Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's make a ship!

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Though many did not know it, Valik was now something akin to a businessman. Owning a small company of one employee, himself, making various products and selling them to customers suited for his unique creations. As such, he now had to be on the lookout for new customers, competent people to hide the influx of his products, and use them properly. He had seen several of his devices misused and underappreciated in the Sith Empire, he didn't plan on having them remain as such any longer. Quality over quantity, always. As such, he had heard through the grapevine of several sliced terminals about the bounty on Ashin Varanin and her wife, which made him chuckle a bit. He wagered whoever tried would be in for more than they bargained for. At least, that's what he thought until he heard a pair of bounty hunters had actually captured her, with intent to turn her in. From what he had heard Ashin and Spencer had escaped after the initial payment was made, which lead itself to interesting outcomes. Valik decided that he wished to meet these bounty hunters, see what he could do with them. Thus, he sent them a message over the holonet, after a few days of slicing in order to obtain their rumored identities and contact information. They were difficult to track, which was annoying, but promising. He hoped they'd live up to the hype.

@[member="Hannibal Oryen"] & @[member="Kitt Solo"]

My name is Warren Valik. I heard through the grapevine that the two of you managed to capture my friends Varanin and Jacobs, though the pair escaped. To me, this means one of two things, either Ashin trusted you two and had some sort of deal worked out in order to trap those who put the bounty on her, or the two of you were competent enough to not only capture her, but survive her escape attempt. In either case your actions are most impressive, and not unnoticed. I have a very delicate job for the two of you, along with money and skill in creating weapons and armor, so if the two of you wish to increase your payday I'd love an opportunity to meet. My ship will be a small transport parked outside Shasfath. Bring whatever you wish, I'll brief you on the mission upon arrival. It wont' be easy, but I trust a pair with your talents will relish the challenge.

-Warren Valik

@[member="Valik"]

Thankfully Hannibal still had Billiard's datapad when that message was sent. After forwarding it to his actual inbox, Hannibal deleted the message, gave it back to Billiard, and sent that rather upset hunter on his way. He'd get over it. Hannibal hadn't really thought of the implications of people hearing rumors pertaining to the scam on the mutant until he got that message. A sad thing that the reputation was being lopped onto Billiard instead. Hannibal preferred his anonymity anyway. Made things easier, or at least that's how he rationalized it.

The Negative Perspiration fell out of hyperspace, cruising into what would probably be considered the outskirts of the Shasfath star cluster. What an absolutely horrendous name. Hannibal didn't dare say it out loud, it looked almost painful. Perhaps it was the cluster's name that contributed to the fact that it was devoid of visitors outside the clandestine meeting that Hannibal was currently a part of. He'd have to remember this place.

Eventually a vessel Hannibal was unfamiliar with showed up on his sensors. Feeling reasonably confident that this was the guy who had sent the holomail, the Fondorian radioed in his arrival.

"Ring-a-ding-ding. That you, Mr. Valik?"

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
When dealing with a bounty hunter who had managed to capture a former Sith Empress, through legitimate means or otherwise, Ring-a-ding-ding was not what one usually expected. Nor had he expected anyone to call him “Mr.” Valik, normally being called Valik, or Dr. Valik, or Vee as a certain twi’lek had become accustomed to calling him. He almost considered not answering, but the man was here, and the man knew his name, so he was either the man Valik was looking for or a loose end that needed to be dealt with.

“Indeed it is. I’ve a job for you and your companion when the two of you are ready and up to it. Do you prefer to discuss it onboard or on a planet?” He asked, not really caring one way or the other.

@[member="Hannibal Oryen"]

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
@[member="Valik"] @[member="Hannibal Oryen"]

Booted-feet kicked-up casually on the console of Hannibal's ship, her behind securely parked in the co-pilot's seat. Eyebrows waggled at Valik's choice of wording as she shot her partner a look, mouthing the word.

'Companion.'

She bit back a grin, glad she was off the transmission. "Up to you, boss." - in response to the planetary or ship bound negotiations. She gave Hannibal a wink and took out her blaster, examining the power settings.

@[member="Valik"] | @[member="Kitt Solo"]

Although Hannibal didn't like when people put their feet up on his things, he forwent berating Kitt for such a thing so he could instead reply to Valik. He would have loved to meet on a planet, but now they were in the middle of a star cluster with not a single rock to land on nearby. Hannibal was more interested in getting the talking over with sooner rather than later, after another lengthy hyperspace jump. That way he could get back on the hunt. Shooting, stealing, kidnapping, slicing, maiming... That kind of thing.

"We'll board." Hannibal replied, informing Solo and Valik simultaneously. "See ya in a jiff."

Hannibal pressed a few buttons on the Negative Perspiration's controls before beginning to slowly, delicately, inch it towards Valik's ship for a link-up.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Valik hit a couple of switches and a Force Cylinder was created between the two ships, allowing safe passage between them. Upon coming into the ship they'd find various odds and ends laying all over the place, taken-apart blasters, shielding prototypes, canisters filled with unmarked chemicals, and other incomplete prototypes. Between scorch marks of and blaster burns the hull was less than pretty, but looked rather sturdy, if only because it held up to all the abuse Valik had put it through.

"I'm glad you two have come." Valik said as they reached him, as well as a small piloting droid. The Sekairo required two to pilot, and Valik favored the company of those he could reprogram. "I've a more difficult job that I need done. Stealthily entering a very important military base, and copying all of the data I can from it's archives. I can give the two of you fake identities, digital or otherwise" He said as he continued his conversation, but his face began to change form, his hair changing from a dark black to a lighter blonde. "If all goes well we should be able to get in, swipe the data we need, then get out undetected. If not getting out could become very difficult very quickly. Compensation will not be an issue as long as the job is completed."

@[member="Hannibal Oryen"] @[member="Kitt Solo"]

@[member="Kitt Solo"] | @[member="Valik"]

This was a messy looking workplace, but Hannibal could sympathize. Not that he was a droid engineer or anything. That would be ridiculous. Hannibal would have said something smarmy, made a comment on something or other, but then Valik pulled some kind of voodoo magic face-change-a-roony. Hannibal didn't get it, he didn't understand what he had just seen, but no doubt there was stranger stuff going on elsewhere in the Galaxy. It had been a long time since Hannibal had done something stealthy. Infiltrating military compounds and stealing vital information was always a fun thing to do. Being a cyborg with the capabilities to hook up to things wirelessly made it that much easier.

"Whose compound 're we talkin' about 'ere?" Hannibal ventured. He was wary of this guy's angle as well, though he might as well have been some information broker looking to sell off a corporation's latest blueprints to the highest bidder.

Whatever Valik's answer, Hannibal was bound to accept. He was eyeing a new cybernetic augmentation, and it wasn't the cheap sort either.

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex

"Somebody said something about accepting jobs from space ninjas," she muttered and whispered beneath her breath to her companion, hands casually perched near her pockets with an innocent look across her features. Myrtle-ellipses widened slightly at their potential employer's change in look.

"Gotta admit, that's pretty hot." She wanted to nudge Hannibal but withheld herself, keeping her actions mostly professional. "And what kind of resistance are we talking about here if things get...messy?"

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Valik sighed inwardly. He had hoped they'd be willing to overlook the exact details, but he supposed that wasn't going to work. He pulled a small disc from his hand and pressed a button on the end and a holo appeared displaying their target, no small station or shipyard. "I believe you can fill in the dots on just how big the resistance could be. I doubt any of the true foes will be waiting for us there, but would instead be a quick alarm and hyperspace jump away. As I've said before I can alter our appearance, this ship can get us in unnoticed, the difficulty in the job involves getting as much data as we can as quickly as we can." He said to the two, before closing the holo.

"Are you still in?"

@[member="Hannibal Oryen"] @[member="Kitt Solo"]

Hannibal gazed at the holo. He wished he had a beverage in hand, so that he could take a sip and subsequently spit it out in shock of the target. This was crazy. Suicidal, even. When was the last time anyone had cased this joint in the way Valik wanted them to? Had that even happened before? No one with their head screwed on right would take this job. It was far too risky. Even with a stealth ship at their disposal and Valik's magic plastic surgery, there were too many other variables to consider. Hannibal had robbed banks before, but this? This was way, way too much.

"I'm in."

Unfortunately, Hannibal liked crazy. And although he was never adverse to doing something unnecessarily risky, he certainly was adverse to doing it without getting paid a whole mess of money or something equally valuable. Maybe he would ask for one of these stealth ships. A far sweeter ride than the ancient freighter he currently owned. Also, chicks dig stealth ships. But there was another, more pressing concern that Hannibal had to voice before he could devote time to fantasizing about what he would do with his own personal stealth transport.

"That, uh, 'at whole appearance thing..." He said, somewhat cautiously. "That ain't painful, is it?"

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
@[member="Hannibal Oryen"] @[member="Valik"]

The newb-hunter shot Hannibal a sideways glance. "Look who's jumpin' head first this time? Sure I can't change your mind about Shorn?" Casting him a wink, she nodded to the sith. "You had me at fill in the dots."

"C'mon boss, you go in with guns a'blazin' to fight legions and you're worried about a little ol' appearance change?" Chestnut brow lofted at her partner.

"First of all, ain't nothin' in there 'at'll snap my neck 'n slam me inta th' walls 'till I'mma bloody pulp." Hannibal retorted, shooting a nasty glare at his disciple for trying to embarrass him in front of a client. It was not a particularly meaningful action, seeing as how he presently had his helmet on. But if that dual-visor thing could glare...

Getting shot, stabbed, punched, or otherwise busted up wasn't Hannibal's favorite thing, but it was part of his job and he could handle it fine enough. What he had a problem dealing with was the space magic. Hannibal didn't get it. He didn't want to get it. Frankly, as a secret man of science and discernible logic, the Force terrified him. It could hardly be studied but it was used in these crazy, inexplicable ways all the time. He didn't exactly relish dealing with it, or those that shoved their noses too deep into it. Mr. Valik von Facechangearooski didn't do much to scare Hannibal, but like all space wizards, Hannibal was convinced it was simply a lack of effort on his part.

But Hannibal would never owe up to any of that in a million years. Instead, he simply said: "I ain't scared; just, ah, inquisitive. I gotta know these things."

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Valik put a slight grin as the two agreed to continue on with the job despite possible complications. Then a chuckle as one of the bounty hunters inquired as to the pain of the process.

"One in your profession should understand that nothing in the galaxy is without it's cost." He said, before tossing the two some datapads with a user-friendly face creating algorithm. "I'll let the two of you pick your new faces. Just tell me when you've got something." He said , and began heading to the bridge. "I'll be getting the coordinates in and punching to hyperdrive as the two of you figure that out. Best get this job done as quickly as possible." He said, and then went to the cockpit and did what he said, punching in coordinates and getting them into hyperspace. It'd be less than a day before they arrived, time was of the essence.

@[member="Kitt Solo"] @[member="Hannibal Oryen"]

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
@[member="Hannibal Oryen"] @[member="Valik"]

Kitt held Hannibal's visored gaze, undaunted beneath the unmistakable parental glare. Being a budding empath and working with him long enough she didn't need to see his face to know. Fingertips zipped over Valik's technology as they traveled through hyperspace.

"This is like fething Life Day!" Unlike her mentor, she had no qualms about using mystic-force stuff. She just didn't like it when she used that stuff and it felt like it was using her.

"I'm thinking a red-head. There are so many of those gingers around; I should fit right in. What do you think, boss? Maybe I should go for overweight too, oh, OH or above sixty."

"Try not ta gross me out, will ya?" Hannibal grumbled, totally unsatisfied with Valik's response. Maybe not so much unsatisfied as... Terrified. A knot formed in his stomach, but Hannibal ignored it. Pride would keep him from backing out.

Unlike Kitt, Hannibal was less inclined to mess around intricately with this kind of stuff. Besides, he had no idea what he wanted to look like for a totally impermanent disguise. This whole idea of shopping for a magical face transplant made him squeamish. Hannibal decided to smack the randomize option a dozen times until something came up that he could bare. Several times an individual of a portly disposition popped up on the display, which only annoyed Hannibal. He hated fat people. There was absolutely no basis for this hatred, it was simply how he felt. Stranger still was that this hatred didn't extend towards Hutts. They probably couldn't help it. Those other fat humanoid bastards probably could, though.

Another randomized face. Was he taking too long? Yeah, this one would do.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
@[member="Hannibal Oryen"] | @[member="Kitt Solo"]

As they came out of hyperspace and neared their target Valik first activated their Stygium cloak, as one could not very well activate it while in hyperspace, and then headed back to find the two bounty hunters behind him to see if they had made their choices. He saw the one name Hannibal had made his choice, so he found an exposed piece of skin on the bounty hunter and painfully reshaped his face and boy into something else.

"Are you ready?" He asked, turning to the lady of the pair and wondering if she had finished playing with the face creating algorithm he'd given her.

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex

This time her harumphs maintained silent in response to her mentor's tone of disapproval. The big guy was just nervous even though he would never admit it. Pfft, cybrogs and their pride.

Myrtle-ellipses snapped to Valik. Giving Hannibal a once over in his new face. "H'yup. I'm ready. I'm going ginger. Should blend in with this face."

She handed the datapad to the sith wizard. http://newsplies.com/anxious-moment-julia-roberts-on-red-carpet/julia-roberts/

Hannibal probably would have screamed, had the searing, unbelievable pain not caused his body to lock up. Hannibal fell backwards, hitting the deck with a thud and lying perfectly still, mute and paralyzed, as he waited for the pain to subside. This was not a pleasant sensation. Having one's face rearranged through magic seldom could be such a thing. If Hannibal had known this process was going to be required for the mission, he would have brought drugs or something. If Valik hadn't just gone and slapped him on his exposed hand, he probably would have turned a stun blaster on himself beforehand.

After what felt like an eternity, Hannibal eventually sat himself back up. The pain had ebbed, but there was this weird sensation on his head.

Wait a minute.

Hannibal removed his helmet, running his hand over his head. It wasn't as smooth as before. In fact, it got caught in something. Hair. Hair? Hair. In addition to looking like Rick Astley, Hannibal could finally experience the joys of having a full head of hair. Fondorians were a naturally hairless species, but now Hannibal was an exception to that. All it had taken was space magic.

"Awesome."

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
@[member="Kitt Solo"] | @[member="Hannibal Oryen"]

"Excellent choice" He said, before touching whatever piece of exposed she had that was most convenient and socially acceptable for him touch. From there her body would painfully reshape itself until her face changed to what she desired.

"Unless we have time I won't bother messing with their cameras. We're not ourselves anyways so it shouldn't matter. My name is Alex Smith and I'm an engineer interviewing for a job. I'm a very paranoid man, so you two are my security. Once we get into R&D we take down security, download the data, and get out. Ready?"

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex

Face went pale as the pain shot through her body. Maybe being an empath made her feel her own pain tenfold. Don't pass out. Don't pass out. Don't pass o--.......

Clunk.

Newly-colored eyelids fluttered open from her horizontal position on the floor as she stared up at Valik and the new Hannibal.

"Uggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Next time you say it's painful, warn me how painful. Re-ady." Hand shot-up and grabbed Hannibal's whether he offered or not, to pull herself back to her feet. The dude was a cyborg, he could handle tugging up the extra weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom