Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Learning the Arts

[member="Ery'lyn Ashaal"]

The sub-basement lab of the temple was a place few came down to but the jedi knight was at home. Mostly because her body was usually confined to the bodysuit that was needed to protect her. The membrane on her eyes being shaved and worked on so that she could continue to see when she was laying there in the bed with the biots and droids all around herself. She was meeting a padawan who was interested in healing and given she was one of the few that remained around the temple so she had opened herself up to taking on padawans who were less troublesome compared to the usual but she would have to work on it. The jedi knights head moved when she was finished up and going to the training room itself with the new variable gravity plating and lights so that it would be able to train and learn. Having the medical center off to the side served to give them a place to practice healing arts. Her hands securing the black face mask when she breathed through the filter.

"Hello?" The Togruta woman entered the sub-basement of the temple cautiously. Being a newcomer, she was not familiar with the restricted areas of the temple, nor with the inhabitants. Hesitant to disturb anyone who wished not to be, she tentatively approached the training rooms and medical center she'd been told to find. "Master..." Ery'lyn glanced at the piece of parchment shed torn from the corner of an old journal and scribbled a few key pieces of information. "Master Cathbodua?" She stumbled over the name, again hesitant to mispronounce it and offend the master she'd come to meet.

Stepping into the room, Ery shifted her burden from one shoulder to the other. Her satchel was full to the brim of books. Books on healing, books on the history of the Jedi, books on the force...anything and everything she had been able to acquire in her search for a teacher. Only the skill and experience of the girl kept the bag balanced and its contents in place.

[member=Cathbodua]

Looking at the padawan as she turned around, the jedi knight stood up tall and ready as she was within the blade and dark purple bodysuit. The wode eyes of it that were showing the small lens to her outfit. Cathbodua spoke as the taller hapen might not look the most jedi like but she was in the form fitted bodysuit that protected her skin. She was watching the padawan and observing what she had for a moment before she spoke. "Welcome padawan." The windowless rooms in the basement allowed her with the special filters on the light to prevent her skin burning. "This is one of the main training rooms of the temple for stamina and endurance."

[member=Cathbodua] ((OOC: I'm going to assume this is the same room linked in your signature. If I am wrong, let me know and I'll edit :) ))

Ery'lyn bowed slightly, inspecting the woman before her as discreetly as possible. The bodysuit threw the padawan off, being something she had not seen before. Instead of focusing on the Jedi and possibly insulting her, Ery allowed herself to straighten and study the room around her instead. Gravity plates and droids where tucked around the room. Rings of different sizes expanded outward from the main portion of the room.

The Togruta stepped towards the largest ring, tracing one indent with a foot. Obviously this room was well used and had seen its fair share of training. "Stamina and endurance...how? Are those gravity plates? What are the rings for? These indents, are they-" Realizing that her curiosity was allowing her mouth to run away with itself, she quickly stopped. Looking sheepish, she introduced herself. "My name is Ery'lyn. I'd like to learn how to fight...and to heal."

[member="Ery'lyn Ashaal"] (yes it is and the bodysuit/armor she is wearing is there as well. Darker Spidergwen look)

Looking at the padawan and being able to hide her expressions was a lot easier with a mask. The look the togruta had seeing the gravity plating around the room and the indents on the floor where people were slammed into it at high gravity and worse was also something. She was sure there were areas with blood that had stained the metal or not been cleaned up fast enough if you really looked at it. "Yes that is gravity plating, while I primarily teach healing and medical arts. A jedi needs to be able to heal someone and stay conscious. It can be a draining process and most neglect the efforts in favor of only being able to heal one or two at a time and then resting while being protected by guards or other jedi. It endanger's everyones lives. So I make sure padawan's like yourself are able to focus and maintain longer then anyone else." She was clinical and practical. There wasn't much room for failure as all of the ones who worked with needed to usually also be broken down so their troublesome ways could be taken out of them.

Ery'lyn's eyes narrowed at the mention of other padawans neglecting the studies of deeper healing techniques. She dropped her bag on the floor, one of the books spilling out of it. "I can handle it." She walked around the largest circle, careful to stay just outside of it. She paused at each plate or droid alcove, memorizing their locations. At each pause, she took a moment to feel the room through her montrals. If she was to train here, she needed to know the location inside and out.

Finishing her lap, she returned to her bag, picked it up, and grinned. "When do we start?" She asked, perhaps a little too eagerly. She'd grown bored of books and studies, now she wanted to DO.

Looking at the padawan with a black expression on her face mask and a raised eyebrow she spoke. "We will begin now then." Motioning to the center of the room as she went to a control panel on the wall with a look at everything around. Ensuring there was nothing in the main rings of the room that would become weighted down and smash into the floor from the weight. Letting the warning light go on to show the room was in use and at something simple the jedi kngiht spoke. "The first lesson with the healing arts is how you can focus and channel the force. Your body needs to be able to do this without waste energy to bring the force energies to the surface. That is where we will start."

@Cathbouda

Ery'lyn found a corner of the room to set her bag down and removed her gloves, setting them on top of the pile. She approached the rings in the center of the room without crossing the threshold of the largest one, feeling the pressure of the increased gravity. She furrowed her brow, "I focus when I study, isn't that enough?" A bit of aggravation creeped into her tone. The padawan might be new to the ways of the force but she was well verse in the art of studying and that required more focus than anything she'd come across, especially with a sister around to pester you the entire time.

Looking at the girl as she stood there with her arms crossed over her chest. "And if I put you in the room across the hall how long would you be able to last using healing techniques." She was watching her more while there was a moment but a small hint of some amusement and interest. "Just because you know how to study and focus does not mean much. It means you may be able to filter out distractions which comes in handy when healing to use the energy but if you are going to get tired after one session with one patient it is not going to be helpful. We train so that when the time comes we can preform our duties better. If there was no where you could improve then you would be the master."

[member=Cathbodua]

The Togruta looked a little sheepish and ducked her head in silent apology. Still standing as close to the outer ring as possible without entering the field of increased gravity, she muttered, "I just meant about focus. I don't know anything about healing. That's why I came here in the first place." She raised her head back up and turned to face Master Cathbodua. "Yes, Master. Where do we start? What do I do?" She motioned to the circles and room in general. She wasn't sure if she should enter the increased gravity field or stay outside of it.

"And you shall learn healing. The first lesson in healing is understanding the body. You need to be able to know how to heal yourself so that you will be able to use it on others. Understanding how the body functions is important so we look inward first." She remained there and motioned for her to stand in the center. "Take your place in the center and quiet your mind, listen to the sound of my voice and feel the force as it flows throughout your body. Let the energies guide your body to resist the gravity and focus it inward. Feel your muscles, feel the bones of your body and how the air enters your lungs flowing throughout your body."

((Sorry for the unexpected LOA...family issues))

[member="Cathbodua"]

Ery'lyn raised an eyebrow skeptically and turned to the increased gravity in front of her. Placing her hand against the field and pushing through it, she withdrew her hand sharply. The pressure was uncomfortable to say the least. With one quick side glance back at the suited woman, Ery stepped through into the center.

The Togruta woman resisted the urge to let the weight of the room push her to her knees, even if her legs trembled with the effort to remain standing. She shook her head, trying to clear the strange sensation the increased gravity field created in her montrals. The gravity stunted the normal waves of sounds that echoed through the room and warped them. Slowly, the padawan got her bearings enough to stand and banish the sensations and focus again on her master and her purpose. "Now what?" She flexed her hands open and closed, a visible sign of her discomfort.

Watching her there while she was looking over at th things. Wanting to see what there would be and what there was. "Now you close your eyes, quiet your mind and focus. Allow the force to enter your body, feel it in your lungs, then flowing throughout your body. Through the veins, into the muscles and sinew down into the bones. Focus until you are able to withstand the gravity itself. Your body can be strong and understanding it you can make it stronger. Where the gravity seeks to break and crush you. Reinforce it, allow the force to strengthen your body, allow it to restore and focus your stamina." She remained there and walked through the small field without much difference to her stance when she looked going around the padawan.

[member="Cathbodua"]

Ery'lyn stood as still as possible, fighting against the force of the gravity. She ignored the woman circling her, not letting the woman's obvious skill in the gravity field unnerve her. Closing her eyes and counting each breath in and out, her mind raced. She resisted the urge to shift every time a muscle ached. When her legs began shaking with the effort of holding her body up, she forced then to hold steady. She could do this.

Slowly, her body grew accustomed to the increased pressure enough that she could ignore each small movement and focus only on her breathing. Breathe in. Breathe out. In. Out. In again. Out again. The rhythmic breathing lulled her into a meditative state. She opened her mind up to the force around her, starting with each breath in and out. Each breath became energizing instead of labored, filling her with strength and a feeling of lightness. Surprised, she gasped, and lost her grip on the force. Losing her concentration, her legs folded. The Togruta slammed a knee against the stone floor and cursed. "Shavit!" She bit her lip and fought against the gravity to stand again. "That karking hurt."

She was looking at her and she could feel it for a brief moment in her aura. A lot of danger and work that was going into all of it when she allowed the force energies to be there with a small look on her face as the padawan faltered. Thankfully it couldn't be seen though while she remained there. looking at all of it when she clasped her hands behind her back. "Your body will adjust, focus the force energies to ease the pain in your leg, in your body and continue. The work that you do here will teach you so that in the field around others you will be able to heal under the discomfort of combat." She knew how to work with all of it, you needed to be able to handle pain and distraction that could be coming after you.

[member="Cathbodua"]

Ery'lyn growled quietly in frustration and pain, but stood back up. Again she focused on each breath, the twinging pain in her knee making it take longer than the first time. As the force entered her body with each breath, she sent her thoughts to the throbbing pain in her knee. Not sure how else to focus the energy, she imagined the force flowing through her body like water and pooling in the painful area.

The her surprise, the throbbing in her knee eased and the trembling in her legs stopped. Her eyes snapped open as a grin spread across her face. "I did it! Ha!" As her concentration broke, the energy started receding. With a whooping breath inward she snapped her attention back to her job and gulped. She went back to the words the Master had spoken earlier and pictured the water flowing throughout her body and used it to strengthen and shield her body from the oppressive gravity field around her.

Keeping watch and ready to scold whe the padawan seemed to think a small moment was everything. THis wasn't about your best, this was about being able to keep doing something for as long as you could under conditions that would tear into and breakdown others. She spoke remaining there for a moment before continuing. "Watch yourself, if praise breaks your concentration then someone saying thank you may endanger your life in the field." Waiting there before she raised an eyebrow. "Ready for it to increase? This is only the starting levels. Once it reaches ten times that is when you start moving around and dodging the beanbags." The other interesting part, make sure they were able to move so they could be swift with medical equipment.

[member=Cathbodua]

"Ready for it to increase? This is only the starting levels. Once it reaches ten times that is when you start moving around and dodging the beanbags."

Ery'lyn swung her head to face the healer, looking incredulous. "It gets WORSE?!" She shook her head, and didn't wait for the scolding she knew would come soon. "I know, I know, I need to build up endurance." She closed her eyes and took in a deep breath before biting her lower lip and nodding. "Alright, I'm ready."

It was a partial lie, but she was determined. Cathbodua didn't seem impressed in the slightest and she was determined to convince the woman that she wasn't a complete weakling, or a complete idiot for that matter.

She looked at her before going towards the controls. "Endurance yes but also so you can learn to manage your own pain. Heal your body here and you'll know how best to heal the bodies of others in the room across the hall. I do have patients that require a skilled healer." And she had a team that could handle a great deal of the workload for themselves so that came in handy. Placing a hand on the console when she looked to parts of it and the drop down turrets came out with the beanbag rounds. To not kill but to test and it would be making bruises and welts to present some of the pain they could deal with. "Ready?" She didn't make her voice show she didn't completely believe the padawan but she wasn't going to question or erode her confidence when this could be dangerous. The dents and stains on the floor where things like that had happened. "Focus on your body to move, to let yourself move around and when you are hit focus to numb it and heal the damage."

[member="Cathbodua"]

"Focus on your body to move, to let yourself move around and when you are hit focus to numb it and heal the damage."

The padawan squared her shoulders and faced one of the turrets. She gulped and nodded, taking another deep breath and used the same instinct that guided her echolocation through her montrals to feel the room. The turrets where a dull buzz in the back of her mind, poised and ready for the moment to come to life. The gravity field felt like a heavy wool cloak thrown over her body. It pressed against her and muffled the echoes of everything else in the vicinity. She let a shiver of anticipation run through her body and nodded once, yes. "Might as well be."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom