Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech "Legacy" Plasma-sheath electromagnetic sniper rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
20210621-130445.jpg

20210621-133114.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a unique rifle for a Jedi that eschews melee combat
  • Image Source: Artstation
  • Canon Link: n/a
  • Permissions: n/a
  • Primary Source: n/a
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Unique creation created by private benefactors of Hei Sogecki Hei Sogecki
  • Affiliation: Hei Sogecki Hei Sogecki
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model:
  • Modularity: no
  • Production: Unique
  • Material:
    • Kyber crystal focused abating laser
    • Rifle components
    • Superconducting metal electromagnets
    • Phrik
    • Beskar
    • Titanium
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Kyber enhanced electromagnetic sniper rifle
  • Size: Large
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Ammunition Type:
    • Plasma Sheathed Metal slug
    • Power cells
  • Ammunition Capacity: Average
  • Effective Range: Battlefield
  • Rate of Fire: Low
  • Damage Output: Extreme
  • Recoil: Average
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Kyber crystal focused abating laser
  • Large high discharge rate power cells
  • Electromagnetic rails
  • Targeting computer that can be integrated into droid brain or scope
STRENGTHS
  • Massive penetration capability - the metal slug wrapped in a plasma jacket packs a huge punch and can pose significant danger to even lightly shielded and armoured targets.
  • Very little time to target - The velocity of the rifle is consistent with many high performance sniper rifles, meaning that only limited adjustments for projectile travel time is required.
WEAKNESSES
  • Force imbued projectiles - the Kyber crystal, by its very nature imparts a tiny fragment of Hei's connection to the force into the firing of every projectile, whilst this has no benefits to the weapon in use, its unfortunate downside is that the charging and firing can be sensed by force users, giving them that moments warning that they need to evade the shot. This makes ambush shots on otherwise undistracted force users very difficult to achieve. Had Hei known about this side effect he may have reconsidered the use of his crystal.
  • Low rate of fire - the weapon takes a few seconds to charge between shots so despite being mechanically semi-automatic, it has a comparable firing speed to single round bolt action weapons.
DESCRIPTION

This rifle, designed to the specifications of jedi Hei Sogecki take a solid projectile rail rifle and dial it up.

In a technique very similar to Ablative laser propulsion, the kyber crystal taken from his old lightsaber focuses a powerful beam of energy onto the projectile slug whilst it is magnetically suspended at the beginning of the rails. This causes the surface of the projectile to ablate and boil turning into a plasma. This plasma wrapped around the core of the projectile is also contained within the same magnetic field. The same effect could be achieved by using standard lasers, but Hei felt the kyber laser more efficient, safer and the use of the crystal inside the rifle was of a spiritual significance to Hei. The dismantling of his old light saber marking the end of his day's as traditional jedi.

The Kyber adds no additional power to the round, other than changing its physical characteristics by partially melting it, the only notice effect it the high frequency energies from the kyber crystal making it glow with a dark blue near ultraviolet hue.

This super dense sheath of magnetic plasma along with the remaining core of the slug is then launched down the magnetic rails toward the target with a crack as the round accelerates past the sound barrier.

The weapon is slow to fire but incredibly powerful and accurate, the firing and cooling cycle takes a few seconds between each shot.

The connection between Hei Sogecki and his kyber crystal allows him to feel one with the rifle and use it as an extension of himself in the same way a traditionalist is connected to their saber.

Last edited:
Hello! Lets see what we have here?

This causes the surface of the projectile to boil and turn into a plasma, also contained within the same magnetic field.
This, with the kyber crystal and a few other phrases through this app make it sound suspiciously close to a lightsaber rifle, which is a banned item. I think you would do well to ensure that this rifle is as 'separate as possible' from a weapon that is banned.

Kyber focused lasers are fine, they exist. I would like some rephrasing done to ensure that is what this is.

• Force imbued projectiles - the Kyber crystal, by its very nature imparts a small amount of the Hei's connection to the force into the firing of every projectile
This is a strength. And should be its own strength.

Felix Aquila Felix Aquila

Hi, and firstly, thanks for looking at this. I have made some changes.

1. I have change kyber energy focuser into kyber focused ablating laser to make it clear it is being used a mechanical component not an energetic component (does that make sense?)

2. I have added a note in the "force imbued projectile" that this was intended to be an adverse effect that Hei never anticipated with no mechanical benefit to the user. If I am missing some in Canon lore about force imbued projectiles always providing some benefit, I can look at it again. But at the moment I don't see it as a strength myself.

3. Had a large rewrite of the description to make it as clear as possible that the crystal is purely being uses to melt the projectile more efficiently and is also there for spiritual reasons for Hei. I looked up the wookiee of lightsaber rifles and the description is pretty vague but I hope I have made it clear that this is not one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom