Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let the hunt begin [Bounty on Spencer Jacobs]

Nomad was working with another hunter for this job. They had agreed on a plan and if that plan worked they would split the reward. Of course that was if they found their target. They were scavenging in the dark. Nomad and [member="Hailey Williams"] found themselves on Voss Searching for clues.

[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

Hailey had decided to take advantage of her membership with the Valhallan Federation and requisition all the best equipment she could get her hands on for this job. Any target worth 800 million credits was sure to need all the stops pulled for. As such, she would also need some help. Thus she had decided to team up with [member="Nomad Crimson"]. Casting a glance toward her partner for this particular hunt some distance away, she asked softly through comm, "So Nomad. Tell me honestly. How good is this information we're moving on? I mean it's not like a month old and if we're lucky, we might stumble across some other scrap of information leading somewhere else right?"

As she waited for his response, she methodically scanned the area ahead through the scope of her SS-7, trying to find any sign of there query.

[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

[member="Hailey Williams"] [member="Spencer Jacobs"]

"Honestly, This information was not worth 20 credits." He said back into his comm. "I think we should go to a planet more civilized. The only people I know of that's here is the Jedi and they probably won't help us" Nomad was using a range of scanners but they were useless.

Hailey sighed at the response. "Yeah, I had a feeling you'd say that. I'm with you. Let's head back, and try one of our other leads." As she turned around and headed back to her ship, she asked, "Alright, so let's have it. What are you going to do with your half if we pull this off? Retire and hope to god this chics psycho wife doesn't get us?" She couldn't help but chuckle. Still it was a dangerous game these two were playing. Technically it was dangerous how the two planned to play this capture out. Fortunately, the guild tenants actually seemed to mean something to bounty hunters. And she wouldn't betray Nomad's trust in her to play its straight if they were successful.

[member="Nomad Crimson"]

"I don't plan on retiring, I plan on giving my share to the Nova's" he said has he made his way to his Ship. "The next lead we have is Nar Shaddaa. I'll see you there" Nomad said into his ship's comm systems, powering the ship's engines. Final Voyage entered hyperspace. The destination: Nar Shaddaa

[member="Hailey Williams"]

Powering up her own vessel, she watched him take off first. "Copy that. See you there." She finished, before switching the comm off. "Huh, giving it all to the Novas eh? Well dang...that's generous. He must not plan on living long and needing any of those credits." She added to herself with a shrug of her shoulders before following him off planet and toward Nar Shadaa.

[member="Nomad Crimson"]

Several hours had pasted and Nomad was still only three quarters of the journey. He engaged the auto pilot and left to theorise several irrelevent things. Another two hours had passed before he had reached Nar Shaddaa. He docked at Docking bay-954C. One of the workers asked for his landing fee. All checks were done and he was free. He waited for [member="Hailey Williams"]

Having landed mere moments after Nomad, Hailey walked out of her ship and of course was confronted by the usual docking bay attendant, there to collect the fees. She spent a bit longer than Nomad did with his attendant. But after a while, some pleasant smiles, hug and a little peck on the attendants cheek, Hailey was free to leave. Out of sight from the attendant, she gave a little shiver and wiped her mouth. "Ugg, why is that guy always so much more of a challenge to get past." She muttered to herself before spotting her partner.

Hailey sauntered her way on over and asked. "You know Nomad..." She said looking around at the dismal surroundings. "You know the nicest places to take a girl." Hailey finished with a light chuckle before resuming her more professional and deadly serious look. "So, where we headed?"

[member="Nomad Crimson"]

"Real funny" Nomad relied sarcasticly. He then pointed to a small cantina "Where information is obtained" he said, starting to walk towards the building. He entered though the doors to find the cantina bustling with people. "ask those who have been drinking, then move to the ones more sober" He said in a low voice. before walking to a patron who had bee drinking quite a lot. He introduced himself then they started talking. He had learned how to speak to people who were intoxicated due to Cross.

She shrugged. Easy enough. First she went to the restroom to slip out of her Mirage armor. Twas always very distracting when most of her couldn't be seen. Slipping her armor behind the bar counter after quickly getting permission, she began to work the room for any information she could dig up. Although the drunks were going to be the easiest to get information out of per se. They couldn't be about ready to fall over. Otherwise it just as difficult to get them to focus as it was getting someone who didn't want to talk, to talk.

After spending the better part of an hour....or two schmoozing her way through the crowds, she gave Nomad a look to reconvene when he got the opportunity. While, he tried to break away, she had gone back to the restroom and changed back into her armor. Quietly, she slipped through crowd and back out into the main thoroughfare. From her cloaked position, she began to scan the area to make sure things were still on the up and up. Nomad's eventual appearance might be just the thing to lure out a potential snoop trying to follow them.

[member="Nomad Crimson"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Nomad Crimson"] and [member="Hailey Williams"] might eventually find someone who had seen Spencer and her wife, but years had given the story polish at the cost of its reliability. He swore up and down he'd once seen them making out over packets of glitterstim, in a nightclub whose name probably changed with every other retelling. He claimed that it had been about four, maybe five years back, the night of the bizarre storm whose lightning had knocked out a substantial fraction of Nar Shaddaa. From him they would learn that Spencer, and the woman who would become her wife, went from there to the Unknown Regions and founded the Lords of the Fringe.

Hearing his footsteps approach, Hailey turned her gaze toward her partner. "Aye. It's been a couple hours after all. And it's not like we're going to be able to question everyone here before people start getting suspicious of us. I was curious if you had heard anything interesting yet?"

Hailey never liked spending to much time in one place, as she didn't want people to take so much notice of her to start asking questions of her own. She was ready to head to another club and search for more clues. She had picked up some snippets of information of course. Such a powerful person always left a small trail of breadcrumbs wherever they traveled. But most seemed superficial. Nothing really concrete. So she hoped Nomad had found something better before she moved on to the next spot.

[member="Nomad Crimson"]

"I didn't find much myself. I was told she went to the Unknown regions to found a big organization but apart from that nothing much" He said rather gloomy. "We can try another cantina here or investigate the unknown regions. Your choice"

"Let's go ahead and try the prominade level. This was a place they have frequented in the past. And that level is a bit more to the standards to leaders such as them might head to. If we don't find anything more worthwhile, then we can start heading to the outer regions to look." With that, she turned on her heels and marched off toward the promenade deck. All the while, she starting ghosting her way there. Using boxes and any form of cover to help her already effective armor with keeping her presence from being noticed.

[member="Nomad Crimson"]

Nomad walked in plain view after acknowledging Hailey's choice. He took several turns and then down some more corridoors until he reached his destination. A Cantina. He entered without waiting for Hailey.

He used the same tactic. Start with the more intoxicated then move to the less so.

As Hailey watched Nomad walk on into another Cantina, she decided to try something else. Spotting a small group of children playing in an alleyway, Hailey made her way over to them. After calling one of the little tykes over and speaking with him for a spell. The small child ran off to one of the fancier stores at the promenade. Hailey had paid him some credits to act like he was looking for his mommy. If people knew who Spencer was, they wouldn't dare question the clothes. They would simply try and help lest her wrath come back to haunt them for not helping "her child". If they didn't know who he was talking about, they were very likely to shoo the child away as he was bringing down the look of their establishment.

How successful this tactic would be, she wasn't sure. But hopefully it was better than having more drunks gawking at her as she tried to get an ounce if decent intel out of them.

[member="Nomad Crimson"] | [member="Ashin Varanin"] | [member="Spencer Jacobs"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Nomad Crimson"] [member="Hailey Williams"]

Nar Shaddaa wasn't, strictly speaking, a place where Ashin and [member="Spencer Jacobs"] spent an awful lot of time, not in a handful of years now. Ashin still had a safehouse here, though, a rooftop penthouse -- the first place they'd been together, as it happened. Word had reached her of the massive bounty on Spencer's head (and the more modest one on hers) around the time she'd heard of bounty hunters asking around Voss. Both messages had been delayed by a good bit, and had arrived concurrent with notice that bounty hunters were asking around here.

She opted for plain clothes, nothing to indicate her rank or past, just simple freighter pilot attire -- shirt, trousers, scuffed boots, vest. Lightsabre. She hung the sabre inside the vest, noticeable if you knew where to look, though the bulge wound up coming across as just an odd-shaped blaster. An actual blaster rested on her left hip.

In due course, she entered the cantina.

"My name's Ashin Varanin," she said audibly. "I'm told someone's looking for my wife."

Somewhere on the other side of the cantina, she heard a pin-like object drop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom