Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Learning to move once more.

Yuroic finally found the necessary materials and time to forge his new cybernetic arm. It was made from Impervium, a strong metal that he knew would give him an edge, also was resistant to lightsabers, a big bonus. Especially since what happened to his last one. Yuroic took a deep breath as he was placed on a hospital bed, prepped for the procedure.

The doctors muttered to themselves as they examined the arm, it was designed to replace his entire arm. Yuroic figured that the stump that remained was useless and would just be a weakness compared to the cybernetic extension. Ready to be put under, Yuroic felt his head lighten and his eyes flutter heavier until he was unconscious.

Several hours later. Yuroic woke with pain in his arm and shoulder, he looked over and saw the silver metallic shine of his new arm. He raised it with a slight wince, hand in sight brought a smile to Yuroic's face. He finally felt ready to give his all back to the Silver Jedi. His fingers wriggled slower than he wanted.

"It isn't as responsive as it should be..." Yuroic commented with a touch of annoyance.

"It is normal, you need some physical therapy to have a better response and connection to the arm." The healer nearby stated. "Takes time for the calibration to work."

Yuroic sighed as he rested back. Time. Always took time. After several more hours bed rest, Yuroic found himself in the Silver Rest, temple of the Silver Jedi on Kashyyyk. He had been told a healer familiar with cybernetics and prosthetics would help him work on bettering his connection to his arm.

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

Before meeting with Yuroic personally, Jyoti took some time to review all records related to Yuroic's surgery and prosthetics. She was no stranger to lost limbs...and bodies, but everyone had their own method of recovery, so she would need to study.

Research also gave her some time to steel herself for the encounter with Yuroic. There was a risk interacting so closely with her former padawan - one she really shouldn't have been taking - so the avatar would have to be careful in her manner as to not give herself away. For the moment, she was Jyoti Nooran and had to keep playing the part.

After some time, she was ready to meet. She found him resting in a private room within the recovery wing of the medical center. She knocked a few times on the half-opened door - more of a formality than anything as it concerned another Force User - then let herself inside.

As she approached him, she noted how different he looked since the last time they had crossed paths. In such a short time, boyish looks had been replaced by a more grizzled appearance. Beyond the surface, there was also a change to his aura. He was different. For the better, or worse, she would soon find out.

"Mister Xeraic?" she asked as she stood at the side of his bed. "I'm Jyoti Nooran. I volunteered to help you acclimate to using your new prosthetics, with my background being in bionics and cybernetics. How has your new arm been holding up so far? Any issues?"

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Yuroic was studying his new arm, flexing his hand slightly, testing its movement and reaction. When the knock on the door came, Yuroic gazed at it as he watched a Jedi Master enter. He had a complex reaction of recognition but at the same time, surprise at the stranger. He could swear that her presence was familiar, it brought him a small comfort and reassurance however, he did not recognise the woman at all. Shaking his head, he threw his confusing thoughts away and focused on the moment.

"The arm doesn't cause any pain, seems my body has taken to the cybernetics well and while there is a delay in the reaction of my arm, it doesn't seem too bad, at least for now. Do not want it to continue if I was to go into battle." Yuroic commented with a calculated gaze on his mind. "I have not yet tested sensitivity to grip and strength."

Yuroic grabbed a stress ball, squeezing slowly, before long he squeezes the ball into crushed mess. He blinked surprisingly, "Well seems my grip is in need of work. I didn't mean to crush it, and think my girlfriend, Jairdain, rather I didn't crush things at the slightest touch." He mentioned with a bit of humour to the tone.

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

She stiffened a bit as she watched Yuroic react with that look of deja vu that she had grown accustomed to when encountering people that knew Arisa. The aura of the avatar was similar enough to cause such a reaction.

Immediately, she regretted her decision engaging with Yuroic so intimately, but there was no going back now. Best to just get through the process to keep suspicion low.

Quietly, she nodded along as he spoke in response to her question, and then made mental notes as he displayed his lack of control over his prosthetic. The good news was that the prosthetic was apparently working, but the bad news that software controlling said arm seemed to be a mess.

In typical Yuroic fashion, he managed to fit in a joke. She huffed in amusement, now smirking.

"We'll get back your apparent feather touch for your girlfriend in no time," she quipped. "Why don't you try holding something else?"

She raised her hand toward him as if to shake. By raising the stakes, she might encourage Yuroic to better focus. Though she wasn't in any real danger with that bionic arm, not really. She knew how to handle cyborgs.

If only her former apprentice had stuck around to learn to do so himself.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom