Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's get it started.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKqV7DB8Iwg

Ok, so I am very eager to start getting some story line going and I thought this would be a great place to start discussing it.

I had a thought that was brought up with a few others and wanted to share it here to get feedback. This is very much still an abstract idea, and hopefully we can flesh it out a bit :)

So, in watching Episode II today, the thought occurred to me that we could use a similar storyline. The three movies outline how the Republic fell and the Empire rose to power. We could have two opposing governments at the center of Epsilon and have much of the storyline of the faction revolve around these two in conflict. We have a decent number of Sith and Jedi already, so it would make sense for one sect of the faction would be aligned with the lightside, the other the darkside.

Now I could see several ways to play this out and I'm sure we could come up with more. But my thoughts were:

(1) Have the two factions actively at war
(2) Have the two factions in a cold war (similar to the Sith Empire and Republic in SWTOR)
(3) Have one government (lightside) completely oblivious to the other (darkside) and have it play out through machinations and eventually a breakout of war.

Now if this is an idea worth pursuing and people like it, there are a number of things I can think of off the top of my head that needs to be considered further.

For example, how would we fit this into the universe on Chaos? Where would these "governments" be stationed? How would the major conflicts (e.g., Republic vs One Sith) fit into this?......

Anyway, that is the rough outline of my idea.

Thoughts?

EDIT: A thought that just occurred to me. Seeing as we all come from various faction backgrounds (e.g., Kian is still an active member of the Republic) perhaps the lightside faction or at least part of it, could be a conclave of lightside force users who have sensed a growing darkness and the missions/threads we do can revolved around trying to uncover this. While the darkside side of things can be that growing darkness, manipulating events to their own ends.

#3 also would be my choice because it would let us build the coming war, the reasons for it and really get behind it.

And as for the conclave of lightsiders who have sensed this coming darkness. I particularly like this. Especially since my character is gifted in precognition, so in addition to sensing the coming darkness, could even throw in a vision of a great war that is coming soon. Or something to that effect. :) But I like it a lot!

Another thing that came up on skype and now I want to transfer it over to here, is the idea that we can bring ALL characters into this through various story arcs.

For example, perhaps our NFUs are working on a number of threads that discover 1 piece of the puzzle, while the Jedi are investigating this growing darkness, while the Sith are plotting, and the dark Jedi are.....well being dark Jedi ;)

Eventually, these stories would all collide!

[member="Lugus Porkins"] - [member="Coryth Elaris"]

An idea I came up with over Skype was that perhaps the events this faction is built around all occur in a star cluster known as--wait for it--the Epsilon Cluster. Maybe this cluster of star systems was hidden or at least a foreboding place to travel as it is surrounded by black holes, pulsars, nebulae, and asteroid fields.

But the Epsilon Cluster houses worlds rich with resources (and potentially an ancient power or a superweapon forge), opening up plenty of stories for a darkside vs lightside 'gold rush' to keep the enemy from harnessing the systems' influence, materials, and--in the case of the darksided factions--producing secret WMDs. In the meantime, neutral parties such as corporations, smugglers, pirates, and colonists will find themselves unwittingly in the center of a potentially massive conflict, just like Kian has suggested!

Kian Karr said:
For example, perhaps our NFUs are working on a number of threads that discover 1 piece of the puzzle, while the Jedi are investigating this growing darkness, while the Sith are plotting, and the dark Jedi are.....well being dark Jedi ;) Eventually, these stories would all collide!

I like the ideas.

That said, one should keep in mind that you cannot put all chars in neat boxes labelled 'light', 'dark', 'NFU' etc.

NFUs are 99.9% of the Galaxy...and they clearly don't all work together! Moira and Madeline Kahoshi are genocidal terminatrices using a droid company as a front to pursue their nefarious plans. And thus obviously not pursuing the same goals as say Gen. After all, Jedi Luke worked with 'NFUs' in the Rebel Alliance.

Likewise 'Neutral' strikes me more as a catch-all phrase used for all chars who don't fit as light siders or Jedi, but aren't so evil to be considered Sith or similarly dark. Siobhan is a Dark Jedi, but friends with [member="Coryth Elaris"], so she would not be acting in opposition to her.

I was wondering about this. We have Sith and we have Jedi. We have the Republic and we have the Empire. We have democracy and we have tyrants. What about a faction of equals under one banner, though, who aren't necessarily judged by the way one gets things done over the other?

That or civil war would be fun, I suppose.

This is Lugus/Uri btw.

Epsilon.png

To add to the gold rush/conquest idea, this could be our best reason for having all of these characters find there way to Epsilon or the Epsilon Cluster. The rumor of valuable resources or even something bigger. A message to lure people in.(see above can edit) We could even go as far to say ship stop working after getting so close to the planet and they are left stranded without contact home.

Instead of separating Jedi and NFU and darks and sith, it would probably make more sense to separate by faction instead to start with. Since they would be trying to commandeer the planet for their factions or maybe some for personal gain. I can make a map of the planet or cluster and give every one a base camp. From there we can do our own... wait we are trying to get way from the coloring maps. :p

Still we can have base camps of the sort. As time passes we can have skirmishes with what our set factions enemies would be. Anything from full battles to guerrilla tactics. Some factions have less members represented so allies can be made to compensate. diplomats will be needed. :) and that could eventually grow into the two or three major teams. And maybe there can be an even bigger plot that unites them under this one banner for Epsilon.

if we do the stranded when they are finally able to leave, they could chose to return to the faction or chose Epsilon instead since such loyalty could be forged.

Kendrix said:
To add to the gold rush/conquest idea, this could be our best reason for having all of these characters find there way to Epsilon or the Epsilon Cluster. The rumor of valuable resources or even something bigger.
Sounds a lot like the Valen site event - but better.

I like this idea. Not having access to massive amounts of war assets or other resources is what makes it so much fun. Small pockets of troops and supplies along with a very hostile environment and/or populace would be something I would want as well.

But instead of doing good vs evil (so played out. :) ) we can do faction vs faction (or freelance for the factionless.) the idea gives us conflict but also a reason for us to grow on the planet/cluster.

Faction vs planet as well. Do survival threads as well (if they are stranded food and such can be scarce. Creatures can attack. Weather can be a bi arch) We can open an extra forum for codex and factory presubmissions to give the planets and ourselves reasonable tech and natural landmarks or creatures and just never submit them in the site codex and factory so that trolls don't go after Epsilon just to get what the planet has or our goodies. Every thing on planet or in the cluster only matter to us anyway so no one else should care. (Keyword should)

I mentioned skirmishes we can Also do dominions of land marks (no need for 100 posts) and invasions of base camps(too soon?) in other words we could easily make our own event in chaos. >.> Epsilon conquest. Lock your tents, hide your human younglings so that the aren't eaten by beasts, pray those jerks from the next camp over don't raid you in the middle of the night. Star Wars meets elder scrolls? :D

I like the idea of faction against faction/nature. Some characters are hard to categorize. *cough*Veles*cough*. How is a kindly Sith supposed to find a suitable group?! :lol: I regret nothing ;)

I am for the idea of all groups moving to this wonderful planet, each faction/character with their own agenda and goals. Sith and Jedi/Pubs could be there to spread their influence over the population and gain access to the planet's resources, possibly to study anomalies or just to stop the opposing team. Neutrals could be there either to just chill in pubs (more about that later), seek out hidden treasures, get involved in some conflicts among locals, be in the wrong time in the wrong place and become targets of corrupt officials, infiltrate a local governor's mansion and rob him blind, ... again, the possibilities are endless.

I particularly like this idea because it will all happen on one planet while allowing for skirmishes/invasions/dominions. All groups will shape the planet by small portions, all will have limited resources to prevent them from completely wiping out the other. It might also be good to keep Jedi/Sith far away from each other and instead of playing the all out war scenario, they would fight in an occasional skirmish when the two factions met in the same area.

There definitely should be neutral cities/ places for all to meet and just chat. Like pubs. Pubs are perfect for that sort of thing. Meet new people, get wasted, have a beer with your enemy before returning to the trenches. YES!!!!!

I was going more for having a blank slate to work with. Make the planet or cluster how we want it. The goulash(you heard me) plague wipes out the inhabitants and the 400 year of darkness and crazy hostile space make epsilon lost to the rest of the Galaxy. History stopped and it became a legend. Until now. :)

There could be a mystery involved as to what really ended the inhabitants of epsilon and if it really was the plague.

Another story-line I'd like to see explored if people are interested is simply in the exploration of this new "Epsilon Cluster." As such I'd like to develop a scientific vessel dedicated to exploring the region of space.

This exploration can bob and weave in and out of any other stories that are going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom