Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Legacy of Power [Imura; Tutaminis Training]

Na'Varro's thirst for knowledge was taking him to new people and new places. @[member="Morna Imura"] was a fellow Fringer who he had served with on Seoul, and after learning of his knowledge of the art of Tutaminis, Alen had endeavoured to enjoy his acquaintance again. Imura had impressed him with his adeptness in pyromancy, but the Dark Jedi was not the kind of guy to shoot fire out of hands. He was the kind of man who took hits and then dished out a beating. Tutaminis was going to help him on his next stage of development. Imura was the guy to help him do it. And besides, Na'Varro knew how to repay a favour.

Clad in loose training attire, he waited for his fellow Master to show up. Then they'd get down to business, and Alen would see how he could repay the man who had kindly donated his time.

I watched from the window above the training grounds. A new Master ranked Dark Jedi that had joined the Fringe a while back, that I had only met a few times. The man had an attitude around him of kicking ass and chewing bubblegum, and he was all out of bubblegum. I smiled as I walked out from the door wearing a blaster on my hip, and a lightsaber in my hand. Walking towards the man, I remembered how he had contacted me about learning to absorb energy. or even dissipate it.

I nodded my welcome and offered my hand. "It's good to see you when not having to fight a Sorcerer." I chuckled. "Learning about Tutaminis. An ability that will save your life. Looks like even the best of us still learn."

@[member="Alen Na'Varro"]

Na'Varro shook Imura's hand firmly, offering an assured grin in response. The Sith Master had a quiet confidence in everything he did; Na'Varro noticed it and respected it. There was a certain charm in being confident in one's abilities without having to tell every living soul about it. There was also the predilection for powerful Force users to believe that they are the mainline to all of the secret truths of the universe ... Alen knew what that was like. His mind had frayed at the edges a few times before in the past, giving way to a certain lucidity that was intoxicating. Imura seemed immune to that, from what he could tell.

"The best of us never stop learning." Alen chuckled in response. "Good to see you too, Imura. If I can repay you for this favour, just let me know what you need."

@[member="Morna Imura"]

I shook my head at the man. "By living you fulfill your upkeep." I smiled as he had also mentioned that the best of us never stop learning. And that was true. I waved a hand in front of him and let my small grin grow, "Now to the task at hand." I took a step back and jutted my chin to him as I spoke more, "First before we even start, I would like to know how you use your powers. Do you channel your hate, pain, or does something in your life push you to stay alive and create your will to live stronger?"

First off, I wanted to know how he used his powers. I was going to treat him like I had like every one of my other students. However I would leave a little more of a gap for him as he knew more force powers than I did. Unless if you counted Shaping, which was a whole different matter all together.

"I channel." Alen answered willingly enough, knowing that the information would help. "Though I haven't had to draw upon rage or pain for some time. More minor emotions like frustration or agitation are weaker but much more sustainable. I only draw on rage or pain when the situation calls for it."

That was true. As he had aged, Na'Varro had come to realise the consuming effects of the Dark Side. Its very nature was to take away as it gave ... it was a Faustian bargain. Alen's hair and eyes had begun to tinge to a shade of red over time, and as such he had begun using less consuming emotions as catalysts for channeling the Dark Side. It was helping. And then there were all of the repressed memories that his mind could not access. Unlocked, they were powerful but sapping. The Dark Side was a difficult mistress.

@[member="Morna Imura"]

I smiled and nodded my head as he told me of how he used his powers. I asked to know because I didn't want to teach him how to "survive" when really I was supposed to teach him how to "fight through pain" I nodded my head as he did so, Taking that into consideration, I spoke. "Alright so you use emotions to say in the least. Have you ever thought about using Positive emotions rather than Negative? Sure Negative can get the job done a quick, but sometimes Positive emotions can save your life. Being angry at someone can slowly become a rage effect, where you are blinded by the power you control, if you can, would you try this style of force control?"

Being a person that has used the Dark side since a Child, I have learned that Rage can change people in an instant. And even so, have learned to use Positive emotions such as Love, kindness, and even friendship (NO I SWEAR IF YOU THINK ABOUT MY LITTLE PONY I WILL KILL YOU) to fuel my powers. In turn I have seen that absorbing energy is much easier by using emotions that fuel my "will to live" rather than my "Lust to fight." I wanted to see if he could do the same, and him being a Dark Jedi should stand on the verge of "good" and "Evil" anyways. so using both emotion types will not only give him more fuel, but also keep him balanced.

"You mean ... channel the Light side of the Force?" Alen was taken aback. He had heard of those who could use both positive and negative emotions to fuel the Force, called Grey Jedi. Na'Varro was distinctly not one of those. "I am a darksider, Imura. I can feel positive emotions from time to time, and I do more and more often these days, but the feelings are never substantial enough to manifest a connection. My past does not allow me to feel the Light side of the Force ... if I had a choice, I would be a Jedi Master. That would be the happiest path for my life to follow, but as it happens, I am unable to use positive emotions to access the Force. I am no Grey Jedi, or Jedi. Only those Force users can use positive emotions effectively, from what I know to be true."

This was unexpected, especially from a Sith. A lot of food for thought. Alen's first reaction was to dismiss this all entirely, but he decided that he would think more about it.

"If you wish, we can work with my ambition. That covers my 'will to live' ... but positive emotions ... will be a problem."

@[member="Morna Imura"]

I smiled as the man spoke of not having a choice. I shook my head as he did so. Part of me wanted him to do well with what he had, but sometimes we needed to be taken out of our comfort zone. Nodding my head with a serious face now. "If they are not substantial enough, Then tell me Dark Jedi Master." I looked down at my feet for a moment purposely saying his title as a way of making him think before answering my next question.

"If you can't be happy from those small things, then why live at all?" If this man was to learn anything, he needed to learn what pushed him. Everyone had anger and strength that pushed them beyond all levels of power. but that was only temporary. For him to survive this long without a "reason to live" should have been impossible. If he could not find this reason to live, then his words would be true. He would have no choice. But if, and only if, he could find this reason, if it the reason is to FIND what purpose is in life, then that would be enough.

Now they were truly getting to know each other. Imura was not really testing Na'Varro, for the Dark Jedi had taken years of solitude in order to truly get to know himself. The bearded man did not know himself completely, few did, but he knew himself better than most. He understood himself intimately, and he did not like everything that he understood. Below the confident, charismatic man was a wealth of other people. The scared, distrustful boy; the brutal savage; the manipulator; the manipulated; the bereaved father and husband. Na'Varro was entirely too complex to be summed up in a phrase, much like everyone else in this universe.

"Because suicide is a coward's way out and I refuse to relent." Alen growled. "I am a vessel for change in the galaxy, nothing more, nothing less. The tight ball of rage I carry in my chest is the catalyst. Now, I feel you are getting to know me well, but for me personally we are not breaking new ground here."

Of course Alen had a will to live, otherwise he'd have taken matters into his own hands already.

@[member="Morna Imura"]

The bearded man growled his answer at me. Clearly not wanting to travel this road. I nodded my head. "And of all the things you can choose to do, nothing that would help yourself." I shook my head and decided to back off. "Now lets move on, I want you to take you gathered energy and channel it into your palm. Almost like you did with your force shield, Except, instead of projecting it outwards, pull into yourself."

My right hand then lit up into flames. "We'll start small by absorbing heat, then move from there." I out stretched my hand to him, and let the fires in my hand, heat up to extreme levels. If he could, then he would feel slight heat and absorb my power. if not, then he might have a few burns by the end of the day.

Imura had begun to see the real Alen; the man behind the mask of social graces. Short-tempered, always angry ... alone? Yes, that was fair. Na'Varro was a good man with a heart of darkness, and he saw no redemption in sight for himself. Just more of this ... life, which had been a burden on him ever since he had gained self-awareness. Life weighed him down, but the truth was, when he was born he had been given a good heart. He strove to better the galaxy because he could not help himself. He was a martyr, in his own eyes at least, burning on the pyre of the Dark Side. If there was one thing Na'Varro could not admit to, it was that he was drunk off that intoxicating allure.

"I apologise for my impatience, Imura, but my life has never been about myself." And they began. Na'Varro went into the core of his soul and drew on the ambition to create something better, coupled with his stubborn will to survive despite his distaste for life. He went deep, feeling the prideful yet terrible emotions that came with taking the galaxy on one's shoulders ... then some rage developed naturally at the thought that the burden should fall solely on him. The Dark Side of the Force had built to a formidable level within him now. He would start with a high level of power and then work his way down until Absorption became second nature to him.

He stared with what he knew, erecting a strong Force Shield around his person, and then slowly drew the energy inwards into his palm. It did not glow with power, but Na'Varro could feel a heightened sense of things in his hand. He was sure that Force Weapon would feel similar when he learned that from Varanin. Once he felt his palm was ready, pulling all of his emotions into his core, he reached his hand out to intercept Imura's conjured flames. Alen's eyes lit up as he watched Imura work. His pyromancy was impressive, to say the least.

@[member="Morna Imura"]

As my heat began to grow, I could see no sweat on his brow. I ignored his apology for the time being, There was a moment for everything, and I was wrong to push against him. I watched as the man continue to focus and slowly there was an aura around his hand, absorbing the energy insomuch that the flames that I conjured were bending towards the man's hand. Smiling I nodded my head. Still allowing my power to flow at him.

"Good, you get the just of it. Now, do you want to continue to practice or push on to the next level?" I smirked at him as I could feel his power and his force pool together. it was a sight to see.

Na'Varro began to wonder if the power he was absorbing could be converted into offensive Force use. It would be more efficient to use an opponent's energy against him rather than expending his own ... that was a realisation that made sense in the Dark Jedi's mind. For now though, he focused on how Absorbing the energy made him feel. Unless he released some of the energy he had absorbed, there would only be so much he could take before he became inundated with Force energy. It could overwhelm him if he was not careful. Luckily, Imura was only using a small amount of power, and Alen was concentrating hard. He had an understanding of what his body and mind could take, and what it couldn't.

"Let us push on and see if we can't stretch my limits." Na'Varro watched as the flames bent towards his palm, making him look almost greedy for more fire. This was the nature of his Dark Side connection at this moment in time; focused inward, self-centred in its manifestation.

@[member="Morna Imura"]

Smiling as the man continued on, he wanted the next level. I pushed my hand closer towards his own, and expanding my own energy to become stronger and hotter. The flame's color changed from that of a deep orange, to a bright red flashing with white. I pushed harder than I would have with other students, but only because he asked for it.

The flame became hotter and more powerful ... unable to dissipate the energy as yet, Alen could feel the level of power beginning to overwhelm him. As a consequence he attempted to channel the power elsewhere, up his right arm and through to his left hand, and then projected outwards as a Force Grip on a nearby garbage disposal unit. The disposal unit rose up in the air, crushing savagely under the weight of Alen's untempered Force power. He was simply trying to do too many things at once ...

Alen roared with pain as the flames seared his hand, leaving a light burn as the level of power, combined with his split attention, cracked his defenses. He was still extremely new to Tutaminis, and as he had not yet learned to dissipate the energy he was quickly overwhelmed by the level of power he had to absorb. Using the Force to control his pain and set it to the back of his mind, he resolved to heal his hand later. For now, they would work.

"Again." Alen gritted his teeth, determined to succeed. "This time I'll improve."

@[member="Morna Imura"]

Once the man began to scream in pain, I lowered the heat and power that I used, and eventually stopped as he looked at his hand to see the burn. His hand was already red. Well he was lucky to have only a one or two degree burn where his skin was red. For the span of about 10 years I had permanent third degree burns on my arms that went from my elbow all the way down to my fingertips. After meeting a Healer, she had somehow taken the burns off and replaced it with new skin.

Now with hands that had so many scars and calluses, I just smiled. "Then lets go again, What may help you is to have visual thoughts to help power you, Think of things that can absorb, like a sponge or a black hole. If you are using energy to get rid of the heat, then you are dissipating the energy to not harm you. Try to absorb it into your pool of force energy."

Stretching my hand out once more, I started off small with a simple flame, Get him accustomed to it first, then after a few seconds, I powered up once more till the white flecks appeared once more.

Like a black hole ... the true heart of darkness. Na'Varro could do that. Once again he returned to the depths of his soul, re-setting the connection that unlocked his terrifying Force potential. In a galaxy full of Masters, his power level was not exceptional, but it was still formidable enough ... thinking now of his dead wife, his dead children, his father who had tried to shape him in his own image. What had his father done to him? What he had wanted to do to every son and daughter of man, to create a strong society where the Na'Varro ruled with an iron fist. That was something unconscionable ... something that Alen could not stop. Something that he could not heal within himself. During most of his waking hours, his emotions found the deepest darkness and could never be seen again ... he aimed to do that with the energy he absorbed.

Alen stretched out with his palm, using it like a singularity of Force energy, and drew the fire into him, dissipating the energy as it came.

@[member="Morna Imura"]

I smiled as I could watch as the tongues of flames were absorbed into the man's hand. Slowly but surely I could see his power strengthen, Seeing that he was now easily excelling, I upped the level.

The fires grew in size at first, then it changed to flicker blue. A hot blue. As orange flames were known for cooking, and heat, Blue was known to be used in blowtorches to cut metal. But with my power level, I could melt Phrikite ore, knowing by my doing it in the past.

The flames were well and truly hot, like the fires of hell itself. Na'Varro concentrated on the idea of a black hole; a deeper darkness than black where nothing, not even light escapes. Black holes were a representation of the power of the Dark Side. Nothing escapes. Not even light. Not even a star. And what was blue flame against the holy might of a sun? The Dark Jedi Master brought the power into him, focusing all of his emotions inward. His iron will combined with his past to create a powerful connection, which he channeled like a vacuum. The flames were hot, but they were merely an obstacle on a path that had been already chosen for him. They were an obstacle easily defeated, considering the odds he had faced in his life.

His hand was like a vacuum of Force energy; it was the most terrible manifestation of the Force that he had seen. Na'Varro taketh, but he does not giveth freely.

@[member="Morna Imura"]

I smiled as the man continued to absorb everything that I sent at him. I could feel my muscles tighten, and my eyes began to burn with the fires of my soul. As a born Fire shaper, I had a soul of pure fire in side of me. As rare as it was for someone to preform this ability, I gave it my all.

I could feel my body begin to burn, even though I was not moving. Slowly sparks flew from other parts of my body. Each falling to hit the ground and flash out. I growled slightly as I could feel my inner flames manifest. It had been a long time since I had done this in front of another person other than Lexa, my girlfriend.

My body melted. Literally my skin began to melt away and yet my clothes stayed. I chuckled as I could feel the source of energy flowing through me. and almost all at once, my body lit on fire. My body was bone, leather clothing, and fire. Orange at first, I then pushed it till my own Flaming body had become blue and glowing brighter every second that I pushed longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom