Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Light Cell Grenade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt the Radar Tech

ꜰɪxɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʀᴀᴅᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴜꜰꜰ
LIGHT CELL GRENADE

RSDvxRh.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a specialized grenade for the Chiss Commandos of the Chiss Ascendancy.
  • Image Source: artstation
  • Canon Link: Light Absorbing Cell
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Grenade that utilizes light absorbing cells, which interact with electromagnetic fields, to bend light in a specific area
  • 'Darkness field' removes all light from the vicinity affected by the fields diameter
  • Reusable grenade so long as not damaged or rendered mechanically inert
Strengths:
  • The Light Cell grenade creates a visually canceling darkness field in a 10 meter diameter
  • Internal ion surge shielding offers high ion protection when grenade is not active
Weaknesses:
  • Direct ion damage to the grenade while active can disable the grenades effects
  • High levels of ion damage will destroy/disrupt the mechanisms within, rendering it unusable
  • Certain visual ranges can still see through the darkness field, such as infrared and ultraviolet
  • Does not disrupt energy or solid projectiles in any way
  • Does not offer protections like a shield in any way
  • Internal ion surge shielding deactivates on darkness field emission, leaving device vulnerable to ion effects
DESCRIPTION
A small device used by the Chiss Ascendancy that causes a bubble of darkness to emit from electromagnetic fields interacting with light absorbing cell webbing. Due to the complex nature of the grenades, and the production cost, it has been limited to use by the Chiss Commandos.

The darkness field can offer sudden ambush and cover options for the commandos, as most species do not possess the required visual spectrum to pierce the light absorbing effects it emits. Those with infrared or ultraviolet visual ranges will still be able to see relatively well inside the field, however. Because the grenade doesn't actually explode, the light cell grenades are reusable, so long as they remain undamaged.

Due to the specialized mechanisms within, ion effects can interrupt the fields being emitted and can render the field inert. High levels of ion damage can destroy the devices altogether.

M O N O L I T H
Factory Judge
[member="Thorne"],

A grenade that can be activated and bend light much like a Stealth suit, but can be deployed for just about any situation.

I absolutely love this concept Jealous I didn't come up with it the only problem I have is the diameter. If we could shorten that down from 15 to 10, then I would be more than willing to approve this.

I assume that you will do more with this once this is officially approved, and so I would like to reserve anything over 10 meters to something a little more sturdy than a grenade sized tool.

Again, really loving this idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom