Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply Life of the Political Party (Open)

Octavia Donovan

O
nQmkC1H9pR8KizYY4K9qUvkBPsV1iVJcH8Kv64mtdCQ.jpg

Octavia surveyed the throne room of her parent's palace on Mindabaal. The palace staff were moving quickly about getting it all set up for yet another hosted event. There were always parties and events at the palace. They were used to boost the morale of the people, as well as the coffers of the Royal family; the Donovans. Investments and business deals were quite frequent occurances after drinks, dancing and the occassional flirt.

Yet this time the event was slightly different. It was partly a going away party for Octavia; she having already accepted a high position among a new government. Her time on Mindabaal wasn't ending, but her visits home were going to be less frequent. And so this was to be the last time that the local media could follow her around and cover her every move for the holonews.

Aristrocrats and business leaders were bound to be there in droves. And so Octavia was sure to be dressed in style. Her gown was bright red, lowcut and her jewels bright against her olive skin. Her hair was partly pulled back, giving her a look of professionalism with a hint of a wildside. She knew how to work a crowd and certain people. Her looks and her charm were part of what drew people in. Those were gifts that she always used to her advantage and would continue to do so until her dying breath. Being offworld would be no different.

Octavia smiled and nodded her head as she gestured for the staff to begin letting people in. Her parents were sure to arrive in their own time. This was her party, her event and she wasn't going to waste it.

The one thing he knew about Mindabaal was they made yachts. Hhe personally did not own a yacht but it was always nice to look at them and day dream about it. Did he want one? He didn't know right now he liked looking.

But he wasn't here to admire yachts he was here to extend a ...what was it...a branch of friendship and commerce to the planet. Trade they all needed trade but it had to start somewhere. That would be why he was dressed in one of his Cousin Claire's designs she had some name for it, but for now it was a well made suit he couldn't figure out why she wasn't making clothes at the moment.

Something had happened...damn here he was drifting in thoughts again.

He entered the palace the lighting made his eyes look bluer than usual, this great hall where introductions were made was elaborate and spoke well of their hosts. He looked about and it reminded him of home, not that it looked like it but that it felt like it. Every time an event was held all the finery came out, the food smelled too delicious to pass up, and there were countless nobility and business representatives anywhere.

"Well" he said to no one, "Let's mingle shall we" He put on his smile and walked to the first tray of drinks...be social, fit in....and talk, "Good evening wonderful affair good to see you here. Yes my mother is fine thank you. By all means come to Alderaan as well." Nod, smile, and move on, "yes till then"

next..one thing he had learned from his mother be sure to talk to everyone, be kind, and welcome them. Remember names, events..it was harder than she made it seem.

Octavia Donovan

Octavia Donovan

O
Theo Vereen Theo Vereen stood out a little bit amongst the crowd. Perhaps it was the colour of his eyes. Or perhaps it was his friendly demeanor and smile. Or it could very well be that he was simply a new face.

Regardless Octavia watched him work his way through the little groups of people that tended to mingle in the same circles at nearly every event. She casually sipped her wine as he moved ever closer, until finally she approached to meet him halfway.

With a flourish of her free hand coming to rest on her heart and a slight bow of her head, Octavia smiled and greeted him. "Welcome to Mindabaal. I am Octavia Donovan and the host of tonight's festivities. And you are...?"

Theo had just stepped pass the Countess Camilla from the planet Shu-Torun she had been explaining that about the rare metal on her world and wanted to speak about exchanging a few shipments for some phrik, "Yes Mam I will be sure to carry your offer back." He smiled and then turned trying to escape only to be met by a dark haired female.

"Ms. Donovan" one thing he had forgotten was who was who on Mindabaal, "I'm Theo Vereen." He paused he was still holding the same drink he had started with she was drinking wine it appeared.

"I don't think I've seen you at any of the other social gatherings I've been to" He wasn't sure what the protocols were for right now, he did not offer to introduce himself as Prince Vereen of Alderaan that sounded like he was too full of himself, and the last thing he wanted was to have guests around him begin to act differently.

A few weeks back was a prime example, he was at a party having a perfectly good time when Tycho whispered to some catty female who Theo was. It was as if someone had doused him with sugar and everyone wanted a bite. Worse it was Prince this Prince that he just wanted to be Theo.

Octavia Donovan

Octavia Donovan

O
Octavia was used to being well known in this sector, so she never felt the need to use any titles. She gave enough away in declaring that she was the host. This was her family's home and had been for centuries. As a child she used to think that it had been there since the beginning of time. But no longer, of course.

"Lovely to meet you, Theo Vereen Theo Vereen .." Her smile met her eyes before she had another sip of her wine. When Octavia was engaged in conversation with others, she tended to give them her full attention and not wander off or lose herself in thought. Such a tactic always worked well for her. But really it wasn't so much of a tactic anymore as it was a habit.

"I haven't ventured far from this sector yet. But that will soon change." She gave him a bit of a once over. "Where do you hail from?"

"Same here" He smiled and gave a slight bow, manner he did have some. He watched her face and her eyes where would they wander to next. He had found in all the greets he had been to there was always someone else to move on to.

But she actually stood looking at him as if she were interested. That by itself was interesting perhaps she wasn't like so many of the other nobles he had met along the way.

"I think you will find there is much to see outside of this sector. Things that will take your breath away, and things which will twist your heart." He lifted his drink and sipped. It was good bubbles not too sweet but not so dry that it curled your tongue.

The question came though as it often did, where was he from. "I'm from Alderaan, small blue green place in core. We sell cheese. Maybe I can send you a sample." He smiled.

"Where do you think you would like to go to first?"

Octavia Donovan

Octavia Donovan

O
"I look forward to seeing what the Galaxy has to offer. And where there is Light and goodwill, there is usually Darkness and treachery to try to take it away." Fortunately Mindabaal had been spared. More than likely that was due to their location. And although they primarily build yachts, it wouldn't take much to turn those skills to building warships.

Her brows rose as Theo Vereen Theo Vereen told her his home planet. Everyone knew of Alderaan. Or at the very least, those that were aware of other planets outside of their own. "Alderaan has such a versatile history. I can imagine that everyone learns of it while growing up."

As he asked her of which destination she'd like to go first, Octavia seemed to ponder for a moment as she took a sip of her wine. "I think that most choose the Core, if only to see if it lives up to the hype that cause so many governments to covet it. Have you travelled much? Where would you recommend?"

He was glad she hadn't expanded on anything of Alderaan, yes it had history, and it was likely to have more history it was inevitable. Everything came in a circle and the circle was unending.

He nodded as he listened agreeing where he could and being accepting of what Octavia Donovan said. Travel, yes his parents made sure they all traveled. "I recommend just for the sake of seeing it go to Coruscant, and then there's Corellia it will surprise you. But I recommend Chandrila." He smiled.

"So is it rude of me to ask what you do when you're not hob knobbing with the elite of the galaxy?"

Last edited:

Octavia Donovan

O
Octavia sipped her wine again as Theo Vereen Theo Vereen listed off a few places that she could visit. There was much to be expanded on in regards to his recommendations. However he made an inquiry of his own.

"I have spent a lot of time studying politics and governance, as I'm destined to lead some day. Yet if it's a curiosity of my hobbies that you're after, I have dabbled in the arts from time to time. Most specifically a bit of painting." She tilted her head to the side ever so slightly as she continued to gaze at him. "And what about you?"

"Painting you say, so then you'd like the Art Museums. There's a very nice one on Brentaal" He nodded, "I don't know that I was thinking of your hobbies, but knowing them helps me to know what you like."

He took a sip of his glass, "I like to ride, travel, explore, meet new people, and take in everything the galaxy has to offer to include art and music." He wanted to do it all before he settled in on the planet Aldera somewhere over in some abandoned quadrant of space where they were lucky the population knew what art was. Maybe he was being harsh.

There was a song playing now and everyone still kind of stood around looking at each other like kids at their first dance. "Care to dance Octavia Donovan "

There was a bit of tongue wagging going on but nothing that he or Octavia couldn't handle.

Octavia Donovan

O
Octavia gave Theo Vereen Theo Vereen an amused smile. Perhaps she was a little naive in understanding what it was that he was asking of her. Between hobbies and her work, what else was there?

Hearing of his own hobbies was interesting. She sipped her wine. "You're lucky to be so free to travel. But the Galaxy isn't too kind. There is too much war." Her people were just lucky that the Galaxy's wars hadn't come to their borders yet.

At the offer to dance, Octavia smiled and set her glass on the tray of a member of staff that tended to hang around to cater to her. "I'd love to, Theo." She waited until he was free of his glass before walking over to the dance floor. She was the host and so it was tradition that she be the first to dance. More than likely the others would follow afterwards.

Octavia placed a hand on his shoulder and the other in his palm. The song wasn't quite a waltz. But it wasn't entirely fast paced either. Still she let the music guide her steps.

"There is a lot going on that is very much the truth" He took her head and lead out, once they both were able to move to the music they moved about, alone and yet in a room full of people.

"I find that in traveling I can learn more about those around us." He didn't want to say he traveled to see if he could find out what the Sith and their partners were doing. But he was and that kept him busy. It also provided him a cover to move about, Prince Theo Vereen of Alderaan attends, this opening, that opening, this gala, or that....this week he will be seen as looking at buying a yacht.

Won't that just cause a ruckus in some places. But it was all just a facade building it up so that no one actually paid attention to him. He liked it that way. And that convoy he saw, hey the Alliance would make good use of that information wouldn't they.

"Perhaps you should consider sitting in on a session of the Senate to hear what they are....discussing." It would open her eyes for certain the things they discussed it did him. "I could arrange for you to sit with the Alderaan Senator if you like."

He smiled.

Octavia Donovan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom