Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Learning how to Witch!

Outfit: This
Tags: Avra Elru Avra Elru

While Dreidi had been spending time on Coruscant and attempting to make Jedi friends and practice her skills in the Force and Lightsaber combat, while also travelling back to Ascendancy space to train personally with Asaraa, Dreidi had been feeling she was missing out. She hadn't really connected with any witches outside Vanya and she was wanting to see if she could connect with others, learn from them some Magick and attempt to broaden her horizons and friendships. While she enjoyed travelling on her own and being alone because it meant less disappointment and hurt, she did want to make friends and have connections with others. Especially desperate to prove her worth as a Nightsister and as a witch. Being a Jedi meant that others would judge her and dismiss her abilities since they did not think a Jedi could be successful as a Nightsister.

She had heard a rumour of a place she could visit if she wanted to connect with other witches and perhaps even gain some wisdom and insight on Magick which would be great too. Dreidi styled herself differently, choosing an outfit she felt fit the vibe of other witches she had seen and interacted with in the past. Wandering to the waterfall, Dreidi took in the beauty of the location and smiled warmly. It was an amazing view to see but she knew that she couldn't linger too long on the beauty of nature. She was hear on a mission and she needed to see it to the end since it was of the utmost importance to her to find witches she could connect with and work with.

Pausing as she moved behind the waterfall, spying the cave that would lead to the clan, Dreidi inhaled deeply and felt the anxiety claw at her. The spray of water dampening her clothing and quickly realising a mask was not a great idea when she was planning on getting wet. Something to think about in the future though. Pausing outside the cave entrance, Dreidi called out, "Hello? I am Dreidi Xeraic, I am here looking to meet fellow witches of Dathomir and learn any lessons you might have on Magick?" Dreidi was very unsure of the procedure here but thought it was best to just be honest.

The Misty Falls clan hunting party had reported that an outsider was approaching. There were few things more daunting to Dathomirians than the prospect of someone coming to them from beyond their home. Time and again the people of Dathomir suffered at the hands of those from beyond the world. Government systems sought to control or isolate them for thousands of years. It had bred into them a healthy caution that the Witches of Dathomir held to as a means of security.

Avra awaited the stranger near the entrance of the caverns that led to their mountain home. She had pooled herself into shadow, physically present but much harder to detect as a living being by those unfamiliar with the aspects of Darkness that her Nightsister kin worshipped. Her position was one of power and responsibility and it was her responsibility to determine whether or not this person was earnest and visiting not as a hostile agent but as someone who sought spiritual enlightenment.

It was a mild shock to her when the reason for this woman's visit was spoken so plainly. To her it was strange to bare out motives so brazenly, but it was a candour that she at least appreciated when it came to her appraisal of the outsider. Slinking in her etheral form she spoke, choosing not to appear just yet. Her voice had a wispy quality to it while she was physically incorporeal; as if she was echoed in a tunnel where it reverberated in a ghostly quality.

"Rare that an outsider finds the entrance to our home. Rarer still that I allow them to find it." she said, the voice appearing to come from nowhere. In speaking the area seemed to dim until it was engulfed entirely in darkness. That was when she chose to become manifest again, her eyes glimmering with a green pupiless glow as the light normalized once more to reveal that she was there, now physically. Her eyes remained pupiless once the glow had gone. To most it was obvious, she was physically blind. It was to most a handicap, but often times those who thought her truly blind found that they were severely underestimating the power the spirits had granted her to guide her clan.

"Follow." she said very plainly, moving now to guide the outsider to her home. The woman had the choice to follow; though given the reported nature of her visit there was no choice at all. Merely the illusion. Avra would speak to her about her visit once they were in her home where she could answer the obligation to hospitality her position required.

Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic

Hearing the voice from nowhere, Dreidi was reminded of the nightsisters and when she met the Nightmother, that felt ages ago but she breathed out slowly. While that encounter had not gone the best, Dreidi was doing her best to stand tall and ensure that she brought honour and pride to her fellow Witches. Waiting patiently, Dreidi watched as the formed figure came out of the shadows, causing the darkness behind her to appear inky and potentially full of life that could not be seen or felt. It was not unusual for the Witches to appear this way in Dreidi's mind since they tended to always have a spookier appearance and air to them over even the Sith.

"I might not be born here but I do wish to learn the ways here." Dreidi stated in a firm tone and observed the blindness of the woman before her, it did remind her of her own mother, a woman she hadn't seen in many, many years, but was one that had always been blind. Using the Force to aid her sight, Jairdain often saw more than most would be able to with vision, it was rare for her mother to ever actually seem blind. This fellow Witch, moving as if she had sight, it did not surprise Dreidi and she moved in step behind the woman.

Dreidi looked around, attempting to see and marvel at the first real coven, home, of people on Dathomir. She hadn't seen this before and she was excited to figure out what is going on. How this coven survived all these years? What powers could she learn here? Would they teach her? There were so many questions swirling through her mind.

Avra moved as if she had an ethereal quality. There was perhaps only the faintest indication that she was stepping. Was she floating? That was the mystery. The woman guided without looking away from her path. The Nightmother was by no means going to waver from her guidance. This cavern was not their home, but the valley beyond that was accessed through the waterfalls.

As they exited the winding cave, the sight before the duo was a mountain wreathed in mist and light. It was clear that Misty Falls had made this idyllic place their permanent residence. The rocky outcroppings and otherwise inhospitable terrain had been molded into terrace farms that allowed them to provide sustenance with farming in the limited space they had. By going vertically, they were able to farm the same amount of space as those in the flat lands of Dathomir. It was a testament to their adaptability and toughness. They were all acclimated to the altitude of the mountains they called home.

The buildings here were the same type Dathomirians lived in for millenia. Primitive to the outside, they were quite clever. The temperature regulation of the buildings was guided on the principles of air currents. Waterproof, insulated, and easy to cool, they were wildly successful dwellings at all altitudes and worked to house whole families. Down nearer the bottom of the mountain many called home, was where Avra herself had lived as a child. As she ascended to Nightmother she took up residence at the highest livable point so she could guide her people with an ever watchful eye. Oracle, and mother, protector, and warrior, Avra fulfilled all of these roles.

It was the middle of harvest, and the farm community was working to bring in the most possible food for preservation. Everything worked and relied on one another. No stone was ever out of place. The Misty Falls clan was a tightly run organized group, and no soul was without purpose. Each member of society from top to bottom was important, and contributed in some way. Children helped to preserve food with their mothers, and the males, separeated into their own villages, worked the heavy lifting to bring the crops in. Women worked to hunt wild game to salt meats for the wintering while the elderly helped to teach those children too young to work. Avra helped wherever she had been asked to help, and today she was to help educate children.

A child ran up to her and into her suddenly as another skidded to a stop near them. She had been playing and not paying any attention. Avra helped the young girl up and smiled at her as she brushed dirt from her clothing, "Little Teela you should be careful. Always watch your footing, the mountains do not forgive those who lose it." she said in a cautionary tone without trying to scare the girl. It was an important lesson to learn though, as falling from a mountain was often fatal. The kids gathered around the fire as she motioned for them to come in close though, and the lesson would begin shortly.

"Young ones, please join me in welcoming our guest. She is from beyond Dathomir but comes to learn of our ways. I believe she is being honest with her intentions. We should all work to make her feel like this is her home while she is here." which was then responded to with a chorus of hellos from the kids. They all seemed very curious and she knew that they had plenty of questions for their guest.

Watching the graceful, floating movements of the woman as she guided Dreidi further into the cave. It was clear that there was much for Dreidi to learn since she had met several witches that could move with the grace and abilities to seem to hover. It was a power that had Dreidi curious, was it something that one achieved when at the height of their power or a specific skill that witches had to learn at a certain point in their lives. She looked around the cave, expecting there to be a small community or a coven since the people always seemed limited in number, spread out and nomadic.

However, the cave was left behind and they entered a valley, a valley that was built so completely different to what Dreidi was expecting. There were children, people happy and content and there seemed to be no real threats of danger. It was a life that Dreidi did not think was possible in the harshness that was Dathomir. Dreidi was curious what others thought of this, the Nightsisters and even the Nightmother that she had met not too long ago, would they approve of this lifestyle or would they not be pleased with it. Dreidi was also interested in how did a community survive like this? Did the noise, the number of people, attract creatures?

Wandering with the witch, Dreidi watched as people worked, talked and demonstrated the tight nit community that Dreidi had rarely seen out there in the galaxy. Pausing, Dreidi took it all in, the sight of this was overwhelming with surprise and intrigue so she was attempting to adjust and look over the surroundings. Catching up to the witch, she noted the gentle, familial relationships she demonstrated with the children. All Dreidi had felt was cold contempt from others but she had placed that on being Jedi and many not approving of her attempting to be both a witch and a Jedi.

Pausing as she stood in front of the children, seeing them all look at her with intrigue and deep curiosity. Being isolated here, it must be really curious that an offworlder came here. "Hi, I am Dreidi, it is a pleasure to meet you all." Dreidi offered a polite smile and a small wave.

The children, all in chorus, greeted the woman by name. Avra could not help but smile at them. They were all such sweet youngsters. Each of them would fill in a role in the community in time. "These are second year students. They are now learning some basic ways to interact with the spirits. You are capable of such things, though not in the same way. I can feel it in you. Perhaps they could help you understand how we entreat our ancestors to bless us with their gifts and knowledge?" she said with a kind smile as she looked back out over the crowd of youths.

One of them, diligent in their learning, raised her hand and Avra motioned for her to speak, "Miss Dreidi! What spirits do you talk to? When I need help I talk to my gran. She is always looking out for me. I love her so much!" she said in the simple short sentences and wildly open honesty of a child happy to talk and learn. The other kids called out similar things bug with a bit of a cacophanous out of order nature.

Avra raised a hand herself and motioned for them to quiet down. She offered the students, and her guest now, a small simple lesson. It was more of a reminder but it never hurt to reinforce knowledge just as much as it was to build on what was known. "That is a very good question. We all have our own spirits to entreat. Some of us speak to ancestors. Some of us commune with leaders of the past. Regardless, we all have someone we can count on that has passed to be there for us. My dear mother comes to me in my times of need. Her mother did the same for her; and so on. I am never alone so long as I walk with the spirits of my ancestors and our predecessors. It is important to remember that, children. We will always have help if we need it and we are all a part of a greater power. Dathomir provides for us, and we provide for her."

Dreidi listened and then paused, they connected to their Magick through the spirits of their ancestors? Dreidi really had little understanding of that, she knew that it was through Dathomir that many got their powers and that most found themselves more powerful on Dathomir than away from it. But she had no clue about this spiritual energy and wasn't even sure what she would be connecting to since she had no ancestors where, it would feel wrong to rob another of their ancestor just to bestow her the powers that she had been seeking. Chewing on her bottom lip, Dreidi was deep in thought about what to do, what should she ask since she was wanting to continue her training but didn't want to steal another's gift. Currently she had been focusing on incantations and feeling the Magick in a similar way that she felt the Force.

"I... I urm... I don't really speak with spirits. I haven't had the chance yet. I didn't realise that was part of the Magick here, I knew of the incantations and hand movements that were necessary at times but I didn't realise there were spirits one needed to commune with too." Dreidi explained her limited understanding. There was no point in hiding the truth and it would only weaken her abilities if she lied. No, she needed to be honest and upfront about how unknowledgeable she was so that this could be corrected.

Looking to the leader, Dreidi paused, she wanted to be a witch of great power, to prove her skills and demonstrate that her position as a Jedi had no impact on her abilities to serve the Nightsisters and all the other covens of witches of Dathomir. To show her skills and allow others to be more open minded about the witchcraft, since she had known it was not especially looked upon highly by many Jedi since they linked it heavily to the Dark Side. "How would you recommend an outsider commune with these spirits? To connect respectfully but also not take away powers and connections from others. I would never want a gift from someone else's ancestor and prevent them from receiving it." Dreidi explained as she looked at the elder.

"Remember, children, that we need not beseech our own families. Not everyone is capable of doing everything. We are a community of people before we are an individual. We are all individually talented in our own unique ways. So long as you remain respectful the spirits will come to you when you are in need. Our lives are made easier when we accept help from others, and offer others our help in return. We cannot continue to grow and succeed without each other to watch and protect, to feed and care, to grow and learn. Ours is a land of plenty, and it is that way because we work to live together harmoniously with Dathomir." she said, just as the ruckus of Rancor returning to the village sounded nearby. They lived with a tribe of Rancor within the confines of their misty mountain home. It was known that the Nightsisters could bond with the creatures. What was not known, however, was that the Rancor of Dathomir were literate, and advanced. They were so close to full sentience, at least to scientists. The Nightsisters knew how clever these creatures were and chose to live in harmony with them.

There was a clear cut matriarch in the grouping of Rancor that showed up. Avra looked to her with such a happy smile,
"Has the season come already? I'm so pleased to see you Princess. The village will be thrilled to know you and yours have returned. You will have to tell me all about your migration when we convene for the festival of the harvest. I am very curious about where you travelled and what you learned." she said as the children gathered around giddily with the large creatures. Many of them were lifted up as if they were playing. All of them happy to see the Rancor come with their preserved hunts.

Dreidi listened to the lesson that was being taught and thought about the ideas of being respectful to the dead, to those that fuel her powers. It was interesting to think about since she didn't really know how some spirits would take to her since there were those that were still alive that judged her harshly for being a Jedi. Would some spirits be even more antagonistic, even attack her for trying to invoke their powers that they had harboured for so long? It hadn't happened yet so Dreidi focused on the positives that she felt that if that was the case it would have happened sooner but she could feel the anxieties crawling in the back of her mind.

There was a strong sense of unity, community and working together to get the most success here, which was not too difficult from what Dreidi had seen in other witches, but she was curious as to how this group of witches would feel about her being a Jedi. Dreidi was always put as a Jedi first and everything else seconded. While she had worked hard as a Jedi, making sure she earned her place, her training as a Witch had been just as intense and her musical interests were still pursued.

When the rancor horde arrived, Dreidi's left hand pulled the Lightsaber straight into hand and she started shifting into a fighting stance ready to take on these monsters to give the kids time to get away. She knew she couldn't fight for long since even the best Jedi fighter would struggle against this many rancors. However, before she ignited the dark orange Lightsaber, she noted that no one was screaming, there was no signs of panic or fear. In fact the auras of everyone was calm, it was only her who was panicked. Watching the leader of the community approach the first rancor, talking to it. Kat was stunned, she had been told these were wild animals, mindless and deadly to any who did not take the threat seriously.

"Wait... Rancors have a monarchy? I thought they were alpha based?" Dreidi asked, hearing the mention of princess, it seemed more complicated system than the notion of an alpha and more tradition pack mentalities.

Avra could not help but chcukle, "Goodness, no. I'm so sorry, I should explain. Princess is her name. She grew up with me when my mother found her. She has since then had her own family unit and has become the matriarch of her own clan. I understand the confusion though." she said, dispelling the air of fear with calm elucidation. That was her intent at least. Princess herself had what definitely sounded like a chuckle but then nodded her head down and offered her hand to the stranger that had come to the Misty Falls clan. It was a kind greeting. These Rancor were, like the rest of their kind, far more intelligent than any gave credit.

The children were laughing and playing with the young Rancor too; showing the symbiosis of the two in full. What the Rancor could do, the witches could not. They had bodies made for powerful action. Heavy lifting, moving mass quantities of food, and other such tasks, were commonplace to them. Meanwhile, the witches did what could not be done by the Rancor themselves. Fine motor skill based actions such as weaving, delicate medicinal tasks, and cooking, came to them naturally. Each had weakness, yet each knew that they could rely on the other to overcome them.

"Princess is very much like a sister to me. And her children are like my own really. We are linked inextricably through the spirits and through them we have built our homes here. She is very happy to know you have visited, though, and assures you that you will not need your weapon. She has no desire for conflict. She has, however, extended an invitation to spend time with her and her young so you can witness them in ways you could never have imagined." she said with a brief pause. "I am told the Rancor that are taken from Dathomir are tortured and driven mad until they are mere beasts with a thirst for violence. We cannot impose upon you, but if you were to discover those who steal the young rancor of Dathomir please, destroy them and rescue the young. If you could bring them here that would be wonderfu. We are a village built on outcasts and the lost, so they will have a home here if you can manage them. I can teach you how to commune with them as we do, to ease this task if you wish."

Dreidi flushed a little when Avra explained that the rancor's name was Princess, it was a little silly that she had assumed monarch but she also couldn't think of what else would be the case since she didn't know rancors can names beyond the ones given to them by trainers that raised them from infancy. Dreidi hesitantly placed her hand on the head of the creature and patted it gently. Never really having met a rancor, Dreidi was completely unaware of how to interact with one bar what she had read as tactics in taking a rampaging one down. "Many creatures tend to be violent when threatened or pushed to their limits. I know that many still fear rancors, especially worlds where they are native because they can be aggressive and dangerous when perceived threats cross into their territory. Similar to many animals and humanoids."

Looking to Avra, Dreidi was surprised that was she being tasked with an assignment in fetching lost rancors and to bring them back home, "I will try my best but I have no clue how to tell these rancors difficult to the ones that are native to Felucia or other worlds where rancors are known to come from." Dreidi admitted, not wanting to mess the delicate balance here by bring rancor that do not belong on this world. "But I would be grateful and indebted if you demonstrated how to commune with these beasts. I am sure that could help me in locating the correct ones?" Dreidi hoped that would be the case.

"I've known several communities that have been built by those lost or outcasted." Dreidi nodded her head solemnly as she thought of her time lost after CIS fell.

"Our clan is built on the footsteps of those exiled by others. We made this our home because it was hidden. I know too well what happens when exiles are pushed to the extremes. Our life is not wholly peaceful. There are those out there that would see us undone for our ways. Because we are reverent of both aspects those who hold only to the sister or the brother see us as heretical. They would rather remove us violently than leave us be. That is why we chose this place. We can defend ourselves here very easily." Avra said with a bitterness in her voice. She was worried at all times that their sister clans would finally grow weary of them and concentrate all of their power on removing them. They had not done so just yet, which meant that their most drastic defense had thus far never been needed. She had hoped herself, to never have to enact it, but would if the need arose.

She shook her head,
"Do not go out of your way. If you happen upon stolen Rancor do what you can. If they cannot be returned, then free them. If they are a danger to themselves and others, then the tragic truth may be that a mercy killing is for the best. Regardless, if you find out anyone has dealt in illegal Rancor trade I would value the knowledge personally so that we could handle them as they come to Dathomir."

The children and young Rancor had taken up their time now with play, the village had returned to normal operation once the large creatures had themselves gotten back into their routines. Avra motioned, "Come with me to my home. I have something that may be of use to your search for knowledge here. Let us leave the village to their work. If I am needed someone will come to me." she said offering to lead the woman away from the ruckus of food preparation. There was something she could give the stranger that would definitely be helpful.

Nodding her head, what the older woman was saying was hitting home hard, she was forced from her home on Naboo and felt in exile for most of a decade. It was only after seven years that she felt there was a chance to reconnect and reunite as a family, group of people. It had been a very tough time for her and now she had left that life behind to become more nomadic, to travel around and not have any real ties to worlds. Settling her thoughts, Dreidi looks at the other woman, "I know it must be tough, I went through similar situations of being forced out of my home, having to find somewhere new to live after a lengthy exile. Hopefully living here you can find some peace. I am shocked to hear that other covens and clans are not happy with you here, I mean, there are not that many witches of Dathomir so to war and fight with the few numbers we have seems reckless and dangerous? Could lead to our demise?" Dreidi was curious on why this would happen.

It was a request that Dreidi could and would be happy to fulfil. She nodded her head, "I will do the best I can. Transporting them will be the trickiest part since I do not currently have my own ship, I tend to trade for transport." Dreidi chuckled before she stuck her hand out to shake with Avra in an agreement. "As for the poachers, I will hunt them down as well and bring an end to this injustice." Dreidi nodded her head, it was never right to do harm to animals in her mind. Leaving a world willing and finding harm out there beyond the trainers control is one thing, to inflict harm for profits was another thing entirely.

Dreidi had sure she had everything she had brought here with and then followed Avra to her home. "What do you have if you don't mind me asking?"

"A small gift, knowledge." Avra said leading the way to her home. It was modest, and sparsely decorated. She could not see them anyways, so she had no need for any real ornamentation in the home. With a few moments of rummaging she pulled out a small pendant made of bone. "This may look small, but if you would like to take it with you, you may. I can attune it to myself and you can use this to speak to me should you need guidance or advice while you are away from Dathomir. You came to learn, so even if you depart you may continue to do so. Once it is attuned it does not matter how far away you are from me."

She placed the small trinket on the dining table and went off to gather the few things needed to perform the attunement. A ceremonial knife and a small bowl were placed on the table next, and the pendant itself was placed in the bowl. "Our blood will form the bond with the idol, and then it will be linked to both of us. It is a small matter of cutting for the blood itself and after that I can complete the ritual. There are other means by which the blood can be used to keep track of one another, but this one is the least intrusive way. If you contact me through this I will hear it and will be able to answer any questions or provide advice to you for any situation you may seek it. Would you be so kind?" she said, motioning to the bowl with the knife having already cut her palm open to allow blood to freely drip onto the bone. It was nothing new to her, but for the uninitiated witnessing the blood be absorbed into the bone so rapidly would likely have been a shock. It was a necessary step though, but once complete the item would be of great value to those who knew the true worth of knowledge and communication.

Nodding her head, Dreidi entered the residence of Avra and looked around. The place was simply decorated but there was nothing wrong with that in her own mind. Too much could create clutter and distractions, which was exactly how Dreidi's rooms always looked like after a week or so of moving into a new place. When handed the pendant, Dreidi inspected, trying to see if she could understand the Magick that was imbued inside it to do the task that was suggested it could do by Avra. "This is incredible. How can you make something like this then?" Dreidi asked curious, it seemed no worse than commlink but perhaps more decorative and pleasing to look at.

Hearing that this required a blood ritual and the process, Dreidi hyper-focused and carefully watched Avra's motions and actions. It was certainly useful to be in frequent contact with another witch, to answer questions and offer advice that Dreidi always seemed to have an endless supply of needing. "I may have a few dozen queries a week. I tend to be frustrating and attempting to understand every small thing as much as I can. Especially if I think Magick learned will help me fight." Dreidi mentioned as she took the knife and cut a small part of her palm. Letting the blood flow onto the bone without too much concern.

"Is there a way to test this has worked?" Dreidi feared there was always a chance that something would reject her or ignore her wishes.

For a few moments the bone remained off-white until finally it took the color of the blood used to bind the pendant between the two. "I suspect the change in color indicates that the effect has worked." Avra said with the slightest chuckle. Some questions had obvious answers. There was no shame in asking what one did not know though, so she continued for a moment, "The way to know that an effect which requires blood has worked is up to the nature of the magick though. We can make something as simple as this pendant, or we can use our own blood to permanently mark another so that we can know where they are at all times. In the past the Blood Trail mark was used to hunt down escaped slaves, but Misty Falls does not keep slaves nor do we take prisoners on a long-term basis. We release those we have captured in good faith back to their clans; in doing so we hope to foster the idea that we mean to do no harm to those around us and rather defend ourselves out of necessity."

This was where Avra's political savvy kicked in, "For our rivals to launch aggressive attacks against us in largely beneficial even though it is dangerous to us. If we look like we are the defenders against an unprovoked attack it is much easier for our clan to be framed as the victim rather than the instigating party. It has helped us in the past to broker peaceful arrangements with more agreeable clans as we do not come off as the party responsible for perpetuating the violence between clans. I know that it sounds callous to say that being attacked is beneficial, but I hope to leverage the good will being the defensive party has engendered us to unite the planet. Dathomir need not fight amongst itself and we need not bleed one another dry over petty differences. But I digress..." she said rummaging around for a moment in the same place she retrieved the initial pendant.

Avra held her hand out and offered the woman one more gift, "You might want to carry this too. I know you are already armed, but if you want to be seen as one of our kin then it would benefit you to carry an energy bow. My only caution is that while it is easy to use, to master it is another matter entirely. If you want to learn how to use it more effectively I can certainly teach you though. I'm not the best in the village by far, but I can at least teach the basics if you want."

Noting the colour changes in the white bone, Dreidi couldn't help but marvel at the transformation and beauty in Magick. "Well, feel a little silly for not waiting a bit longer to see the change but sometimes, you never know till it has happened." Dreidi shrugged with a smirk. "Interesting. Perhaps learning how to Blood Trail mark the poachers would be helpful in hunting them down. Ensuring we don't lose track when I contact you?" Dreidi suggested with an uncertain shrug of her shoulders. She wasn't sure if that power would actually be helpful or if she was just wanting to learn it and end up never needing to use it in her life.

"Are there still rivalries? Just the witches as a whole have been through a lot lately, wouldn't it make sense to abandon rivalries in the face of larger looming threats? Holding onto clan rivalries could cause the demise of our kind?" Dreidi asked with concern in her tone. She knew the bitterness of loyalties and rivalries people held but when faced with growing troubles and dangers out there, it should be a time to band together, fight as one force and ensure that survival of their kind lived. Dreidi hated that even here on Dathomir there wasn't peace, unity or openness between the different clans. It felt like the whole galaxy rather fight, bicker and kill themselves before attempting to understand and seek balance.

Inspecting the energy bow, Dreidi held it cautiously as she chewed on her bottom lip, the memories of archery, using a bow. It all harkened back to her father, "many years ago, my father attempted to teach me how to use a bow. I was never proficient as him... Is this really the weapon of choice for the witches? Is there not another weapon?" To use an energy bow, it felt too similar in following her father's footsteps but at the same time she wasn't thrusting the weapon in pure rejection, she was wanting to make sure this was the only option she held. "I know the basics of archery, though it has been some number of years since I even held a bow so to say I was rusty is an understatement." Dreidi sighed, with her mind in deep thought of perhaps her father could be visited in the Netherworld for tips on how to use an energy bow if this was going to be a weapon she carried.

"What is this weight that you suddenly carry?" Avra asked, feeling the change in the woman's demeanor. The bow was a simple gift, and yet she acted as if what was handed to her was a tremendous burden. That was when the pin dropped and the source of the disquiet was revealed. What Avra believed she heard was describing a strained relationship between her and her father.

"Was the relationship between yourself and your father strained? I feel that I might be able to give you something more than just a simple bow if that is the case." she said granting the woman a brief moment of silence between the two while she pulled a shallow bowl from the bottom shelf of her cabinet. It was made of volcanic glass, and had a near mirror shine on it. Avra poured water from vessel in the same storage area into the bowl and let it settle into a still pool.

The silence must have been unbearable after such an awkward moment, so Avra offered a question to alleviate that, "Please, tell me about him. You said he was proficient with the use of our bows. Was he from Dathomir?" she asked, continuing to collect small materials here and there. A candle rendred from tallow of a rancor was placed beside the bowl with the same small knife that was used to help create the talisman that linked the two together. She was preparing a ritual that would allow the young woman to speak to her father no matter where he may well be.

Whatever was told to her, Avra listened intently, and politely, while working to put together the pieces needed. She was going to serve as the conduit through which her father would speak, which meant allowing another to take control of her body only temporarliy and only to speak. Avra pricked her finger and stirred the bowl and handled the knife gently when offering it to Dreidi, "A small offering please. Once you place your blood into the water your father will communicate with you through me. It will only last for so long, but this might be what it was that brought you to me here today."

She shook her head, "he was the best father he could have been. But he passed when I was young. Too young. I barely became a Jedi when he died. Ran off to war on some far off planet. He suffered with early onset dementia, so he already had a death sentence for many years but he cut it short." Dreidi explained, she had discussed, shared and dealt with a lot of emotions that came from her father's passing up holding an energy bow, it brought a lot of memories that she had not thought about in who knows how long.

"It wasn't he was proficient with these ones exactly. He had his own, energy bow. It was a drawstring that had the energy of a Lightsaber and he could fire a selection of arrows from it. This is just similar to what he had and using a bow brought back memories I had not thought about." Dreidi paused for a long moment, "he was a Jedi Grand Master, similar to Night Mother, lead a whole faction and order of Jedi. He fought hard, struggled with his own demons and from what my mother said before she left, I was very much like him." Dreidi recounted, hinting that her mother abandoned her. "I have already spoken to him, discussed the pain of his passing. There was a gate to the Netherworld, where many of the dead lie, and I found him there. We spoke for many hours."

Dreidi held the knife and thought about it. Talking to her father again, tell him of her mother's abandonment of her, how his death collapsed their whole family but how would that help her? How would it gain her acceptance and move on? Shaking her head, Dreidi held the knife to offer it back. "The offer is most appreciated and kind but I talked to him, whatever I would say to him now would not add anything to my life. Best I see if I can still use a bow." Dreidi stated, attempting to leave the past where it should be left.

"Closure is an important thing to have when we lose a loved one or family member. Every day we feel it that they are gone from our world. We miss them, but we do not begrudge them the peace of eternity. I am happy that you got to speak with him, some of us have yet to achieve that closure. Perhaps someday, I too will have the relative peace that you have." she said, sealing the wound on her finger closed without even a thought. She left everything where it was; she could tidy her place up later. For now she had matters to attend to that called to her.

Avra stood up slowly and motioned to the door, "
Please, enjoy the hospitality of the village and my people for as long as you like. You are a welcome guest any time you choose to visit so long as you do not bring war with you. I must attend to the festival organization soon so this is where we must part for now. Go in peace and may the spirits watch over you as they do us."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom