Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Lightsaber of Anakin/Luke Skywalker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skywalker Lightsaber
anakinfx_black_large.jpg

Image Source: HEREhttp://www.bladeseller.com/masterreplicas/images/black/anakinfx_black_large.jpg
Intent: A tech-sub to detail the capabilities of the cannon 'Skywalker Lightsaber'
Development Thread: OOC: HERE . IC Thread: HERE
Manufacturer: Anakin Skywalker
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Personal
Modularity: I suppose focusing crystals or lenses could be.
Production: Unique

Material: Durasteel and Electrum, Rubberized Fins/Grips, Internal Components, Blade Stabilization Ring, Belt Ring Clip
Classification: Lightsaber
Size: One/Two Handed
Length:

• Handle: 28 cm

• Blade: 91.5 cm

• Total: 119.5 cm
Weight: 1.5kg
Special Features:

• Bifurcating Cylical Ignition Pulse: Able to operate and function underwater

• Form V: Specifically Engineer for the Fifth Form of Lightsaber Combat

• Adjustable Power Setting: Able to vary in blade power from 'Training' to 'Standard'

• Non-Dimetris Circuits: Cortosis will not be short-circuit this blade.
Description:

"This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegant weapon, for a more civilized age."
~Obi-Wan Kenobi ~
Incorporating many of the elements from his first weapon, Anakin Skywalker's lightsaber was a fairly spartan affair which in on fact neither flashy nor extraneously burdened with fantastical features, but rather a fitting tool for a warrior. The hilt was specifically designed to facilitate Skywalker's practice of Form V of Lightsaber Combat. As per Form V weapon specifications, the lightsaber had a solid casing (either as a whole or in multiple sections for maximum protection against power surge deterioration, which gave minor effect of slight EMP hardening) and a heavily shrouded blade emitter.

The beveled emitter was designed to designate separate facets of the blade for either offensive or defensive purposes(able to switch from regular power to training mode). The lightsaber hilt included a ridged hand grip, as Djem So required its users to maintain a solid grip on the hilt. It was also later modified to allow it to operate underwater, which is often a weakness and shortcoming of many other such weapons.

Before being passed to Luke Skywalker, the weapon's hilt had been slightly altered so that the original fastener belt was changed into a ring. Little else about it changed throughout the years, parts being replaced and refitted as need be as each owner took up stewardship of the storied blade, with it's connection and a symbol of the Jedi and the balance between the Light and Dark Side of the Force being an inalienable quality the longer it persisted.

Of late, it was found in the hands of Mira Rekali-Gyndar, and from her keeping it passed down to the aspirant Jedi Battlemaster Julius Sedaire of the New Jedi Order through a harrowing ordeal from a former associate, who would not divulge how he came into possession of what was once Mira's. Julius in particular has developed an almost reverent care for the saber, which contradicts his usual attitude towards the tool of his trade, viewing it more as a symbol and allegory than a weapon truly, though he tries to hide that fact by often 'misplacing' it amidst a pile of papers on his desk or in a footlocker in his bunk, he is always acutely aware of it, and can be seen often cleaning and checking it.

Primary Source:

~*THIS IS A CANON ITEM*~

Netherworld

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Netherworld

[member="Julius Sedaire"]

Alright. Before we get to the contents of this sub, let's clear up a few technicalities.

Spencer Jacobs said:
2. At the bottom of the submission, please post an announcement in bold. "This is a canon item "
3. Below your announcement, link to the Canon Item’s wookieepedia page.
  • Add 2.
  • Based on the links you provided, you probably mean this, but you may also mean this (though it was technically destroyed), neither of which is actually linked in your sub.
    Choose which of the two you're claiming and link it appropriately.

Spencer Jacobs said:
2. Each claim for a canon item must have their own development thread. Depending on the canon item, dev thread requirements may fluctuate.
  • An OOC bequest won't be enough, unfortunately. Given that it's only a lightsaber, I figure 10 - 15 quality posts on how it came to be in Julius' possession should be fine.
Wiki also lists this;

Hilt length: 28.00 centimeters
so just alter that and we're good (unless there's some reason for that to have changed).

As said, fix the necessary specifics pertaining to canon items, do the dev, and tag me when you're done. :)

[member="Netherworld"] -

1. Per your request for linking the subs, I am including them. I was having formatting issues with pasting the links from Open Office, and now it appears the two links I put in link to bios of Anakin (somehow) which is absolutely not what I set up. I have no idea what is happening there. Correct links were manually linked. Let me know if they function correctly.

2. IC dev thread is in progress, i'll update when it's hit the minimum post count.

3. The wiki articles (there are two, as linked) state differing crystals for the saber submitted here. I went with the Kyber over Adegan because I found it's article first. But if there is one you prefer over the other, let me know.

4. One of the articles states that, during his exile and keeping of the saber, Obi-Wan modified it. However, it does not say in what way in specific, so I have left it off the sub in any form. Given we don't see any form of cortosis immunity or indeed any special abilities, I opted to keep it simple rather than dream up something. If this was done in error, let me know.

[member="Netherworld"] - Dev is completed at 10 posts. Added cortosis immunity because it was bugging me about what Obi-Wan could have done, and I don't recall any example of this saber ever being shorted out or affected by the material in Canon or Legends sources. If this requires further dev, please let me know and I will gladly start on it!

FYI - I left the last post in the thread open. If 10 is acceptable, i'll post once more to it to close the story. If not, I can easily expand the internal philosophical battle in Julius, the duel with the NPC mando named Aran, and more things easily to meet post count. Hope that is ok, and you don't mind the last minute change to the saber. If this is an issue, I can gladly remove it or anything else you may need.

Netherworld

[member="Julius Sedaire"]

As far as I know, non-dimetris circuits only prevent sabers from shorting out on contact, not to cut through cortosis. Please edit that.

Other than that, the dev is fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom