What's New
Star Wars RP

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LF Help Gathering Listed Materials

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Writer
I don't care what it is. I'm bored and I'll be free for the next few hours while everyone else is either at work or still sleeping.

Edit: Actually...
If anyone is interested in doing a little exploring, there are several rare trinkets I'm looking for throughout the galaxy. I already have half of what I need, so I'll list the other half here.

  • An Ultima Pearl from Dac.
  • A Rainbow gem from Gallinore.
  • A Permafrost from Hoth.
  • A Hurrikaine from Hurikane.
  • Shell Spider Silk.
  • Vardium Steel Ore.
 

Scarlet Faith

Red like Roses
Character
*Pulls out massive scythe, then whistles nonchalantly*
 

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Writer
Ayña Kottos said:
Edit: Actually...
If anyone is interested in doing a little exploring, there are several rare trinkets I'm looking for throughout the galaxy. I already have half of what I need, so I'll list the other half here.

An Ultima Pearl from Dac.
A Rainbow gem from Gallinore.
A Permafrost from Hoth.
A Hurrikaine from Hurikane.
Shell Spider Silk.
Vardium Steel Ore.
;3
 

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Writer
Cool. First stop: Bottom of the Ocean!
@[member="Aronis Vilgar"] @[member="Scarlet Faith"]
 

Shinju

Eater of the Dead
Writer
@[member="Darth Kyros"] small correction the Dark'chyld AI was for sentient saber crystals forging a bond with a person. A rainbow gem could if it was old enough and the person strong enough be applied to a saber and make the saber talk.
 

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Writer
I don't see any experience or health bars, so I think we're good. :p
Edit: And I believe she was referring to the Ultima Pearl, Shinju.
 

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Writer
So even the non-game ones and even the one-of-a-kind relic ones, the one or two there are (I'm speaking in general here), do... zip. That's what you mean?
 

Atlas Kane

Guest
A
Why notz? I'll help.
Edit: I just remembered, I already have lots of threads and I also have lots of stuff to do for school since the new semester just started here. Sorry, but in one or two weeks maybe.
 

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Writer
@[member="Yasuo"] The only way anyone can help at this point is to bring a sub. We're going treasure hunting.

Also, there's more to a crystal than just "i r keel u with my 1337 x1,000 Force powahz instant kill see everything crystal," the vast majority of them all have unique traits beyond color, such as blade density, length, width, composition, affinity, personal or group attunement, individual traits such as the spilling of plasma "lava" or the pulsating of a blade, even things like he said, organic and sometimes even sentient crystals or non-crystal catalysts. That is what makes them all so very truly unique. Most of them aren't a power trip item at all. As a matter of fact, the only one I can think of that is would be the Kaiburr Crystal, and to my knowledge it's long gone and there is only one fragment floating around at all canonically speaking. To lose all of that would be to kill all the fun in the potentially most iconic piece of Star Wars lore.
 

Balaya Praelior

Balaya Zambrano, One of Many
Character
Ayña Kottos said:
@[member="Yasuo"] The only way anyone can help at this point is to bring a sub. We're going treasure hunting.

Also, there's more to a crystal than just "i r keel u with my 1337 x1,000 Force powahz instant kill see everything crystal," the vast majority of them all have unique traits beyond color, such as blade density, length, width, composition, affinity, personal or group attunement, individual traits such as the spilling of plasma "lava" or the pulsating of a blade, even things like he said, organic and sometimes even sentient crystals or non-crystal catalysts. That is what makes them all so very truly unique. Most of them aren't a power trip item at all. As a matter of fact, the only one I can think of that is would be the Kaiburr Crystal, and to my knowledge it's long gone and there is only one fragment floating around at all canonically speaking. To lose all of that would be to kill all the fun in the potentially most iconic piece of Star Wars lore.
No Ashin has the Kuiburr crystal and yes all crystals save ones gathered from events hold no special function. There are maybe five that are accepted and rare. Morna has the lava, Zaiden had a shadow (traded with Ashin for her saber), Aleidis had Yoda's, several have a pontite, there is the Siren's wail which Velok gave to Shinju and the Dark'chyld crystals. Most others just can be there and change nothing on a blade.
 

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Writer
Balaya Zambrano said:
No Ashin has the Kuiburr crystal and yes all crystals save ones gathered from events hold no special function. There are maybe five that are accepted and rare. Morna has the lava, Zaiden had a shadow (traded with Ashin for her saber), Aleidis had Yoda's, several have a pontite, there is the Siren's wail which Velok gave to Shinju and the Dark'chyld crystals. Most others just can be there and change nothing on a blade.
See, that sucks the life right out of it. The changes on most crystals are subliminal and usually cosmetic. To say they do nothing is to really shiv and gut Star Wars.

Edit: Yet you guys have the Kaiburr Crystal, the most noob op gg crystal in the whole darn lore. Nice....
 

Scarlet Faith

Red like Roses
Character
I think it would really be cool if you could obtain these crystals and all of their effects, just with challenges varying in difficulty based on how powerful the ability is. Kind of like what they have with the restricted materials. However since there's so many, just have a system where you submit your preferred crystal for use, and an admin or RPJ gives you a challenge that you must complete in a thread to get it.
 

Balaya Praelior

Balaya Zambrano, One of Many
Character
Ayña Kottos said:
See, that sucks the life right out of it. The changes on most crystals are subliminal and usually cosmetic. To say they do nothing is to really shiv and gut Star Wars.
it keeps people from trying to run around with two solari crystals and saying they can do more damage against darksiders or vice versa with the quinoxi. Or crystals that had the game mechanic purely of stat increases and blaster bolt deflection
 

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Writer
Balaya Zambrano said:
it keeps people from trying to run around with two solari crystals and saying they can do more damage against darksiders or vice versa with the quinoxi. Or crystals that had the game mechanic purely of stat increases and blaster bolt deflection
So they nerf the system by completely stunting customization? People should be trusted to use common sense as with everything else here, and moreover, incredibly rare or powerful crystals should be being subbed. People submit regular sabers all the time anyways.

What is more, the fact that the Kaiburr crystal is anywhere at all is disturbing. Especially when you consider the implications of what you just said on top of it. Way to one-side the power... :/

Sorry, but hilts aside, crystal customization and cosmetics are what make lightsabers fun, especially in the RP environment. It's like hanging the best part of the universe out to dry.
 
Top