Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lightsaber?

An idea I had, but one i'm not actually sure on. I'm doing the crystal dev as we speak, but I still need to work on the actual building it dev thread, which is why I'm asking this now. I don't want to do all the building dev thread and then realize that this idea won't actually work. That will be an ouch moment and I will be kinda upset because I really want this to be a thing :)

The idea is stacking crystals in a lightsaber. The three crystals are Kasha Crystala, a Solari Crystal as well as a Dantari Crystal. Each one glows yellow, so I know I can have the yellow glow I want. Yet, how would I go about combining what they do?

When used as a lightsaber crystal, a Kasha crystal helped clear the wielder's mind of distractions, even during tense combat.

The Solari Crystal can only be used by Lightsiders. Creates a wider blade, useful for deflection. Orange-yellow blade, though other colors can be found.

In addition, Dantari crystals allowed the user a better focus on recovering spent Force energies, occasionally recycling the fierce, wild energy of combat to the wielder to fuel their Force power.
How well would those three combine?

[member="Kei Garnik"]

Im not too versed on saber construct, more of a droid and vehicles man. But im pretty sure that stacking them would counteract the effects or even start to really effect the performance of the sabers. Thats a reason as to why alot of sabers only have one focussing crystal, so that the energy is filtered once and not disrupted till it reaches the emitter. I feel like trying to force that energy through two more focusing crystals could cause some painful after effects for the wielder.

Wookiepedia states rare, yet the Kyburr crystals were rarer, and seems as Canon makes them out to be like the primary source of lightsabring, I assume one should be easy enough to come by. I'm RP'ly hunting for mine in the old Echo Base, I assume the rebels will of had one.

[member="Vulpesen"]

Kaiburr, Legendary crystal that is deemed to be the most powerful within the EU

Kyber, Little piece of F*** YOU that disney shoved down the throats of us who loved Star Wars in its completion.

[member="Kei Garnik"]

Let's change it slightly then. Let's say you use one to power the blade, and just have the other two in the hilt. Do they still give off there bonuses while not being used to power a lightsaber?

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Kei Garnik said:
Do they still give off there bonuses while not being used to power a lightsaber?
If attuned to their user, yeah.

Similar. Just like you can use a Lambent Crystal to focus Vong-Sense or a Sith Amulet to focus Sith Lightning. It doesn't have to be inside a Lightsaber to channel the desired effect. You just have to have it on you and have it attuned to your will.

If you do not know the answer to a question, please do not try to answer with personal opinions.

[member="Kei Garnik"]
Two saber crystals was the norm in canon, a lightsaber with one was uncommon. I would suggest a thread for doing as all three to help flesh out the sub. Nothing crazy, though. Ten posts tops.

[member="Kei Garnik"],

Like many have mentioned, I will say this. In the past I created a lightsaber with three crystals in it. The problem you will have is not combining the crystals, initially, but having them all activate at once to function as one. You need to attune them all correctly, and attune them in the same function to achieve a cohesion that will work together. The reason why you don't see a one crystal lightsaber, is because there is not enough "power" within the crystal. More so, the crystal cannot support all of power of the lightsaber by itself. Hence why you see people in canon use two crystals, and some kind of focusing lense to keep them working in unison.

Having three is considered Mastercraft, for the following reasons.
  1. Two people working in unison is easy. Three is a little harder, as such is with crystals. Having three all work at the same time, is difficult.
  2. Having all three crystals activate, function, and work on the same "frequency" is difficult as well. Instances of lightsabers using three crystals mention that they have two work independently from one another, but on the same "tone" or "frequency" and the third, either piggyback off of one of the crystals, or be attuned all three together as one.
  3. You need an appropriate power source to have all three crystals, work all the time, every time. If one is out of alignment, it would be like setting off a stick of dynamite in your hand the size of a bowling ball. Having too much power will cause it to overload, which can crack the crystals, or even destroy the lightsaber. *Ideas spawn from this are how Kylo built his lightsaber to have the vents to let excess energy out of the lightsaber*
  4. Secondary to number three, is that you can't have too little of power, or the lightsaber won't even turn on.
  5. Creating the lightsaber will need someone else with experience, and skill to attune at least two lightsaber crystals together.
Its late for me right now, and those are the few ideas I have in my mind at the current moment. So if you have any more questions, you can go ahead and ask just about anyone on the Factory Staff, or anyone who may have any inkling of information about this to answer your questions. As well, I would be more than welcome to talk about this to you and explain more.

As well, if I have misconstrued any information, or misinterpreted it, I welcome all to come and give their own ideas about it. We are here to work together.

Anyways, good luck with the lightsaber, and cheers! :D

[member="Kei Garnik"],

Yep. Since you have to crystals that are on the rare end of the spectrum, the thread to find them would be fine. In all honesty, some people even list of just finding Qixoni crystals which should be rarer than almost all of the non-unique crystals since these darksided crystals are formed from stars going supernova.

Anyways, the second thread where you actually make it will likely be good to add in there. You don't have to, but I recommend doing it, and I personally would want you to do it anyways because it shows a lot, and I mean A LOT of character development, as well as overall shows you are willing to work for your shiny toys.

Carrick there hit on what I was going to opine about, so not much needed from me. Canon always trumps our personal opinions. Always. Good to know on the two crystal bit. Good luck with the sub, and honestly, in a thematics, the mix is powerful, BUT it is also very fitting mixture, pending the RP of the character, so I kinda like it.

As to 'stat buffing'.... Sometimes it isn't about number crunch, even if the effects of a 'buff' are there. The crystals have stated effects. Your character is a conscious, sentient being.... They might very well want those crystals too, and IC and OOC it have little to nothing to do about buffing. So I'd kinda not worry about that. If you get out of line, our Factory is filled with some helpful people, who even when they disagree try to come to the table and work with you on things.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom