Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private LIKON Corporate RP

Firmus.png

On the red planet of Cotellier, the Capital of Firmus City spreads out like a spiderweb of pipes, factories, landing fields, and warehouses. In the center of the city, an impressive cluster of cloudcutters juts upwards into the sky, each building prominently bearing the corporate logo of one of the planet's controlling mining interests. One of these buildings is LIKON Corporate Headquarters. An impressive building in brutalist style - LIKON headquarters is all permacrete and durasteel, looking like a fusion between a skyscraper and reinforced bunker. The grounds of the building are enclosed on all sides by tall pylons, these pylons generate a strong fence-field barrier; barring this, woven flexisteel link is strung tightly between each pylon, capable of providing a nasty jolt. Patrolled by corporate security and seeker and camera droids, this building has heavy security; despite this, visitors are common, and a nearby landing field provides a steady stream of customers, business-beings, and other such clientele.

Visitors are typically welcome warmly, ushered into one of LIKON'S many waiting rooms; in the case of holograms, communications are streamed directly to LIKON's head offices.

Hello all, and welcome to the LIKON Corporate thread. Please note that if you are here to order something, that you are in this private thread on contingent invitation; that is, you are here to conduct business RP only. You are not invited to blow up, kill, marauder, raid, bounty hunter or role-play out anything else disruptive without prior discussion and invitation. This is a business thread, so let's keep it that way :).

Thank you!

Dorthea Dobson

Chief Director of Damascus Station
Dorthea was exhausted, but that was pretty normal for her at this time of day. She was a top-notch manager, and was heavily involved in the day-to-day affairs on Damascus Station. She was also employed by Dar’Manda Industries, and she had many corporate responsibilities too, managing the corporate real estate side of the operation. She also had purchasing powers within the company.

There was a movement on the station that was demanding a local defence fleet. That fleet would need modern tech to compete with modern navies. While Dar’Manda Industries had an array of It’s own tech, there were gaps that needed to be filled, and updates that needed to be made. Dorthea hoped to enlist LIKON Ltd. as a partner on some major projects. There was a lot to discuss.

Dorthea keyed the holo-comm on her desk, Roth Likonis Roth Likonis , this is director Dobson from Damascus Station. I was hoping we could talk…”

Dorthea Dobson

“Yes, hi!” Dorthea spoke into her desk comm, “I would like to discuss contracting Likon Ltd. for the new shipbuilding projects here in the Nomadic Peoples Coalition. Specifically, we are interested in doing joint projects where both Dar’Manda industries and Likon are listed as the producers, and Likon tech is used in the designs for certain systems. Are you interested?”

Roth Likonis Roth Likonis

“Yes, hi!” Dorthea spoke into her desk comm, “I would like to discuss contracting Likon Ltd. for the new shipbuilding projects here in the Nomadic Peoples Coalition. Specifically, we are interested in doing joint projects where both Dar’Manda industries and Likon are listed as the producers, and Likon tech is used in the designs for certain systems. Are you interested?”

<<That should be within our ability to produce; send my office the specs and I'll send you an invoice, but I foresee no problems.>>

Dorthea Dobson Dorthea Dobson

Dorthea Dobson

<<That should be within our ability to produce; send my office the specs and I'll send you an invoice, but I foresee no problems.>>

Dorthea keyed a command on her desk computer and a file was transmitted immediately, containing a detailed list of what she required.

She then said, “In the file I am sending you, it outlines the tech and contract we’d like to establish with you, with some small areas of flexibility to suit your needs. But in summary, I’ll straight up say that the people on Damascus Station are beginning to desire the rights to build their own military force, and would like exclusive rights to your weapons systems tech. We have a number of exclusive contractors that would like to work with your tech in the future, so your contract with us would be to the entire Nomadic Peoples Coalition, and not just me. The contract exclusively states that your tech will not be used in any ship/station models that are not affiliated with the Nomadic Peoples Coalition. There is an optional clause that you can opt for that states that you are permitted to sell whatever ship creations that utilize your tech to parties outside of the Coalition, as though they are products offered by Likon itself. But the stipulation for this clause is that you reduce the cost of the contract with the Coalition by a reasonable percentage, since you stand to make a profit from the ships sales yourself.

“The tech that is requested in the contract is the following: any and all fire control technologies that Likon offers, the triple Lazer system you built, and a special order for an exclusive long range Ion canon for our capital ships that utilizes your current fire control systems. For the Ion cannon, there are specifications attached that you can look at later.

“Is all of this acceptable to you?”

Roth Likonis Roth Likonis

As she spoke, Roth brought up the products that she referenced, giving them a review. Ultimately they were some of LIKON's basic technologies - not that they were simplistic, but rather foundational in nature. A lot of their current and future technology used the items as critical components. "This should be acceptable. LIKON will be passing on sales of exterior products, however - we're rather strict on our product offerings. Allow for three to five days for my legal team to draft the paperwork, and we'll solidify the contract." Roth gave a nod before thumbing the holoprojector off. Typing up a message to legal, he sent the message through the LIKON intranet for their review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom