Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Le parti de fantaisie

Formal Attire. Kalyn hated formal wear, she hated formality in general, but she especially hated dresses she hated them so much, she would go on a crusade to burn all of them if she could, yet she was going to this party, which it was the dress code, for women at least. The party was very formal, and she probably would not have gone, but it was for an old friend, so she really had no choice. She would have been fine if it was casual, she could have worn something much different, like a shirt, and some jeans, but nope, this was formal and she hated it. In mandalorian space, you could literally walk into a party in your beskar'gam and no one would give a feth, and if you came with a dress on, you would be laughed out of the room. This was almost the opposite, but if you came in your armor you would be arrested, not laughed out of the room. She came in wearing the dress, he plan was to get as drunk as possible, so she would not remember any of this. Oddly enough they allowed droids at this party, so to make R7 look fancy she stuck a magnet on a bow tie and put it on her droid, why they allowed droids was beyond her, but you never know. Upon walking in Kalyn immediately went for the bar. Then her droid said something about this not being the best plan.
"Yes R7 i know this is probably not the best idea, but it is the only one i can come up with." She said
[member=bing] [member=thryykarr] [member=james justice]

Parties? James loved parties. The wine, the women, the schmoozing, the friends, the talking--pretty much everything he could love or ask for could be found in a party. And even sometimes he would find himself a good fight or two. Dressed in a dapper black leather flight coat, white button up shirt and slacks, James knew he was boarderline underdressed but he was sure he could get away with talking his way our of it. To sooth his tobacco addiction he pursed an expensive wooden pipe between his lips. Was it expensive? Yes. But he had it working for him.

The man srut across the room and recognized a familiar face. Kalyn. He had done a few runs with her and well, that was enough to merit a social talk to him. Not that he wasn't more than willing to talk to complete strangers.

Guiding the lady Zeltron with him, James found his way to Kalyn at the bar, "Well ye are quiet a site to see here. How long has it been, miss? And I must say ye look," he searched for the word, "stunning."

The lady Zeltron giggled and affirmed his opinion with a quiant smile, "its always a pleasure to meet one of James' past co-workers."

[member="Kalyn Skirata"]

Kalyn ordered a corellian whiskey, one of her favorite drinks, when an old friend [member=james justice] showed up, with a zeltron. His complement was nice but she still hated this dress, and would much rather be at home, but she had little choice.
"Well aren't you a sight for sore eyes, while i do enjoy your compliment, i would much rather come in something less formal.... Nice to meet you too miss, and it is current coworker." Kalyn said as she took a sip of her drink.
"Yes it has been a while, i believe since that whole mess on Gallos a few months back." She continued.

His lady friend, Dinna, giggled, "My mistake."

James leaned over and ordered a pair of Green Rodiens. They were a mixed drink, and a bit lower brow for this event, but it was higher class than what he was used to drinking. He would find a compromise there. Taking a sip of frothing beverage, he gave a content sigh, "Aye it has been," the spacer leaned against the bar, stretching out. His boots clicked slightly on the flooring.

"To be honest, I do feel a little out of place too," he confessed, taking long drafts on his pipe and fuming a world of smoke into the air, "I'd rather be back on the Angel, or out in a canitina. There always be more ways than this to making an honest living, but," he shrugged, "gotta grease the palms, schmooze the work and all." Crossing his legs as he leaned on the counter, James put an arm around Dinna. She cuddled beside him, her slinky, white dress looking quite striking against her vibrant pink skin.

"What brings you here, then?" he asked, resetting his pipe between his lips.

[member="Kalyn Skirata"]

James shrugged, letting out a wreath of smoke, "Have I ever been known to turn down a party, eh?"

He leaned on the bar, taking a sip of his drink, keeping Dinna close to his body. "Ye never know who will show up at these kinda things. We may get a few extra jobs this way, or an investor or two, ye never know," he winked. His skills of persuasion were always on point. He watched some of the party goers walk by and thought about approaching a few, getting a feel of them--later. The night was young enough.

"Who be this friend of yours?" James asked, "she sounds all too bad to be standing ye up like this."

[member="Kalyn Skirata"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom