many different levels. With a smirk he replied back.

"Technically, an eye for an eye leaves one guy with a single eye. Sight among the blind means he rules the sightless right?"

He chuckled knowing he perverted the ancient saying. Another drag from the deathstick and he continued.

"You know once, a long time ago, I believed exactly as you do. I wanted my freedom. I could do what I wanted wherever I wanted. No ties. No friends. No family. I did whatever hit my fancy. But I was a monster. Nothing like the civilized, sane man that sure before you. I too followed the urging of the Force that whispered to my mind. Aye, but it was tainted with my own darkness. My demons."

Leaning forward he grasped an ashtray from beneath the sofa and set it on the table where he flicked the tip of the deathstick.

"Maybe I was a bit opposite of you. I reveled in my freedom. My master feared me and stopped training me so I went in search of more knowledge, more understanding, more power. I constantly clamored against the council. I was a warmonger because I loved it and it made me feel free. But as time went on I learned that sometimes you can only affect the change needed from a position of authority, of power."

He paused and ground out the stick.

"Yeah .... Responsibilities have me marrying a bear. But if I wasn't in the position I was, one I've made, there would be war. And the innocents are the first to suffer. So because of my responsibilities, because of the fact that I've taken in certain duties, I'm able to do something to stop an intersystem war that could save hundreds of thousands or even millions."

He refilled his glass from the decanter once more.

However, I have learned how to have the power that responsibility brings without being beholden to a ruling government with a leash around my neck. You've done that very same thing. But I have more resources that I can utilize for myself, for the greater good, for the calling of the force."

He paused letting a moment of silence drift between them.

"What if you could have the best of both worlds? Freedom from the rule and opinions of others but the ability and resources to enact change in a situation if needed, a need decided by either yourself or the urging in the force?"

[member="Sol Damerin"]

Bella stared at the black void her connection to Muadie allowing in words and emotions. She blinked and looked away. She must be having a meltdown she could have sworn she heard

MUAD DIB

WEDDING

BEAR

How was that even karking possible? She put two fingers to her brow and focused her enery flowing back along their bond listening again....and this time she heard it again in his thoughts. Bear. Marry a Bear.

She needed a drink. Shaking her head to free herself of the words drifting away from the strand that wove she and Muadie together. No. Nope...She was going to kill him. Yep. That would be the only way....or kill a bear.... yep...that too

She found a bottle of wine pulling the cork quickly with her right hand she brought the bottle to her lips and drew the emerald wine in tilting her head back like some drunken sailor on holiday. She finally stopped and looked around. She wanted to break something.

Where is he? She did not know, far away he felt far away. yes...and just when the feth did he plan on telling her about this? She growled low and deep he's gonna need a bear to protect him from me. She knew what to do.

[member="Muad Dib"]

"Sure until I kick him so hard in the junk he undergoes a spontaneous sex change... Is it too late for you to change the marriage to their prince?"

It was impressive that Sol could say something like that with utter seriousness. If it wasn't for the content one might think he was discussing something actually important... Such as his views on freedom. Conversely, Muad was usually flippant but as he spoke of his past and experiences there was a surprising amount of weight to the words. The mad Dib drew parallels between himself and Sol claiming to have viewed his freedom in much the way Sol did. Of course, Muad had spent his freedom as a Sith would. Cutting a bloody swath across the galaxy in a quest to increase his own power. Sol had kept things relatively quiet by comparison.

Before Muad finished speaking Sol knew the question that he would pose. The mercenary also knew the offer that would soon accompany it. Leaning back in his chair Sol lifted his glass and rolled the amber liquid within. Muad had certainly changed since those days of misspent youth, Sol had a better grasp of his character than the other man might believe. As much as Muad might want other to believe otherwise the mad Dib possessed limits. Lines in the sand that he would not cross, that was why Muad could pursue power so readily yet also consider giving it to a friend. Because loyalty was core to the man's being, even if earning it from him was hard.

"I would say that you misunderstand the nature of power."

Lifting his gaze from his glass Sol stares at Muad.

"Even when you are the one in control it still comes with chains Muad. Everything has a cost."

It was in Sol's estimation the fundamental failing of the Sith. The code by which they lived called for the breaking of chains but so many of them would shatter the ones of their own life to forge them anew. Then again was he really any better? For all his talk of vaunted freedom, he'd forged a few chains for himself. Friends, apprentices, people who could call upon him and he'd answer. Tipping the rest of his glass back Sol drains it in a long swallow before leaning forward and resting it upside down on the table.

"Make your pitch."

[member="Muad Dib"]

"Aye. Power comes with chains. But so does true freedom."

During back he nodded. Sol knew what was coming, he even said so. But even as he opened his mouth to speak he felt a confused rage slip into him. Closing his eyes he stretched out along the bond with [member="Arabella Darkhold"] only to find she had closed herself off. A wry grin crossed his face as he could only imagine what she had sensed from him. A violent Bella would be frightening to see. He'd seen her at work. It both chilled the marrow in his bones and filled him with a perverse anticipation.

Shrugging his shoulders he returned to the present and his friend across the table. A former Jedi, a master of the force, a mercenary, a loner, a man with morals. This was what [member="Sol Damerin"] was. And he was Muad's friend. While Muad may make decisions that were rash and sometimes too destructive, Sol looked at every angle and remembered that life was precious. They were alike, yet their differences were glaringly obvious. And despite their differences they worked quite well with one another.

"Join me. Join the Aegis Corporation. I don't want a peon, nor an employee. I want and need a partner. Someone who can reign in some of my destructive impulsiveness. Someone who can lend another direction to Aegis. Someone who understands that this galaxy isn't black and white, that grey exists. Someone I trust, someone who is a friend."

Closing his glowing eyes a moment he frowned. Admitting weakness was not the Sith way. Sharing power obtained want either. More examples that he was not the man he once was. Opening his lids he looked at the other man.

"Aegis isn't beholden to a government, a Force sect, or some ancient code, or Creed, it is meant to be something more. An Aegis is a shield. And that's what I want for this company. To be a shield. To protect. We have both seen organizations rise and fall, governments crumble, people crying out for help. And yet so many times the innocents are trampled and forgotten by politics, by religious zeal, by big business. I want to make a difference for them."

"This marriage proposal is one way I am doing this. Aegis builds ships, runs independent contractors, mines and processes natural resources. The company is growing. Soon we start building Orbital space stations, both civilian and military defense. With these resources we can start helping those who cannot help themselves. This isn't about the Confederacy. Not the Empire, Republic, or any other government. It's not about the Sith or Jedi. It's about having the ability to help, having the morals to choose the right way to help, and having the leadership to guide Aegis in the right direction."

"My decisions are flawed at times. My experiences and choices would have me act in certain ways that are not always the correct path. I need someone I can trust who can, figuratively, kick me in the balls sometimes. And this will give you the resources to do things you want in a larger scale. To follow your crusty, old heart or the force. Plus, as a partner I reckon you could have part of Candy Mountain."

"This is a chance, for both of us. To forge more chains. But ones of our own choosing. Chains that give us more responsibility, aye. But sometimes there is strength in chains."

Knowing what was going to be said before it was spoken did not lessen the impact of Muad's words. While Sol had only known the man a brief time in the grand scheme of things he knew that such sincerity was likely out of character for Muad. The mad Dib was clearly speaking from his heart. The sheer insanity of the offer, wealth and power a controlling share in a large company for quite literally nothing beyond an agreement to work for it, would have most people champing at the bit. Sol wasn't most people, he did not look enthused by the offer and that was why Muad was making it.

There was truth to what Muad said. Sol was in many ways an excellent compliment to the madman or well not so mad these days. While they both shared similar morales Sol was calm and measured where Muad was brash and arrogant. He was evenhanded looking at the details that would be overlooked while Muad was big picture able to make the galaxy shake. They were akin fire and ice, Sol could cool Muad's temperament while Muad could create a crack in Sol's frozen disinterest and make him act when he'd normally wouldn't. But was that sufficient reason for Sol to accept Muad's offer?

Sol believed in doing the right thing. He would always stand and fight when others might choose to flee. He would help those who were weak against those who would use their strength to dominate. Yet he never actively sought out such situations. He was not a crusader, more an agent of chance. He acted when he saw evil but he did not seek it out. What Muad was offering was the ability to essentially enforce his morals upon a wider scale. Did Sol have enough faith in his moral compass to accept such power? The short answer was no, no he did not. He was fairly certain no man was truly wise enough, good enough, and unbiased enough to hold power without it corrupting them on some level.

When you tried to act with utter moral certainty you soon fell into the trap of bias. You came to believe in your own infallibility, that only you could see the right course for people and from there it was a short path to ruin. Not everyone fell victim to this trap but given enough time it would happen, look at the Jedi order. Perhaps in their time, Aegis would do great good but what would happen to it once Muad and Sol were dead and gone? Would it continue as it was meant to be or would it fall to corruption? Sol didn't know though he expected the latter and thus the question was added to. Did he want a legacy that may turn so sour?

The answer was no, no he didn't. Closing his eyes he steels his nerves letting out a long slow breath. "Fine." The unusual, even for Sol, level of severity of this single spoken word is sufficient to drive home how much he does not want to utter it. He didn't want to be part of Aegis, he didn't want the responsibility, he didn't want to worry about his legacy or mark upon the galaxy. Yet, without him, he knows that Muad's dream will struggle, falter, and perhaps even fail. For the moment, in the now they could do good and that good may not outweigh the potential for corruption but it would be cowardice if Sol did not at least make the attempt. Do what good you can, when you can. Those where the words he lived by, they didn't account for the future only the now and he couldn't let his fear of the former stop him from acting as he knew he should in the latter.

"I don't work for you. You try and tell me what to do and I'll kick you in the balls. If I die, I am taking you out with me. If I think Aegis is getting corrupt I am burning it to the ground. You with it, maybe, I'll play it by ear depends if I can get one of those stupid lizards so it will take. That's my employee contract take it or leave it."

Sol extends his hand to Muad. Let the start of new age being.

[member="Muad Dib"]

"So .... The same stipulations as always, eh?"

With a laugh he reached across the table and grasped Sol's hand in his. A solid grip between the two men. A simple pact but with long lasting and powerful ramifications. Grinning he stood.

"So, tis a joyous day. I have a partner with Aegis, I kept a verbal contractual obligation, stop a potential intersystem war, and marry into a royal house ... What could possibly go wrong?"

Moving across to the desk lining the opposite wall, where the entrance was, he picked up a comlink from the gargantuan desk made of what looked like bulkheads. Opening the correct frequency he spoke.

"Ready the Devil's Flame. I'll be down momentarily for the flight to Siskeen. And I'll be bringing a plus one."

Ending the call he pocketed the comlink and grabbed the sword and jacket that also had been laying in the cold metal desktop. Moving to the exit he looked over his shoulder.

"Coming ... Partner?"

His laughter continued until well after he boarded the ship.

Soaring through the atmosphere the ship pierced the clouds and before them lay the Ice Palace, the ancestral seat of power of the Balinaka, where the wedding was to take place the next day. Ships of all sorts hovered in the skies waiting for landing designations. However the Devil's Flame was given permission to land in the Royal hangers.

In the back Muad watched through a viewport. Even he, a man more akin to fire then ice, had to begrudgingly acknowledge the beauty. As the ship lowered toward a crystalline body of water the man nodded toward [member="Sol Damerin"].

"You'll find this interesting."

Slowly the ship sank into the depths and dropped several hundred meters. As it moved through cavernous tunnels of stone and ice it finally exited. Before them lay a sprawling city beneath the water. As the ship moved toward a building amidst the city Muad watched as several Balinaka swam the frigid waters.

"Interestingly they have gills and lungs. And the cold doesn't bother them."

The ship slowed as it neared what appeared to be a hangar. Easing into the bay it settled on the floor as the massive doors closed, the bulkheads securing against the water. Hidden pumps drained the hangar until the water was gone. The ramp opened and Muad rose, putting on the jacket and placing the sword across his back.

"Shall we?"

Moving down the ramp his boots landed on the floor of the hangar that had cross sections carved into it for better footing. A more thorough examination would see that the grooves also aided in the drainage of excess water. Ahead a delegation of twenty Balinaka, Togorians, and Cathar were crossing toward them.

Sol's hand is taken, shaken, and the pact is sealed. The old mercenary tied his fate with that of the mad Dib. Only time would tell if this choice was a good one or bad. Although he already knew he regretted it. Hopefully, it would stay at the low level of just general regret he always had when dealing with Muad. Could always get worse though, Muad had proven that on multiple occasions all of which came back to the bastard's fashion sense.

They board the shuttle and have a quiet trip to the Ice Palace. Mostly because Sol wasn't much of a talker unless the right topic was brought up and because Muad was clearly pondering his pending nuptials. All Sol knew was that the mad Dib had to both marry and consummate relations with the bear and that made the crusty old merc smile on the inside.

Observing the city as they come in for a land Sol had to admit it was quite the sight. The bear people moving freely through water and land was impressive and their architecture was breathtaking. It would be a lovely ceremony if nothing else. Grunting his consent he joins Muad exiting the shuttle to be met by whatever royal contingent the Balinka sent to meet them. This entire city had no idea the horror that likely awaited her.

[member="Muad Dib"]

Siskeen was kinda nice, Katrine thought as she'd come off the Crimson Shadow, with her holocam safely in hand and her backpack on her back, taking in the sight of the bears going about their business, with only one of them taking a special interest in the blond. Before he'd even asked, Katrine pulled out the invitation, handing it over. His large paws took it from her, giving it a quick look before returning it back to her, then picked up a log sheet. "Katrine Van-Derveld, Confederacy," she said as she poked her head to look at the sheet, though the bear pulled it back for her not to see, still looking at her expectedly.

"Ugh, fine," she finally succumbed and reached for her backpack, digging out her Identichip. She always had it with her, she just never showed it, not anymore. Find it in the mist of her other things, she pulled it out and held it up. Her picture was there, her full name listed. "Okay? I'm a Confederate. Got an invite. I'm here to record the ceremony," she insisted, keeping her hand extended. The bear still checked it against his log, though didn't seem to look further details on the Indentichip before he did finally returned it. "Now, could you be a dear and give me directions to where I need to go?"

~*~​

With instructions given, Katrine had made her way towards the Ice Palace on her speeder, stepping off after giving the large structure a look over. "Pretty," she decided quickly as she reached for her holocam again, inspecting it. It all looked quite nice, not just the structure but the decorations. Admittedly, Katrine had never been to a wedding before so she only had an idea based on the many questions she'd asked her parents and great great great grandparents. Most of them didn't have a clue what to tell her since none of them had been to one. Mother and Father knew, though only by witnessing other people's ceremonies. It sounded weird, for lack of better worse though seeing the decorations, she couldn't deny it wasn't nice. At least this bit. She remembered it sounded complicated when they'd told her, a lot of words, a lot of questions and answers. Their own seemed far simpler and easier for the young Witch to understand. Might have just been her and her ways.

Giving herself a shrug, she focused on the holocam, checking it over again as she'd waited. Seemed mostly quiet still and the time did tell her she was a little bit early. So she'd wait outside. The bears could mind her going inside, she considered, since she'd never been here. She might have been a Confederate and this was Confederacy space but she was fine just waiting outside. Besides, Barika City was beautiful that she didn't mind being here and taking it in. She'd be busy figure out what the hell is going when the whole thing started.

[member="Muad Dib"] [member="Sol Damerin"] [member="Arabella Darkhold"]

(Enhanced Jart tattoo visible on left collarbone)

I'm going to hang him by his toes then peel back each and everyone of his finger nails. Then I'll remove that which he prizes so highly and feed it to the bear....yes that's what I'll do. Bella sat back in her infiltrator and old ship but reliable and she loved it.

Course she loved the madman too and she knew he loved her but what feth was it about a bear REALLY??!!! Kark she wished her father was here [member="Garith Darkhold"] he'd have a thing or two to say about this. She smiled, more than one she imagined.

Her mother would say something crass for a moment Bella felt alone again.

What if Muadie has lost his mind completely and really thought he wanted this bear? that's just...insane? Like him.

Nahhh she wasn't accepting that. She'd break his little fingers too just for good measure.

Without much thought she knew where to find him where he would go to do this spectacle. She engaged the engines and headed off hyperspace, on course and focusing on him letting their bond guide her to right where he would be...he could feel her coming now he might even hear her thoughts....maybe...if he knew what was good for them he would have an explanation waiting.

[member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] [member="Muad Dib"]

"Master Dib, we welcome you to Siskeen", the largest of the Balinaka spoke in what sounded like a voice made of musical chimes that echoed throughout the cavernous hangar. The simple coronet made of gold and precious jewels that adorned the massive head as well as the deference shown by the others marked the massive bear as the monarch and ruler, King Rrasnar .... Who was to be Muad's future father-in-law.

Pausing near the group the shrewd blue eyes watched the group noticing the uniforms worn by the Cathar and togorians. Here was represented the leaders of the political, naval, and army forces. Glancing at Sol, Muad smirked lightly before eyes focusing on the delegation. A slight incline of his head was his bow of greeting.

"King Rrasnar, thank you for the hospitable greetings. And to you Admiral Trrew and General Mrrew. I look forward to finalizing this alliance between our worlds that will see our system finally united in purpose and resolve."

The delegation nodded at the mad man's words. A tangible feeling of relief touched the alien species as they visibly relaxed. The reputation of Muad Dib had preceded him, and despite the union that was offered there was still a great hesitancy. The rumors to the man's character had led them to expect a dangerous warrior who, despite being well connected, was unhinged had given the delegation trepidation.

"We are honored to have you here and becoming a member of the Royal family. Cares will take you to you suite where you can prepare for the wedding", King Rrasnar spoke and advanced to place a massive paw upon Muad's shoulder in a gesture of familiarity and acceptance. The Balinak towered nearly twice the two men's height as teeth were bared in their species smile.

"Until then King Rrasnar."

With the ancient King's leave Cares, a togorian, led the way through the hangar toward where the suite waited deeper within the ice palace. A feeling brushed his mind and the murderous rage coming from [member="Arabella Darkhold"] made the Mad Man smirk. Glancing at [member="Sol Damerin"] he chuckled.

"This is going to be very interesting..."

It didn't take long for her to weedle from his mind where he was, it wasn't like he would hide from her, that would just tick her off more. Siskeen in the Outer Rim. You can run [member="Muad Dib"] but you cannot hide from me. As you well know it.

She reached over and entering the coordinates needed for Siskeen what he would see when he saw her would not be pleasant...not one little iota. A single arched brown was all that indicated a change in her thoughts. Written on her face though was intensity, and yes for those who knew her she was plotting.

She growled low as she worked through the images of what she was capable of. She would bring about the full set of skills that she had command of.

She whispered through it all.....such trouble, you're in such trouble...my love

[member="Katrine Van-Derveld"]

Sol's entire contribution to the conversation was to stifle a snort when the king bear referred to Muad as Master Dib. It was fairly obvious that King Rasnar only knew Muad's reputation, not that man himself. If King Rasnar did he wouldn't be so eager to marry off his daughter. Hell, it was surprising the bear wanted him even with the reputation. Who wants a madman as a son in law? But add on to that, that Muad was... What was the nicest way to say frustratingly annoying? Muad was that.

"I mean, at the very least I imagine the honeymoon will be. Speaking of, is a jar of honey acceptable as a wedding gift? Or is that racist?" Sol raises an eyebrow at Muad his expression not betraying in the slightest if he is being serious or not. "If it helps, it is expensive honey." This follow up would tell Muad all he needed to know. Sol was enjoying this and was looking forward to seeing his friend suffer.

[member="Muad Dib"]

"Racist? No. Speciest? Yes. Wait .... Is it Geonosian honey? Have you seen those hives? They're massive! Imagine the honeycombs ..."

His laughter rang out making the togorian guide glance behind at the two men. Muad shoulder bumped Sol and grinned.

"My friend here was interested in the coupling ability of a human and togorian. He said he's always wanted to be a scratching post and he's willing to cover himself in catnip."

He wanted at the togorian who quickly looked back to the front. Reaching the does to the suite she motioned for them to enter, which Muad did. Yet he didn't miss the appraising look that Cares gave [member="Sol Damerin"] as she walked away. Chuckling once more he moved in to the room, eyes catching the two suits draped carefully over a sofa. Sighing he turned as the doors closed.

"I hate monkey suits. But I guess the time is approaching .... Only a few hours left .... How about a few drinks?"

He grinned as he motioned towards the bar. Yet he paused as several images crossed his mind, little gifts from [member="Arabella Darkhold"]. He smirked as he whispered through their bond, Sounds like fun Belly .

Meanwhile the citadel opened it's does for the arriving guests to take their seats.

Icehotel.360.34679.jpg

[member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] [member="Arabella Darkhold"]

It felt like forever but she pushed the engines to capacity not caring about damage, and ruin. She'd have her words with [member="Muad Dib"] before his 'nuptials'.

Entry to Siskind was quick course the verbal threats weren't helping her cause and now that she was close enough where no words would be lost or misinterpreted she reached out to the mind and presence of Muadie.

She walked, no stomped her way towards the venue.

I'm coming for you dear.

She growled at anyone who even dared look her way. Bella was spoiled yes use to getting her way, having her way it was just what it was but Muadie had given her something no one else had - reason. The one person who she trusted beyond life itself had just betrayed her and proven that..........she was nothing.

She wanted blood, she was going to pain the venue walls with it.

Why Muadie really why? This is what you think of me that that you marry a BEAR without even so much as a word to me!!!! her anger was rising her emotions were beginning to take control. Each time she slipped further into her own pain.

Her eyes turned black thankfully the dark glasses she wore would not show the obsidian orbs to anyone. The dark leather jacket, dark shirt with dark pants fit how she felt, she felt like darkness, she was becoming lost into it again.

MUADIE

She stood at the venue shoulders heaving, each breath labored and drawn with sharp breaths....she touched the bond...and turned. She'd help him change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom