Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Life Isn't Easy, Death Is

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kaUvGSLMew[/youtube]​

SvdUnfq.png

"Mother..." Eddak silently called out. His eyes fluttered, his whole body felt disconnected from his mind, and his conscious was lost. "Mother, don't go... no! Stop!" Eddak tried to stand, reaching up to rub his head as he gasped for air. He was being forced to relive all of his most painful memories. "Get off of her, don't hurt my mother," he groaned out. In his mind, it was like he was there, watching the ones he cared about the most.... die. A slight flicker of a memory, and he was forced to experience it.... again, and again, repeating. "No, Neldar, get off of her," in reality, he, himself, was a flicker, in this strange place. He was here, but he wasn't. He felt trapped, but he wasn't physically here, or on a planet. "Not her, Neldar, let her go," the time his mother died, his home was ravaged, his fiance slaughtered, his town used as a slave farm, losing his sanity.... "Tell her what you did, Neldar, tell her what you did, and maybe... maybe she'll forgive you, because..." because, because, because.... "Because I will never forgive you." This was Eddaks personal hell.

For whoever entered this realm to search for him, would never find him. Only those who held a connection with him would be pulled to his force.... his light. Unconsciously, his flickering light roamed the void, unaware of anything around him, or his current state. Unfortunately, Eddak pushed people away, and those that he may have created a connection with.... may not wish to reach out to him. In his final moments, Eddak knew it was all over, that he would flicker into nothing. While this plane would make it a little different, it was so that his sanity would soon be lost, if he wasn't pulled out, if he wasn't pulled back, to the land of the living.... soon.

[member="Jairdain"]

She had been on Commenor when a call had been sent and given to the news people there. A person from her past thought dead and gone still lived, but not for long. This had been his final message and then he was gone again. Jairdain had gone through many changes since they had met, yet a part of that young woman remained. This part spoke now and told her Eddak had been taken too soon.

Knowing where to go, how to get there and what to do, she once again set off to the Netherworld. Here was where some of her changes had happened. At the adoption, she had become more than what she was previously. To accomplish this, she had to go through hell and now for an old friend, she would do it again.

It was probably a good thing she had already been here once. Jairdain had already faced what demons she had and came to terms with them. Nothing would prevent her from traversing this hell this time.

[member="Anweald Bermann"]

[member="Jairdain"]

The only thing going on in his mind were dozens upon dozens of memories and flashbacks of pain and misery. His light in the void still flickering like a dying fluorescent light in cold, dank building. It would seem that this may just become his coffin. I am.... King.... Eddak.... "I am King Eddak Manod, King of Castle Galderra, Sworn Protector to Queen Arenais and Admiral of the Commenor Systems Alliance Navy," it was strange, for Eddak. He spent his whole life, not really fighting for good or evil. He didn't really fight for justice, he didn't even really bother killing unless it was absolutely necessary in his head. He had ended wars, famine, pain, depression, drought and fear, for his people. But he didn't set out on this goal... initially all he wanted was a safe home to go back to. After a long, hard day of work, he just wanted to sit down, eat, and not have to be on a steady watch every day and night. He wanted a calm life. But because those he cared about continued to die, he pushed beyond his wants, and his needs, he never really got what he want, just to make sure they were safe. Such a pity, how his life would end.

"No matter what happens today, you will remember me. You will have second thoughts about attacking Commenor."

At one point in time this would not have been such an easy journey for the woman. Once having been here, Jairdain now knew how to travel this territory. The storms that would have been blinding to anybody else, she walked through easily. Any horrors that might have been seen were missed by her. The ghosts and spirits here weren't hers and left her alone.

She had a goal here and that was to find Eddak and bring him back. As she traversed the paths in front of her, she did not feel him. Then a change happened. It wasn't in an obvious way, but he knew who he was suddenly.

Like a beacon, the woman knew where to go. The danger was in getting there and reaching him. He was lost in his own hell and she wasn't part of it yet.

I​ am coming Eddak.

Even if he did not know it, he was about to get an unexpected visitor.

[member="Jairdain"]

Eddak didn't do much research into the netherworld when he was alive. His life did, however, come into contact with multiple events while he was around, although he was mostly secluded on his home world while things happened. Of course, some events happened to him and his people, anyway, whether he wanted to or not. But the time he found out what had happened, gaining the all the answers that he could, the time had been too long and the events were in the past. He never thought this would be how it would end, or that someone would come for him.

As Jairdain approached, she felt Eddaks force come ever closer, until it changed, like a heartbeat, and she was right on top of it. The feeling came from the center of her ship, wherever that would be. But while nothing physical would be there, the room would be filled with a brighter light than normal. When Jairdain approached, she could hear voices. Multiple voices speaking at once, getting louder and louder the closer she got, but it was all still a whisper. However, these weren't random voices; once she was close enough, she could tell... it was Eddaks voice. Most of the voices were not recognizable, as they weren't exactly speaking or calling out, but of repetition, as if they had already been spoken before. But one voice got her attention...

"Ah, I see you are getting used to the old world culture of Pzob. Now, if anyone does have a threatening go at you, miss, be sure to inform me. I'll make them beg to apologize to ya."

The travelling of the Netherworld was something of an odd thing. At one moment a thing could be what seemed miles away and on top of you in the next. That is exactly what happened to Jairdain.

Hearing the whispering voices, she almost reached out her hand. There was no need though as within a heartbeat, she was on top of them. Maybe it was her desire to find Eddak that caused this or maybe it was him reaching out to her. Doubting that last one though, it may also have just been how the Netherworld reacted to the two of them. Either way, she had reached her destination, but needed to find her way in.

When they had last parted, Eddak had asked to court her. Then he had faked his death as she had learned later when he made his announcement. Now it really had happened and she hoped she was making the correct choice in doing this. He had been taken away from them too early and he deserved another chance.

Nothing physical presented itself to her, so she hoped any barrier that might have been there was broken through.

"Where are you Eddak?"

[member=Jairdain]

Eddak was lost, in the void. He wasn't here, but he was... also here. It was perplexing and weird. Although, even hearing Jairdains voice, it didn't do much for eithers benefits. Eddak wasn't conscious, but something did happen.... the force light that was Eddaks being, in front of Jair, started to become erratic. It sparked like a powerful electric line short circuiting. But just as quickly as it looked like it was destabilizing, it burned brighter, like a sun. Out of it, it almost looked like a ghost of Eddak showed. Translucent and stuck inbetween worlds, he still was out of place. He had no physical touch, even if Jair tried to grab at him. But something changed.... something was different. Eddak was stuck in his memories, and whether she liked it or not, Jair was physically part of those memories. Hearing her voice only brought up the memories of her.

"Miss Jairdain!" He called out.

"Jairdain, how are you? I hope the trip was okay." He gave the smallest bow and then smiled at her.

No, he wasn't actually talking to her... it felt off... but...

Eddak gently reached out with both of his hands to grasp one of hers, bending down to bless her hand with a kiss.

He could physically touch her, but she couldn't reach out and grab him. It was like she was being taken through a rollercoaster, and the only way to stop was to jump off.... leaving the rollercoaster.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long

Her goal had partially been reached, not fully. A choice was being given to her. Eddak was there, but not fully. Still locked within his memory, her words had brought her into them. He was caught between life and death and she was here to bring him back. That was her goal.

She could do this in various manners. One of them would be to take him into her mind and then plant him into a new body when they returned. However, Jairdain really did not want to do it in this manner. If it were possible she would bring him back with his consent and not have it forced on him.

Being connected to the living Force gave her more power than she had before. Having been trained in both the Light and Dark, she was now a true neutral and the Force was as well. What she did next was not a drain on her at all, but she would empower the life essence of Eddak. An infusion of the Force to help stabilize his connection while she figured out the best course of action.

Accepting the kiss on her hand, she was reluctant to allow herself to being pulled in. However, that resistance did not last long.

"I am well."

There was more to her original answer, but she did not include it this time.

Her thoughts swirled and for a moment, she was lost with him. This isn't how it should be.

[member="Jairdain"]

She could feel him now, she could feel his strength, too, and his life. But as much as she tried to feed his light, it was still erratic. It was as if there was a leak in the system, and everything she put in either didn't reach him, or it went right through him. But then, she snesed something. J-... ... ... Jair...? her proximity to his beacon seemed to change him, little by little. But the more he tried to wake, the more his light became erratic and sparked. It seemed waking up or moving him would cause him to burn out. 'Jairdai- aaaah!' She heard things, more like something in her mind, more telepathic than whispers. Eddak was in pain.

"Miss Jairdain, I only wish you could know the kind of beauty I see, standing here in front of me. For you I must be some form of life force, just a light in the darkness. But for me, you are detailed, dressed, tall. You stand before me as a goddess; it is like you were given the most pleasant personality, and the most beautiful form, but forbidden to witness it yourself."

By now she knew being so close to him was beginning to wake him up, but making him conscious was killing him. Unfortunately, his life essence would not leave her, now. If she took a step back, he would completely stay at the distance he was at now, she couldn't leave. He was attached to her. His translucent form looked like trillions of tiny crystals with an insanely bright light, like a core, within him, shining outward. The longer she stayed, the more detailed his form would be, and soon enough, she could see every detail of his face, even though it didn't look like skin and hair. It was his face. The face that she knew. Before he grew old, before he changed the way he looked. His eyes tried to slowly open, 'J-jair.......?!'

She could not understand what was going on with him. What Jairdain surmised though may or may not be correct. In her act of trying to empower him, she had connected them together. A solid link that couldn't be broken. She listened to the words he said and smiled. A repeat from years ago when they met. A memory waking and reliving. If she succeeded in her goal, she didn't know which Eddak would be returning.

"Stop. I came to give you a choice, Eddak. Do you want to come back?"

Not moving, she waited patiently on his answer. No matter what it was, she would accept it. If he said yes, then she didn't see any other way to accomplish her goal than by taking his spirit into herself.

[member="Jairdain"]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Uw8mIcQJn8[/youtube]​

Her words just didn't reach him. He started to struggle in his mind, fighting what he thought was destiny or fate. This whole time Eddak did what he could and accepted what consequences there were. But this time... he wanted more. He felt he deserved more. He felt... when he felt Jairs presence, he felt he deserved to see her again. But he was lost, scattered in the void. He couldn't see, he couldn't hear, he couldn't feel. But he was fighting. Fighting?

"I am King Eddak Manod, King of Castle Galderra, Sworn Protector to Queen Arenais and Admiral of the Commenor Systems Alliance Navy," his memories of his final fight, his death.... he was forced to relive it all over again.

"No matter what happens today, you will remember me." 'No! No more! No more death, no more pain, no more misery! I want to live, I want... I want to... SEE HER!'

His mental cries were like screams forced into Jairs head. The force signature form in front of her which resembled Eddaks face started to look twisted and disgruntled, as if it was in pain. The memories were trying to show through but it was twisted and out of place. He looked angry. 'Jair! J-Jairdaaaaaain!' He screamed more and more. The force light began to flicker, dimmer and dimmer, becoming so erratic it looked like he was about to snuff himself out.

'Jair!'

"Jairdain!"

'I-l...I ...'

"Jairdain! I...", the figure in front of her, it became so obvious. The form reached out and pulled at Jair, trying to embrace her as crystals started to fall from its eyes. He was crying.
His crystal-like form gazed into her eyes with desperation and anguish, holding her close.

"Jairdain! I love... I love you!"

Like daggers in her mind threatening to kill what was left of both of them, Jairdain struggled on. She was here to accomplish something, but Eddak might not actually want it. However, as his Force and presence started to flicker, fire and fade, what he said through the pain rocked her world. It gave her the strength to carry on and try again.

While she did not love Eddak with such Force, the possibility was there. There was hope and that was the best she could give him. It was honest, truthful and open. She was not going to try and deceive him into thinking something about her was wrong.

"Eddak, come back with me. Don't leave me now. Life is just a touch away. Have faith, hold that love and follow me."

There was power in her voice that spoke more than her words.

"I want that chance that was missed, Eddak. Please come back."

If in the end she ​failed, she really had tried. Having that hope though...it was all she could do.

[member="Jairdain"]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BbxYI8SM3U[/youtube]​

Eddaks face shook as he cried in the darkness, the void engulfing him. "Jair! Listen, I will never leave you! Listen, never be afraid, never be afraid, reach out! I will always be there for you. Life is more than what's in front of you, don't waste.... don't waste it like I did." Her words didn't get to him. It was as if he was shouting to a distant figure who didn't hear or see him, but he desperately tried to leave something behind. "Jairdain! Don't let.... that beauty die out....please.... stay bright. Burn brighter.... for me...." His crystal-like form looked down at the ground as his grip loosened, "don't... don't burn out.... don't...." Just as bright as he was, the crystals that enhanced the light, slowly started to fade and fall away. Slowly, in front of Jair, he started to dissipate, into nothing. "I did it for you!" He looked up shouting, the grip tightening, "I did everything I could! Why do I have to die? Why do I.... have to die....?" His words started to sound farther and farther away. The last few crystals around his face started to fall, "noooo, no, no, noooo!"

The core, that was his bright center, held strong, however. It slowly fell to the ground, and it continued to burn, even though it was dulled. It hardened into an unrefined gem, a force crystal now laid at Jairdains feet, flickering, trying to stay bright. It was all that was left of Eddak. His Living Force. It was marine green in color, and it had a great capacity for the force, but it was weakened.

She had failed. It was soon very clear Jairdain had made a grave mistake. The Force had taken Eddak before and she hadn't followed the code of her people. There was purpose in death even if it wasn't known why. As he spoke to her and started falling apart, there was nothing she could do to stop it.

In her mind it was like all the weight of everything she had recently been through finally broke. The break up of one relationship, Her almost cold blooded murder of another person, the fall of the Alliance and her illness from that. Then the attack of the sith on Commenor and the fact the prince was missing, her mind was overwhelmed and had enough of things.

His life faded in front of her and pieces started falling, tears from her joined the stones. What he said was not lost on her and pierced her to the core. He died because she failed. Her hope hadn't been enough of a pull and because she didn't love him, he died.

The last piece of him hit the ground and lay at her feet. Following it down, the woman curled up around it and cried. Her mind was shattered, but not in the same way it had been before. This time her alignment remained the same, but she was lost. Not knowing how long she laid there crying, when she finished, she picked up that small gem and held it close. It wasn't what she had come for, but it was all she had now of Eddak.

[member="Jairdain"]

The room stayed quiet, and cold, as if frozen in time, as Jairdain fell to the floor and cried. Only when she pick up the crystal, did warmth and life start to fill the room. As she picked it up, she felt a warmth on her back. Eddaks force ghost was slowly embracing her from behind, holding her. He took her into a strong, warm embrace, as if protecting her, although there was no physical touch. Still, Jair could feel the warmth and the force from him. "Shhhhhh, it's okay, Jairdain," he whispered. Unfortunately, he still somewhat ignored anything she said towards him, like before. She couldn't directly speak to him, but some would get through. If she were to stand, he would have also stood up. "I'll always be here to protect you," another soft whisper came with his force ghost somewhat changing. His left arm stretched out, and formed what appeared to be a personal shield. His right arm also stretched out, and it looked like a spear formed in his hand. "Do not stray from your path, Jairdain. It is not your fault. But I need you to keep going. You have to. If I am to protect you, you can not falter." Jairdain would be given the knowledge of Eddaks War Shield and the Great Galderran Spear to help protect her, by the power of the Force. But should she stray to the Light, or the Dark, she would not only lose these force abilities, but she would also lose Eddak. Although, the Elders on his world could probably still teach her Galderra Magic, but with the fall of Eddak, the college wouldn't be active. It is unknown if the elders remain. "I need my Queen to stay strong..."

Embraced or not, Jairdain's emotional state was still shattered. It may take even longer for her to recover from this than when her mind had been shattered before. The break up of her longest relationship had started her fall into this state. Then with the prince missing, the fall of Commenor, Eddak's second death and that former flame coming to her to have his memories altered and taking their entire relationship out of them...now this, all Jairdain wanted to do was hide.

His words essentially fell on deaf ears right now, the support he offered wasn't felt. However as lost as she was, some of it did reach her. She still blamed herself for this and that feeling would remain with her. She attempted to stand, but could not yet. At least she was now sitting up and held the stone in her hands.

Knowing she had to continue on, she put on a brave face. Those tears still came though and it was only a mask. Until she recovered, this was how it was going to be. She knew what Force path she was on and that had not changed. His unheard words amplified to her what path that was and she would not change from that. He called her his queen, but only 'stay strong' reached her.

"I must go on, stay strong and help people."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom