Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lawmaster pistol

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

Intent:
To create a standard-issue sidearm for EE Jusicar members

Image Source: X
Canon Link: N/A
Permissions: N/A
Primary Source: https://judgedredd.fandom.com/wiki/Lawgiver

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

Manufacturer: Rocksolid Arms
Affiliation: EE Judiciary
Model: I J“Law master” MKI
Modularity: mission variable voice programmed amazon types
Production: Limited
Material: Durasteel, Plasteel

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Classification: Sidearm/ blastic pistol
Size: medium
Weight: 1.7 kg
Ammunition Type: slugs
Ammunition Capacity: 25 shots per magazine
Effective Range:
Personal
Rate of Fire: 50 rpm
Stopping Power: High
Recoil: medium

SPECIAL FEATURES

A sensor on its grip is programmed to recognize the palm-print of the authorized user registered to the weapon. If anyone else, including another operative, attempts to use the weapon it will self-destruct in the user's hand, leaving them severely crippled or dead. However, recognizing that this feature may interfere with an operative performing their duties in the field, the Justice Department does maintain instructions on how to bypass the security feature. This information is only accessible by Sargeants and above. The weapon built-in Stun-Shot system, which runs on an internal battery pack. It fires a Neuro-Electric Energy Pulse that scrambles the target's nervous system, causing them to faint. The pulse has no lasting side-effects, though it may cause heart failure, epileptic seizures, or permanent Central Nervous System damage. A depleted battery pack can be recharged at a station house. built-in motion tracker. Target acquisition Sensor, Flash Suppressor, Bullpup Recoil Suppression System.

AMMO: Standard Execution (SE): ammunition used in response to generic situations.

Armor-Piercing (AP): ammunition used to deal with Robots or lifeforms wearing body armor. Armor-Piercing rounds are also powerful enough to go through cover or multiple unarmored perps.

Ricochet (R): rubber-titanium ammunition used to shoot perps around corners and behind cover. Can be used in standoff situations to allow Judges to shoot around hostages.

Incendiary (I): partially explosive chemical rounds that ignite whatever target they hit.

High-Explosive (HE, Hi-Ex): these rounds can be used when a situation calls for a forced entry into an area and there isn't time to wait for heavier reinforcements.

Heatseeker (HS or "Hot Shot"): rounds that lock on and seek targets by their body-heat. Can be used in combination with Incendiary rounds.

Gas Rounds (optional)

STRENGTHS

Adaptable

Reliable

Security

WEAKNESSES

Limited ammo

Variable recoil

Requires specialized training to use

Less effective agist target with energy shields or lightsabers

DESCRIPTION

voice-activated machine pistol that serves as the standard sidearm issued to EE Judiary police force multi-faceted weapon capable of firing a variety of ammunition from a single cartridge equipped with several security features to help prevent one of these illustrious weapons from falling into the wrong hands.

Colton Colton

Before we move forward with this review we need to address the similarity between this submission and the Lawgiver you based it on.

Name

The Lawmaster is very very similar to the name of the weapon from Judge Dredd, the Lawgiver.

Special Features

Your entire special features section appears to be copied directly from the wiki, including the ammo types and the features available to the gun.
Ammo from wiki:
  • General Purpose (GP): the standard lead alloy bullet.
  • Armor-Piercing (AP): a dense metal bullet meant to pierce body armor, cover, or a robot or vehicle's hardened metal chassis.
  • Rubber Ricochet (RR): a rubber bullet used to shoot perps around corners and behind cover. It is useful in hostage or riot situations or when incapacitating a perp who is not guilty of a capital crime. The round, although "less than lethal", can still injure or even maim or kill its target.
  • Incendiary (I): Contains a compound that sets the target on fire and can burn or melt anything it touches.
  • Grenade (G): Fires a shell that explodes into fragments. It is reserved for use on armored vehicles and reinforced robots.
  • High Explosive (HE): Fires a shell that detonates, but has little fragmentation.
  • Heat Seeker (HS): The Heat Seeker over-caliber round is a Semi-Armor-Piercing bullet that has a lead alloy sheath over a dense metal core (which contains the sensor). It also has finned control surfaces on its tail to alter its course in flight. It could lock on and track targets by their heat signature. It screwed on to the end of the barrel with a magnetic clamp; this automatically locked out the magazines and rendered it unable to chamber and fire the weapon's other ammo types. Judges carried them in a special long pouch on the back of their gloves and carried 3 rounds per glove.

From wiki:

The first sidearm seen used by Dredd and the other Judges. Unlike the blocky, black MK II, the Lawgiver MK I was silver in colour and was much more slender, resembling a rifle scope with a pistol grip. The Lawgiver MK I was a multi-fire weapon capable of using various ammunition types. It had one dorsal (top) and one ventral (bottom) feeding magazine wells and used two double magazines that held 12 rounds on each side (24 per magazine, for a total of 48 rounds). Magazines had to be manually selected and the shooter had to pick between ventral or dorsal feed. Each magazine has a digital counter at the bottom that gives the ammo count in the magazine.

Additionally, this model of Lawgiver also has a built-in Stun-Shot system, which runs on an internal battery pack. It fires a Neuro-Electric Energy Pulse that scrambles the target's nervous system, causing them to faint. The pulse has no lasting side-effects, though it may cause heart failure, epileptic seizures, or permanent Central Nervous System damage. A depleted battery pack can be recharged at a station house or from a Lawmaster's power system.

Right now, everything about this submission appears to be ripping the Lawgiver from the Judge Dredd universe and dropping it into Chaos. As you are aware we have a rule against plagiarism:

• Plagiarism will not be tolerated. Small excerpts may be included from other sources in a sub, but they must include a credit, link, and be clearly marked.

As such, I will be moving this submission back to the pre-factory for you to work on in your own time due to the significant amount of re-writing required to make it acceptable to board rules. Please do not plagiarise, either from other people's submissions or outside sources in the future. Breaking this room in the future will lead to penalties which may include a factory and codex ban.

Last edited:
I
'll tweak it, it is heavily based on the Lawgiver changed to 1st for trying to avoid the plagiarism, 2nd I believe the GA his pistol called lawgiver so also to avoid confusing the 2 weapons

made some changes, not sure if it's enough, tweaked the Ammo type and special features, additional fed is appreciated trying to strike a balance, to get to conform to rules and still have it be as close to Lawgiver from judge dreed as possible.

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

Intent:
To create a standard-issue sidearm for EE Jusicar members

Image Source: X
Canon Link: N/A
Permissions: N/A
Primary Source: https://judgedredd.fandom.com/wiki/Lawgiver

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

Manufacturer: Rocksolid Arms
Affiliation: EE Judiciary
Model: I J“Law master” MKI
Modularity: mission variable voice programmed amazon types
Production: Limited
Material: Durasteel, Plasteel

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Classification: Sidearm/ blastic pistol
Size: medium
Weight: 1.7 kg
Ammunition Type: slugs
Ammunition Capacity: 25 shots per magazine
Effective Range:
Personal
Rate of Fire: 50 rpm
Stopping Power: High
Recoil: medium

SPECIAL FEATURES

Recoil suppression system, plan print and DNA scanner so only the member it issued to can use this feature can be overridden but the only senior member has knowledge of how to this

AMMO: Standard Execution (SE): General propose leathal rounds

Armor-Piercing (AP): ammunition used to deal with Robots or body armor. Armor-Piercing rounds are also powerful enough to go through cover or multiple unarmored perps.

Ricochet (R): ammunition used to shoot perps around corners and behind cover. Can be used in standoff situations to allow Member of the Justicars to shoot around hostages.

Incendiary (I): partially explosive chemical rounds that ignite whatever target they hit.

High-Explosive (HE, Hi-Ex): Rounds tip with an explosive compound

Stun: rounds that function like a taser immobilizing and rending preps unconscious

Gas Rounds (optional)

STRENGTHS

Adaptable

Reliable

Security

WEAKNESSES

Limited ammo

Variable recoil

Requires specialized training to use

Less effective agist target with energy shields or lightsabers

DESCRIPTION

voice-activated machine pistol that serves as the standard sidearm issued to EE Judiary police force multi-faceted weapon capable of firing a variety of ammunition from a single cartridge equipped with several security features to help prevent one of these illustrious weapons from falling into the wrong hands.

Colton Colton - As this thread hasn't been updated in a while, I just wanted to ask what the status is on this submission? If I don't receive a reply within a day or two, this thread will be locked and archived for the time being. Should you wish to continue working on this project, please let me know - or please make a request through the Submission Modification Request thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom