Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Legacy of the Raven

Over the years, a certain personal effect of Geneviève Lasedri had made its rounds through the institutions of the Old Republic. A holocron of the infamous woman, a perfectly digitized copy of her mind up to the point of its creation. Within the backrooms of the Senate, there had been a fierce debate on the fate of the holocron. Some felt that it should be preserved for posterity. Others wanted the thing destroyed to rid themselves of its stigma.

Suravi, at the time just a junior senator, had been in the camp of the former. While she had no love for the woman, Lasedri had cemented herself in the histories of the Republic. No matter their personal feelings, the artifact was something important to be kept for future generations. Rarely did one have such an opportunity to go straight to the source for information, to direct unfiltered access to her thoughts to cast their own judgments on the woman.

It was decided that it would be preserved. However, much wouldn't be done with the holocron as it was placed in deep stasis within Senate archives for safe keeping. The Republic had bigger fish to fry, dealing with the fallout brought about by Lasedri's actions as Prime Minister.

There it would remain forgotten until what remained of the Republic began packing up for its sojourn to the Deep Core. Now, as Supreme Commander and effective leader of the Republic Remnant, she was presented with the rediscovered holocron.

Back into storage it went, but this time in Suravi's private safe until she had some use for it.

That time was now, as she entered the observation deck of her flagship, the small violet cube in hand. Alone on the darkened floor, she took her seat on a nice plush armchair right up close to the windows. Outside, she was met with the an azure iceball of a planet from high orbit.

Once settled, she ran her thumb over one of the ridges of the cube, until she found the depression that would finally activate the thing. The holocron would then begin to glow before beaming a hologram before her. It was an accurate representation of Lasedri, clad in her trademark trenchcoat and sun hat.

"A burning question I've always had," she started, "What's the story behind the hat?"

[member="Geneviève Lasedri"]

"Hello to you, too." The digital figment of the former Republic leader cocked an eyebrow and curled her lip with contempt. "Have I been apprehended by your naive and pliable opposition at last?" An unpopular official during the latter stages of her tenure, Lasedri's virtual person was well aware of the climate in the final days leading up to the real individual's exile. For all this version of the Chandrilan knew, she had been awakened the day after her creation.

The white-clad figure stood still for a moment following her stiff response, gazing at the woman before her and appraising her appearance. Her eyes betrayed a touch of confusion as she failed to recognize her interrogator. There were few senators Lasedri did not know upon sight. With the Republic's numbers dwindling by the month, there was less to keep track of, besides. Yet this person carried an air of prestige about her though her face was of no significance to the Prime Minister's memory. "Are we truly depleted to the point where I am to be tried by anonymous agents such as yourself?" Her hands levied themselves against her hips.

Another moment to allow her shrew-like demeanor to make full impact. Then she smirked. "As to your question, I'll assume you've given some thought to the possibilities. Humor me."

[member="Suravi Teigra"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom