Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Learning how to Shii-Cho (Kyra/Yuroic)

It had been awhile since Yuroic had taught a lesson on Shii-Cho, especially to a newcomer, however he had noted that Kyra didn't have much experience in the Jedi combat ways and offered her a chance to learn a few things he knew from his many years of fighting. Shii-Cho was a good base for all training, it was the start that all Jedi went through and it could work well in ensuring that a Jedi did not meet a quick end when facing another skilled fighter. While there were more complex and some ways better Forms, if one jumped ahead then there could be a multitude of mistakes. Yuroic had always been one to rush ahead when he was learning and his teachers and Jedi Master had to stop him from trying to do things outside his skills at the time.

It was probably why he had as many scars as he did, rushing into fights outside his skill level and expecting to come away with a victory, it wasn't common that he did. Stretching his body, Yuroic grunted as he moved his arms around and looked around the room, it was his usual training sands room. The temperature was chilly due to the weather becoming colder however, he fully expected them to be working a sweat so it being cool would be a pleasant sensation. He was wearing his loose workout clothes, a vest and sweatpants. Some trained in their Jedi robes but Yuroic thought that was odd, his current clothes worked fine and he had the mobility in them to perform the Form to the best of his ability.

Holding two wooden training swords, Yuroic waited on Kyra to arrive.

[member="Kyra Perl"]

Kyra dragged her feet over. It didn't surpass her notice that this training invite came only after she had worked besides Yuroic on the field trip. It also didn't surpass her notice that she probably hadn't preformed, as some might say, 'stellar' .

In fairness it was just suppose to be a field trip for old stuffy artifacts, not a real life encounter with sith. Regardless, Kyra felt a bit found out. Her newb status and previous experience at other academies had done well to hide her weak areas. Her success in stopping a slaving attempt on a nearby wookie village only further exasperated the assumption that she was capable enough for her age group. Once put in front of a master, however... It was clear her training needed some hands on direction. Stat.

She showed up late, her face beat red and feet shuffling. She had considered dropping out a few dozen times over the hour leading up to this point, and if she hadn't already done so to 4 other places, she might just have. She wore her padawan robes, unaware there had been any other option. She gave a weak smile, fully aware that she had left a master waiting and appropriately abashed for it. You see, her showing up at all was a big step. Or so she justified, tucking her hair to one side as she gave a respectful bow.

"Master Yuroic..." was all she said, the presence of pheromones and a touch of empathic manipulation drifting across him. Relax... go easy on her...

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

He could sense the nervousness of Kyra for awhile before she arrived in the room. He didn't mind her being late, the class was impromptu and he wasn't her Master so he was trying not to be strict on other Padawans as he had been on his own. Especially his strict training with Asaraa, she didn't like the training at the time but she could definitely show it worked well for her. He was sure his daughter would outmatch him quicker than he would like, though he never admit it to her. She would never let it go if he praised her like that. Looking over to Kyra, he could see some similarities and he knew that there was likely potential. She came from a family of skilled Force Users so Kyra stood a good chance at being very skilled herself.

Noting the Padawan robes, he smirked, it was how he went about things as a Jedi Padawan, less so as a Knight. Though, at times he did take part in wearing the robes, especially when he was working in the archives. Now he dressed more casually but he wore the robes for the right occasion or event. Inhaling, he could feel himself wanting to take it easier on Kyra, perhaps the wooden swords were a bit much. Foam ones would be softer and easier for Kyra. That sounded fair to him. Shaking his head, wait no that wasn't his style at all. He looked around, confused at his sudden thoughts then looked at Kyra and shook his head. Zeltron pheromones, she wanted him to go easier on her well that played into his hand fine. "Can stop with the pheromones Kyra, they won't work. Had plenty of people playing around in my head. Was also a frequent visitor to Zeltros so got better at handling them."

Yuroic didn't state why he visited Zeltros so much, that wasn't a story she needed to know. "Catch." Throwing the second wooden sword to her and moved into position opposite her. "Today you will be learning Shii-Cho, first Lightsaber Form created and first one a Jedi should master." Yuroic informed Kyra.

[member="Kyra Perl"]

Kyra yelped and caught the stick, her cheeks flooding a darker pink as the emotional sway cut off in an instant. The pheromones, however, lingered outside her immediate control. It was noteworthy that without her empathic presence backing them up, their sway was noticeably weaker than any other full-blooded Zeltron he had previously encountered.

"I- wha-tha-" She blubbered. He would sense her flustered regret, like maybe the manipulation hadn't been as intentional as it had appeared. She took a step back from him, eyeing the stick in his hand with apprehension to boot.

"Is this really necessary," she finally managed, finding her voice again. "I already learned how to fight, my mother hired tutors." For some things. But it wasn't exactly a lie either way. She took another step back, wary of the way he held out that stick, almost like a snake coiled for attack.

She didn't trust it.

"Listen, if this is about that trip-- I was just caught off guard. Everyone was. You said we were just collecting items! Ihadn'twarmedup." There was a slight whine to her tone, a babyish edge that only a youngest sibling of a family could ever truly master and get away with.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

It appeared that Kyra was as inexperienced as he suspected she might be, however she seemed opposed to the idea of training. He could tell that she wasn't trying to sway him anymore with her pheromones which he was pleased to see, otherwise it would be another Padawan he have to lecture on the way of the Jedi. Kaili was someone he was concerned with, however, he had to find time to do that sort of lecturing. Holding his sword out, Yuroic eyed Kyra closely as he listened to what she had to say, seemed that she was coming up with a few reasons and excuses to the fact she didn't need this training with him. There was a simple way that he knew she could prove what she was saying was true.

"If you are truly skilled with in sword combat then you can prove it right here, right now. We can sort this out now, if you need to warm up then we can do some cardio, though I believe no one had time to warm up in that situation and everyone else was capable with a Lightsaber." He gave a knowing look to Kyra as he stood there waiting for her initial strike if she dared to attack though he doubted she would. "However, if you are in need of lessons then we can begin straight away so you don't have to worry in the future."

[member="Kyra Perl"]

Was her skin suppose to be pink or red? It was definitely red, even her ears growing hot under the master’s pointed words.

She was meant to say something respectful right now. Like ‘yes master’. Or ‘you’re right, master. Let’s begin.’ Instead she boiled with righteous indignation mixed with the toxic combination of ripe embarrassment. The girl was riddled with insecurities, all which erupted inside of her after such a blunt display.

It was safe to say no one had ever spoken so plainly to her before. And those that did quickly got tears and the fist of an older sister. The kicker was he wasn’t even wrong. Kyra swallowed hard, settling for saying nothing. The wooden sword was slowly risen, the tip of it shaking ever so slightly.

True to his guess, she did not strike first. She simply stood there, mortified and waiting for... whatever method this master chose on her.

Yuroic could sense the emotions coming from Kyra, his love Jairdain had taught him how to feel emotions and more through the Force. She would often sense his feelings before he said a word, it was both impressive and annoying. Watching Kyra, she was a kettle ready to boil with annoyance and shame. His aura was one of calm and focus, a focus on training that was razor sharp. His skills in combat were quite amazing if he allowed himself to brag. It was clear that Kyra was insecure about her skills, it was understandable but Yuroic was here to help her grow stronger in her abilities, she just had to be willing to learn.

When she didn't attack him for several moments, Yuroic lowered the sword and moved beside her. "So, Shii-Cho is simple but very effective against the right opponent. This is the first Form Jedi learned thousands of years ago. Today we will take it slow and just follow me." Yuroic informed Kyra as he moved into the first position of Shii-Cho. His stance was strong and he pointed out the importance of the position of her feet and the way she swung the blade. "Don't worry about being fast or effective for a real fight, being correct is more important. Practice will help make sure you can fight a real person in time." His aura throughout was calm and reassuring.

[member="Kyra Perl"]

That had been her weakness when they encountered the sith— had quickly she had been overwhelmed and outclass. Kyra moved the way he instructed her to, and she didn’t have any trouble entering the correct position. It was the lack of practice that had made her form fall apart.

He spoke truths that were meant to reassure her— this was fixable. She didn’t have to remain this way. But she didn’t hear that from him, her shame got in the way.

“I can fight them- I am capable,” she protested, her voice cracking in pain. For what it was worth, his aura did buffer the intensity of emotions inside of her. But it could only do so much for a little empath feeling the worse she had to feel.

“I’ve learned this before.”

Looking at her, Yuroic could see that she was upset and very capable, she moved well and he was able to make sure that she kept her form well through several attempts. He then looked at her, dead in the eye. "If you can fight then prove you can. Hit me, attack me. Don't stand here and keep learning the same things over and over again. Prove that you are strong, that you are worthy of my time." Yuroic didn't care of her family name or her past, she was a Jedi, same as him, however she had to demonstrate that she wanted to be more. He couldn't force it.

"I could spend all day teaching you. I could spend all year lecturing you on how to fight or we could just fight and you learn from that. Be warned, I will hit you, you will bruise and it will hurt but you will learn how to fight Sith. Because you are not ready, you are not capable to fight Sith." Yuroic showed his cybernetic arm, "this is what happens when you think you are ready when you are not. Or worse, you die. So hit me, or at least, try to hit me. Today will be the first step towards being capable to fight Sith, to not being afraid of them." Yuroic commented, he was strict but his aura was still one of calm.

[member="Kyra Perl"]

“I’m not afraid!” Kyra snapped, a spark of her emotions slipping through. She wasn’t usually one to get angry, or have a temper, but lately … her insecurities had been rubbed raw. She lashed out, resembling Yula in that moment as she responded to her emotions with fist and fury.

She brought the wooden sword down on him. It was no surprise to her that it was blocked, he was a master after all, but that did not mark the end of the attack. She advanced forward, pressing him again with another attack. And another. Until she was a flurry of emotions each attached to a slash-- trying to beat their way into proving she was worth something. She was capable. She wasn't a failed jedi, she could do this like her siblings did.

But as he saw on the field trip, emotions distracted her. Her form quickly grew lose, her movements losing their intention until it was pure instinctual slashing with no form at all. She didn’t care. She would hit him. He would see.

She made a noise of frustration, unable to find a way in.

It wasn't difficult to sense the strong emotions emanating from Kyra, there was anger, frustration and more. He moved aside dodging and avoiding the attacks, while there was some skill, she still had a fair way to go. Yuroic occasionally blocked with his sword, as her attacks got sloppier and easier to dodge, Yuroic could only shake his head as he watched the Padawan. There was too much going on in her mind, it was detracting from her being present, being able to fight effectively. He kept his dodging and blocking strong, remaining calm, remaining focused on the now.

"Kyra, this is not how a Jedi fights. This is how a reckless, inexperienced civilian fights. Keep your emotions in check, don't let them be your weakness but a strength. Embrace them but don't be consumed by them, no Sith would be defeated by someone attacking like this." Yuroic talked as he defended himself, able to keep Kyra from hitting him as he instructs her. "You need to be more methodical, approach a difficult opponent with skilled, practised attacks, test their defences and find the weakness. Currently, I could disarm you and even kill you in a single strike. Breathe slowly, take your time." Yuroic stepped back to allow the Padawan some breathing room.

Twirling the sword around, Yuroic held it firmly as he looked at Kyra. "Being afraid, being worried, scared. Even feeling angry. It is fine, natural, and everyone feels that way. I was scared on Wayland, I knew I could handle myself but I was scared what if there was an enemy that was too strong for me to fight, or if you got hurt. If anyone with us got hurt badly. But I didn't let it blind me, because once you blind yourself with emotions. That's when people's lives are in danger." Yuroic explained with full sincerity.

[member="Kyra Perl"]

Kyra panted in place when Yuroic disengaged her. She had gotten no where with him besides making a fool of herself. A feat which had her tear ducts stinging. Kyra wasn't never particularly good at handling her weaknesses. And just being plain inadequate at something was the worse boon of all, to a girl with many successful siblings.

"Well then maybe I'm not fit to be a Jedi," she declared, lowering her saber. The tears slid angrily down her a cheeks, a sight that usually turned a moment in her favor among her siblings. Her deep red hair stuck wildly out around her, pulled out of her braid from the sweat she had worked up. Yuroic was frustratingly more composed, a fact which only added to her indignant response.

"I know emotions. I'm an empath. I don't let them affect me, I control them." Theoretically. That was the narrative she believed about herself, because recognizing otherwise would simply be unpleasant. She gave her thick robes a frustrated tug, her response clearly becoming more about theatrics than true emotions. This was not how she behaved on the trip. "I have been training for years! I think I would know how to lift a saber by now! And I'd think that'd be enough to let me join that crystal trip." It would be easy to assume this attitude had been among the reasons she was not, the girl dropping any semblance of respect in favor of a full out hissy fit.

"I'm trying my best here!But if that's not good enough-" Her saber thumbed out of existence. "Then maybe I should just go back as reckless, inexperienced civilian after all!"

He sighed heavily. Perhaps he was being too harsh on Kyra but she wasn't recognising the truth, the dangers she could pose to herself and others if she didn't take the time to learn properly the way to fight, defend and protect herself and others. He used the Force and guided his sword back onto the weapon before he looked over to Kyra and shook his head. "Tell me, who is more in control of their emotions right now, me or you?" Yuroic gestured to her then himself, "this crying and moaning. This isn't going to work, you can't stop Sith by throwing a tantrum, trust me. I've seen the darkness, I've seen the powerful Sith out there, this they will use to break you. I need you to realise that I am not being cold or unsympathetic, I am being realistic. If you want to be a Jedi, then you need to fight, you need to be able to control yourself and prove to the galaxy that the Sith aren't strong."

Standing, he was able to tell that she was dealing with a lot of insecurities but he couldn't fix them for her, only she could do that. Yuroic went through similar struggles as a Padawan himself. "Now, no Padawan is perfect, no Master is either. We all have problems and we all deal with them, I never thought I would be a Master. I never thought I was worthy of love or affection of others because I grew up a slave to an abusive owner who tore me down. I came here with nothing and now I have two daughters, engaged and very happy with my life. However, I had to confront my insecurities myself, reveal my problems and face them." Yuroic explained as he looked at the Padawan, "to be a Jedi, you need to do the same. Every Jedi needs to do this, we all have issues and we all have to face them to fight the darkness. Doesn't matter if you don't know how to fight or at least aren't great at fighting yet, you are a Padawan, you are suppose to be learning all this."

He let out a breath, hoping she would hear him, truly hear him as he tried to connect with her to help.

[member="Kyra Perl"]

Krya blinked abruptly, one of his words striking a cord deep within her.

"I've seen the darkness, I've seen the powerful Sith out there, this they will use to break you." This, being her emotions. Because of course, they led to the dark side, didn't they? She took a staggering step back, a spark of fear igniting in her chest.

Did he know?

Did he know what she did? Did he suspect-- was she...

All her attitude bled out of her face, leaving her pale and unsettled as she stood before him. "That's not fair," she whispered, her protests small. "You're using the force to read me..." Nearly all the other masters that had tried to reach her had as well, but she had brushed them off time and time again, unwiliing to accept any hand offered to her because... ... ... Well, wasn't this time different? Wasn't Nida here, offering her a chance to reestablish something, anything. Kyra had been so desperate for chance to have her family back again, risking it to moments like these had her ... confused, to say the least.

Was she working against herself here? The little voice in the back of her head finally crept up. She had never seen a cost to her anger before, but now it came rushing to her in two images. Nida fading away. And the trandosh- lizard person dying at her feet.

She swallowed hard, wrapping her arms around herself.

"What if... I can't do it. What if I fail?" A large lump squeezed in her throat, the padawan finally acknowledging the truths he had spoken. There was nothing worse to her than caring, trying, investing in something... only to lose it. Better to not try. Better to push it away.

She shook her head and took a step back, as if doing that.

Yuroic shook his head, he didn't need the Force to read the girl, she was explaining how she felt through her actions and her emotions. His expression was calm as he thought of the best way to approach this. She was scared, scared of failure and she was scared that he knew something that she was afraid of. He hadn't looked into Kyra's past, she didn't need him to be intrusive. "Right, I don't need the Force to be able to tell your emotions Kyra, it is clear all over your face and presence. However, I will point out that you tried to manipulate me first moment we met, whether you meant to or not, you did try." Yuroic then stepped closer to Kyra, his features softening.

"Then fail, learn and grow. Everyone fails, I failed more times than I can count. If I never failed then I would have never lost my arm, I would have never gone down the path I did to then come out the other side and learn from those experiences and become the Jedi Master I am today. Don't worry about failing, as long as you never give up, never surrender to defeat, then you will get better and make less mistakes, less failures. You only fail if you give into fear and never try, or give into fear and give up. Fighting, learning and preserving will only make you a champion in anyone's eyes." Yuroic placed a hand on her shoulder and squeezed silently. "I think you could be great, but you need to decide what you want to do and pursue it." He stated to her.

[member="Kyra Perl"]

Kyra wavered under his warm hand, the girl frozen stiff under his sway. She gave him a numb nod of acknowledgement, her mind unable to really piece through and process the advice he had gave her. In some ways she wasn't ready to let go of the mindset that was holding her back, and in others she frankly didn't know what would even come next if she did. But she wanted to. At least, a part of her did. And that was the part of her that had her nod, the attitude snuffed right out of her.

She just wanted to be like her siblings.

Did they fail behind closed doors too?

"I don't want to lose my arm..." She finally commented. "Can't I fail another way? Like at arts and crafts or something? Why do I gotta suck at this?" She kicked at the wooden sword, ignoring the fact that it was her lack of dedication that was the answer.

"I don't fit in. I'm not good enough-- I couldn't even get my own crystal, and the others are gonna notice." Her voice grew tight, a slight whine catching in it. "What am I suppose to say to that, I-..."

Yuroic shook his head, Kyra was too focused on appearing to fail in front of others. It was something that everyone her age goes through but she needed to learn to move past it if she wanted to improve as well. "Don't let your concerns of others seeing you fail, knowing you have failed to stop. Think more about learning from your failures, this doesn't mean that you will lose a limb and you don't suck at this. Do you think that your siblings could do as well as they do right now without training, without starting where you are now?" Yuroic stated firmly as he crossed his arms.

"It is best to train, know how to effectively use a weapon before you travel to get your crystal. I can help you get the place to get a crystal and guide you on your Jedi path but you have to stop thinking about what others think." He tapped her forehead, "and focus on how you want to be. They won't say anything as long as you improve and show your determination. Prove to them that you want to be a Jedi and want to help other Jedi grow." He sighed then took a step back, "Jedi face challenges and failure everyday, what we do is we stand up, we fight and we don't give up so, pick the sword up and show me that you want to learn and be a Jedi."

He was being tough once more but she needed to see that life wasn't easy when you were a Jedi.

[member="Kyra Perl"]

Don't care what others think? The concept was practically impossible for her. She did care. Sometimes it hurt for how much she cared. Which was exactly the reason the shaken girl picked up the sword-- not because she had grown under his words or because she decided she did want to prove herself capable and willing. No, those would have all been respectable motivations, and maybe one day she'd claim they were the reason along. But right now, standing before him, the truth was she picked up that sword because... he might think less of her if she didn't.

And her fear of that was enough to set her off on the right path ... albeit, on the wrong foot.

All the same, the girl raised the wooden sword with arms that were still soft. The tendon's could be seen straining under her skin, making up for the work that muscles were suppose to do. She fought to hold the tip steady, a sheen of distress reflecting in her eyes.

"Don't tell anyone about this."

There was a difference between acknowledging the emotions of others and what they thought, over letting them control you, however Yuroic didn't push the matter further since she took up the sword. Kyra was ready to learn though she was still worried of others knowing that she had to learn this, Yuroic sighed but nodded his head. He knew that Kyra had to realise someday that she couldn't hide the fact that she needed training, it was how everyone learnt so he hoped that it wouldn't take her long.

Stretching, he stood by her side. "This sword will be heavier than your Lightsaber but it would mean that as long as are proficient with this weapon then you can fight very well with a Lightsaber for much longer." Yuroic informed Kyra, it was part of his training, better to learn how to be strong with a heavier weapon then to have less stamina with lighter weapons. It would definitely make Kyra develop muscles and tone her but she could be deadlier than others if she kept up his training. An example would be Asaraa who was a formidable Jedi nowadays.

"So, follow me, we'll start slow and speed up." Yuroic demonstrates Shii-Cho to Kyra and continues to practice the moves faster as time progresses.

[member="Kyra Perl"]

wVvoJkT.png
Kyra dragged herself into class, and on time to boot. She never showed particular excitement for her lessons with Yuroic, but her resistance had faded to the occasional dragging of her feet. No more wining. No more hissy fits. The girl was quiet and unenthusiastic. Almost as if she was pouting, but with no end in sight and nothing to gain... well, she just seemed sad.

Any glance into her files would have shown a perpetual issue of her being unable to adjust.

Perhaps that was this, perhaps it wasn't. She never gave him any details of her life to fuss out otherwise. Until this time, when she plopped to the ground and began to retie her shoes. They looked new-- a nice, shinny set of combat boots. She handled them with care, brushing off a scuff and tucking in the laces as she asked casually.

"What happens when a padawan finds a crystal on their own?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom