Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Limpet ALH Torpedo

Status
Not open for further replies.

VisTop.jpg
LIMPET ALH Torpedo

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To create an aquatic torpedo for use against high-performance surface vessels and submarines/submersible vessels alike in future submissions and role-playing.​
Image Source: N/A​
Canon Link: N/A​
Permissions: N/A​
Primary Source:
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer: Visanj T’shkali
Affiliation: Closed-Market​
Model: Limpet-class ALH Torpedo​
Modularity: None​
Production: Minor-Produced​
Material(s):
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification: Advanced Lightweight Hybrid Torpedo (ALH)​
Size: Average (1.5m)​
Weight: Heavy​
Explosive Type: Armor-Piercing Shaped Charge / Sonic Pulse​
Delivery Method: Solid Propellant Rocket-powered Turbo-waterjet (Supercavitation-assisted)​
  • Fuze: Impact and Proximity
  • Seeker: Acoustic / Acoustic Homing / GPS Targeting Laser
  • Seeker Range: 6km
Effective Range: Short Range (Average)​
Max. Range: 10km​
  • Operational Depth (Max.): 900m
  • Conditional Limits: Sea State 9
Area of Effect: Average​
Stopping Power: Extreme​
SPECIAL FEATURES:
  • Capable of operating at extreme depths and in exceptionally rough seas, the Limpet combines the technologies of sonic emitters and cacophanizer shells to create a potent sonic weapon, capable of damaging enemy ships and disrupting SONAR and other devices in anticipation of a powerful armor-piercing shaped charge used to penetrate the hulls of enemy vessels and deliver incredible damage.
  • Fast, maneuverable, and versatile for use against vessels on or below the surface of the sea, the torpedo once launched will use acoustic homing or a GPS targeting laser to pinpoint its target before engaging its engines, giving enemy vessels little to no reaction times.
  • Extreme stopping power and two-fold damage type offers exceptional performance against smaller vessels, able to cause terrific amounts of damage in just a single strike, while a coordinated multi-vector attack using these weapons is capable of delivering equally significant damage against larger targets.
STRENGTHS:
  • Two-fold sonic and explosive damage types offer potentially devastatingly powerful attacks against enemy targets, capable of disrupting, disabling, or even destroying those targets with possibly as few as a single strike.
  • Special hunter-killer mechanism allows torpedoes to activate supercavitation-assisted self-propulsion quickly and potentially very close to enemy targets, giving those targets very little (if any) reaction time in most cases.
WEAKNESSES:
  • Only useful in aquatic environments, the torpedoes lack any practical applications for aerial or ground combat whatsoever.
  • Short-Range weapons have a maximum effective range of roughly only ten kilometers, making them unsuited for longer-range combat, thus requiring the firing ship to close with its targets potentially placing itself in harm’s way.
  • Specialized launcher systems cannot fire other ordinance.
DESCRIPTION:
Using onboard acoustic homing sensors or else coordinated target via a GPS Targeting Laser, the torpedoes are launched without their powerful propulsion systems engaged. Instead, they move forward based solely on the speed and momentum of their specialized launchers, waiting until they reach their closet trajectory to pinpoint their targets and engage self-propulsion. This allows no to very low reaction times for enemy vessels, minimizing effectiveness of enemy point-defenses, counter-torpedoes, or evasion and thus maximizing the likelihood of striking their targets as intended. Powerful sonic technology emits a ‘boom’ which can potentially disable or disrupt enemy systems, including SONAR, before the armor-piercing shaped charge can deliver a terrific volume of damage against the enemy directly. Able to operate in very rough seas and at impressive depths, the Limpet is a small but potent weapon for aquatic combat.​
Its drawbacks are in its relatively short-range and generally average area of effect, meaning that firing ships must close with their enemies, exposing themselves to potential risk, and that a single torpedo might be highly effective against a small ship (<20m) but against larger ships, repeated or concurrent multi-vector attacks may be required to fully destroy an enemy. Only useful in aquatic environs, and requiring a dedicated specialized launching system, these torpedoes are limited to just where and how they can be employed.​
teal123.png

Last edited:
Visanj T'shkali Visanj T'shkali

Neat. A missile with a sonic payload that reminds me of the Slave I's sonic charges but underwater. A very unique idea here.

And my only nit-pick is the effective range! We don't have a "Short Range" option for ordinance or explosives but I'm willing to keep it here for clarity's sake. If you don't mind tacking on Personal or Average in parentheses next to it for template's sake, I'll stamp this approved.

Example: Effective Range: Short Range (Personal) or (Average)

Please @me when you're finished making changes and I can stamp this approved.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom