Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lekae's 'Black Gaunt' Beskar'gam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aven Blanc

I'm not Jon Snow... I know stuff.
Arbitrator_b%26w.jpg

credit: http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130307214912/warhammer40k/images/f/f8/Arbitrator_b%26w.jpg (Warhammer 40k)

Intent: A form of armor combining weight and style for those that want it.
Development Thread:If necessary
Manufacturer: Mythosaur
Model: Mythosaur BGRB
Affiliation: Unique
Modularity: Some of the armor can be removed depending on preference. The boots also provide hard points for the mounting of jets in absence of an actual integrated jetpack. The hard points are for the placement of jets on and/or around the armor,
Production: Minor (only to non-military)
Material: Beskar, durasteel, armorweave
Power Source: Miniaturized fusion generator (similar to a droid recharger) It is usually hidden under the jacket, but it gives off a visible glow when the jacket is removed.
Description: This suit was developed from the armor of an old Imperial droid design, with the addition of a long reinforced coat made of semi-blasterproof armorweave. It's quite useful, but has the inconvenience of only being able to power boot jets, rather than a full jetpack, because the personal shielding and life support drains a good bit of power from the other systems. Although not designed specifically for use in a vacuum, it is quite able to sustain its wearer with about two hours of air. The armor itself can ablate or deflect most energy blasts, and is able to stop a lightsaber from actually disemboweling the wearer. However, the armor needs frequent maintenance if the wearer ends up having to fend off a lot of lightsaber energy at once, because the metal plates of the armor may fracture under the sustained energy of a lighsaber that is repeatedly hitting it.
Classification: Multipurpose
Weight: 15kg
Quality: 9 against blasters, 8 against lightsabers, and 9 against environment
Special Features:
- Magnetic boots provide stability in zero gravity. This is especially useful when boarding ships that have had their artificial gravity knocked out.
- Full-function life support can be set to almost any preference, and also controls temperature within the suit. This allows Lekae to keep the armor on when she's on very hot environments, like Tatooine or Mustafar, and allows her to keep warm in cold places, like Ilum or Hoth. The system also allows for short amounts of time in vacuum (2 hours, at the very most, 1 hour suggested maximum)
- Holographic mini-computer mounted in right gauntlet has the full function of a regular computer terminal, and gives regular status readouts.
- Mountings for boot jets included, accepting nearly any sized boot unit, ranging from small foot-mounted ones, to full-leg military-class boot rockets. a full-power boot jet, however, is not as strong as a full-power jetpack, so spaceflight and even extended atmospheric flight is nearly impossible.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
[member="Lekae Karrde"]

Please do not bump your submissions, edit them instead. When we see that a thread has been posted in we assume that someone has started judging it, which slows down the judging of your submissions. Anyways, Beskar. You need to either do a thread where you mine/raid Mandalore/Concordia, inflict a devastating defeat on a mandalorian, or be a member of the Mandalorian Faction in order to put Beskar on a submission. Upon looking over your post history I can't find any IC threads, or even a character profile, and as such I can't really say you fulfill any of these qualities. Furthermore, Beskar is an extremely rare material, even for Mandalorian's. While we normally let Mandalorian PC's have their own Beskar'gam that's because a PC is one in a hundred, maybe a thousand in an army. Beskar is -not- a standard for army use, or even squad usage and, unless you can provide me with substantial dev thread(s) to justify more liberal usage, strictly a Unique production item.

Additionally I'll need some beefing up in the description, what is the "long reinforced coat" and what is it made out of? What bonuses does it provide in comparison to the armor? You talk about the armor being powered, why does it need to be powered? Expand on the "Personal Shielding" and "Life Support" systems it powers, and what exactly is used to power the suit. Tell me more in the description about how durable the armor is. As for the special features you talk about the magnetic boots being able to be used to penetrate hulls, how exactly does that work? Magnetic boots are something to attract you to a surface, not punch through it. When you talk about "Height" does this mean it's only considered so in a gravity environment? What does the life support do besides regulate temperature? What limitations does the mini-computer have in comparison to a fixed terminal? Do the "Boot Jets" go over the armor's boots or are the boots modular, and how does this interfere with the armor if any?

Aven Blanc

I'm not Jon Snow... I know stuff.
[member="Valik"]

Sorry. Got into a mixup because I formed this character's profile and original Mando Factory submission under my writer account. Give me a second to link both. Also, I edited the production amount. It was supposed to be unique anyway, based on feedback from others in my faction. Here's the profile thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/33005-bellekaeven/

I really made a mess of things, sorry.....

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
[member="Lekae Karrde"]

Ah,I see. Not many opt for the writer account profile making, my mistake. However, I still need the points in this paragraph

Valik said:
Additionally I'll need some beefing up in the description, what is the "long reinforced coat" and what is it made out of? What bonuses does it provide in comparison to the armor? You talk about the armor being powered, why does it need to be powered? Expand on the "Personal Shielding" and "Life Support" systems it powers, and what exactly is used to power the suit. Tell me more in the description about how durable the armor is. As for the special features you talk about the magnetic boots being able to be used to penetrate hulls, how exactly does that work? Magnetic boots are something to attract you to a surface, not punch through it. When you talk about "Height" does this mean it's only considered so in a gravity environment? What does the life support do besides regulate temperature? What limitations does the mini-computer have in comparison to a fixed terminal? Do the "Boot Jets" go over the armor's boots or are the boots modular, and how does this interfere with the armor if any?
To be addressed please.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
This is archived for inactivity. If you wish to bring this back up for judging please contact an RPJ or admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom