Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Lenoi II (Datapad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lenoi II

c700x420.jpg

Image Source: [x]
Intent: To submit the successor an earlier version of the same technology
Development Thread: [x]
Manufacturer: Chandrila DataTech
Model: The Lenoi Range
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: No
Production:
Mass-Produced.

Material: Diatium

Description: The Lenoi II is the second in the exclusive Lenoi Range owned, patented, designed and manufactured by Chandrila DataTech. It is to be considered the successor to it's predecessor, the Lenoi I.

Much like it's earlier version, this datapad has speakers at the top and bottom of the device, with volume control buttons and the on / off switch located on the left hand side. A rechargeable power port, which is used to recharge the Lenoi II when it is in a state of low power, rests beneath the volume control buttons.

Based on market research, the volume control buttons and the rechargeable power port exchanged places, having previously been found in reverse on the Lenoi I.

The casing of this new model has been changed from Aluminium and Glass to Diatium and a liquid crystal display. Diatium, a well trusted and reliable material, has been well established as the go to material for items such as datapads. With feedback indicating that the Aluminium casing of the old model considered 'weak', making the Lenoi I more susceptible to breakage i.e when the device is accidentally dropped, the Lenoi II is considered a 'stronger' and 'more durable' model than it's predecessor.

The switch from Glass to a liquid crystal display was made for better use, as there were problems with customers and the touch screen interface synonymous with the Lenoi Range. The liquid crystal display allows for easier connectivity between the user and touch screen interface, making it easier for users to select programs installed onto the datapad. This makes the screen of the Lenoi II weaker than it's predecessor, with Glass being more durable than this flimsier screen replacing it, but this was considered a fair trade off, as the enjoyment of user was reported to have been 'impacted' by the inability to the mouse icon to follow commands when prompted by the touch screen interface.

The Lenoi II stands at 249 mm in length, 19 mm in width and 290 mm in height, exactly like the Lenoi I, but is significantly lighter than it's predecessor, coming in a weigh in of 845g (30g lighter). The removable Carbo-neutral alkaline battery has been swapped for a plug in charger device, which can be plugged into most modern ports. The charger is then inserted into the datapad via a wire, into the rechargeable power port. It has multi-touch, magnetometer, proximity and ambibent light sensors. It's display is 14" (355.6 mm). It is also water proof, unlike it's predecessor and retains it's HoloNET connectivity.

Primary Source: Lenoi I
Chandrila DataTech

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review