Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Like Old Swords

Kahne Porte Kahne Porte

The fog that clouded Ripley's mind parted for a moment, long enough for her to taste the nostalgia and excitement. How long had it been since she had last seen her master? Too long. She was expected to be a knight that stood on her own, and in the last year she had come into that role. Yet now, as troubled waters began to rage in herself and in her order, she found herself looking to the past for guidance. Kahne's words had always stayed with her, and she had appreciated all he had given her, but no tools at her disposal were enough to offset the anxiety and uncertainty that had bloomed inside her. Darkness tugged at the corner of her mind. It could be felt everywhere, and she saw it in her fellow Jedi, as well.

"There was a lot of wars back then when the Jedi Council and The Republic fought together a many years ago. I've grown to see many things in my life that have pushed me to question perhaps the Jedi Way and Sith as a whole. Things in the galaxy aren't quite as they seem."

The words he had spoke at their fated first meeting had taken new meaning to her. As the knight gained combat experience and delved deeper into temple life, her own questions had arose. There were no trusted answers for her on Coruscant; but she had faith she would find them today. The sands of Jakku shifted under her feet as she made her way into the repurposed star destroyer. Ruffians gave her strange looks, but she paid them no mind. Ripley weaved through the maze of ancient corridors, finding the cantina she had asked him to meet at. She shook her head at the bartenders offer for a drink. Whatever the conversation would bring, she was sure she needed a clear head.

The galaxy was not what it used to be. There were a great many things that drifted through the inner regions as well as the farthest reaches of this galaxy that could make anyone question what truly was. The Jedi Master had gained much knowledge over this course of his life as he neared his mid thirties. In just that short amount of time darkness and light had flooded his mind during his time in this galaxy. There was time where at one juncture in his life he was perhaps ashamed of who he was, a time in darkness that left him vulnerable and weak. When you have nothing but the darkness to feed off of it manifest itself in your mind and heart and can turn you into something extremely terrible. That is when you have found a part of yourself that never needed to be found. He made it an absolute point to never get to that place again, no matter what.

He had found renewed purpose within himself once more and that eventually led to a family of his own and some pretty great people that he called his family. But even then he had become weary of the things growing in the universe and everything that had become what it was. He kept a close circle and often as he could and one that held much trust and truth in that circle was Ripley Kühn Ripley Kühn a young, strong, beautiful Zeltron that he met a while ago. The Jedi Master took a immediate liking to her as he saw a bit of his younger side in her soul. It was a day that he wouldn't forget as she had forged a strong bond and path in his heart and he vowed to come toher aid anytime she needed it. She was indeed strong, but there also seemed like a fragile nature to her as well. Just based on his own opinions. When she contacted him he couldn't deny his excitement as he looked to her as family and as a daughter of sorts.

The Jedi dressed more as a smuggler these days than he did a Jedi as he weaved through the cantina slowly before came to a stop a few paces before the table.

"What's on your mind kiddo?" Kahne said with a small smile.

Kahne Porte Kahne Porte

Ripley cracked a wide grin at the greeting. His relaxed style mirrored her own, the black leather jacket that accompanied her wherever she went marking her as a non-traditionalist.

"You are a sight for sore-eyes." She teased, chuckling to herself. She took a minute after to consider his question. "What isn't on my mind these days? A lot of the time it's the war, but... gotten myself into a fine mess this time, as have my friends, and I don't think we'll be able to fix it without help."

The zeltron grimaced at the statement. She felt almost powerless in the whole situation, but without the wisdom of others, she would remain so.

"I wish I had better circumstances for meeting- it's been so long, and I've been meaning to come visit, but just haven't been able to pull myself away." Her frown grew deeper, her gaze dropping to the table. "So much has happened since I joined the New Jedi Order. They were so different from the norm when I found them. You know, no stuffy temples, no robes. It wasn't just like, uh, aesthetic stuff either. They were taking the fight to the sith, to make sure their tyranny would stop. That was something I believed in, you know? We're the guardians of life, and we're not doing anyone any favors if we sit idly by and let their planets get genocided."

Her words brought back bittersweet memories. Long days in the courtyard training for the difference they were going to make, nights filled with Ryv's laughter as the two had found sanctuary in one another's presence. Things were simpler, before Korriban.

"But..." Ripley's words trailed off a moment as she shook her head. "I didn't realize the cost of war. It's twisted me, and the people I care for. It's even worse now. I... I got poisoned by a Sith on Bastion. Whatever alchemy they did to it, it took away the light. Now I'm so angry, Kahne. I'm so angry they did this to me, I'm so angry they did it to my friends, I'm angry that no matter what we do, we can't seem to bring them down. Like, I know it's wrong, but it drives me now, and I can't stop it, and that makes me angry, too. But I can't even meditate."

Her rant stopped short as the desperation peaked. A hefty sigh full of sorrow escaped her.

"I know you cant fix that. But I thought maybe you can help me find my way back?"

"As are you Ripley." The Jedi replied to her words about seeing him with a smile on his face. He closed the distance and took a seat. He could sense there was something definitely wrong, but he didn't want to jump right in and start assuming what that was. Even though his own Jedi senses had raised an alarm about something that seemed to be off. Then again, they were in a galaxy were everything seemed off these days. Kahne slightly cocked his head to the side when he saw her face, her expression show the way that it did when she mentioned the potential mess that her and her friends had gotten in. The Jedi reached out with his hand and placed it over hers, giving it a small squeeze.

"We all need help sometimes, its good that you called on me."

She mentioned being sorry for not coming to visit and he just shook his head. "Don't worry about that. Life carries us to many different places, we all have things to do." The Jedi pulled his hand back and placed his own together on the table as he continued to listen to her. He couldn't help but feel similarities to how he felt many, many years ago. The ongoing battle with the Sith and the constant warring had taught him one thing. And that was this war was never going to end, not truly. That was the ugly truth, it might end for a few months or maybe years but something was always going to bring this part of life to the centerfold. The Jedi Master had strived for ending this war for a long time, and his hopeful nature had endured for so long and it continued to endure. While he was extremely hopeful, he had accepted some truths about this whole ordeal.

"I believe as you do Ripley, the cost of war are extreme and they carry great risk with them." Kahne reached out and gave her hand gentle squeeze before proceeding forward. "Come here kid." Kahne said with a smile as he stood up and pulled her into his embrace, giving her a big hug. "Everything is going to be alright. There is still light in you Ripley, I see it. The light doesn't abandon so easily. " Kahne pulled back a bit and looked at her and he placed his hand on her shoulders. "I'm gonna do everything I can to help you through this, and help your friends. I'll be here for as long as you need me to be."

Ripley Kühn Ripley Kühn

Kahne Porte Kahne Porte

Ripley leaned into the hug, comfort found in the gesture. She had a das, once upon a time, even if she couldn't remember it. Her trip to Zeltros had given her that much information. Yet there was no connection with her lack of memory. Whatever experiences she had with him, were lost so long ago. The blood of the covenant ran thicker than the water of the womb, and the father figure she had come to know in Kahne was proof of it. His presence and obvious care casted a light that shone through the dark clouds, like a beacon guiding her home.

When he pulled away, she offered a weak smile. There seemed no hesitancy in answering her call, and for that, she was ever thankful.

"One day, you won't have to bail me out of trouble anymore." The statement was half a joke, and half a promise.

"I dont even know where to start with it all. For the Order, its weird. A lot of folks have become really single minded. Kinda demonize everything that isnt jedi, and hell, even some of the Jedi themselves- we were pretty miffed at the Silvers for a while. I think, with you having been fought wars too, maybe if you hung around on Coruscant for a while, you could pass down some of that wisdom of yours. Help em remember what being a Jedi is about, all that jazz."

Kahne couldn't quite remember where he had gained such a hopeful nature from. He remembered a time long ago when he was in dark place, he couldn't even remember who he was. He knew such a feeling of hopefulness came long before that, since he was a child. And even when he faced the deepest and darkest of waters he was still looking for the light because he knew it was there. He hoped one day he would realize where it came from, that feeling what had caused him to have that unyielding focus and hopefulness. And he did his best to try to cast that on those that he had come into contact with.

Ripley was indeed one of them. She was for all intents an purposes like a daughter to her, much like his own daughter.

"Even if that day comes, you know I'll still be here." Kahne said with a smile.

"I'm not saying I can solve everything, but the least I could do is help guide your way and help rid this feeling from you." Kahne smirked slightly and he even chuckled. "There are a lot more wiser Jedi out there than me. My wisdom only reaches so far. But I'll do my best to help them if I can. My main priority is you, and your friends if they need it."

Ripley Kühn Ripley Kühn

Some time later....

The silence of the meditation chamber got to her. Noise did, too, on the loud streets of Coruscant. There were so many people, always talking, yelling. Yet the silence was worse. It threatened to pick her apart, expose her. It knew every secret. Her eyes fluttered open once more, revealing the darkened room. She rose quickly from the sitting position on the floor, frustrated.

As she exited the chamber, her hand floated instinctivly to the pocket of her britches. The crumpled piece of paper was still there. Haphazardly, she withdrew it, her piercing gaze staring at it. Rehabilition for darksiders- a new beginning. The words only evoked more annoyance. She shoved it away again, back into her pocket, where she wouldn't be taunted.

The Coruscanti temple was livelier than it was when she had first come to the New Jedi Order. Padawans en masse roamed the halls, attending to their training. Masters, too, who had answered the call for help, though one certain master eluded her. She had seen to ensure he had quarters, and could come and go as needed- but having his presence around brought her a sense of comfort.

Finally, she made it to the living spaces, and to Kahne's door. Taking a step forward, she pressed the button next to it.

"Hey, Kahne, you in there? I, uh, was wondering if you could help me with something."

Kahne Porte Kahne Porte

Coruscant....

It had been too long since he had been back here. The last time that he actually gave this place a full chance before was when he fought with the Galactic Republic of old. Since then there have been many Alliances and Republics and Empires and all the like that had graced and disrupted the contempt spirit of the galaxy. He had told himself he would think clearly before plunging himself needlessly in another conflict, other than just the constant state of the Sith needing to be eradicated. The hope for the war to end, the want to live in peace. He knew could just walk away and be with his family and never look back. But that part of him would never be able to relax or rest. He would always be troubled. Even before when he was with his family away from the warring times that occurred and was just living in relative peace. There would be one to many times during a great day with his famiy, putting his kids to sleep and his wife falling asleep in his arms. He would steal away and go outside and sit and stare up at the night sky. The stars and everything else in it, he wondered how they were doing. He wondered if Coren was still keeping up the good fight. He hoped Samara was doing well in her endeavors. He thought about Tiberias and wondered how he doing back on his home world.

That part of him longed to be back in the fight, to be there again.

And here he was, at it again.

Kahne missed it to be quite honest, when he accompanied Ripley Kühn Ripley Kühn back here. She was very kind enough get a room procured for him. He didn't need much, he would be coming and going. However as deep as he felt Ripley needed him, he knew that he would be here more often than not. He was a husband first and foremost, he was also Jedi Master. Those three coincided many time and there would be comprises everywhere. Especially when he knew that his loved ones and friends were out here and they needed his help. Kahne was reintroduced back into the lifestyle that was Coruscant and the Jedi Temple, and the biggest thing was to keep a watchful eye out. There was a darkness that Ripley spoke up and he would do everything he could to make sure that she would not fall victim to it.

He sensed her presence as he had just poured himself a cup of stimcaf and leaned back against the small counter. He raised his hand as the door slid open after he heard her voice.

"Come in kiddo. Is everything alright?"

There was a twinge of guilt seeing him standing there. He didn't belong here, not really. He was a Jedi, of course, and a spot would always be open should he see the need; but he had paid his dues, put up his fight, raised her to be the next generation to continue such. Yet, the selfish request for help had been made nonetheless, and he was was here to oblige. Ripley offered a sad smile as she entered the quarters.

"Yeah, everything's okay- it's not an emergency or anything, if you're busy."

She walked a few feet closer, standing awkwardly in the middle of the living space.

"It's just that, well, I haven't been able to meditate since everything got turned upside down with the poison. It's like the zen kinda just vanished." Her smile faded into a grimace.
"I was wondering if maybe you would join me in one? Like the guided ones we did in the old days? Maybe the familiarity would help."

He showed her a warm encouraging smile, in many ways getting her to see. To push past any blanket of doubt or whatever she was feeling as she stood there. He could feel it, the wave of uncertainty if he had to be here everyday until she was no longer feeling that way.

He would do it, she was his Padawan, and most importantly family.

"You know I've always got time for you." Kahne said with small nod of his head and smile. "Do you want some caf?" Kahne inquired as he jerked his head towards the brewed stimcaf on the counter next to him. The Jedi took another sip as he listened to what she spoke of and he simply nodded his head.

"Of course, you know that's what I'm here for." Kahne said with a chuckle. "I'm surprised you didn't come sooner. Where do you want to start at?" Kahne inquired as he set his cup down.

Ripley Kühn Ripley Kühn

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom