Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lessons of the Manda'lor

Echoy'la

Taking a hold of the lightsabers on the bedside, I clipped them to the small of my back. Letting them be held in their sheathes that were made out of simple leather. Wearing a simple set of clothing, with a rather nice looking jacket, I made my way out of the room I had slept in, and moved down the various halls. Yesterday I had received a message about training from Isley. A man who my father had worked with in the past. What made me curious was the fact that Xander trusted this man. And I was to learn from him.

Why would I learn though? Was it to become stronger with a lightsaber? Was it to fight with a beskad? Was it to train with the force? I had honestly no clue. Running my hand through my blue hair, I was nervous. I mean, He had to have seen me fight on the battle of Mygeeto. I was the idiot who literally jumped over his men to get into the battle.

Was this acceptance because he saw my potential, or did he want to have an excuse to reprimand me. I had no way of knowing. Instead, I walked towards his offices, knocked on the door, and took a few steps back. Waiting for whatever may come.

[member="Isley Verd"],

The Boy took him Back...

They waded through the Hell of battle: the Crusaders and their Sole Ruler. They had prepared for this moment for so long: a glorious reclamation of lands once held by the Mando'ade. Their enemies fell, one by one — yet this did not take him back. The explosions, the roars, the cries; none of them set the Mand'alor along the path of remembrance. But he had. In the thick of the fighting, his fledgling might screamed through the Force. It urged him forward: it propelled him skyward and into the face of the opposition. He was so young...yet so hungry for battle; so reckless in his approach.

He was Isley, at that age.

Seeing the young [member="Zephyr Carrick"] in action had stirred something within Mand'alor the Reclaimer. It reminded him of the fateful day that had set him on this very path: the day he had been interdicted onto a Sith Imperial vessel. There, surrounded on all sides by Stormtroopers and Sith alike...he managed to uppercut a Sith Lord. And it was all downhill from there. What, ultimately, came as a result of this momentous encounter was training — and that was something that the young man needed. That was something that Isley could provide.

Thus had a missive been sent: a summons to come ready for instruction. The Mand'alor had been intentionally vague in the details: dictating simply that the young man arrive at his "office." In truth, the space had been turned on its head overnight: all furniture had been scooted to the far side of the room in order to create free space. Vital electronics and files had been moved elsewhere. The windows had been reinforced with shutters, etc. Isley waited in the center of the room, and when the knock came he uttered a single word: "Enter."

Coupled with this command, the door itself would slide open. There would be revealed to Zephyr the sight of a man devoid of beskar'gam. His back was turned to the young vod, thus providing only a view of his extensive (and graying) dreadlocks. His attire was loose, comfortable, and very Dathomiri in style. "You must be wondering...what is it that I will teach you?"

He reached for his belt and unhooked his weapon: the fabled Darksaber.

"The answer?"

Snap. Hiss.

"Everything."

The Mand'alor turned on his heel, bending the ever-present Force to his will in one fluid movement. A tremendous Pull laid itself upon the boy, attempting to drag him into range of Isley and his weapon. The time to respond was miniscule: either fight or be cloven in two.

[member="Zephyr Carrick"]

The door opened upon the command to enter. The room was not really an office. More like one that had been transformed into a wide open room for something different in mind. I began to walk into the foreign office. Seeing the man out of his fabled armor of the Manda'lor, I could see his body physically. Even in his loose clothing, I knew he was likely scarred in various places and had a form much like my father had. Even in his stature very much like my own, I could see years of wear and tear upon him. Hair that was slowly aging, and his darker skin was unexpected. However, I did see one thing. He and my father acted alike.

When training, they forced you right into it. Pushing you to either sink or swim like scenarios. It was when I could see and register that the blade fabled for its unusual shape comparable to other lightsabers, I could feel the pull of the force. Unlike this man, I would not fail him. Lightsaber and bladed combat was where I excelled after my father's disappearance. I wanted to protect my family while he was gone. And I tried to do so by training the hardest I could. No matter the amount of training you had, you would never be prepared for battle.

Even now, as I drew my own lightsaber, the golden blade coming to my own hands with the force, blocking his first strike towards me. The black blade clashing with my own, I could see his face. Determination, without doubt, and was intent of killing me if necessary. As such the way of life, only the strong survive.

Pushing upon my blade, I broke the connection between the two of us, and swung the blade of plasma at his left side with a small ark back over towards his right shoulder. Shi-Cho was a form I trusted the most. While many others were learning more aggressive forms such as Djem-so, or even Vaapad, I stuck with the basics of Form I. A style that was most relatable to swordplay with its wider arcs, and heavier hitting blows. While not really suited for lightsaber combat, it was still a very basic form. One that could be improved upon with various combinations of other forms invested. Making it a very versatile lightsaber style.

While I was sure that Isley already knew this, and would likely have a counter to every one of my move sets, I still needed to use the weaknesses of Shi-cho, to my advantage. Wide arcs meant he could easily counter my own strikes, and I needed to find his own weaknesses within his form. As for what it was, I didn't know.

I would either learn fast, and fight, or die trying.

[member="Isley Verd"]

He's not afraid...

The truth of said thought was evident in the young man's response. Only a mere second following the grip's finding purchase did [member="Zephyr Carrick"] dive into battle. Armed with a blade of gold, he first defended himself from the initial swipe before countering with two blows of his own. They were swift, yet basic — the sort of offenses expected of one his age. In truth, saber play was not one of Isley's greatest strengths...but time had afforded him more than enough experience to contend with his new apprentice.

...Good.

Now, whereas Zephyr preferred the swift, wide arcs of Shii-Cho, Isley favored something a touch more aggressive. The Darksaber flowed into the first blow, relying solely upon the Mand'alor's resilience to weather the blow. With the next, he held the blade horizontally — and retaliated. In the instant that gold met the abyssal hue, Isley shoved his saber up: a move meant to send Zephyr's blade and arm upward considerably. The jarring motion was immediately followed up by the mustering of the Force's might — empowering a "Spartan Kick."

Isley quickly raised his knee and thrust his boot forward, aiming for the lower portion of the young man's torso. Alone, the blow would have done nothing more than seat the young man on his rear, but with the Force's assistance it could easily send him sliding back across the room. In that moment, the Mand'alor found the beginning of a smirk forming on his face. Zephyr was indeed just like him...and that meant he knew exactly how to teach the boy.

"Show me that fire you had on Mygeeto." came his challenge. "Show me what you can really do."

My first blow seemed to make some purchase. The resilience of the man was impressive. My strength and stature was huge compared to the average soldier. Including so with a lightsaber that I had trained with for a very long time. However, the first blow seemed to cause nothing against this man. He was built like a tank. I would have expected no less from a man who armed himself with the coveted weapon of the Mandalorians and could wear beskar armor meant to protect himself from even more than what was possible. The second strike he met with force. A force I was not expecting. My saber was thrown upwards, and the kick to my chest sent me backwards. Being flung backwards from the kick, I was losing my balance, stumbling at the last second, I over compensated. Almost falling on my face, I stopped myself by plating my off hand down on the ground and looked up to see the mountain of a man.

His entire body was against me. Every movement he made was to resist me. I was a rock. Tumbling down the mountain. Threatening to break every time it touched down on the side. Tumbling over itself, it would soon find purchase and find a way to climb back up. I was that rock, and Isley was the mountain. Threatening to break me. To crumble me. I will fight back. I will not back down. Standing up as his voice boomed between the two of us. Telling me to show him the fire that I had on Mygeeto. The fury I had once had. Anger, hatred for the Dar'manda. Against my father, my family, the prospect of protecting the ones I cared for. An image flashed in my head of one particular person.

Her...

I breathed in a moment, standing there, I could feel my breathing become heavier and thicker. My chest exploding with air as I snarled. In the instant I saw this man standing between me, and her, I rushed. Using the force to augment my speed to inhuman levels. Lashing out with a swing. Like watching the game of baseball, I swung my lightsaber towards the man's ribs. From the follow through of the swing, twisting my arms, hips, and pivoting on the balls of my feet, I sent an uppercut with both hands. Followed swiftly with a cleave downwards towards the man's head. The man wanted a fire. He wanted to feel the heat that would come from me. He wanted all of my attention.

Now he was gonna get it.

[member="Isley Verd"]

He can muster it...

In the mere seconds following the Mand'alor's challenge, there was a change in the atmosphere of the room. T'was if Zephyr had spontaneously combusted, consuming the surrounding oxygen in an inferno of fury. Isley could feel it — the primal emotion washed over him like a wall of sudden heat. And with said explosion would come the onslaught. The Mand'alor braced himself, yet was surprised by the exceptional speed that came next. For one so young, his talent for bending the Force to his will was exceptional — a feat that would be necessary in that which Isley had to teach.

...But can he control it?

The swing came: a mighty slash that Isley made no attempt to parry. Rather, he retreated backwards by sacrificing a few hasty steps in the opposing direction. This allowed him to stay out of the saber's reach - barely - but ill-prepared him for the immediate follow up. The uppercut roared forth, and though Isley continued his backward tactic, it would not save him from impact. The crack of young knuckles meeting his chin was jarring, causing his head to snap upward. He staggered once...

Felt pain...

And by the time the final slash came, sheer instinct reared its head. Isley's offhand, clad still in a crush gaunt, snapped upward and seized the saber's blade mid-swing. This was immediately followed by a shriek of telekinetic fury: guided forward by his dominant fist. The Push manifested itself as a solid wall, attempting once again to create space between Master and Apprentice. Only, this time, the grip on Zephyr's saber meant said attempt was also aimed at robbing the young man of his weapon. If the impact was successful, the telekinetic response would send the young man skidding back once more — yet his saber would remain within the Mand'alor's fist.

"Good." he remarked, raising a hand to signal a pause in their spar.

"That Fire of yours, it is primal. Pure. Powerful. But it can lead to the Dark Side; and some would argue that it is the Dark Side." He punctuated his words by wiping his mouth - that karking stung. "I am no Jedi, so I will not be teaching you how to avoid this might like the plague. Nor am I Sith, so I will not be teaching you how to immerse yourself in it. I am a Mandalorian, the very same as you — and we believe in control. In mastering our tools."

"So mark well these words: the Force is a Tool."

With that said, it was time to re-enter the fight. This was evidenced by Isley's flourishing of the Darksaber: a sign of challenge reinstated.

"And remember this word, for it is the first of all that you learn from me: ODOJINYA!"

And thus did the Darkness respond, immediately bending to the Will of its master. The incantation produced rings of energy - a budding web - which crackled and moved akin to lightning. These rings formed upon the floor, rising swiftly in an attempt to encircle and ensnare the young apprentice. Should he not be quick enough, capture by the rings would bring agony, immobility, and a loss of the Force as an ally.

The first strike I made at him missed. He had backed up in time, but with how I had hit him with the second strike, it seemed like he may have unexpected my speed or strength. However, he came fast as his reactions caught my lightsaber blade. Wait, Caught my blade? I then realised the gloves he was wearing were crushgaunts. Looking up at him, there was a second that I kept my burning eyes on him, Angry at him for defying my strike with his hands. However, that changed in an instant. His force push against me was powerful, and expected, but the strength at the push was more than what I could handle.

I was flung back once more. Only this time, I went with it. Flipping over backwards with the push, and with both of my hands keeping me stable as I did so, I came to my feet, and started to rush at him when his hand came up.

I stopped.

Listening to his words as he wiped his mouth, I was sure that he had felt a good hit before, and I am sure I left a good one with how he had to clear himself. I smirked at that. However, I dropped the face as soon as he started to speak about how the darkside, and the force in general was a tool. Like how my father said. The force was a tool for us to use. Not a light or dark. Even the greatest of Jedi can have a dark time in their life, and the sinister of Sith can have a good relationship that isn't about death and destruction. I can see how it was like that. I understood it from my father already. However, he brought up a good point.

We master this tool, this force, not become immersed, or back away from it. We do a bit of both. And with this, he flourished his lightsaber. I myself used the force to call my own blade to me from his grasp and brought the blade into a standard Shi-Cho stance. Only when I could see the man's true powers at work, I watched as rings of cracking energy were coming towards me. My eyes widened at this power. What in the hell was this?

I am not even sure what this power was, but from the words that this man uttered, it seemed like some kind of spell, or incantation. I turned around in an instant, and ran. Running for the door, it changed in an instant. The web followed me up towards the door that I was running at, and I smirked. Instead of letting the door open and running out, I shifted my inertia, and ran up the wall. Using the force to aid me, I continued up until I was on the ceiling, and ran at Isley. Because my world was shifted upside down, I slid on the ceiling, past Isley, and flipped the force once more to land behind the man. With a twist of my hips, and a curl from my shoulders and back, I was performing a half flip onto the floor where I came down with an overhead cleave toward the man.

If the force was a tool, then I was going to use it all I could. I was going to use all I could from it against this man, and show him that I am capable with the force as much as he is. He may have experience, he may be battle hardened, but I won't let that stop me.

[member="Isley Verd"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom