Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's Fly!

Tritus watched the man run in, but didn't reach for a weapon. If he'd wanted to attack them, he'd have been smarter about it. Maybe he was being chased, but similarly the chaser would've arrived by this point. Looking over the crew, he felt an odd sense of pride, as if he had found a second family somehow. Unlikely, but it was a nice thought. Then Orrico cracked a joke, and Tritus for the first time in a while, gave a genuine smile and a small chuckle.

"This many pilots means we won't all be able to fly. Perhaps it would be best if I resigned myself to tactical and navigational data, may be easier to monitor. Up to you though Captain. My question is, where to first?"

[member="Loreena Arenais"] / [member="Arekk"] / [member="Asajj Novar"] / [member="Mark Cross"] / [member="Orrico Wayke"]

Arekk

The Flesh Of Fallen Angels
ZXYwnwq.png
Phaeda, Cademimu Sector, Outer Rim Territories​
"To teach, one must be willing to learn."
——————————————————————
[member="Loreena Arenais"] ~ [member="Asajj Novar"] ~ [member="Tirtus Vex"] ~ [member="Orrico Wayke"]

"A mixologist?" An ear-to-ear grin beamed on Ar'ekk's face, almost child-like, as he spoke. "This is getting better with time."

His eyes dragged from Mark to Lori, acknowledging her kind words with a firm nod and the wave of his hand. Most of the people in his line work were after the credits and personal glory but he did it for the thrill of adventure, money wasn't an issue for him and his penthouse on Lithios was one of the many things to prove that. Betraying this forming crew was out of the question and instead seeking to protect them in one way or the other was more like it.

"I appreciate that, Lori."

His cybernetic arm slid into his leather jacket to grab a pack of cancer sticks from an inner pocket, tucking one between his lips and using his finger-lighter to ignite the tip, exhaling smoke out of his nostrils and eventually passing around the pack except to Lori.

"You are too young to have a smoke, kiddo. Don't think I will give you one, I know you are smart."

A laugh escaped him as he said so, tapping his temple to accompany his friendly comment.
——————————————————————

Lori nodded as [member="Mark Cross"] listed out his skills. He had a good sense of humour and that helped!

Her attention turned to [member="Orrico Wayke"] as he joked. She snickered at his second one. It probably wouldn't be long before they all had experienced her own goofy humour. For now though, she had to try to be mature and all business.

She scrunched up her nose and shook her head as [member="Arekk"] offered her a smoke. "No thanks.
My Dad would kill me."
That and it stunk! But she wasn't gonna stop him. The ship had great ventilation.

Lori turned to [member="Tirtus Vex"] and smiled. "I think that I've got it all sorted out. Tirtus, you can be the co-pilot. Orrico, you can be the pilot. Mark, you'll be the chef, Asajj, you'll be security and Arekk, you'll be communications. We can all use our mechanical skills and everything as well. Plus we'll all need training on the turrets. We have to be able to cover eachother in case someone gets hurt.

Our first order of business isn't shipping cargo. We're going to help my Dad [member="Veiere Arenais"] liberate Commenor and free my Mom. Does everyone have what they need to ship out?"

"Ah? Veiere is heading the fleet right?" Asajj idly scratched her chin as she listened, peering around the group again. They were a good bunch. But she had obligations on the ground. Obligations that wouldn't allow her to fly with them just yet. She stood up, dusting herself off before moving to leave. "I've got to be on the ground for that conflict unfortunately. Should we all survive, I hope you'll let me back on. Till then though, farewell you lot."

[member="Loreena Arenais"] @Arekk @Tirtus Vex [member="Mark Cross"] [member="Orrico Wayke"]

Orrico watched [member="Loreena Arenais"] quietly as she laid down the law, and made crew assignments. Pilot wasn't what he expected, but he wouldn't lie, he rather relished the thought of being able to fly this beauty. He nodded in response to the question posed, adding, "Sure do, lil' lady. Got the clothes on my back, the pistol on my hip, and the credits in my pocket. Anything more is just luxury."

He pushed himself to his feet, and clapped his hands lightly, rubbing them together in anticipation. "Now, I'm all for diving in head first, but if our first order of business is a war zone, I think I might oughta do some studyin'."

He glanced over to [member="Tirtus Vex"] and nodded his head towards the stairs up to the second level of the ship, and the flight deck. "What say you and I go familiarize ourselves with the workplace, yeah?"

[member="Arekk"] [member="Mark Cross"]

Arekk

The Flesh Of Fallen Angels
Phaeda, Cademimu Sector, Outer Rim Territories​
"To teach, one must be willing to learn."
——————————————————————
[member="Loreena Arenais"] ~ [member="Asajj Novar"] ~ [member="Tirtus Vex"] ~ [member="Orrico Wayke"]

"Woah, hold on a minute." Ar'ekk said while raising a finger, looking rather surprised with the mission and less about the assignment. "Liberate Commenor? I'm not a soldier and it ain't my fight exactly. And I had no idea you were Lady Kay's kid, I met your mother once long ago. Strong and smart woman."

Fighting another war wasn't exactly the slicer's wish in life after his last stint as a Jedi during Malachor V where he suffered the loss of his arm, liberating Commenor was another big thing to pull off and certainly Ar'ekk wasn't ready or willing to go ahead with that. Sure, handling communications made things slightly better but that still meant having to enter a war zone of sorts and hoping not to get your head or ship blown up.

"I'm sorry, kid. I gotta say no to that but for anything else you know where to find me."

The decision was taken right on the spot and with extreme decision though some sort of dissapointment lingered in the air, hopefully Lori would not take this at heart and would consider him for less complex missions. Toking on his cigarette and releasing a thick cloud of smoke, Ar'ekk followed Asajj on the way out.

"Good luck."

——————————————————————

Tritus looked at [member="Orrico Wayke"] with a small smile and a nod, before looking over to the two crewmembers who were living. It was sad to see [member="Asajj Novar"] go, but she would be fine on her own. [member="Arekk"] seemed like he was running from the fight for a reason, but he had the right to do that, even if Tritus didn't agree.

"I'm ready to get underway captain, I don't require much. I wish the two of you luck, especially you Asajj, you'll need it on the ground. Orrico, if you start getting familiar with the flight controls, I'll do a quick check on the turrets."

Maybe he'd thought about family too soon, but if they all came together after this, then perhaps that dream could come to flourish.

[member="Mark Cross"] / [member="Loreena Arenais"]

Lori blinked as [member="Asajj Novar"] had expressed her want to leave the crew so soon. "You're going on the surface?...Well, I wish you safe journey. And if you find my Mom....tell her that I say hi."

One down. Perhaps she was being too ambitious. Maybe they were all too green, which was odd because she was the youngest.

[member="Orrico Wayke"] caught her attention next. At least he was eager to get started. "We'll get some practice in, don't worry."

And then [member="Arekk"] interrupted. Her jaw dropped as he didn't want to go either. Was it all because of her Mom? Or was it due to the prospect of going into battle? "Arekk I...I...I don't know what to say...But you have your reasons, and I have to accept that.
So...umm...we'll be in touch when it's over. Safe journey."

Now she was a little disheartened. She looked to [member="Tirtus Vex"] who thankfully decided to stay. "I'll help with the turrets once I get us cleared for takeoff." Her eyes fell to [member="Mark Cross"] next. He had seemed eager earlier. She wondered if that had faded with their first assignment. "Are you staying?"

Orrico paused on the third step, turning to watch [member="Asajj Novar"] and [member="Arekk"] leave. He raised a hand in farewell, commenting, "Safe travels, y'all. We'll try and keep her in one piece if'ns you decide to come back."

He watched them without further comment until they had cleared the boarding ramp, then glanced in [member="Loreena Arenais"] direction. She seemed a little put out that they had decided to leave, but he couldn't really blame them. Warzone wasn't a kind place to many people, he knew that as well as anyone. "Take heart, lil' lady," he quipped in a rather chipper tone, "You still got the most important part o' the crew."

He turned and continued up the stairs, calling back, "But if that cook quits, I might start reconsiderin."

Orrico wasn't going anywhere soon, in spite of his jest. She was looking for a crew, he was looking for a job. Dangerous, sure. But money was money, and he had never been one to back down from a fight. He walked into the flight deck, whistling quietly as he looked around at the gleaming interior. He moved forward to the pilot's chair, and plopped down, looking over the controls. He pulled out his datapad, and set it on the console over the least useful buttons (at least, not useful on the ground), and began to draw up a pre-flight checklist. All that needed to happen was for him to be given the word, and they'd be underway...

[member="Tirtus Vex"]

Tritus nodded to the remaining crew-members and headed off to the turret emplacements. a quick scan showed that they hadn't been fired yet, at least not extensively, however they could do with some minor calibrations and toning. So Tritus got to work, placing his datapad on the console next to him before booting up a firing simulation. At their current power levels, the weapons would be able to scrap a fighter in a few hits, but it was possible to increase their power, though by sacrificing some of the crafts speed. He'd have to wait for the captain before he did anything of the sort. In his mind, he wondered why he'd be made co-pilot, but he wouldn't question his orders.

[member="Loreena Arenais"] / [member="Orrico Wayke"] / [member="Mark Cross"]

"I'm going where the credits go at this point..." Mark shrugged as attention turned to him.

"Plus, it turns out I've had some dealings with Commenor in the past. That place has a special place in my heart."

He took one last opportunity to glance through his duffel to make sure he hadn't forgotten anything in his importance to pack up and leave.

"I'm good to go."

Lori smiled to [member="Mark Cross"] as he had agreed to stay. "Great!
Welcome to the crew. You can put your duffel in your quarters, then check out the kitchen. It should have enough stock for now. We can get more when we need it."

She then called out to [member="Orrico Wayke"] and [member="Tirtus Vex"] instead of using the comms, moreso as a test to see how well her voice carried through the ship. "ONCE WE GET CLEARANCE, WE'RE GOOD TO GO!!" Oh wow did that echo! Kewl!

Sorry Mark, I didn't notice that you had posted until now. We've been preoccupied with the Commenor fleeting campaign. Feel free to hop into it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom